Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

still waiting on someone to return with their success story, then I will head out. not worth the $2 in gas and wear on the car for a maybe.

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']I am literally looking at the coupon right now and there is no way they could legitimately deny anyone its use. The language is clear as to how the coupon must be used and there is no fine print to suggest they could deny you the game because it is technically “free.”

It is also interesting to note that Best Buy made this price adjustment knowing they had these coupons circulating so to deny their usage is nonsensical. If they actually deny this what they are effectively doing is nullifying their own coupon and forcing people to pay 19.99 instead of nabbing it for the 9.99 price previously available.

And bear in mind these are premium coupons. You either buy the magazine or you are an unlocked member.
My advice is to work your way up the food chain and if the general manage refuses either have him call corporate or call yourself because I would be shocked if the corporate office didn’t push this through.[/QUOTE]

You might even get lucky and they'll give you a $10 GC to offset the price difference the store isn't willing to give you. $10 > This game.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']So... like drag them over to the DVD section to get a boxset of that show, then over to the TV section and put in the DVD so they can watch the show? Then they'd go "Oh wow, well I guess since that happens we'll give you the deal this time?"[/QUOTE]

More like... unless a coupon clearly states otherwise it can't be deny, even if it makes something free or you're owned money or unless it's clearly stated in your store rules for coupons.

But yes, it would be a fine site to see somebody DRAG a manager over to show them...

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']I am literally looking at the coupon right now and there is no way they could legitimately deny anyone its use. The language is clear as to how the coupon must be used and there is no fine print to suggest they could deny you the game because it is technically “free.”

It is also interesting to note that Best Buy made this price adjustment knowing they had these coupons circulating so to deny their usage is nonsensical. If they actually deny this what they are effectively doing is nullifying their own coupon and forcing people to pay 19.99 instead of nabbing it for the 9.99 price previously available.

And bear in mind these are premium coupons. You either buy the magazine or you are an unlocked member.
My advice is to work your way up the food chain and if the general manage refuses either have him call corporate or call yourself because I would be shocked if the corporate office didn’t push this through.[/QUOTE]

I think we understand the wording but there is always a way for them to deny you.

I'll try to get it but if they don't let me, I'm not gonna raise a big stink about it. We're talking about a game that most people would consider shitty. For me, it's not worth the hassle to get a game that no one will want except during the nextworth target trade in deal if it ever comes again.

I'm going to go after work at 2PM....the workers at my BB are AWESOME and a half when it comes to these types of deals so if they deny me there it prob aint happening anywhere.

[quote name='chriscolbert']And also not to mention that it's not a SALE price.[/QUOTE]

I think this is key. They cannot even claim a sale...even though that should not be a valid reason. Well I guess I was going to trade today so I might as well pick this up.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me--this drops $10 the day after I use a coupon to get it for $9.99 for flipping to GS?

At least I've got another coupon; I'll just buy a :ps3: copy and a soda the next chance I get. :razz:

You guys are ridiculous. The game is $19.99, the coupon is for $20 off - not $19.99 off - so that means BB owes you a penny. Buying something else with it will not help make it work. It's completely up to manager discretion.

How exactly do I get a subscription to this magazine and still recieve an issue for free while I do it in store? Will they hand me one or do I take one up to the register with me when I tell them I want a subscription?

[quote name='whitereflection']You guys are ridiculous. The game is $19.99, the coupon is for $20 off - not $19.99 off - so that means BB owes you a penny. Buying something else with it will not help make it work. It's completely up to manager discretion.[/QUOTE]
Somebody needs a morning hug.

gonna try and pick this up along with another game to ease their pain. have a feeling the gaming supe will be alot happier to do a b1g1 free than watching me walk out of the store with a free game having bought nothing.

I used this coupon already, fuck !!!! Well I guess I could just tell my bestbuy that I didn't get my mag in yet. Just throw in a soda and the 1 cent difference is negated, free game :)

[quote name='steelcurtain11']How exactly do I get a subscription to this magazine and still recieve an issue for free while I do it in store? Will they hand me one or do I take one up to the register with me when I tell them I want a subscription?[/QUOTE]

You sign up for the "Unlocked" gamers club and they give you a current mag

[quote name='confoosious']I think we understand the wording but there is always a way for them to deny you.

