Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='DerClaw']The only store that has an official coupon policy that gives you money back for coupons is Walmart and that's only for manufacturer coupons (I'm sure some local stores might do it, but all of the other major chains like Kmart, Target, etc., specifically exclude the "overage" payment back to you). I doubt BB even has a coupon policy, but if you actually try to get a penny back, after getting the game for free, then you are crazy.

But, yeah, if this was a manufacturer's coupon and this was WM, you would get the penny back. They cashier would fight you and it'd take about 25-30 minutes, but you'd eventually get that penny.[/QUOTE]
LOL, that reminds of the time I clipped like 30 x $1 off powerade coupons at work and used them every time I went Wal-mart on 70 cent powerade bottles. It's funny how they reduced the coupon value most of the time, but a couple times they gave me money back.

[quote name='orangecrush']buying something super cheap along with the free game is the obvious way to go with this one. Most cashiers are likely to raise a stink if your total is zero or -$.01 and are likely to call over a manager who may or may not abide by the terms of the coupon. Just save yourself the headache, time and possible failure and buy a pack of gum or something too.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy sells gum?

Now I know where I'll always be going for all my gum and free Deadliest Warrior needs.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I wish bestbuy sold condoms as they would be perfect to buy along with a free deadlest warrior. I'm almost out of then so I could use more lol[/QUOTE]

Just make sure none of the female employees catch with you with that game.

Cashier:
"Would you like that in a bag, sir?"

Me:
"No thanks, I'm gonna go trade it back in, I can get $6.30 for this POS"

[quote name='strait edge follower']I wish bestbuy sold condoms as they would be perfect to buy along with a free deadlest warrior. I'm almost out of then so I could use more lol[/QUOTE]

Nobody believes you SEF :p

They should include at least one free in the case. Deadliest Warrior is all one needs to get in the mood. Anyone can be a Spartan in bed after playing it.

[quote name='Drakbak']

Cashier:
"Would you like that in a bag, sir?"

Me:
"No thanks, I'm gonna go trade it back in, I can get $6.30 for this POS"[/QUOTE]

just picked one up with dragon age II and operation condor on blu-ray for 12 bucks. i tried to use the coupon twice on deadliest warrior but she wouldn't budge. i was going to trade it in to gamestop for the tiered trade but now i guess i'll just keep it.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'm going to use the coupon and ask for a penny back.[/QUOTE]

You should give them 4 pennies and ask for a nickel back.

Picked up my free copy for :360: since it had 1080P supported while the :ps3: did not. I also bought my $5 copy of :ps3:Dragon Age 2 while there so I didn't have to purchase any filler item. Thanks for the heads up :applause:

[quote name='dino88']You should give them 4 pennies and ask for a nickel back.[/QUOTE]

I am just going to ask for the penny they can keep the game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Damn can't believe it's working. Guess I'll try tomorrow with my coupon (it's at home and I'm at work).[/QUOTE]

Each month, I pull the coupons and put them in my wallet for such an occasion but I'm a cheap ass so it may just be me.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Each month, I pull the coupons and put them in my wallet for such an occasion but I'm a cheap ass so it may just be me.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get ME2 right away with the coupon cuz they were out of stock, so I carried around that one just in case I was ever in a BB later in the month and stumbled across it.

Maybe I should get in the habit of just carrying them with me, the one's I'm actually interested in anyway.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I didn't get ME2 right away with the coupon cuz they were out of stock, so I carried around that one just in case I was ever in a BB later in the month and stumbled across it.

Maybe I should get in the habit of just carrying them with me, the one's I'm actually interested in anyway.[/QUOTE]

Just pull out the entire coupon page and leave it in your car. That's what I do.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Each month, I pull the coupons and put them in my wallet for such an occasion but I'm a cheap ass so it may just be me.[/QUOTE]

I do the exact same thing i have the coupons that i think i might use in my wallet.the ones im carrying with me are the SSX,Soul Calibur,and Deadliest Warrior coupons.

No you're not

[quote name='dino88']Just pull out the entire coupon page and leave it in your car. That's what I do.[/QUOTE]

Yep. My coupons are patently waiting in my arm rest.

Will try this out later, never had any interest in this game but if I can get it for free then why not? Thanks OP.

I wished your dad would have used them more often....haha just kidding you're alright.

