Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='inkcil']Man, I bought it for $10 a week ago but the girl at the register took my coupon. Usually they don't. At the time I didn't think it was a big deal. On that note, nyone know if a coupon from the same mag will work twice? Or will that get you "flagged" for banworthy behavior?[/QUOTE]
yeah the same coupon can be used twice (or even 50 times) its not a unique barcode

it took 3 managers arguing for 10 minutes but it finally worked. I held back the biggest shit eating grin the entire time. I did tell them to read the back where it said sale price, and that the game was probably so terrible corporate decided to give these to their loyal magazine toting members, for the sake of shelf space.

One of them goes into my restaurant so she liked me enough to convince the others to accept the deal, so I told her that her next drink was on me. Which is fine since she is a good tipper. I will upload a scan of the receipt in case anyone wants to bring it along for an attempt where they live.
deadliest-warrior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Game and a Dr. Pepper for $2.01. Thanks OP!! Manager wasn't too thrilled but hell, call corporate if you don't like it. Mistake is on them. $6 TIV with the 100% bonus btw.

I went over lunch to pick up my copy of the game and it required a manager override. The cashier just called the mgr over (I also needed them to price match the used copy of Borderlands to their website as it wasn't ringing up correctly either) and he did them both without any questions or issues. I watched what he typed in for his override reason and he typed in all caps "This coupon should take off the sale price."

It was a pleasant transaction all around, even if all it did was get me a free coaster. ;)

[quote name='LordVila']I'm kinda anxious to get home and try the game to see how bad it is.[/QUOTE]

If you aren't a hardcore fighting fan, it's fun enough. You can't treat it like a Street Fighter.

I went back to gaming and tried to purchase it. The Gaming Supervisor had to call over managers and explain to them that is should stack with sale prices. They read the coupon and agreed. So free Deadliest Warriors! Yay! To be fair though, I know most of the people who work there, and I think I am fairly well liked.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Just got my PS3 copy and the cute cashiers phone number so its an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

1-800-best-buy is not her real number.

Went to my best buy and practically made the game guy fall over.

Took in 10 games and got $175.

Then used the $20 off Deadliest Warrior and they manager came over and made it a Penny (.01).

Then used the $10 off a $29.99 or higher (got NBA 2k12) and that was $25 after, had a $10 reward coupon so made that $15. Then I got The Show 11, $20 off so it was $10 then used the $5 off coupon I had for the July promo.

So after all is said, still have $150+ and will use the online deals to get NCAA and Madden with the $10 online & $20 pick-up reward offers.

Man, such epic drama at my Best Buy over this.

Game is in fact 19.99. Coupon is for 20 bucks off (normal OR sale price).

Cashier tried for a good 5 minutes to get the coupon to take, but couldn't get it. Tried buying it with a soda to kick the total over 20 bucks, but still no dice. She ended up calling over a manager to look at it. He was dumbfounded, and brought it to the District Manager, who happened to be there overseeing something on the floor in the TV area.

No one could figure it out. They had me wait for another 5 or so minutes while in deliberation. I finally hear the DM raise his voice and say "See, they want to close this damned store because we're not making enough of a profit, but how can we when we're giving away fucking video games!?!?" Every employee's ears perked up when this happened.

Made a total scene out of it. The store manager came back and entered the coupon manually, but charged me a penny for it. I ended up buying the Coke as well, though I probably wouldn't have had to since they did charge me .01 for the game (which is probably what it's worth).

Also, +1 for having a ex-student who dropped out collecting shopping carts in the rain outside. All in all, a pleasant experience for me.

I fucking love summer break.

[quote name='Solder']Man, such epic drama at my Best Buy over this.

Game is in fact 19.99. Coupon is for 20 bucks off (normal OR sale price).

Cashier tried for a good 5 minutes to get the coupon to take, but couldn't get it. Tried buying it with a soda to kick the total over 20 bucks, but still no dice. She ended up calling over a manager to look at it. He was dumbfounded, and brought it to the District Manager, who happened to be there overseeing something on the floor in the TV area.