I'll try to get it but if they don't let me, I'm not gonna raise a big stink about it. We're talking about a game that most people would consider shitty. For me, it's not worth the hassle to get a game that no one will want except during the nextworth target trade in deal if it ever comes again.[/QUOTE]

They’re a bit clunky but far from shitty.

Despite their flaws I’d say they are the closest thing to a contemporary Bushido Blade we currently have.

And while I’m certain some managers will try to deny the coupon they literally have no right to do so.

I’d also wager each and every refusal will nab you a gift card from corporate.

Good luck either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']I used this coupon already, fuck !!!! Well I guess I could just tell my bestbuy that I didn't get my mag in yet. Just throw in a soda and the 1 cent difference is negated, free game :)[/QUOTE]

No way to get a Price match?

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']They’re a bit clunky but far from shitty.

Despite their flaws I’d say they are the closest thing to a contemporary Bushido Blade we currently have.

And while I’m certain some managers will try to deny the coupon they literally have no right to do so.

I’d also wager each and every refusal will nab you a gift card from corporate.

Good luck either way.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really?? I don't know anything about this game, but I LOVED Bushido Blade on PS1. Sold!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']No way to get a Price match?[/QUOTE]
that's what I'm gonna attempt when I go in to look for Dirt 3 and Shadow of the Damned

[quote name='whitereflection']You guys are ridiculous. The game is $19.99, the coupon is for $20 off - not $19.99 off - so that means BB owes you a penny. Buying something else with it will not help make it work. It's completely up to manager discretion.[/QUOTE]

Is this right? Will the system itself not allow it to go through, even if the total amount is >0, requiring a manager's approval regardless?

In that case, I may as well not bother, lol.

Maybe you know something we don’t but I wasn’t aware that BB managers operated autonomously from the corporate fold.

It’s a company coupon dated for this month and corporate decided to lower the price of the game knowing these coupons existed.

That isn’t managerial discretion, that’s simply following standard operating procedure.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I used this coupon already, fuck !!!! Well I guess I could just tell my bestbuy that I didn't get my mag in yet. Just throw in a soda and the 1 cent difference is negated, free game :)[/QUOTE]

i hope u don't fuck it up by buyin more then 1 copy. i know your flipper kind lol. i was gonna try the union sq store later.

[quote name='LordVila']Success! Just walked out of Best Buy with Deadliest Warrior and Dragon Age 2 for $5.45 after tax.[/QUOTE]

So my soda idea would work then, sweet !

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Is this right? Will the system itself not allow it to go through, even if the total amount is >0, requiring a manager's approval regardless?

In that case, I may as well not bother, lol.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that's how it'll go. I've never worked for Best Buy, but if other retailers' POS systems are anything to go by, that's the way it is.

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']Maybe you know something we don’t but I wasn’t aware that BB managers operated autonomously from the corporate fold.

It’s a company coupon dated for this month and corporate decided to lower the price of the game knowing these coupons existed.

That isn’t managerial discretion, that’s simply following standard operating procedure.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wonder just what corporate is aware of.

Just got back from Best Buy. No questions asked, no override needed, just a "Wow! You're getting a really good deal today." Success.

Also, I did not have to buy anything else.

[quote name='technicalstylez']thought so. now for any success stories from people who don't want to buy anything at all. good luck with that.[/QUOTE]

did they need a overide?

[quote name='cancerman1120']No way to get a Price match?[/QUOTE]Whoa, that's a great idea! It's just like when PMing the $39.99 "sale" price for Max Payne 3...only the end result is a lot more cheaper. :)

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Just got back from Best Buy. No questions asked, no override needed, just a "Wow! You're getting a really good deal today." Success.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy something with the game ?

[quote name='ijustw1n']Sometimes I wonder just what corporate is aware of.[/QUOTE]

That’s a damn good question.

