Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

It has both the original and the sequel on it. The games are nothing spectacular but they can be a hell of a lot of fun to play with friends. They are like the Bushido Blades but with better graphics...I don't know, I guess there's just something I find greatly appealing about edged weapon combat games where you can slice limbs off with the greatest of ease, one hit projectile kills (like the Viking IIRC throwing this long spear across the combat arena to start a match and take an opponent the fuck out) and having a drunken sailor tossing little bombs that do massive damage to his opponent and himself.

Here's a vid of finishing moves/"fatal blow fatalities":

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']wait a minute im looking at my xbox arcade games and looks like i purchased this already for like 400ms points during some sale. so is this the same game? it doesn't have ancient combat on the title is this a sequel?[/QUOTE]

Same games as XBL except on disc.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I pulled the trigger on this last week. I am considering return and rebuy, but I would have to buy a magazine for another coupon. I guess I would still net $5.[/QUOTE]
I have the exact same scenario. I was thinking of checking to see if they will just reapply the coupon for me w/o making me buy another one (I plan to tell them that they took the coupon from me last time)

[quote name='nixmahn']Join date is 2003 and you think this actually is not going to work? TIP, lookup Fairytale fights, Sodoku detectives, and a few others.

Wow you can always tell the newbs by the "no way can this be free" whenever a free or penny game deal come up. Newbs need to educate themselves about how retail works.[/QUOTE]
i tore up that fairy tale fights freebie a few years back

Stopped at bb in Whitehall pa grabbed a copy of dw and the show 11 used tried going to get rung out cashier said I wasn't able to use 2 cupona I explained it was for 2 diff items finally called manager over n said I could use the 2 cupons but woyldnt let me use the dw one stated that I wouldn't b able to use it at all if this is the case bc y would a game go back up in price? Still woyldnt so it told them to cancel the transaction n left not worth anymore arguing good for all u that got the deal prob wouldn't of played either game much but 2 games for 10$ was inticing yea well I never get these situations to work out for me better luck next time I guess

[quote name='mossismo']Stopped at bb in Whitehall pa grabbed a copy of dw and the show 11 used tried going to get rung out cashier said I wasn't able to use 2 cupona I explained it was for 2 diff items finally called manager over n said I could use the 2 cupons but woyldnt let me use the dw one stated that I wouldn't b able to use it at all if this is the case bc y would a game go back up in price? Still woyldnt so it told them to cancel the transaction n left not worth anymore arguing good for all u that got the deal prob wouldn't of played either game much but 2 games for 10$ was inticing yea well I never get these situations to work out for me better luck next time I guess[/QUOTE]
inenglishplease.jpg
[/URL]

No luck for me... Gaming guy was all for it, but the coupon just plain doesn't work on the $19.99 price. He had to get a manager to override, but the manager wouldn't do it. He said he could mark it back up to $29.99, then use the $20 coupon, but that's the only thing he could do. I said forget it I'll just keep my coupon.

Someone at Best Buy sure messed this up...

[quote name='DDustiNN']No luck for me... Gaming guy was all for it, but the coupon just plain doesn't work on the $19.99 price. He had to get a manager to override, but the manager wouldn't do it. He said he could mark it back up to $29.99, then use the $20 coupon, but that's the only thing he could do. I said forget it I'll just keep my coupon.

Someone at Best Buy sure messed this up...[/QUOTE]

Seriously, how hard is it to cross reference like 5 games against coupons each month to make sure you're not GIVING GAMES AWAY, lol. I'm sure it wasn't their intention.

[quote name='DDustiNN']No luck for me... Gaming guy was all for it, but the coupon just plain doesn't work on the $19.99 price. He had to get a manager to override, but the manager wouldn't do it. He said he could mark it back up to $29.99, then use the $20 coupon, but that's the only thing he could do. I said forget it I'll just keep my coupon.

Someone at Best Buy sure messed this up...[/QUOTE]

I believe it was a universal price drop... target and amazon has the game at $19.99. Other stores will follow-suit probably within the week or so. BBY probably didnt expect the price drop this soon for the game or they wouldnt have made th $20 off coupon.

Yea I'm posting from my phone and this is why I hardly ever do because all of you have to be assholes because of a few spelling errors

Sigh...I'm pretty sure by the time I get off work it would be gone, and I would have wasted $4 in gas and 30 minutes in traffic.

[quote name='mossismo']Stopped at bb in Whitehall pa grabbed a copy of dw and the show 11 used tried going to get rung out cashier said I wasn't able to use 2 cupona I explained it was for 2 diff items finally called manager over n said I could use the 2 cupons but woyldnt let me use the dw one stated that I wouldn't b able to use it at all if this is the case bc y would a game go back up in price? Still woyldnt so it told them to cancel the transaction n left not worth anymore arguing good for all u that got the deal prob wouldn't of played either game much but 2 games for 10$ was inticing yea well I never get these situations to work out for me better luck next time I guess[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']
inenglishplease.jpg
[/URL][/QUOTE]

It's very rare that I actually laugh out loud at a thread post. This one got me.