No one could figure it out. They had me wait for another 5 or so minutes while in deliberation. I finally hear the DM raise his voice and say "See, they want to close this damned store because we're not making enough of a profit, but how can we when we're giving away fucking video games!?!?" Every employee's ears perked up when this happened.

Made a total scene out of it. The store manager came back and entered the coupon manually, but charged me a penny for it. I ended up buying the Coke as well, though I probably wouldn't have had to since they did charge me .01 for the game (which is probably what it's worth).

Also, +1 for having a ex-student who dropped out collecting shopping carts in the rain outside. All in all, a pleasant experience for me.

I fucking love summer break.[/QUOTE]

Sounds fun.

Def YMMV.

Manager @ my store won't do it, I tried the gaming dept first, then customer service. Got denied coz of the 0.01 difference.

[quote name='admiralvic']Sounds fun, though I would have been a total ass and just traded the game back in (about 6.30). I would love to see the DM's reaction.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha, nah I'm actually mainly a fighting game player, and even though I know this will be a trainwreck, I'm down for having it.

[quote name='confoosious']1-800-best-buy is not her real number.[/QUOTE]

who knows who is on the end of that number

best buy number is 1 888 best buy :)

or maybe both?

Just played it. God awful game, plus it doesnt help that i get bored with even good fighting games to begin with.

Traded it to Gamestop for $9.90!

Straight to GS after I get this. Not interested in finding out if it's as HORRID as the YouTube gameplay vids make it look. $9 tiv for both versions.

[quote name='slidecage']LOL i got it and was told i was banned from using coupons

fuck you best buy[/QUOTE]
Did you get extra warranty for your free game?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Just played it. God awful game, plus it doesnt help that i get bored with even good fighting games to begin with.

Traded it to Gamestop for $9.90![/QUOTE]

Damn! I bet it was mere seconds! Was thinking about posting before I got off the phone with them, but I wanted to get dressed first! Lol!

[quote name='Namerson']You know it's a horrible game when you're debating to just go pick it up.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k Same thing I said when I they had that free Fairytale fights game. I didn't go that time, but I went this time because I had in-store pickup stuff to get there anyway and errands to run.

It's not a horrible game. It's basically Bushido Blade from the PS1 days. Just because it's a licensed game doesn't mean it's default horrible.

Anyway, I got it for free from my BB and I told them I understood if they wouldn't honor it, but the manager did for me anyways much to my surprise.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Quote: Originally Posted by Lyricsborn
Just got my PS3 copy and the cute cashiers phone number so its an awesome deal.
Deal of the year.[/QUOTE]

Only if she gives it up w/o the guy having to pay for dinner first, is it the deal of the year.

I wonder if the gaming department manager can do overrides? My store's gaming manager is the only cool guy in my store, for the most part, so I might have luck with him and try this when I get out of work afterall.

So i tried going to BBY. Coupon did not work but the game rep called a manager and do an override. She read the coupon over and over and said "so basically you'll get the game for free, huh?". She still did anyway but im not sure what she put in the override memo. I frequent the store and usually greet her when i see her doing rounds so i guess im good. hehe!

[quote name='Lordd_G']Only if she gives it up w/o the guy having to pay for dinner first, is it the deal of the year.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. We are some hardcore CAGs.

Got one. Coupon wouldn't work. Lady at the register was like "Hmm.. I don't know why it's not working! Oh well, I'll just mark it down!".

Just got one from my Best Buy. It did require an override, but the staff here have never caused my any trouble at all, great people at the store in Clarksville, Indiana. We also tried adding a candy bar but it didn't help. Override is the only way for it to work.

Apparently I was the first one at my BB to do it, cashier was a bit dumbfounded as to why it wouldn't work, gaming department guy came up and said to override it as that's the benefit of the magazine just in this case made it free. Bought a blu ray for 7.99 too so they didn't feel totally jipped

The front end manager tried pulling some stuff on me on how the coupon doesnt work on sale prices. I'm so glad that they changed the wording on the back.

