Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, SimCity, Army of Two with $20 Credits @ Amazon

Still waiting on my codes. Anyone who was still waiting yesterday received theirs today?

EDIT: Just received both codes, in two separate emails @ 10:30 AM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot.

Price on order date: $59.99
Price charged at shipping: $59.99
Lowest price before release date: $59.96
Amount to be refunded: $0.03
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.03

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Mine will be delivered tonight, I received DLC code but how does 20 dollar off work? Is it a codeo r automatically applied to account?[/QUOTE]

It seems to be a code you enter while you are checking out, I'm not sure if you use it on something that's $18, for example, the code is then good for $2, or you forfeit the $2 and the coupon can't be used again.

Got Sim City, glad it works on both the retail and DL versions. Not that it matters but having to save 5-10 GB of downloading will be nice because my internet sucks.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Mine will be delivered tonight, I received DLC code but how does 20 dollar off work? Is it a codeo r automatically applied to account?[/QUOTE]

Amazon codes work as credit. Enter it at any time, and you will have that $20 until you spend it. You can buy a $10 item now, and use the remaining amount later, it does not matter.

[quote name='Alien Spider']It seems to be a code you enter while you are checking out, I'm not sure if you use it on something that's $18, for example, the code is then good for $2, or you forfeit the $2 and the coupon can't be used again.[/QUOTE]
I think that if you apply it to your account but don't use it all on that order, the remainder will automatically apply itself to your next order. I'm not a million percent sure about that though. Might be safer to just use the whole $20 at once if you can.

hoping for a deal for Bioshock and Last of US. I'm holding out on preordering until I have to (will go with Mircrosoft store for Bioshock if amazon doesn't match the 1600 points deal, or similar)

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hot.

Total Savings: $0.03[/QUOTE]
That's CAG-tastic!

I got my "enervator" dlc code, but still waiting on the 20.00 code.

I came here to find out info, so I might as well pile on the "didn't get it yet"

-Mike

P.s. I want it NOW so I can use it to buy Army of Two and get ANOTHER 20.00 code.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hot.

Total Savings: $0.03[/QUOTE]

Now if someone asks you for your two cents, you'll have two to spare! Who needs price-matching with amazon's awesome penny-saving specials?

[quote name='ashtonreeves']I did the pre-order. got the code for the gun. but I haven't received the credit yet.

should I wait or contact customer support?
[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd call.

Amazon CS told me I'd get my credit and code two days after the item shipped. It shipped two days ago (and got to me yesterday with FSSS, crazy), so hopefully I'll see it today. I preordered before the credit came about, so maybe that's the hold up?

After 3 days of waiting for my $20 credit, I emailed Amazon customer service. They emailed me back with an apology and the $20 credit. They need to get it together.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigsgg']After 3 days of waiting for my $20 credit, I emailed Amazon customer service. They emailed me back with an apology and the $20 credit. They need to get it together. smh...[/QUOTE]

Yes, cause you totally didn't get it. *rolls eyes* You kids and your "smh" usage.

I would call them too to know what is going on. I think you are unlucky because I received mine.
sig.jpg
:)

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Yes, cause you totally didn't get it. *rolls eyes* You kids and your "smh" usage.[/QUOTE]

That was kind of condescending for no apparent reason.

I felt that was ignorant and condescending of EdgeCrusher36 to say that as well. I cannot help but to shake my head when a company does not hold up its end of an offer. I am a customer who works hard for my money. I guess he is the kind of guy who lets companies deprive him of good customer service.

[quote name='bigsgg']I felt that was ignorant and condescending of EdgeCrusher36 to say that as well. I cannot help but to shake my head when a company does not hold up its end of an offer. I am a customer who works hard for my money. I guess he is the kind of guy who lets companies deprive him of good customer service.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Yes, cause you totally didn't get it. *rolls eyes* You kids and your "smh" usage.[/QUOTE]

Still SMH!

It pisses me off, too, when people game Amazon because their CS is so accommodating. That said: I still haven't gotten my codes, either, and it sounds like there are quite a few of us who didn't. I've also seen people posting on other sites that they received the DLC code even though they cancelled their preorder long ago. Amazon's marketing department screwed something up with this one, and assuming that people are taking advantage of Amazon with no proof is a bit much.

I don't have to defend my position on this, but I will anyway. It just seems like the tides here always flow towards "let's gang up on amazon for one mistake, when other sites mess up way more than they do." You got your code after emailing them, yet feel the need to express rage at the site. I can understand getting mad and all in a tizzy if you didn't get your code, but you got it. Big deal. I'm waiting on both NECA and Valve right now to answer an issue I had about not getting a code in package for my demo man figure, and it's been a week. Don't see me getting all pissed off and "smh"ing.

As far as people who have not got their code, call or chat monday and say its been more than 2 days since release and ask for a supervisor. You'll get it. Just pisses me off when people jump straight on the fuck Amazon bandwagon as of late, so if you weren't, sorry about that, but it sounded like it. About as annoying as people who think Amazon is entitled to give them a deal catered to them on gold box days.

