Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

I don't get what's fixed. If the coupon no longer works, isn't it now broken? The coupon is legit, nothing to fix. They should raise the price if they need to fix something. What if I wanted this game for the original $10 after coupon price? Now I'm screwed because Best Buy are morons? I mean, I am not worried over this game, just the principle of paying for a magazine subscription to get coupons, then Best Buy makes it so you can't use the coupons you are paying for. Pretty shitty. I'm still going to try my luck after work unless it's confirmed a memo went out denying this coupon.

[quote name='token2k6']well so much for my theory of getting it for $10 in case it was wiped out after 2 weeks of the coupons being out..haven't even opened the game yet..damn

edit: and if my memory serves me well, this will be the first free game since the gaming coupons they used to run, maybe the exact last free thing was the Nerf set for Wii[/QUOTE]

Xblades was also free... sadly, no one will take that piece of crap in for trade... :(

[quote name='sninh']i think so but if it goes back up in price i think thats when you have to pay them for the free copy[/QUOTE]

I'll have to watch the price then. I'd feel bad not paying them back the difference.

I can't remember what the rules are with these coupons. Is it possible to get two copies using one coupon? I thought I read somewhere a while back that said you could use one coupon on up to three copies or something. If so, I would gladly split the cost of the mag with a friend so we could both get a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='exceed19']Xblades was also free... sadly, no one will take that piece of crap in for trade... :([/QUOTE]

Hey man, it was free though. You can always try to play it, lol. Hell I'd play it.

Did you get a filler, 'foo? Also, no you can't get multiple copies with these coupons. The old pre-@Gamer coupons were sometimes worded to allow 3 copies/platform (like the aforementioned ones that got us the free games), but even with those, you would have to convince them to scan the coupon each time for each copy you were getting, and they were often reluctant to do that.

Now with these @Gamer coupons, if they were to scan them twice on two copies, they would apply, since the barcodes aren't unique, but that would be against the spirit of the program, since these aren't worded to allow for multiple copies.

Can't believe that my store is the only one in like a 50 mile radius that does not have this for Xbox or Playstation. And there is no way for me to do the ship to store and use the coupon... Is this a permanent price drop or a sale? I can probably make it to one of those other stores before the coupon expires.

My plan is to get 15-20 minutes of amusement out of this before I trade it back.

[quote name='exceed19']Xblades was also free... sadly, no one will take that piece of crap in for trade... :([/QUOTE]
Fairytale Fights was free as well

It didn't work for me. My gaming re pis cool so we tried:

RZ, Game, Coupon
Game, coupon, RZ
and neither gave him the option to apply package. Manager said they "won't give away a free game" and that the coupon was made for it when it was 39.99 MSRP and now since it is $19.99 permanent price drop is counts as "other offers".

[quote name='breakfuss']Some things, no matter how "cheap", just aren't worth the time, effort and gas, lol. Good luck to those who try, though.[/QUOTE]I thought it was well worth a 20 minute drive.

I am not a member of the BB program - so please forgive me as I am trying to understand all of the e-boners happening in this thread...

Can you use your $20 coupon toward ANY game? Or just this random game.

I assume any game - if so, this thread could be called Any $20 Game is FREE After You Give the Cashier a Coupon or something similar, no?

shot down. they said they couldn't take 20 off of 19.99. oh wellz. i even tried with kindle card and no go. ohwellz. picked up syndicate 22.25 preowned tho, so no big loss. manager override needed and she doesn't like me so no go. oh well.

I don't know if I should even bother going, last time they dropped the price on a game and it became virtually free with the @Gamer coupon the manager refused to honor it saying that he isn't allowed to give away the game for free, so I can't combine the @Gamer coupon with the sale price. Was a bunch of BS, but my Best Buy is super strict and rarely budges with anything... As I posted in a previous post, I had ordered in-stock pickup for Silent Hill: Downpour, one for PS3 and one for Xbox 360... They didn't want to let me pick up both games because it "was the same game", even though it clearly allowed me to add both games to my cart online and the fact that they are two completely separate systems... I can understand the, giving me shit about buying the same game for the same system twice, but if I am already going into the store why should I make my brother drive to the store as well to pick up a PS3 copy for himself?

[quote name='blinknot4']I am not a member of the BB program - so please forgive me as I am trying to understand all of the e-boners happening in this thread...

I assume any game - if so, this thread could be called Any $20 Game 3 is FREE After Coupon or something similar, no?[/QUOTE]NO. The coupon is for Deadliest Warrior only.

[quote name='blinknot4']I am not a member of the BB program - so please forgive me as I am trying to understand all of the e-boners happening in this thread...

I assume any game - if so, this thread could be called Any $20 Game is FREE After Coupon or something similar, no?[/QUOTE]

No, this coupon is geared specifically toward that game... Best Buy has a magazine called @Gamer and every month they release up to $1,000 worth of savings geared toward 6 specific items, in this case one of the six items being deadliest warrior.

Got denied, pre-ordered Halo 4. The gamer dude said "what did you think you where going to get the game for free?" I explained that I should because I pay for the coupons, he just laughed in my face. Oh well.