Either they knew and didn’t care (The game is probably cluttering up the aisles) or nobody was paying attention.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Somebody needs a morning hug.[/QUOTE]
In fairness, he's "correct" in that this is going to be up the managers discretion basically if you can do it -- since any cashier is going to call a manager over when they realize that you are using a 20 dollar coupon on a 19.99 game. Even though the "rules" say you can do this, it's not a guarantee at all that you will actually be able to do this.

I will need to dig up my magazine tonight, and maybe I'll try tomorrow.

It would be nice to know what these coupons ultimately are - you know - because if they are some kind of manufacturer coupon or something worked out withe the makers of the game, then BB is getting some kind of money back and that would at least make the argument that it's not hurting BB better. If the coupons function simply as a price drop or something for BB and they are eating the 20 bucks, then I can at least see how a manager would be concerned about this (even though they should just shut up and do what the coupon says).

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']That’s a damn good question.

Either they knew and didn’t care (The game is probably cluttering up the aisles) or nobody was paying attention.[/QUOTE]

If they are getting something back from the manufacturer than this is probably just a way to clear these out getting something for them, instead of clearancing them off at 4.99 leading up to black friday (and even then they won't move). My guess is they are getting something back on these coupons somehow, so managers that try to block this "free" deal are probably hurting BB more then they are helping.

I guess I'll go out on my lunch break and give it a whirl. I'll take my DAII coupon as well in case I need to buy something with it, but if RedFoxCommando could confirm whether he only picked up Deadliest Warrior that would be helpful.

EDIT: Looks like RedFoxCommando clarified. Thanks!

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'm going to use the coupon and ask for a penny back.[/QUOTE]

The only store that has an official coupon policy that gives you money back for coupons is Walmart and that's only for manufacturer coupons (I'm sure some local stores might do it, but all of the other major chains like Kmart, Target, etc., specifically exclude the "overage" payment back to you). I doubt BB even has a coupon policy, but if you actually try to get a penny back, after getting the game for free, then you are crazy.

But, yeah, if this was a manufacturer's coupon and this was WM, you would get the penny back. They cashier would fight you and it'd take about 25-30 minutes, but you'd eventually get that penny.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'm going to use the coupon and ask for a penny back.[/QUOTE]

I might do that too.

If I do it 100 times I can make a dollar profit!

Not to mention what I'll make trading in 100 copies of it back to Best Buy.

Flipper4life.

[quote name='Montymonster']Has anyone tried this in-store? This might be enough to convince me to finally pull the trigger and become and Unlocked member.[/QUOTE]wow of all the other great deals you past up but you'll now PAY $15 for a free game(psst if you're paying $15 to join it's no longer a free game) & you still missed out on all the other good deals.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']I asked if I can purchase a soda but no luck dis was at the Atlantic center ny store bummer[/QUOTE]that was you're mistake you should've just gotta the soda or gum from the jump don't make it so obvious.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']How exactly do I get a subscription to this magazine and still recieve an issue for free while I do it in store? Will they hand me one or do I take one up to the register with me when I tell them I want a subscription?[/QUOTE]it's all in the OP of the @gamer thread
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322272

[quote name='LordVila']Success! Just walked out of Best Buy with Deadliest Warrior and Dragon Age 2 for $5.45 after tax.[/QUOTE]exactly how it's done.

[quote name='confoosious']1.1 pennies. ask for reverse tax.[/QUOTE]
That is a great idea. After I rip 10 coupons out of their magazines, I'll get an extra penny back this way.

buying something super cheap along with the free game is the obvious way to go with this one. Most cashiers are likely to raise a stink if your total is zero or -$.01 and are likely to call over a manager who may or may not abide by the terms of the coupon. Just save yourself the headache, time and possible failure and buy a pack of gum or something too.

Join date is 2003 and you think this actually is not going to work? TIP, lookup Fairytale fights, Sodoku detectives, and a few others.

Wow you can always tell the newbs by the "no way can this be free" whenever a free or penny game deal come up. Newbs need to educate themselves about how retail works.

bread's done
Back