Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, SimCity, Army of Two with $20 Credits @ Amazon

[quote name='Psychonik']Does anyone know how the digital release of Crysis will be given? As in is it a code or put on disc?[/QUOTE]

Code apparently.

[quote name='Psychonik']Does anyone know how the digital release of Crysis will be given? As in is it a code or put on disc?[/QUOTE]
Based on amazon and gamestop's wording you get them via email after it is sent out.

[quote name='Reraise']AAA games rarely drop more than $20 in the first 2 months.[/QUOTE]If the game isn't worth $40 then is it really a AAA title? U maybe more of a "budget game buyer" than most & will wait longer(I assume you're clearing your backlog in the process)

[quote name='Rage Goblin']So nice to get things on release day as opposed to waiting a week or two for the $40 sale.[/QUOTE]But that's what makes the BB deal so good you get everything game day 1, largest credit amount & the $20 sale price. Basically, the end result is $40 paid w/$20 credit.

[quote name='Metal Militia']It also says you get the credit two days after your order ships so that's better than having to wait a month for your $20 RZ certificate like Best buy.[/QUOTE]If u want instant RZ pts from BB then vote for them here it's been live for
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ints-posts-w-nno-risk-to-BestBuy/idi-p/547674

[quote name='Alien Spider']The 60 day PM is only valid for purchases made by RZ Silver members, correct? I thought regular purchases only had 30 days to do a post sale PM.

Still, I can't see Dead Space 3 dropping that much in just a couple months, I could be wrong I guess. The convenience of not having to go to the store on a Tuesday after work, instant $20 promo code, no tax, getting the game delivered to me on release day (I have Prime), AND getting Amazon exclusive dlc that I can sell on eBay a couple months down the road and make some of my money back, makes Amazon the winner for me.

I love Best Buy, but I've had terrible luck in the past with the $20 back promos.[/QUOTE]Silver can be achieved easily, DS3 will be $40 w/i 30 days just look at the # of releases Feb/March, vote in the above link for instant RZ pts, tax is $3-$4 vs $10-$20 back via pm(I see you've had issues though)
make 1 trip into BB & do all your pre-orders($50 will cover 10 games) then order them online once u get all the $20 promos get a refund or move the $50 to cover your next 10 games.

[quote name='mattyg00013']This year the spring/summer lineup is huge so we should be seeing a lot of sales/price match opportunities.

Amazon is more convenient, but Best Buy is the better deal.[/QUOTE]perfectly stated

[quote name='YBX87']actually this deal is better for pc gamers, since bestbuy does not offer $20 to pc[/QUOTE]Vote here to chancge that
PC gamers
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Past-Due-Show-Love-for-PC-Gamers/idi-p/528964

[quote name='TwistedShade']Damn Amazon. Really wanted to wait for Crysis 3, to go down but that's to good of a deal to pass up. Too bad Bestbuy doesn't offer $20 for PC because I have no doubt this will go down within 90 days.[/QUOTE]Vote in the above link to get PC versions added to all GC/GCU promos going forward

[quote name='cigaro']I wish best buy 20 dollars promo applied to PC, but I had to go with the 360 version.

This is a good deal for amazon customers[/QUOTE]Vote in the above link to get PC versions added to all GC/GCU promos going forward

?
How long do the $20 credit offers show on AMZ? This could come in handy to get a day one $40 pm @ BB since they will just take the $20 off the $60. They may still "charge" me $20 for a BB giftcard but it's just like cash anyways.

I am not seeing the $20 credit with the PC Download or am I seeing it wrong? I guess it is worth it to get the $20. But digital downloads are more convenient.

Thanks OP! SimCity for $40 was too good to pass up. Now I just need to decide on Crysis 3, I might have to do it as well seeing as how it will never go on sale on Steam.

Thank you OP. I'm definitely going to cancel my Origin SimCity preorder and switch to Amazon.
Hmm.....I had convinced myself that I was going to avoid Crysis 3 at launch.:twoguns:

Preordered Crysis 3 and Army of Two. My bro is getting Dead Space 3. Crysis 3 coming with the original Crysis game is great since I've never played the series. Just gotta get Crysis 2 from a local used store.

I'm going to wait on Dead Space 3. I'm kinda hoping they'll release a trilogy collection sometime later in the year for around $40.

Hoping they'll also offer $20 credit with Tomb Raider, I feel like I'm the only one really excited for it.

