Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

[quote name='mrclutch']I just openned my 360 copy and their is a second copy of the game in the case in a white sleeve. Score![/QUOTE]Thats not a second game, IIRC its just a DVD with the TV episodes on it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thats not a second game, IIRC its just a DVD with the TV episodes on it.[/QUOTE]

Really? How many episodes? I would not mind that.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Really? How many episodes? I would not mind that.[/QUOTE]
Just looked and the back of the case says 6 full episodes

EDIT- Ok I opened my copy, that second disk is just TV episodes.

[quote name='mrclutch']I just openned my 360 copy and their is a second copy of the game in the case in a white sleeve. Score![/QUOTE]

I believe that is just the DVD. Unless you are the luckiest person ever.

I needed an override at the Parma store, and I guess I lucked out because I got a nice manager who agreed that I should get the game for free. She couldn't get anything to work, so she finally just put the total at $0.00 and said to have a nice day.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Wow... really wish I would have received my damn magazine in the first place... currently waiting the "possible" 3 week waiting period for them to send me a new one. Might just have to spend the $5 and buy a damn magazine in-store (first time I've had an issue with them, and it's frustrating)[/QUOTE]

Yup. I always get the magazine late. (Still haven't gotten mine either). I've complained many times on their site, twitter, and facebook but they don't care or do anything about it. I would have gladly bought the game for $10 last week... :roll:

[quote name='Velo214']shot down. they said they couldn't take 20 off of 19.99. oh wellz. i even tried with kindle card and no go. ohwellz. picked up syndicate 22.25 preowned tho, so no big loss. manager override needed and she doesn't like me so no go. oh well.[/QUOTE]
Crestwood? For having the best employees, they have the worst managers.

I'm thinking of going over to jimmyjohn's for lunch, so I might just buy a mag and give it a go at the Brentwood store.

I don't get why people keep saying this deal is dead. You just need a manager override because when I went to get the game the cash register system wouldn't allow the coupon to be applied. She just sent me over to costumer service where they did the manager override.

I do admit that the first cashier didn't want to go through with the transaction once she noticed the cash register system wouldn't allow it, but after a little persistence on my part, I got her to talk to her manager who then advised me to go over to costumer service. I'm also on the west coast, so I don't know why that one dude said west coast people were out of luck.

I might try mine when I get home. My only problem is I didn't get this months mag. Just signed up last month. Just got my welcome packet though.

Prolly too much hassle to get a coupon.

I got mine FREE COPY PS3 version today. The cashier scan my Reward Zone Card, DW game, and $20 off coupon. Hit the ENTER key and hit "YES" apply $20 off coupon knock down $0.00 :)

[quote name='DerClaw']Crestwood? For having the best employees, they have the worst managers.

I'm thinking of going over to jimmyjohn's for lunch, so I might just buy a mag and give it a go at the Brentwood store.[/QUOTE]

lol at thinking this shit will fly at Brentwood.

And fuck Crestwood, the manager is a total cunt.

well i guess if coupon is fixed or ymmv i won't worry about it.

anyone have any luck pricematching the new price and getting 9.99 back if you got it for 9.99?

all of crestwood's employee's are my buds. the managers like danielle dont care for me tho...

[quote name='ChaosLaw']lol at thinking this shit will fly at Brentwood.

And fuck Crestwood, the manager is a total cunt.[/QUOTE]
That dude that looks like weird al used to let me do anything but, yeah, if a manager gets called over it's torpedoed. I can't think of a store in St. Louis (maybe the one down in Fenton or Gravois Bluffs or whatever -- there is a guy there that can be reasoned with, but even he can be crazy at times).

[quote name='tylerh1701']My BB is generally full of dicks so I don't even know if it's worth trying here...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the managers at mine are the same. They give me a hard time about every coupon, even when it's legit, not free, etc. They are always trying to find a way to deny me for some reason. No idea why. Not even worth it to try for a game I probably won't play much anyway. And I have part 1 on XBLA so I might as well pass on this for now.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Worked for me. Just got the last 360 copy at my store in Illinois. No other purchase necessary. Free game is free.[/QUOTE]

Still had to override though, right, so nothing has changed in the system?

Gave them my RZ card, game, then coupon. Coupon rang up as $0 off and the game was $21.20 after tax. I told them...no it should be free. Their response was it is already 50% off so the coupon doesn't work. Told them "no...it's a price drop, this is the new MSRP, this isn't a sale and even if it was..." *flip coupon over* it says right here it works on sale prices. Eventually she said their manager agreed to do it. Not sure what the manager said since it was through their earpiece.

In the end I got the game for free, but overall I dislike the constant BS reasons they give because they won't do their job or dislike how corporate decided to do things. Take them up with them, not me.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thats not a second game, IIRC its just a DVD with the TV episodes on it.[/QUOTE]

I am an idiot. Thanks for setting me straight:)

[quote name='mightymek']Yeah, the managers at mine are the same. They give me a hard time about every coupon, even when it's legit, not free, etc. They are always trying to find a way to deny me for some reason. No idea why. Not even worth it to try for a game I probably won't play much anyway. And I have part 1 on XBLA so I might as well pass on this for now.