Mine wouldn't work with or without a filler. I ended up having to pay $0.99 because after tax it was $20.99 and the manager took $20 off like it was a manufacturer's coupon. I'll give them credit though, they were trying everything they could to make it work.

So I guess this coupon is worthless now. Either you got the game for $9.99 the past two weeks or free earlier today. Something else to complain to BB GC about.

i would definitely buy something else with this. buying it alone and expecting to walk out without paying anything is a ballsy move.

i guess it doesn't matter now since bestbuy nerfed this coupon.

It's very YMMV with Best Buy.

Stuff like these you either get Associates who will shut you down, to Associates who will go out of their way to talk to their managers... and get shut down. J/k, but not really.

I already have this game on Digital download anyway.

But Good Luck to those of you trying this out!

I assume any game - if so, this thread could be called Any $20 Game is FREE After You Give the Cashier a Coupon or something similar, no?[/QUOTE]
I guess you don't follow this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322272

I'm still going to try to get this game for free.
I have to pick up MP3 (I'm at least paying for something) as well as my online orders.
I'll pitch a fit to CS if they deny me my free game although most of the BB workers are pretty nice to me.

Although it's sad that most of them recognize my face.

You know it is currently 94 out and the wind is blowing about 25-35 mph...my car's AC went out last week...I think I am staying home.

Copy of my receipt from this morning.
Untitled.jpg

Mine required a manager override to get it to work. The check out girl told me someone earlier this morning checked out with no problem. I guess they fixed it to not auto work any longer. Also I pretty much had to explain it was not on sale because that was the first line they dropped on me. Then had to show them even if it was on sale it says clearly on that back that it would be taken from the sales price.

[quote name='Ghugrim']Mine required a manager override to get it to work. The check out girl told me someone earlier this morning checked out with no problem. I guess they fixed it to not auto work any longer. Also I pretty much had to explain it was not on sale because that was the first line they dropped on me. Then had to show them even if it was on sale it says clearly on that back that it would be taken from the sales price.[/QUOTE]

You know I am fine with them not wanting to give away free games. What I am not fine with is putting a coupon in the magazine that lasts till 7/14 and then completely negate that coupon with a price drop. In fact, you were better off at $30 since it would only cost you $10. Now hopefully most of you will get it for free but I hope this won't become a common thing. I could care less about this game but I don't want it to start happening for games I do want.

[quote name='Stimes']Got denied, pre-ordered Halo 4. The gamer dude said "what did you think you where going to get the game for free?" I explained that I should because I pay for the coupons, he just laughed in my face. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

There are SO many better outcomes that this scenario could have easily taken other than giving up and leaving. You're a paying customer with a valid coupon that you pay a monthly/yearly fee to receive.

At the very least you should have leveraged your Halo 4 Pre-order. No coupon, no pre-order. The next words after that should have been nothing less than: "Manager now, chucklepants".

I'm not saying to be a jerk about it, but everyone needs to learn very quickly to never take any grief from an employee. It's their job to act a certain way and it's your duty as a customer to call them out when they try to step out of those boundaries.

Wow... really wish I would have received my damn magazine in the first place... currently waiting the "possible" 3 week waiting period for them to send me a new one. Might just have to spend the $5 and buy a damn magazine in-store (first time I've had an issue with them, and it's frustrating)

[quote name='Kerig']There are SO many better outcomes that this scenario could have easily taken other than giving up and leaving. You're a paying customer with a valid coupon that you pay a monthly/yearly fee to receive.

At the very least you should have leveraged your Halo 4 Pre-order. No coupon, no pre-order. The next words after that should have been nothing less than: "Manager now, chucklepants".

I'm not saying to be a jerk about it, but everyone needs to learn very quickly to never take any grief from an employee. It's their job to act a certain way and it's your duty as a customer to call them out when they try to step out of those boundaries.[/QUOTE]

This.

It's one thing to be incompetent. Rudeness is not acceptable.

Cashier checked that coupon was valid but needed manager override who was very interested in this deal after the fact. Surely a whistleblower type. I'm sure it may have went smoother if I got something else but I had no credit, coupons and their snacks are beyond overpriced compare to other places.

$5 DA2
$10 Resistance 3
Free DW (depending on your store)
and possibility to use it on SSX and Soul Calibre (if it goes on sale)...I like this month better then last month that's for damn sure.

[quote name='blinknot4']Correct, lil' buddy.

I guess you don't follow this thread.[/QUOTE]
Was that a mod edit or your edit? I was just trying to help you out. You didn't have to be a smart@$$.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Cashier checked that coupon was valid but needed manager override who was very interested in this deal after the fact. Surely a whistleblower type. I'm sure it may have went smoother if I got something else but I had no credit, coupons and their snacks are beyond overpriced compare to other places.[/QUOTE]
I offered to get a stick of gum to try and make the transaction easier. Luckily the manager was cool and adjusted to the total to $0

Free game!

Got my free copy of DW, after I bought a pack of gum to bring the total amount over $0. At least the customer service guys were decent about it.

bread's done
Back