I am surprised, but I had success at my Best Buy. It wasn't as free as others, but it worked for me. I bought a pack of gum too because I felt odd without something else, but I paid $2.76 for the game and gum. The reason is because the manager took $20 off the bottom line as a MFG special coupon or something, so it didn't remove the tax from the game. I wasn't about to complain, still an amazing price. So I paid $1.20 in tax, plus $1.49+tax for a pack of gum. Either way, I'm happy I got in on the deal. I got it for PS3 btw since they were all out of Xbox.

Got my copy at lunch today for free with a quick manager's override. I wanted the 360 version, but they only had the PS3 one instead. Wanted to get the Avatar Awards, but will have to settle for a few episodes of the TV show.

[quote name='mossismo']Yea I'm posting from my phone and this is why I hardly ever do because all of you have to be assholes because of a few spelling errors[/QUOTE]

Not just spelling errors. There were quite a few run ons and other grammatical mistakes as well. CAG is perfection; flaws will not be tolerated. :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='brianace']Orange County here. Irvine store honored the coupon, but not until I was treated to a comedy show of the highest caliber. I usually handle all my transactions through the gaming dept; when the normals get involved, everything goes to shit.
"Oh this is for Xbox"
"It says Xbox/PS3 on the coupon"
"It's expired."
"Says it's good till 7/14, dude."
This guy scrunches up his face like he's taking his SAT. Brow furrowed, and in deep thought, he asks, "Why would we give $20.00 off a $19.99 game?"
"I think that's a question better asked of Mr. Best Buy."
Only my fierce determination to get something for nothing and see what it looks like for a ninja to fight Shaka Zulu allowed me to persevere in the face of this withering interrogation.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this guy really didn't want to give out this deal. I've met this guy before too. He pulls 10 different excuses out of his ass to try to stop you from getting the deal that everyone else is getting.

We have certain terms on CAG like "El Hoardo" and "Jr. Detective." We need a term for this guy you ran into today. We've all ran into him at one time or another. Something with "liar" in the title. The stuff he pulls from his ass is astounding. Maybe we should call this guy something like "Jr. Politician" :p

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wow, this guy really didn't want to give out this deal. I've met this guy before too. He pulls 10 different excuses out of his ass to try to stop you from getting the deal that everyone else is getting.

We have certain terms on CAG like "El Hoardo" and "Jr. Detective." We need a term for this guy you ran into today. We've all ran into him at one time or another.[/QUOTE]

The "Best Buy Employee" heh

Took the last copy of PS3 from my BB. It took a manager override, but it wasn't a big deal. He just said, "Nothing wrong with a free game." Didn't purchase anything else with it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']
We have certain terms on CAG like "El Hoardo" and "Jr. Detective." We need a term for this guy you ran into today. We've all ran into him at one time or another.[/QUOTE]

Stonewall Jackass?

Yeah, Im going to have to call this one YMMV. Went to my local store, and the coupon does not work (although coupons like this worked fine in the past). They called a supervisor over to make sure the game was right, then a manager over, who after a while finally gave up an said "I'll figure it out later" and just over-rided it because he was busy and he saw I was buying some other items as well (and probably didnt want to loose the whole sale).

[quote name='mightymek']I am surprised, but I had success at my Best Buy. It wasn't as free as others, but it worked for me. I bought a pack of gum too because I felt odd without something else, but I paid $2.76 for the game and gum. The reason is because the manager took $20 off the bottom line as a MFG special coupon or something, so it didn't remove the tax from the game. I wasn't about to complain, still an amazing price. So I paid $1.20 in tax, plus $1.49+tax for a pack of gum. Either way, I'm happy I got in on the deal. I got it for PS3 btw since they were all out of Xbox.[/QUOTE]
This will probably get completely ignored, but there are laws that vary by state regarding how coupons are treated. The general difference is pre-coupon tax state or post-coupon tax state. The post coupon tax states are the ones where you can use manufacturer coupons to do extreme couponing type stuff and get a truckload of stuff for "Free"

The pre-coupon tax states it's not as fun because you'd still pay tax on 20 bucks, which would end up being close to two dollars in some places.

HOWEVER most pre-coupon tax states still function as a post-coupon tax state when it's a store coupon, because it's basically a sale (i.e., if your 3D TV was originally 3000 bucks, and is clearanced to 1000 bucks, you only pay tax on 1000 bucks) -- though some states still tax at that rate, which is crazy.

Anyway, you are probably in a pre-coupon tax state that would have not taxed if the store coupon worked correctly, but since he called it a manufacturer coupon, you got taxed on the 20 dollars of coupon.

You can probably find it by googling something like
[your state] coupon tax "code of state regulations"

picked up a copy for PS3 at my BB, the cashier girl was kinda confused why there was a $20 off coupon for a $19.99 game, I just shrugged at her and kept silent, eventually the manager came over to override it, saying in order for her to do it she'd have to charge me a penny, I digged around in my pocket for a penny but the cashier girl told me she had a penny, whole thing took less than 2 minutes.