Still had to override though, right, so nothing has changed in the system?[/QUOTE]

Yes it required a manager override.

[quote name='lawdood']It's slidecage, so you never quite know one way or the other.[/QUOTE]

I know that's why I didn't ask him for the details.

I have to pick up my $5 Kinect Sports this evening anyway... so I'll give it a whirl (even though it's at a store I don't really like.. Liberty,MO... prefer my local of Independence, MO). I'll just buy a damn mag since I haven't received mine and also pick up a CE of SCV for $40, Deadliest Warrior for $0, and Dragon Age 2 for $5. I gotta get some Skylander junk for my kid too, so hopefully they won't throw a sh!t fit over the free game because I'll just walk out and leave my sh!t on the counter. :booty::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']LOL i got it and was told i was banned from using coupons

fuck you best buy[/QUOTE]

They are probably still upset at you for trying to scam them on the HP printer return... you know when you bought it at a sale price and you were demanding they refund you the MSRP.

In Mays Landing, New Jersey they have 2 copies of the PS3 version. I was in and out with the cashier just over riding the coupon. Always a good experience there with the coupons

i got this a week ago for the 29.99 - coupon = 9.99.........almost not worth the argument, at customer service. Anyone have any luck getting a refund? or is that pushing it.....I cant rebuy it, cause dont have another coupon. Im going in later this week to trade dirt 3 in, so might see who i get at the register, i got a couple that are cool, and a couple a Dbags as well, its luck of the draw. At least I got it for 10 I suppose.
Scratch that, knowing my luck, they would inadvertently return it then cant sell it back cause i got no coupon.....

looks like best buy is getting all my sales for 2012.

only to mention a few...
ac revelations
resistance 3
dragon age 2
gears of war 3
prototype 2
mass effect 3

+ all the preorders with gift cards

and now a FREE GAME?! :applause:

[quote name='mightymek']Yeah, the managers at mine are the same. They give me a hard time about every coupon, even when it's legit, not free, etc. They are always trying to find a way to deny me for some reason. No idea why. Not even worth it to try for a game I probably won't play much anyway. And I have part 1 on XBLA so I might as well pass on this for now.[/QUOTE]

Yup, they act like I'm stealing money from them personally when I get a good deal, it's really uncomfortable.

And trading in games is just as bad, they act like I'm putting them out by asking them to do the trade in for me. (I've only done two ever, I'm not the guy who brings in 100 games to trade in all at once.)

Anyways, Best Buy has had killer deals which is great, I just wish my BB crew was a little better.

Had to get a override but I still got one, I also got DA 2 and R3. Right before I walked out I saw a LOTR war in the north statue just sitting on a table with a $9.99 sticker on it. I did a little research and figured why not. I got Deadliest Warrior, dragon age, resistance, and this statue for $25.xx I'm happy.

I know, im unemployed at the moment, and not that i want to work there, but get annoyed when i see people in customer service jobs act like idiots or hassle customers, makes me think "why yes, I DO think i can do a better job!"

Truth.
Anyone who complains about best buys deals is out of their mind, but they still have some of the worst customer service in retail.

Man, I bought it for $10 a week ago but the girl at the register took my coupon. Usually they don't. At the time I didn't think it was a big deal. On that note, nyone know if a coupon from the same mag will work twice? Or will that get you "flagged" for banworthy behavior?

Couldn't get it to work at the Merrillville, IN location, even after buying the magazine and signing up for the Unlocked Club.

I'll try again tomorrow, though. Hopefully both stores near me have some left come tomorrow.

Thanks OP, contributers, and OP of the other $10 off coupon thread.

Just bought Dirt 3 Complete today for $12.14 after $10 off coupon and 20% off for buying 3 games with poweruppro. It's definitely converted because the disc, case, and manual are mint. The pre-owned sticker has a date of 6-16-12. Of course the VIP pass code has already been used.

I guess this game case has been sitting gutted on the shelf for a while. Someone snapped a cell phone pic of the code or an employee used it when it was converted. I'm glad I have a VIP code from the standard edition I bought on black friday. Hopefullly it works for the Complete Edition like someone said earlier. Hopefully the $7 base BB TIV holds too.

Totally off topic rant, but the lady at the store gave me a $2 refurb fee for trading in Wii sports because it didn't have coverart. I bought it at that exact gamestop store and it didn't have coverart. I had to throw away the generic black gamestop case it came in because it smelled so bad. She had me by the balls because I would lose my $10 bonus for trading in 3 games if I didn't trade Wii Sports. I'd also have to pay cash for Dirt 3 Complete instead of using credit. I said a few times that "it never came with a case." Whatever. Then she asks me repeatedly to preorder stuff. fuck that. I want the COD Black Ops 2 poster and prestige token, but I'm not giving her a preorder.

bread's done
Back