I'll definitely try this later on in the week. We'll see what happens...I wonder if they'll adjust the price like they did with Kinect Sports later in the day or something. If they do, I won't be too upset.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']1 copy of deadliest warrior
2 disney universe guides
1 butterfinger

Out the door for $1.10

Two different free games in two days jackpot![/QUOTE]

What was the other game?

I don't get the mag, so is this from the issue currently in stores? What I'm getting at is if you were a non-subscriber could you just walk in and buy the mag as your filler item and then use the coupon for the game?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']What was the other game?[/QUOTE]

He may have a $5 coupon from that random BB email or something. Yesterday was $5 for kinect sports

Ok so I just won't in and grabbed two copies. Guy laughed and knew what I was doing. He said he had tried it out about 15 minutes ago and it worked. When he rang me up it was not working anymore. He tried one game per transaction, both games together and nothing worked. Finally needed a manager override to work. Got both games for free.

[quote name='sicvita']I don't get the mag, so is this from the issue currently in stores? What I'm getting at is if you were a non-subscriber could you just walk in and buy the mag as your filler item and then use the coupon for the game?[/QUOTE]

Sure but you don't need a 'filler item' I just went in with the coupon and got the game no questions asked just funny faces.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ok so I just won't in and grabbed two copies. Guy laughed and knew what I was doing. He said he had tried it out about 15 minutes ago and it worked. When he rang me up it was working anymore. He tried one game per transaction, both games together and nothing worked. Finally needed a manager override to work. Got both games for free.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the heads up. That was fast! Lol

[quote name='usagi']LOL, that reminds of the time I clipped like 30 x $1 off powerade coupons at work and used them every time I went Wal-mart on 70 cent powerade bottles. It's funny how they reduced the coupon value most of the time, but a couple times they gave me money back.[/QUOTE]

There are these little travel toothbrush things that I like for stuff when I'm going to be out of the house all day and feeling gross otherwise (like an all day concert or something like that where you are going to get all sweaty and gross outside) but they seem silly to pay for. They are 97 cents at WM and there are always 1 dollar coupons. As long as they don't give me crap about the coupon being more than the cost of the item, I let the cashier do whatever they want with the extra 3 cents. If they make a deal about it (and if I'm in an arguing mood) I make them give me the 3 cents.

Just picked one up on my lunch break. Grabbed one off the shelf and the cashier rung it up with my coupon no problem. Doesn't look like a great game but for free I can't complain.

The cashier did an override for me no problem. But is a free bad game better than no game? I guess we'll see when I finally get around to playing it.

[quote name='whoknows']Hey guys,

If I get it for free today and it goes on sale for less than $20 within 30 days can I get money back?[/QUOTE]

i think so but if it goes back up in price i think thats when you have to pay them for the free copy

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I did not want this game...but for free why not??[/QUOTE]

x100,000,000,000,000,000...

But, for free, I can't pass it up!

I have the mag subscription but they had me on digital, and I changed it to print but the next mag is coming in the mail. Don't think i have the email anymore. Is there any place to download?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ok so I just won't in and grabbed two copies. Guy laughed and knew what I was doing. He said he had tried it out about 15 minutes ago and it worked. When he rang me up it was not working anymore. He tried one game per transaction, both games together and nothing worked. Finally needed a manager override to work. Got both games for free.[/QUOTE]

Same Here. It would not work. I needed a manager override too. I feel bad for the BB employees that are going to be dealing with this bull all day. My store has 3 ps3 and 3 xbox deadliest warrior games on the shelf.

[quote name='cag1000']I have the mag subscription but they had me on digital, and I changed it to print but the next mag is coming in the mail. Don't think i have the email anymore. Is there any place to download?[/QUOTE]

If you tell them that in the store, they will probably just give you the current issue and let you use the coupon.

Damn it! I was at Best Buy last week to get Dragon Age 2 for $5, and figured why not get this game for $10. Not upset at the price (although I didn't play it yet) but hell, free is free! Waiting to see if anyone else in my situation is able to do a price adjustment to get it for free.

[quote name='strait edge follower']They fixed it already ? Wow lol. Does this mean that the coupon is offically useless or do you need to buy something with the game for it to work ?[/QUOTE]

It's fixed at my store. The manager override Was required. Might be ymmv now.

Typing from my phone

bread's done
Back