DEAL OVER LOCK THREAD!

Well Fighter Within dropped to $8. I already opened mine so can't return it. Well, here's to hoping it goes back up in the coming weeks. Not worth selling on eBay.

Well Fighter Within dropped to $8. I already opened mine so can't return it. Well, here's to hoping it goes back up in the coming weeks. Not worth selling on eBay.
I'm worried they're gonna catch on an change something... Didn't have time to go to both Target and Best Buy tonight, so let's hope this is still good to go in the morning.

Just bought ghosts had it PM to amazon for 34.45 and after the 35% discount paid only 24 bucks. Thanks OP.

Edit: just saw that amazon has raised the price back to 39.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't tell me what to do. The OP doesn't say anything about price matching.
Watch the sass there bukko.

He did not say OP, he said thread. A quick cursory glance would have shown that everyone was PMing it, not to mention the link clearly states "Online Price."

I really enjoy seeing all these people who bought multiple copies of Fighter Within, opened it, only to realize the TIV tanked. Now you all are stuck with them! Serves you right to try and take advantage. How's that feel?

I might make a trip to Target to grab Ghosts today for 26ish or whatever the cost is. I planned on going yesterday but got home a little late and didn't feel like making the trip and losing my parking space.

Looks like the value is still holding today and will until at least tomorrow.

Gotta accumulate the $ in order to buy Yoshi 3DS XL!

I really enjoy seeing all these people who bought multiple copies of Fighter Within, opened it, only to realize the TIV tanked. Now you all are stuck with them! Serves you right to try and take advantage. How's that feel?

I might make a trip to Target to grab Ghosts today for 26ish or whatever the cost is. I planned on going yesterday but got home a little late and didn't feel like making the trip and losing my parking space.

Isn't doing this Target thing the same thing? Also I will laugh when you go to trade it tomorrow, since most people have read online the TIV will tank tonight as the Titanfall deal will end.

Isn't doing this Target thing the same thing? Also I will laugh when you go to trade it tomorrow, since most people have read online the TIV will tank tonight as the Titanfall deal will end.
Not really. I'm not being greedy. I'm buying one copy, plain and simple. Where people bought multiple copies of Fighter Within to flip. That's what happens.

And I'm not trading it tomorrow. I'm trading it tonight so I am safe! If you understand retail, back-end systems and how feeds trickle down to POS, then you know that today is still a safe day to do the trade in. Backend systems don't push the feeds over to the POS in real-time. When BB does a price change on the back-end, it creates an article table and that pushes over usually at a specific time. Sometime early in the AM. That's exactly why the price didn't change yesterday for Fighter Within until early this morning.

Rule of thumb. When people are abusing the system one day 1, you can guarantee the price will be adjusted the following day! Anyone that ordered copies that had to ship out to them are playing with fire and those who order multiple, multiple copies deserved to get burned!

Don't tell me what to do.
4460674+_a65e157066e16c1f67a79527f8748e44.jpg

Feels average. Been deal hunting long enough to know these things happen. No need to get mad over it but it is funny seeing people like you go on their pedestal as if they are better than others when you're doing the exact same thing. Get over yourself.

The TIV for Fighter Within changed last night not this morning.

Rule of thumb. When people are abusing the system one day 1, you can guarantee the price will be adjusted the following day! Anyone that ordered copies that had to ship out to them are playing with fire and those who order multiple, multiple copies deserved to get burned!
People have been trading in CoD: Ghost like crazy for 2 days, the TIV hasn't dropped nor was it removed from the TitanFall deal like Fighter Within was.

Anyways, just called my local Target's and they are all sold out of CoD: Ghost X1. Expected.

Feels average. Been deal hunting long enough to know these things happen. No need to get mad over it but it is funny seeing people like you go on their pedestal as if they are better than others when you're doing the exact same thing. Get over yourself.

And the TIV for Fighter Within changed last night not this morning.

Anyways, just called my local Target's and they are all sold out of CoD: Ghost X1. That was quick.
I'm not mad. As you can see from my previous post, "I enjoy". Just saying.

