Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more free Xbox One Beta Codes listed below. If anyone is planning on playing tonight or tomorrow night, feel free to add my name (same on XBL) if you want to to play together.

DY99R-XJVGD-XKDPQ-HKMG3-3CK7Z
QH4MX-F77T4-GC3T9-K9TXQ-794CZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Two more free Xbox One Beta Codes listed below. If anyone is planning on playing tonight or tomorrow night, feel free to add my name (same on XBL) if you want to to play together.

DY99R-XJVGD-XKDPQ-HKMG3-3CK7Z
QH4MX-F77T4-GC3T9-K9TXQ-794CZ
I took the first and told my brother who is also on CAG to take the second. Thanks man.

EDIT: Mine worked but I guess someone took the other. Thanks for the one though.

Here are some more Xbox One  codes:

3367P-RHXFR-JK949-PKWR3-PMVMZ
J2JT3-46K3Y-J4TP3-FXJFQ-VFK6Z

W773C-W74DK-4RQJF-GH2FW-4THFZ

You mean the codes that were emailed to you, or the keys you get once you redeem the aforementioned codes at Bungie.net?
The three 25 digit keys from Bungie.net, but it's my fault for not reading as apparently it requires Xbox Live Gold just to download the beta. I guess I'm going with PS4 at retail time.

The three 25 digit keys from Bungie.net, but it's my fault for not reading as apparently it requires Xbox Live Gold just to download the beta. I guess I'm going with PS4 at retail time.
Don't you need PS Plus to play the PS4 Beta? Why would you have wanted Xbox One codes if you prefer Playstation so much that you don't even have gold? I am just confused.

Anyway, I have really been enjoying the beta so far. I played for around three hours (level 6) and I feel like I have run out of content (Which is fine, I don't what to spoil the game). There may be more that I haven't found yet. I haven't done the strike mission.

Here are some more Xbox One codes:

[background=#232323]3367P-RHXFR-JK949-PKWR3-PMVMZ[/background]
[background=#232323]J2JT3-46K3Y-J4TP3-FXJFQ-VFK6Z[/background]
[background=#232323]W773C-W74DK-4RQJF-GH2FW-4THFZ[/background]

Thanks a lot Sink =)

Initially came here to ask if people got their Amazon beta codes yet?

Will post my code when it arrives...if it ever does.

I've only played about a hour so it's too early to judge but so far this just feels like borderlands + MMO.

Borderlands is fun but I never beat any of them or really got into them. I guess for all the money they spent I was expecting more than borderlands.

Maybe after I put some more time in with the beta I'll think otherwise but I've been underwhelmed.

Has anyone else tried battling the enemies hidden within the dark areas?  They have ?? instead of numbers for their ranks, and pretty much destroy you the instant you begin to battle.  I wonder how much XP they give if you beat them.

Has anyone else tried battling the enemies hidden within the dark areas? They have ?? instead of numbers for their ranks, and pretty much destroy you the instant you begin to battle. I wonder how much XP they give if you beat them.
I have and I beat it on the first try. I was basically shooting and the ducking for cover the whole time. I played very defensively. I may have gotten lucky. In regards to XP, I got some, not sure if it was more than usual. I also think I got some new equipment out of it.

Anyone have an extra X1 code?  I preordered from Target to find out they're not included in Beta access... gah! 

PM me, or IM me on XBL, gamertag Transformah.

Thanks!

I have and I beat it on the first try. I was basically shooting and the ducking for cover the whole time. I played very defensively. I may have gotten lucky. In regards to XP, I got some, not sure if it was more than usual. I also think I got some new equipment out of it.
Interesting. My mistake was going at them as a level 2 and being distracted by the ?? rank. I paused when I saw them, trying to think of a plan and then was instantly killed. I'm definitely going back for them now. And their goodies... I guess it would be easier with a team, since when I respawned it was far from the encounter.

Speaking of which, I entered a mission on my own, then was alerted to a side mission that I could partake in concurrently. Two other randoms were also doing this, so when I ran over to help them the mission ended shortly after. One player was level 8, so all the enemies leveled to their rank, making it sort of tricky for myself and the other player. The higher rank left us just after the match ended, while the second guy would follow me, hanging back and picking off enemies. But after a point he just vanished.

