DEAL OVER LOCK THREAD!

Good, now that you finally agree with me.... Let's move on.

You're right, we still pay for water. Echo Echo Echo.

So do us all a favor. Post that receipt that you are so cleverly lying about. Let's see how you magically returned two unshrinkwrapped games to target. Show this entire thread of people that I'm wrong and you were able to defy all odds of returning an unshrinkwapped game. Do it. Do it.
I agreed with you 5 post ago...

No, I won't post my return receipt. You either believe me or not. The money in my pocket proves I did. I don't need you to think I did.

But you should seriously go to CVS and trade in those Xbox Live points. No really, you get $10 bonus credit and 30% off cough medicine. :D/

This was a half hour ago. The first BB I went to, their system was down. I had the CS rep call the other BB in the area and they said their system was working. I ran down to that BB and everything was working. The CS girl asked "you like that game so much that you had to buy two copies".

Thanks OP for mentioning this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a half hour ago. The first BB I went to, their system was down. I had the CS rep call the other BB in the area and they said their system was working. I ran down to that BB and everything was working. The CS girl asked "you like that game so much that you had to buy two copies".

Thanks OP for mentioning this deal.
Why cant BB just go online and see the trade in value and honor it that way if the system is down, instead of making the costumer jump thru hoops

Why cant BB just go online and see the trade in value and honor it that way if the system is down, instead of making the costumer jump thru hoops
I felt the same way. They have to check and see how many copies you have traded in the past. They also want to check and see if you are banned from trading in. If the system is down they can't see any of this info.

I want to add something else to cartwheel like some cheap snacks, but that crap keeps crashing. What's something good to add to Cartwheel?

I want to add something else to cartwheel like some cheap snacks, but that crap keeps crashing. What's something good to add to Cartwheel?
Why do you need to add anything? Cartwheel is stackable with the price match because it's their own price. It only doesn't stack when it's a competitor price.

Why do you need to add anything? Cartwheel is stackable with the price match because it's their own price. It only doesn't stack when it's a competitor price.
I'd like to know where people are getting this. I have price matched other places and used cartwheel in the past. In fact a few post back someone price matched Amazon when they had the game for $34 and used cartwheel.

My Target said I could only pm 1 copy of CoD. Accepted Cartwheel right after with no problems. Took it next door to BB still sealed and got the trade in. 1 is better than none.

Fair enough. Get some chips, man. I love chips.

Oh, ok, never mind. Maybe I'm just thinking of the team member discount.
Nope, I work at Target and the team member discount works. I have got so many deals on items where I have done a price match+cartwheel+manufactures coupon+Target coupon+Team member discount+Red Card discount. The best example of this was when I bought Skylanders Giants for $1.57, because of all the stacks I used. Target is the best place to shop if you learn how to use their system.

My Target said I could only pm 1 copy of CoD. Accepted Cartwheel right after with no problems. Took it next door to BB still sealed and got the trade in. 1 is better than none.
That's not true, what if you were buying them as gifts for other people. I work there and have never heard or read this anywhere in the store.

Yesterday was a no-go for me.  Today I tried a different Target and customer service couldn't have cared less.  Rang up 3 copies, PM'd, scanned Cartwheel.  Best Buy was 2 minutes away from there so I stripped each copy of its wrapping and traded all 3 in no problem for $135 total.  SUCCESS!

Ok back home, no issues at Target, the guy even said yea stack it with Cartwheel, and then no issues at Best buy with the trade in, only issues was Bestbuy didnt have any WiiU games I wanted, No DKCTF, no AC4 which is onsale and no Deus ex HR: DC, so I just got a eshop card and will use the rest online

Just left Best Buy. One Ghosts copy left at Target drove a couple minutes to BBY and $45 GC achieved. Curious what the fingerprint scanner is for though. Never knew BBY started using them.

If you plan to flip this at Best Buy just be aware that in certain locations you must buy the game at best buy in order to do trade ins at best buy. I live on Long Island and best buy will no accept trade ins in Suffolk or Nassau County unless you originally purchased the game from them and have proof of purchase. First time I had heard of this when I went to trade in some games at Best Buy today, apparently it's a law in the county I live in.
If you brought the Target Reciept they would take the trade in. I live on LI and learned this the hard way as well.

Does the Cartwheel discount apply to each copy if we buy multiple copies in one transaction? Or do we need to buy in separate transactions?

Someone also said Target price matches only one copy. Is it true for competitors or for their own online PM?

No Cartwheel + competitor PM. You can PM target.com and use the coupon for four copies. I still think that's a lot. I'm just getting two.

If not you can PM Newegg at BBY...

$30 at Newegg......$47.75 TiV at best buy....

Newegg on list of online competitors they PM...

Yes I feel a little dirty saying that now.
Wait, do all Best Buy's PM online retailers? From what I found online, it just says they don't PM online retailers.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/global-promotions/price-match-guarantee/pcmcat297100050012.c?id=pcmcat297100050012

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?
No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).

Is this only certain stores then? Also, if you do a price match, does the 20% for GCU stack on top of that? Lol I might be asking for too much now. Still, this is CAG after all and I'd like to know because I've been looking for a decent price for Batman Arkham Origins for PS3 and if I can PM Newegg's $30 price and then get an extra 20% for GCU I'd be all over that.

Wait, do all Best Buy's PM online retailers? From what I found online, it just says they don't PM online retailers.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/global-promotions/price-match-guarantee/pcmcat297100050012.c?id=pcmcat297100050012

No. Unless Best Buy is running a test or promotion under this Guarantee that allows for Price Matching Internet retailers, we do not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).

Is this only certain stores then? Also, if you do a price match, does the 20% for GCU stack on top of that? Lol I might be asking for too much now. Still, this is CAG after all and I'd like to know because I've been looking for a decent price for Batman Arkham Origins for PS3 and if I can PM Newegg's $30 price and then get an extra 20% for GCU I'd be all over that.
Pretty sure this has been answered before. No, the 20% doesn't stack with PMs.

They have price matched Amazon without any problems, but that was back in November.

False. I PMed Amazon's price yesterday and used Cartwheel with no issues.
I think it boils down to who's ringing you up. I keep getting people who seem scared to give too much of a total discount, whereas at other times I get people who are like "Oh, nice, man. That's a good deal."

It's funny how people are like, "false" and "I can do it" so they think they're right. Sure, you can do anything when you don't follow policies. You can do anything when you break laws too. Some dude stole a car somewhere whereas you bought one. I guess that makes you an idiot. You can get a free car.

Success!  I was able to trade in the two copies of Ghosts on Xbone this afternoon for a cool $90 gift card.  Today is the last day for this offer at BB so good luck to anyone who wants in on this deal.  Thanks again OP.

Thanks OP. Ended up getting a PS4 copy for my brother. I took it to the Guest Service desk and they priced-matched no problem, I asked if I could still use my Target Cartwheel app that has a coupon for the game and they had absolutely no issues with me using it. This was at the Dadeland South Target in Miami.
Sweet. I'm in that area, so I'll go grab a copy (or more, if allowed).

EDIT: Just realized both stores close at 9 and today is apparently the last day to get $45 credit at BB... no way I can make it in time. Sadness. Cheers to those who got in on it, though.

So many people in this thread talking about the PS4 version of Ghosts and yes you can get the Target deal on the PS4 version, but BEST BUY ONLY GIVES $30 FOR THE PS4 VERSION. Please be aware before you go and buy umpteen copies of that game to flip. Not that I did.

bread's done
Back