I'm not doing the same exact thing. Doing the same exact thing would be me buying multiple copies with the hopes that I can take advantage of the system in a specific time period. I'm doing neither. I'm not buying multiple copies of anything, I'm not taking advantage, if Best Buy saw it as taking advantage they would have also tanked COD Ghosts last night/this morning as well. That's not the case. So there really is nothing to get over.

Whatever the case may be, did you even read my post!?!? Regardless if the price changed at midnight or 1am, the back-end system pushes over the article table at a specific time every night. That's my point!

You're safe today for the current trade in values until the feed pushes over to POS late tonight/early morning.

I just checked the website and it still says "$22.50" on my end. Side tracking the topic, have you tried the game?

I'm not doing the same exact thing. Doing the same exact thing would be me buying multiple copies with the hopes that I can take advantage of the system in a specific time period. I'm doing neither. I'm not buying multiple copies of anything, I'm not taking advantage, if Best Buy saw it as taking advantage they would have also tanked COD Ghosts last night/this morning as well. That's not the case. So there really is nothing to get over.

Whatever the case may be, did you even read my post!?!? Regardless if the price changed at midnight or 1am, the back-end system pushes over the article table at a specific time every night. That's my point!

You're safe today for the current trade in values until the feed pushes over to POS late tonight/early morning.
I did read it. You said it changed this morning, it didn't. It changed last night while stores were still open.

And the only reason BB isn't tanking CoD is b/c it's the main trade in game for the promotion. Getting rid of it wouldn't make much sense since more people will trade in CoD than any other game. I'm sure they see people taking advantage of it just like any other trade in especially when Target's are going OOS on the Xbox One version of the game but no other version. Expect the TIV to drop to below $10 for the X1 tomorrow after the promotion is over.

I just checked the website and it still says "$22.50" on my end. Side tracking the topic, have you tried the game?
It's $8. May be regional but I doubt it. The system will ring up $8 though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=7013174312971487018&id=pcat17097&searchCatId=pcat17097&type=page&st=Fighter+Within&cp=1&nrp=20&sp=buyprice%3Adesc&sc=gameToySP&newsearch=newsearch&platform=

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/funcCheck.cfm?SKU=2977281&UPC=799007837138&itemID=11786&category=Video%20Games

Just called my local store and they confirmed it's only $8.

I did read it. You said it changed this morning, it didn't. It changed last night while stores were still open.
There's a thing called time zones. What's the morning for some is the prior evening for others. :shock:

And again, who gives a crap when the prices actually changes. The point is that there is a specific time when the backend system feeds over to the POS. You're completely dense that it's laughable.

If I said that a guy wearing blue jeans, driving a car just crashed into the tree, you would be the one to argue that he was wearing khaki pants!

Listen, in the end, at the current moment, you're stuck with multiple copies of a game that tanked in TIV. Have a lovely day! :D

There's a thing called time zones. What's the morning for some is the prior evening for others. :shock:

And again, who gives a crap when the prices actually changes. The point is that there is a specific time when the backend system feeds over to the POS. You're completely dense that it's laughable.

If I said that a guy wearing blue jeans, driving a car just crashed into the tree, you would be the one to argue that he was wearing khaki pants!

Listen, in the end, at the current moment, you're stuck with multiple copies of a game that tanked in TIV. Have a lovely day! :D
Obviously. And obviously you care.

I'm just stating that it didn't change this morning and changed in store. For me it changed on 8PM and stores here close at 11PM. Not sure why you're getting angry.

And I just returned both copies to Target for full credit.

Flipping 1 or flipping many, its still flipping. It's fine with me and some others but don't be a hypocrite about it.

Obviously. And obviously you care.

I'm just stating that it didn't change this morning and changed in store. For me it changed on 8PM and stores here close at 11PM. Not sure why you're getting angry.

And I just returned both copies to Target for full credit.
I honestly don't think you have anything in common with "Obviously" :)

It doesn't matter when it changed. It could have changed at 5pm. That's totally fine. Again, the point is, the system pushes over a feed, regardless of what time that is. And I highly doubt the feed pushed over at 8PM as many were saying it was still showing 22.50 online in the AM.

You returned both opened copies to Target for a full credit? Sure you did. Post the receipt. I'll happily believe it when I see it.