I kind of like that since it makes the world seem more alive, like other battles are going on and other players can join for support. I wonder if you can work with others like that more frequently. I just wish enemies didn't respawn like as soon as you leave an area, as it makes backtracking or exploration seem like a punishment.

Anyone else find the ball in the Tower?  I found it hiding behind the Bounty sign - ended up kicking that around with some others for a while until some jackass came by and kicked it off the ledge.

As far as the main game, I'm really enjoying it.  The only part that irritates me is the same thing that happened with Borderlands.  If anyone higher level than you passes through, all of the enemies that spawn while they are present are at a level that matches that other person.  That made for many unneeded deaths especially when I was just starting out.

As far as the main game, I'm really enjoying it. The only part that irritates me is the same thing that happened with Borderlands. If anyone higher level than you passes through, all of the enemies that spawn while they are present are at a level that matches that other person. That made for many unneeded deaths especially when I was just starting out.
Once you hit level 8 you cannot rank up anymore, so I was wandering around just doing random side missions to busy myself. One side mission required me to eliminate those large purple orb enemies that fire those destructive stream blasts. I was completely unaware as to where it would spawn (it was no where near where the mission marker I hit to start it was), and it generated directly in what would be the pathway for the second mission (the first normal difficulty mission), in the tight corridors you move through. These two level 2 players were getting destroyed by the level 8 enemies and purple blobs they were facing because of my mission.

It actually made me feel bad, as it definitely was something their weaker weapons and armor couldn't really overcome. This definitely seems like it could be an annoyance if you were a casual player on your own who happens to encounter enemies many times that of your rank because other players happen to be nearby. Great for XP, I guess, but how tedious would that battle be?

Unfortunately this isn't correct. I think you interpreted my post as being the areas you cannot respawn in as the dark areas. I meant the side corridors where there literally is no light, and if you wander through the long enough you'll encounter enemies that have no rank, just ??. These enemies are unbeatable, as they take no damage. A few randoms and myself blasted at them for a few minutes, expecting some sort of reward for the long battle, but they lost no health and easily killed us in one to two hits. They also were a bot aggressive, charging and moving to respond the instant your shots hit them.

More about that here: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/07/18/hidden-unbeatable-enemies-found-in-destiny-beta/94838/

So after playing some more I actually am really starting to enjoy this game. It gets pretty addictive doing quests. I keep saying just one more quest.

My buddy is looking for a key if anybody has a extra a PM would be appreciated.

So after playing some more I actually am really starting to enjoy this game. It gets pretty addictive doing quests. I keep saying just one more quest.

beta is open to all now

Ha, that was me last night. "I'm done after this one!" I kept telling myself. Then I'd get a new weapon and then it became "I've got to try this out first." It was 3am before I realized it and I had to get up at 7 with my kids. :lol:

I dunno, this game doesn't seem to be for me. Definitely feels a lot like Resistance, if anyone has played that.

I'll give it another couple tries though, I do appreciate Betas like this to get a feel for the game.

I dunno, this game doesn't seem to be for me. Definitely feels a lot like Resistance, if anyone has played that.

I'll give it another couple tries though, I do appreciate Betas like this to get a feel for the game.
same here, but then i knew going in, i probably would not like it. it feels like borderlands 2, when i first watched the alpha/beta footage gameplay video on youtube. that is how i felt after playing the beta. since i have no friends to play with, it feels extremely boring/dull for me.

Ha, that was me last night. "I'm done after this one!" I kept telling myself. Then I'd get a new weapon and then it became "I've got to try this out first." It was 3am before I realized it and I had to get up at 7 with my kids. :lol:
This was my Borderlands 2 thought process hahaha.

same here, but then i knew going in, i probably would not like it. it feels like borderlands 2, when i first watched the alpha/beta footage gameplay video on youtube. that is how i felt after playing the beta. since i have no friends to play with, it feels extremely boring/dull for me.
I couldn't agree more with this comment. With friends, I bet this game would be great. Without it, I would rather get my open world, first person, rpg style experience from a game like Skyrim.

[quote name="DestroVega" post="11955390" timestamp="1406303844"]I dunno, this game doesn't seem to be for me. Definitely feels a lot like Resistance, if anyone has played that.