And that's all I'm gonna say on it, continue the dog pile on me ;)

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']As far as people who have not got their code, call or chat monday and say its been more than 2 days since release and ask for a supervisor. [/QUOTE]

That's the problem right there. You are entitled (I know how some of you love to hate that filthy word) to your codes/credits within 2 days after your item ships like their terms state. You should not have to waste time contacting Amazon at all, they should be contacting you. If they fail to do that, it's ok to bitch about it as people are.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I don't have to defend my position on this, but I will anyway. It just seems like the tides here always flow towards "let's gang up on amazon for one mistake, when other sites mess up way more than they do." You got your code after emailing them, yet feel the need to express rage at the site. I can understand getting mad and all in a tizzy if you didn't get your code, but you got it. Big deal. I'm waiting on both NECA and Valve right now to answer an issue I had about not getting a code in package for my demo man figure, and it's been a week. Don't see me getting all pissed off and "smh"ing.

As far as people who have not got their code, call or chat monday and say its been more than 2 days since release and ask for a supervisor. You'll get it. Just pisses me off when people jump straight on the fuck Amazon bandwagon as of late, so if you weren't, sorry about that, but it sounded like it. About as annoying as people who think Amazon is entitled to give them a deal catered to them on gold box days.

And that's all I'm gonna say on it, continue the dog pile on me ;)[/QUOTE]

woof! woof!

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's the problem right there. You are entitled (I know how some of you love to hate that filthy word) to your codes/credits within 2 days after your item ships like their terms state. You should not have to waste time contacting Amazon at all, they should be contacting you. If they fail to do that, it's ok to bitch about it as people are.[/QUOTE]

You totally get my point. Well said!

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's the problem right there. You are entitled (I know how some of you love to hate that filthy word) to your codes/credits within 2 days after your item ships like their terms state. You should not have to waste time contacting Amazon at all, they should be contacting you. If they fail to do that, it's ok to bitch about it as people are.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are entitled to your code and you should get it.

That being said, mistakes happen and there's no need to be a bitch about it. It's not like amazon is gonna stiff anybody here.

Look, it's much easier to be civil and get what you want. Unfortunately, too many people's first inclination is to be an asshole because they think that's the best way to resolve a situation.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I don't have to defend my position on this, but I will anyway. It just seems like the tides here always flow towards "let's gang up on amazon for one mistake, when other sites mess up way more than they do." You got your code after emailing them, yet feel the need to express rage at the site. I can understand getting mad and all in a tizzy if you didn't get your code, but you got it. Big deal. I'm waiting on both NECA and Valve right now to answer an issue I had about not getting a code in package for my demo man figure, and it's been a week. Don't see me getting all pissed off and "smh"ing.

And that's all I'm gonna say on it, continue the dog pile on me ;)[/QUOTE]

Where's the rage? They all seem pretty calm to me. I think you are trying to drum up something that just isn't there.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Where's the rage? They all seem pretty calm to me. I think you are trying to drum up something that just isn't there.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you saw them, but a lot of posts were removed.

i still don't have my credit either.. amazon needs to get a better system.. atleast so it's easy to see what orders need credits and if they are pending or not..

it's sad that so many people didn't get their credits

Amazon CS sent me my DLC code today for DS3. They said it had been sent Sept. 7, but I never received it then. I got my $20 credit from CS as well - never saw that e-mail either. This one they applied as one of those hidden credits that takes effect on my next order.

Well, I finally broke down and preordered Crysis 3 for PC. I was hoping to wait for a discounted price up-front but it doesn't seem like EA ever does that with PC games. Twenty bucks in Amazon cash ain't too bad either though.

I was just planning on ordering Crysis 3. Do any CAGs know if PS3 or 360 is the better version? I can't afford a nice gaming PC. Thanks.

[quote name='simmias']Amazon CS sent me my DLC code today for DS3. They said it had been sent Sept. 7, but I never received it then. I got my $20 credit from CS as well - never saw that e-mail either. This one they applied as one of those hidden credits that takes effect on my next order.[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing happened to me.. They told me my credit was sent on (feb) 7th and that it must have went to my spam folder (it didn't).they resent the email to me. With so many people missing their credits amazon must have had some sort of email error on that day.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Exact same thing happened to me.. They told me my credit was sent on (feb) 7th and that it must have went to my spam folder (it didn't).they resent the email to me. With so many people missing their credits amazon must have had some sort of email error on that day.[/QUOTE]

I never recieved my credit either. I contacted CS but had to contact them three times because the emails they said they were resending I still was not getting. I finally got it a few hours later during the third call.

So I checked on here and saw I wasnt alone.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Oh snap amazon may be getting back into the $20 pre-order credit business. I remember when it was pretty much a standard offer with all new major releases. Pretty good for those who like amazon but I'm sticking with my BB pre-order.[/QUOTE]

They're just matching offers from B&M stores. In the past it was KMart and now it's Best Buy.

i purchased dead space 3 ps3 and dead space 3 xbox. I know I can only get 1 $20 credit, but am I able to get the tesla gun code for both systems or only for 1? I got the ps3 code but i'm not sure if i should bother calling and asking about the xbox code or not.

Is anyone else unable to preorder the Crysis 3 PC disk version? The Digital Download doesn't come with the $20 credit it seems so I'd get the disk version, but the only option I have available is to sign up for an alert when it becomes available.

bread's done
Back