Sweet I really hope it's a code being as I already have Crysis 1 bought and downloaded on my PS3. I wasn't going to get Crysis 3 at launch but hell a limited edition, 20 dollar credit, a preorder bonus weapon, and a digital code I can sell is a pretty damn good deal to me. Too bad it comes out the same day as the new Hakuoki game though now I can't use my 20 code on it But I had 27 dollars in pts and gift cards so I got them both with a filter for my cat water fountain for just 67 bucks. Game of Thrones Season 2 comes out that Tuesday as well, but I'm getting that from Best Buy if they have the exclusive packaging again.

I usually prefer Gamestop's pre-orders, but lately Amazon has been trashing them. Amazon has an artbook for Tomb Raider, they have the $20 credits.

The only thing Gamestop has on them right now is the Metal Gear Rising pre-order bonus.

I want DS3 but i see it being cheap fast from all the hate i see. I want the preorder bonus will it be for sale on dash later or be exclusive?

I have it preordered on newegg for 45 shipped as well but amazon i pay ny tax..

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I want DS3 but i see it being cheap fast from all the hate i see. I want the preorder bonus will it be for sale on dash later or be exclusive?

I have it preordered on newegg for 45 shipped as well but amazon i pay ny tax..[/QUOTE]

There are retailer exclusive bonuses (all it is, is just a single item- i.e. GameStop's exclusive is a gun), in addition to bonuses you get when pre-ordering by default. The vanilla bonuses for pre-ordering come inside the game package, as they come with the Limited Edition (you're guaranteed to get the LE if you pre-order). If it's anything like other EA LEs, you should be able to find it a few months after the game has been out.

[quote name='Tygamr']There are retailer exclusive bonuses (all it is, is just a single item- i.e. GameStop's exclusive is a gun), in addition to bonuses you get when pre-ordering by default. The vanilla bonuses for pre-ordering come inside the game package, as they come with the Limited Edition (you're guaranteed to get the LE if you pre-order). If it's anything like other EA LEs, you should be able to find it a few months after the game has been out.[/QUOTE]
I mean if amazon exclusive stuff will hit xbox marketplace later down the road. I want the tesla weapon and outfits but if i buy day one i prob get from newegg for 45 shipped. That $15 off long ago ruled and i mass preordered stuff just in case. I loved DS1 and paid ebay prices for all dlc and long after hit xbox market.

I'd probably jump in on Dead Space 3 if it were $50 + the bonus on PC. I've purchased both Dead Space games for less than $10.

I decided to leave my ds3 preorder on newegg for 45 shipped. Now i need a person that takes there time and checks everything and a good team player. If interested hit me up i stick with a game and hate switching between games. I am a chill gamer and in my 30's. I will be playing ds3 alot then i need people for aliens.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Any idea when amazon will send code for crisis 1 when preorder crysis 3??[/QUOTE]

A day or two after shipment

[quote name='teknomedic']^^ for weapon building, modding... whatever. Why not buy the game and NOT use the micro transaction part of the game? I know I won't.[/QUOTE]

A purchase for the game would go into their sales metrics which they would advertise within the company as "financial support" for the microtransaction system, as "silent approval" that consumers are ok with and want microtransactions in games.

Then they incrementally microtransaction their games to the point of the famous John R. hypothetical of the player 6 hours into Battlefield who will gladly pay a dollar to reload his ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

I work in the industry. I know what companies do to stroke themselves and proport their grubby ideas for making money.

No thanks.

[quote name='Psychonik']Is amazon down for anyone else?[/QUOTE]
It is responding kind of slow but I can still browse the site fine.

[quote name='Link2999']Did anyone else already get their Dead Space 3 Preorder bonus? I got mine in an email yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Mine hasn't shipped yet though.

[quote name='Link2999']Did anyone else already get their Dead Space 3 Preorder bonus? I got mine in an email yesterday.[/QUOTE]

yup got mine yesterday redeemed on the PS Store and downloaded it now for the game.

[quote name='jabronie185']When do the $20 credits expire?[/QUOTE]
I believe the credit usually lasts about a year from my past purchases.

[quote name='fac ownage']Why do you only get $20 for the physical PC version and not the download? How does this make any sense whatsoever?[/QUOTE]
I'm just guessing it costs more to store a physical product, so you they want to get rid of physical copies at discount.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone else still waiting on their Dead Space 3 DLC code from Amazon? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I got it seconds after my order confirmation

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone else still waiting on their Dead Space 3 DLC code from Amazon? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yep I am still waiting on that and the credit and DLC.

EDIT: Got it now! About 30 min after I made this post. Used it on Crysis 3 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually forgot they were doing the promo for dead space 3. Ended up doing it this morning while it still said $20 promotional credit with purchase, will I still get it?

bread's done
Back