I'll give it another couple tries though, I do appreciate Betas like this to get a feel for the game.[/quote]
I don't get the Resistance comparison. Granted I only played the first one and couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

I don't mind playing solo, but I will admit it is more fun if you have somebody to group up with.

Blah. Wanted to try it (360) but I'm not subbing Gold just for this. There's 7 and 14 day trial codes floating around, but apparently Microsoft doesn't want to pimp out this game, and they don't work to download it.

Blah. Wanted to try it (360) but I'm not subbing Gold just for this. There's 7 and 14 day trial codes floating around, but apparently Microsoft doesn't want to pimp out this game, and they don't work to download it.
Much of the game offers online play, with other people appearing in your world to assist in the wasteland around you, even in what can be solo missions. While I think it's stupid that it requires Playstation Plus to play it on the PS3, as the online play on that is free, it makes sense for the other 3 systems, as they all require the subscription service to play games online. The whole point of making it available to so many is to test the online setup.

[quote name="Rhett" post="11955972" timestamp="1406317605"]Blah. Wanted to try it (360) but I'm not subbing Gold just for this. There's 7 and 14 day trial codes floating around, but apparently Microsoft doesn't want to pimp out this game, and they don't work to download it.[/quote]
According to Bungie a trial code will work, unless that has since changed.

The gunplay felt great and I think the loot will be addicting. I'm just not sure about sitting around doing the LFG thing before every mission if I want to play co-op. I wish there some kind of automated matchmaking or partying.

The gunplay felt great and I think the loot will be addicting. I'm just not sure about sitting around doing the LFG thing before every mission if I want to play co-op. I wish there some kind of automated matchmaking or partying.
yeah, that is what i thought it would have . basically as i approach randoms in an area, i would get like a prompt option of joining them or not. instead of seeing randoms, and then suddenly them just disappearing out of sight. into thin air

yeah, that is what i thought it would have . basically as i approach randoms in an area, i would get like a prompt option of joining them or not. instead of seeing randoms, and then suddenly them just disappearing out of sight. into thin air
This. Instead, higher level players pass through and level boost any enemies that spawn (much like Borderlands), the people leave but the enemies don't level down until they are defeated. That sucked when I first started.

i also find it strange within the social towers, you are not able to enter a chat, or type of text on top of your characters with the emote, when you go next to a random player. like when approach the merchants in the towers, you press X to interact with them.

I had the same reaction. Looks to be extremely well-made, great score, etc., but by the time I got to Level 4 I was already worn out by the "go here, do another quest" deal. If I had more friends playing it, I'm sure I'd be more into it, but it seems to be pretty bland otherwise.

After seeing videos for months now I have wanted to play the game and hoped it would come to the PC at some point.  I was given a code to play the PS3 beta only to find out that I didn't have room for it.  Started deleting what I was willing to delete and then saw the files size.  I wasn't deleting all my game saves and was down to the ones that I play most on the PS3.  Glad I didn't because I read a post from someone saying that you have to have PS+ to play on the PS3.  I was able to get a code from someone on CAG and started playing on the 360.  I'm glad I was able to play the beta and I'm glad they opened it to everyone.  I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one that really isn't feeling it with this game.  I know it's just beta, but the core of the game is there and it feels lacking and like it's trying to hard.

Take the races as the first example.  If you're going to have them why not give them different abilities that aren't game breaking.  It's pointless in having the different races outside of story and looks.  Hell they could have just made everyone human and fight the other races or have them as bots.  It shouldn't have changes the game much at all.  

Classes are to a point the same way.  At level 5 with the Warlock and level 4 with the Hunter they for the most part feel the same.  Sure they have different skills but nothing stands out at least not at the lower levels.  

For the missions it would be nice if you could group up with people around you, but as of now I haven't seen anything showing you can.  Really other than just to do it what's the point.  Even the end of the missions that don't let you respawn are easy enough not to need help unless you get impatient.  I'm having the inpatients issue with the 3rd or 4th right now.  The one that you have to fight off the mobs as your Ghost does hacks or does what ever it's doing to the thing at the end of the room.  Hell the issue could also be because I was at to low of a level for that or to play it how I was.  I was running around trying to melee everything.