[quote name='TooPoor']Any CAGs had any luck on the override in the LA area?[/QUOTE]

I got mine from Valencia store this morning - not exactly in LA, but I think it's close enough. :D

Man, this game is baaaaaaaaad (but totally fun for free)

Also, there are a lot of Avatar awards to unlock, making the deal possibly even sweeter.

Got back from getting mine in western WA. Picked it up for PS3 and an overpriced pack of gum. Just took some time, they didn't give me crap about it. Since it wasn't a "sale price", just a price drop, they eventually did an override. She told the cashier to print a receipt to staple to the coupon. I didn't get a receipt, but it was only $1.50, so it's ok.

[quote name='DerClaw']That dude that looks like weird al used to let me do anything but, yeah, if a manager gets called over it's torpedoed. I can't think of a store in St. Louis (maybe the one down in Fenton or Gravois Bluffs or whatever -- there is a guy there that can be reasoned with, but even he can be crazy at times).[/QUOTE]

As reported by others, the coupon is now doing nothing, but eventually a manager just made it free so I purchased a magazine, DA2, and this POS, used the random 5 dollar cert they sent out (figured that made re-buying the mag worth it so this doesn't get the axe put down on the "free" game by tomorrow) for $5.44.

This was at brentwood. One of the gamer guys tried to help, fortunately the manager was the semi-cute blonde girl and not the crazy guy and the gamer guy was not the hairlip Jr. detective (but he was actually walking in to start his shift as I was walking out, so YMMV for St. Louis CAGS trying to do this).

[quote name='Velo214']shot down. they said they couldn't take 20 off of 19.99. oh wellz. i even tried with kindle card and no go. ohwellz. picked up syndicate 22.25 preowned tho, so no big loss. manager override needed and she doesn't like me so no go. oh well.[/QUOTE]

i wonder why lol

Quick question, the ahcievments for this game is it just the two XBLA games? So it's got 200/200 (400 total) or is it handled differently. I couldn't find much info about it when looking on google.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']i wonder why lol[/QUOTE]

In fairness the manager he's talking about won't even PM stuff if you have the ad, and has said an awful lot of very insane things in the past so it's not like she blocked him just because she doesn't like him.

I was able to get mine to go through after a few sort of awkward minutes waiting for the manager to come over and figure out what was going on. One override later, it was cleared (the manager even said that the coupon should apply despite the fact the system wouldn't let it). I also picked up MLB The Show 11 used for $7 as well just in case (didn't want to be That Guy). Wasn't the only one doing this, either - a guy back in the games section was with his girlfriend and they had a stack of games they were using @Gamer coupons on and they were talking about DW in particular.

Got it on 360, there was only one PS3 copy left and I didn't want to deprive a PS3 owner of their chance to get it.

[quote name='TooPoor']Any CAGs had any luck on the override in the LA area?[/QUOTE]

Orange County here. Irvine store honored the coupon, but not until I was treated to a comedy show of the highest caliber. I usually handle all my transactions through the gaming dept; when the normals get involved, everything goes to shit.
"Oh this is for Xbox"
"It says Xbox/PS3 on the coupon"
"It's expired."
"Says it's good till 7/14, dude."
This guy scrunches up his face like he's taking his SAT. Brow furrowed, and in deep thought, he asks, "Why would we give $20.00 off a $19.99 game?"
"I think that's a question better asked of Mr. Best Buy."
Only my fierce determination to get something for nothing and see what it looks like for a ninja to fight Shaka Zulu allowed me to persevere in the face of this withering interrogation.

dang no go at the union sq bestbuy. manager said that this was actually suppose to be $60 and i was getting a better deal without using the coupon. I didn't want to waste anymore time arguing for a game dat i will probably play for 1 minute.

[quote name='stoned99']failed for me and was not offered an override. I plan on complaining to silver rewards department[/QUOTE]

I did this, along with complained about my store who kept trying to pass me off pre-owned games when I did in store pickup.. PS sent me a $45 reward certificate for my troubles, still a win in my book. Thanks OP

bread's done
Back