I honestly don't think you have anything in common with "Obviously" :)

It doesn't matter when it changed. It could have changed at 5pm. That's totally fine. Again, the point is, the system pushes over a feed, regardless of what time that is. And I highly doubt the feed pushed over at 8PM as many were saying it was still showing 22.50 online in the AM.

You returned both opened copies to Target for a full credit? Sure you did. Post the receipt. I'll happily believe it when I see it.
See now you're changing your story. First it's in the morning (over night) and now it's whenever they please. :rofl:

And yes, just returned both copies. Helps when the seal was still on both of them. CS didn't even care and gave me my money back. Post a receipt of my return... dude, you have issues. Believe it or not, returned successfully. On to the next trade in deal.

No trouble at Target. I bought 3 copies, which is the limit stated in the Best Buy trade-in FAQ. They did the online price match and scanned the cartwheel barcode from my phone. If you can just get them to scan it and not ask about it, it should go through.

However Best Buy refused to take a single copy and turned me away. My local store's policy is to only take 1 copy of the same game per month. Also because I brought them in shrink wrapped they would not allow me to even trade in one. Not even after I offered to remove the shrink wrap for them. So be careful how you play this.

From the FAQ(http://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics-promotions/regularcatpcmcat257100050022/pcmcat257100050022.c?id=pcmcat257100050022):

Please note that we reserve the right to refuse any trade-in, or limit quantities, for any reason. Product limits are subject to change at any time. There may be additional product limits associated with promotions.

No trouble at Target. I bought 3 copies, which is the limit stated in the Best Buy trade-in FAQ. They did the online price match and scanned the cartwheel barcode from my phone. If you can just get them to scan it and not ask about it, it should go through.

However Best Buy refused to take a single copy and turned me away. My local store's policy is to only take 1 copy of the same game per month. Also because I brought them in shrink wrapped they would not allow me to even trade in one. Not even after I offered to remove the shrink wrap for them. So be careful how you play this.

From the FAQ(http://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics-promotions/regularcatpcmcat257100050022/pcmcat257100050022.c?id=pcmcat257100050022):
Please note that we reserve the right to refuse any trade-in, or limit quantities, for any reason. Product limits are subject to change at any time. There may be additional product limits associated with promotions.
You need to remove shrink wrap before you trade in to pretty much anywhere (except amazon). They say it is because a shrink wrapped game might be stolen (but somehow a game without shrink wrap is magically transformed, I never understood the rule, but it is standard).

Everything went smoothly for me at Target. The guy in electronics actually price matched it for me and then took my Cartwheel. Made it out the door with CoD:G for about $19.xx.

I only ran into a problem at Best Buy. Apparently, their system is down and they told me to check back in tomorrow. The rep told me to ask for the manager and that they would honor the $45 TiV. I wound up getting the Dark Souls 2 Black Armor Edition without having to pre-order it.

See now you're changing your story. First it's in the morning (over night) and now it's whenever they please. :rofl:

And yes, just returned both copies. Helps when the seal was still on both of them. CS didn't even care and gave me my money back. Post a receipt of my return... dude, you have issues. Believe it or not, returned successfully. On to the next trade in deal.
Here you go. Since you complaint has nothing to do with my point I'm going to humor you since it looks like you need it as you barely have anything to grasp onto.

"If you understand retail, back-end systems and how feeds trickle down to POS, then you know that today is still a safe day to do the trade in. Backend systems don't push the feeds over to the POS in real-time. When BB does a price change on the back-end, it creates an article table and that pushes over usually at a specific time. At 8PM. That's exactly why the price didn't change yesterday for Fighter Within until 8PM."

Happy? I switched out "early morning" with "8PM." Again, I could put 5PM, 7PM or 6AM and that wouldn't matter as my point is backend systems do not push over to POS in real-time.

And no you didn't return both copies. You got burned and you know it! This is the part where I slap my knee!

Here you go. Since you complaint has nothing to do with my point I'm going to humor you since it looks like you need it as you barely have anything to grasp onto.

"If you understand retail, back-end systems and how feeds trickle down to POS, then you know that today is still a safe day to do the trade in. Backend systems don't push the feeds over to the POS in real-time. When BB does a price change on the back-end, it creates an article table and that pushes over usually at a specific time. At 8PM. That's exactly why the price didn't change yesterday for Fighter Within until 8PM."