Missions in the free run world seem to be just to time consuming.  All that I have done are find a beacon, kill the enemies around it or go to the other end of the map to do something.  Finish it and oh their's another beacon and again it's go back to the other end of the map and do something there.  When you get there you see that someone else killed everything and oh shit it all respawned, and not just what is where I'm at.  Everything respawned at the same time so you run some place else to get out of the middle of it all and then it spawns.  

It just seems like other games have done this so much better and for a beta that is now public if all this is different in the retail version why not put it in beta.  The beta is where you're going to lock in the people that are unsure or drive them away.  I feel like this game could be and should be better than what it is.  Seems like they're just trying to take Halo and make it an MMO that doesn't work.  MAG did it well I thought till the servers were shut down or died and the replacement, EVE I think it is, seemed to do it well however they were just MMO.  This tries to make the MMO, single player online and first person shooter all in one and all feel lacking to me.  I'd rather them have just made it just like Halo and had the normal online modes that are in most shooters.  Take the MMO aspect out because it doesn't seem to work and go back to the drawing board to make this just a FPS with your typical online modes.

When or if this game comes to the PC I'll pick it up when it's on sale for around 40 maybe 50 for a game of the year edition with what ever DLC that comes out.  Other than that I really don't see me picking this up at all.  This game was just a big let down from the beta and keeping things out because it's a beta is no excuse.  Like I said it's stupid not to have as close to the retail version as you can get for the beta.  If the issues that I had aren't fixed by release no point in getting the game when or if it comes to the PC.

After seeing videos for months now I have wanted to play the game and hoped it would come to the PC at some point. I was given a code to play the PS3 beta only to find out that I didn't have room for it. Started deleting what I was willing to delete and then saw the files size. I wasn't deleting all my game saves and was down to the ones that I play most on the PS3. Glad I didn't because I read a post from someone saying that you have to have PS+ to play on the PS3. I was able to get a code from someone on CAG and started playing on the 360. I'm glad I was able to play the beta and I'm glad they opened it to everyone. I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one that really isn't feeling it with this game. I know it's just beta, but the core of the game is there and it feels lacking and like it's trying to hard.

Take the races as the first example. If you're going to have them why not give them different abilities that aren't game breaking. It's pointless in having the different races outside of story and looks. Hell they could have just made everyone human and fight the other races or have them as bots. It shouldn't have changes the game much at all.

Classes are to a point the same way. At level 5 with the Warlock and level 4 with the Hunter they for the most part feel the same. Sure they have different skills but nothing stands out at least not at the lower levels.

For the missions it would be nice if you could group up with people around you, but as of now I haven't seen anything showing you can. Really other than just to do it what's the point. Even the end of the missions that don't let you respawn are easy enough not to need help unless you get impatient. I'm having the inpatients issue with the 3rd or 4th right now. The one that you have to fight off the mobs as your Ghost does hacks or does what ever it's doing to the thing at the end of the room. Hell the issue could also be because I was at to low of a level for that or to play it how I was. I was running around trying to melee everything.

Missions in the free run world seem to be just to time consuming. All that I have done are find a beacon, kill the enemies around it or go to the other end of the map to do something. Finish it and oh their's another beacon and again it's go back to the other end of the map and do something there. When you get there you see that someone else killed everything and oh shit it all respawned, and not just what is where I'm at. Everything respawned at the same time so you run some place else to get out of the middle of it all and then it spawns.

It just seems like other games have done this so much better and for a beta that is now public if all this is different in the retail version why not put it in beta. The beta is where you're going to lock in the people that are unsure or drive them away. I feel like this game could be and should be better than what it is. Seems like they're just trying to take Halo and make it an MMO that doesn't work. MAG did it well I thought till the servers were shut down or died and the replacement, EVE I think it is, seemed to do it well however they were just MMO. This tries to make the MMO, single player online and first person shooter all in one and all feel lacking to me. I'd rather them have just made it just like Halo and had the normal online modes that are in most shooters. Take the MMO aspect out because it doesn't seem to work and go back to the drawing board to make this just a FPS with your typical online modes.