[quote name='Decker']Stonewall Jackass?[/QUOTE]

People who frequent the Blockbuster thread might like "Jr. Politician"

He does nothing but make shit up and try to stop everything from getting done.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']

We have certain terms on CAG like "El Hoardo" and "Jr. Detective." We need a term for this guy you ran into today. We've all ran into him at one time or another. Something with "liar" in the title. The stuff he pulls from his ass is astounding. Maybe we should call this guy something like "Jr. Politician" :p[/QUOTE]

General Stonewall McCockblock?

ill gladly try again tomorrow for $5 if that's legit. and i guess ill try to pm/returnrebuy my copy from last week. sucks some of us didnt get it free tho. oh wellz. ymmv ;)

Stopped in my BB in Tacoma, WA. Took the game and coupon to the register, cashier fiddled for a minute and called the manager. Manager looked at coupon, then looked at the game, entered in some numbers and handed me the game and a receipt. The only time taken was waiting for the manager to get up front.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']The "Best Buy Employee" heh[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Decker']Stonewall Jackass?[/QUOTE]

Heh, I was thinking "Game Nazi".

[quote name='mossismo']Yea I'm posting from my phone and this is why I hardly ever do because all of you have to be assholes because of a few spelling errors[/QUOTE]

Sorry man. It wasn't the spelling errors, grammatical errors, or abbreviations. I make those mistakes all the time. What made it funny was the sentence that lasted longer than the Iraq war. That sh!t never ended,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Just picked one up without issue in bloomingdale , IL. Manager required an override and neither him or the cashier had seen this today. One copy looked like it was left on the rack.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Sorry man. It wasn't the spelling errors, grammatical errors, or abbreviations. I make those mistakes all the time. What made it funny was the sentence that lasted longer than the Iraq war. That sh!t never ended,[/QUOTE]

not sure if the comma to end that sentence was intentional but awesome.

[quote name='karkyco']Heh, I was thinking "Game Nazi".[/QUOTE]

I like this one.

[quote name='brianace']General Stonewall McCockblock?[/QUOTE]

I've got it. General Stonewall McCAGcockblock McHitler.

That one will be easy enough for everyone to remember.

Just came back from BB in NY and got it free after a manager's override. Then traded it and SSF4 for $18.90. The only problem I had was getting my extra 10% it took them like 10 mins for me to get it.

I purchased a magazine, and tried to get them to use the DA2 coupon and one of each console's DW. My friend did the same thing as well, only to have the manager start yelling about how the coupons werent usable and how we were scamming them. To his disdain he overrode the transaction down to a penny, claiming that he could not charge me nothing for a game. So it was 5.25 for just the xbox versions of both games, and I was refused to get the other copy because the manager was claiming that the coupon was only good on the 360 ones despite what is obviously denoted on the coupon.

To spite this asshole, friend #2 walks back into the store after we left and finds a copy of DW. She uses the coupon and hands the dude a penny after laughing at him about how he had to use the coupon while he continues to freak out.

It was worth the five bucks just to watch the manager sweat so much.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I like this one.

I've got it. General Stonewall McCAGcockblock McHitler.

That one will be easy enough for everyone to remember.[/QUOTE]

I like it, but it's a tad long, no?

How about we call them by the acronym GSMM (General Stonewall McCAGcockblock McHitler) for short, pronounced "jism".

Got myself a copy, manager didnt care he scanned the coupon and said you got a great deal and i walked out with a free game.But after playing it for 10min i got bored and i dont think ill play it again.

[quote name='karkyco']I like it, but it's a tad long, no?

How about we call them by the acronym GSMM (General Stonewall McCAGcockblock McHitler) for short, pronounced "jism".[/QUOTE]

^This is why I love the internet sometimes.

[quote name='girfreak']I purchased a magazine, and tried to get them to use the DA2 coupon and one of each console's DW. My friend did the same thing as well, only to have the manager start yelling about how the coupons werent usable and how we were scamming them. To his disdain he overrode the transaction down to a penny, claiming that he could not charge me nothing for a game. So it was 5.25 for just the xbox versions of both games, and I was refused to get the other copy because the manager was claiming that the coupon was only good on the 360 ones despite what is obviously denoted on the coupon.

To spite this asshole, friend #2 walks back into the store after we left and finds a copy of DW. She uses the coupon and hands the dude a penny after laughing at him about how he had to use the coupon while he continues to freak out.

It was worth the five bucks just to watch the manager sweat so much.[/QUOTE]

you know, just cause he was an asshole doesn't mean you have to be one too?

I was able to get it for free. They had to call over a manager though. Hey checked with some inter-company bulletin about the deal, came back and said it was okay, but that tomorrow the price of the game was going up to $25, so with the coupon it will be $5. I overheard one rep talking with another and they mentioned that this game was a loss leader and they were trying to get it out of the store.

But I have to say, I enjoy these games. I have both DLC game with add-ons. I havent played the second one yet, but the first one is this generations Bushido Blade, it is very good (when you play with friends, single player isn't as good).

bread's done
Back