Happy? I switched out "early morning" with "8PM." Again, I could put 5PM, 7PM or 6AM and that wouldn't matter as my point is backend systems do not push over to POS in real-time.

And no you didn't return both copies. You got burned and you know it! This is the part where I slap my knee!
I understand your point. You don't understand that I am simply saying it changed last night... not this morning. Nothing more nothing less. Also, if you trade the game into Walmart you get Gamestop gift cards.

And I did return it. Not that it matters to you. Glad I got my money back. Also just got back from my post office and picked up my Staples order. $35 for 11 24pk 16.4oz water bottles.

10003083_585441091550255_275393969_n.jpg

Always remove shrink wrap and just go later when a new shift is on

You need to remove shrink wrap before you trade in to pretty much anywhere (except amazon). They say it is because a shrink wrapped game might be stolen (but somehow a game without shrink wrap is magically transformed, I never understood the rule, but it is standard).
I see - I don't normally trade in games unless the value is higher than what I can sell it for. Live and learn I guess. The last time I traded in a shrink wrapped game they just let me unwrap it. In any case, I'm glad I walked away with nothing instead of 2 copies I couldn't return.

I understand your point. You don't understand that I am simply saying it changed last night... not this morning. Nothing more nothing less. Also, if you trade the game into Walmart you get Gamestop gift cards.

And I did return it. Not that it matters to you. Glad I got my money back. Also just got back from my post office and picked up my Staples order. $35 for 11 24pk 16.4oz water bottles.
Oh I understood your point from your first post, hence me saying it doesn't matter if it switched at 8pm or 5pm. If I was so inclined to not factor that in as a possibility I would have said THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, IT COULDN'T HAVE! But since that's not the case..... I apologize for you if you couldn't see that or understand that.

Nice tip, I don't have a Walmart around me and I didn't stuck with multiple copies so I don't have to resort to that luckily.

And you say you returned it, and I know you didn't. What's more important?

Have fun with your water. I get mine free or close to it from the tap.

Flipping 1 or flipping many, its still flipping. It's fine with me and some others but don't be a hypocrite about it.
If you're going to pipe in at least know what is going on so you don't make yourself look like a complete fool. Unless that's your objective, then carry on.

Flipping 1 or flipping many was never part of the conversation. It was buying multiples of something and taking advantage only to have it backfire and get burned big time...

Oh I understood your point from your first post, hence me saying it doesn't matter if it switched at 8pm or 5pm. If I was so inclined to not factor that in as a possibility I would have said THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, IT COULDN'T HAVE! But since that's not the case..... I apologize for you if you couldn't see that or understand that.

Nice tip, I don't have a Walmart around me and I didn't stuck with multiple copies so I don't have to resort to that luckily.

And you say you returned it, and I know you didn't. What's more important?

Have fun with your water. I get mine free or close to it from the tap.
I did say it didn't matter... Again, and again, and again. Just stating what happened. You get angry easily.

Also, trade in some games to Kroger for double points this weekend. Also can be used to buy dollartree gift cards that can be used this week for 50% off gift cards so you can stack up on Amazon cards. :fridge:

Some of us don't like tap water... And you still pay for water regardless of where it comes from.

I did say it didn't matter... Again, and again, and again. Just stating what happened. You get angry easily.

Also, trade in some games to Kroger for double points this weekend. Also can be used to buy dollartree gift cards that can be used this week for 50% off gift cards so you can stack up on Amazon cards. :fridge:

Some of us don't like tap water... And you still pay for water regardless of where it comes from.
Good, now that you finally agree with me.... Let's move on.

You're right, we still pay for water. Echo Echo Echo.

So do us all a favor. Post that receipt that you are so cleverly lying about. Let's see how you magically returned two unshrinkwrapped games to target. Show this entire thread of people that I'm wrong and you were able to defy all odds of returning an unshrinkwapped game. Do it. Do it.

Ok just called my Bestbuy to make sure before I go, and the lady on the phone told me straight up that if its 22.50 it will come up to 45, so I shouldnt have an issue flipping it, so their systems def not down. 

Aren't you doing the same thing? One is okay but 2+ isn't? Are you from a town called hypocrisy?

bread's done
Back