When or if this game comes to the PC I'll pick it up when it's on sale for around 40 maybe 50 for a game of the year edition with what ever DLC that comes out. Other than that I really don't see me picking this up at all. This game was just a big let down from the beta and keeping things out because it's a beta is no excuse. Like I said it's stupid not to have as close to the retail version as you can get for the beta. If the issues that I had aren't fixed by release no point in getting the game when or if it comes to the PC.
i had problem with that mission as well, but i finished it eventually. i am not sure if it is a bug or something. the spawn point of those waves of enemies charging in are way too much overwhelming for a single player to take. it felt like in some instance they just teleported next to me. also your super charged abilities tied to your class took to long to charge. it should have bettercooldown like in your regular mmo type

Just did the moon mission....damn cool. Am I playing the same game as all these complainers? I'm loving every second of the game!

[quote name="YBX87" post="11957471" timestamp="1406393848"]i had problem with that mission as well, but i finished it eventually. i am not sure if it is a bug or something. the spawn point of those waves of enemies charging in are way too much overwhelming for a single player to take. it felt like in some instance they just teleported next to me. also your super charged abilities tied to your class took to long to charge. it should have bettercooldown like in your regular mmo type[/quote]
I thought I was just going in at too low of a level or just being impatient. In the end I just started to use the melee and that's what got me.

Just did the moon mission....damn cool. Am I playing the same game as all these complainers? I'm loving every second of the game!
Everyone has an opinion. So not everyone is going to like it. Like I said in my last post, I felt let down. This game just seems like it could have been and should have been so much better.

I thought I was just going in at too low of a level or just being impatient. In the end I just started to use the melee and that's what got me.

Everyone has an opinion. So not everyone is going to like it. Like I said in my last post, I felt let down. This game just seems like it could have been and should have been so much better.
are you playing on xbox 360? i am lvl 8 finally. the devil's lair is probably the toughest tho

Anybody up for some co-op later tonight on XB1?  Send me a friend request - Tunermonkey

I agree and respect that. I'm just surprised. Everything, and I seriously mean everything, about the game is 'right' to me. It was tons of fun solo just plugging away and exploring, it was 10x that with a couple of good buddies, the missions are challenging and have a satisfying feel when taking out bosses, the loot system is tight, gameplay is razers edge perfect, the lore is deep and mysterious, the sparrow is fun, the ghost character and mechanic is well done (if a bit too Cortana-ish), graphics are quite nice and the visuals are impressive, and the music is simply unbelievable. I don't understand what else people could want.

the game reminds me a lot of rage. the missions are very repetitive and the environment is pretty bland and boring

Played a fair amount today. Enjoyed the missions, although I don't know it would keep me entertained long term.

I was excited about the combo of the missions and the PvP. After playing the Crucible for a while, really started disliking it. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but it felt horribly unbalanced. I really hated the jumping mechanic too.

Played a fair amount today. Enjoyed the missions, although I don't know it would keep me entertained long term.

I was excited about the combo of the missions and the PvP. After playing the Crucible for a while, really started disliking it. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but it felt horribly unbalanced. I really hated the jumping mechanic too.
This. Even I got the jump on someone and blasted them point-blank with a shotgun, it seemed to do minimal damage, and before I could unload a second round, they'd get turned around and kill me with a single hit. It felt like what few kills I actually did get were nothing more than lucky shots. I'm not very good at these kind of games, but come on, I know I'm not this bad.

[quote name="YBX87" post="11958163" timestamp="1406417561"]are you playing on xbox 360? i am lvl 8 finally. the devil's lair is probably the toughest tho[/quote]
Yes I'm on the 360. Just started the Titan class as a human. I have now played as all 3 classes and races.

This. Even I got the jump on someone and blasted them point-blank with a shotgun, it seemed to do minimal damage, and before I could unload a second round, they'd get turned around and kill me with a single hit. It felt like what few kills I actually did get were nothing more than lucky shots. I'm not very good at these kind of games, but come on, I know I'm not this bad.
No, absolutely. I play a fair amount of FPSs and if you looked at my Destiny play, you'd think I'd never seen one before. The whole shotgun thing was driving me nuts.

Hopefully they tweak it out of the Beta. If it was more like the Halo multiplayer, it would have been a no brainer for me, with the addition of the mission stuff. At this rate, I'm going to have to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back