Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
In game emblem. If you don't feel like doing it here's the code: 7F9-767F74. there are also 17 other codes that unlock Grimoire cards, but I don't have those handy.
Q. Where do I redeem these codes?

You can redeem these codes by going to the code redemption portal on bungie.net

Q. What are these codes used for?

It's currently a mystery as to what these codes will unlock for us. Some users are speculating that these codes will be used to unlock exclusive content in Destiny (such as Recon Armor), and others think that they will be used for a special flair on bungie.net. We will hopefully find out the secrets to these codes sometime in 2014.

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9

Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A

Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH

Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY

Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K

Hive: 473-MXR-3X9

Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3

Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC

Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA

The Tower: 69P-VCH-337

The Hive: Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L

Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP (Added on 10/31)

The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG (Added on 10/31)

Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A (Added on 10/31)

The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V (Added on 11/10)

The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7 (Added on 11/10)

Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN (Added on 11/10)
no Credit goes to me, just Google-fu at your service.
Not really sure what these do...but hey, free shit is free shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="HyeVltg3" post="12070074" timestamp="1409979378"]no Credit goes to me, just Google-fu at your service.
Not really sure what these do...but hey, free shit is free shit![/quote]
From what I've read they unlock Grimoire cards. The other codes I shared unlock emblems. The last five were from the limited edition. I agree, free is free.

From what I've read they unlock Grimoire cards. The other codes I shared unlock emblems. The last five were from the limited edition. I agree, free is free.
the last five were from the LE, were also grimoire cards? I wasnt able to use them, said I already had them activated. I had used the 17 before finding your codes posted. so I assume they were cards too.

[quote name="HyeVltg3" post="12071089" timestamp="1410026951"]the last five were from the LE, were also grimoire cards? I wasnt able to use them, said I already had them activated. I had used the 17 before finding your codes posted. so I assume they were cards too.[/quote]
The last five should have been emblems. I used them and had already used the 17 Grimoire card codes. The other single code was an emblem from the Google maps Destiny site.

Joined the Clan!

There isnt any on the deal thread but I thought maybe here would?

Still no word from MS in terms of the whole 360-X1 upgrade in regards to the fact that we can't preorder the 360 version, preload it and that according to the wording by Bungie it would seem there is no Digital Guardian Edition available on the 360?

No reason to buy the expansion pass now, since the first DLC isn't until December and there's no extra bonus or unlock with the pass, right? Just making sure.

No reason to buy the expansion pass now, since the first DLC isn't until December and there's no extra bonus or unlock with the pass, right? Just making sure.
I think most people got the limited/digital/collector's edition and the pass is included. Only reason to get it now is to save $5 since you don't know how long the pass will be up.

If it's like any other season pass ever, it will never go away and probably be discounted further. Even the L.A. Noire pass, where they specifically advertised that the best discount would be for the people who bought for it a limited time when it was first available, got a better discount later on. :p

Should've stated it was a rhetorical question then. You do you.
Sorry, didn't mean to come off like I was dismissing you. What I was really wondering was if there were any extra bits of DLC that only came with the pass, like with the season passes for Gears 3 or BioShock Infinite. Thanks for the info!

hi all

Will be at BB tonight at midnight but just install before bed then likely playing during the day EST tomorrow.

hit me up on xbox one would love to explore with fellow CAGs

joined the clan too.

xRandallxFlagg

xbox one

anyone know if the shader from gamestop is emailed if you preorder advanced warfare online?

So something I'm still a little unclear on... playing the story missions in co-op. In the beta, I would be traversing the level with other people around, but as soon as I entered a Darkness Zone, the other players vanished and I did the rest of the mission on my own. Do you need to manually invite people to your fireteam to do the Darkness Zones in co-op?

So something I'm still a little unclear on... playing the story missions in co-op. In the beta, I would be traversing the level with other people around, but as soon as I entered a Darkness Zone, the other players vanished and I did the rest of the mission on my own. Do you need to manually invite people to your fireteam to do the Darkness Zones in co-op?
You didn't need to in the Alpha, but you needed to in the Beta. Don't know what it'll be in retail.

[quote name="Ryuukishi" post="12077200" timestamp="1410215759"]So something I'm still a little unclear on... playing the story missions in co-op. In the beta, I would be traversing the level with other people around, but as soon as I entered a Darkness Zone, the other players vanished and I did the rest of the mission on my own. Do you need to manually invite people to your fireteam to do the Darkness Zones in co-op?[/quote]
Yes, once you enter these areas only your fireteam remains with you.

Joined the clan.  I'll be on PS4 evenings.  Feel free to add me: pROvIs

oops search failed me.  Sorry.

I believe I know exactly what you mean. If you're on CAG mobile, the search function is all sorts of screwed up. By the way, thanks for the friend request on PSN. I should have Destiny tomorrow night.

3AM Eastern finally arrives and as cruel fate would be I'll be forced to hit the hay.

The gods of College have forsaken me with a 3 Page essay given in my first week of school with Destiny releasing in it.

Excited to be picking this up today, I will be on at approximately 9PM PST.

Feel free to send invites if you want a co-op player.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to open my fireteam to friends so people can jump and I don't need to send invites. I know there was an option in the beta. Anyway, I will most likely be on all day if anybody wants to team up. Gt: Renegade Moose

Officially joined the CAGcast Xbox clan :D

I can't for the life of me figure out how to open my fireteam to friends so people can jump and I don't need to send invites. I know there was an option in the beta. Anyway, I will most likely be on all day if anybody wants to team up. Gt: Renegade Moose
Fire up your party app while in Destiny, in the party app there is an option to set fire team to joinable.

[quote name="genneo" post="12079467" timestamp="1410280108"]Officially joined the CAGcast Xbox clan :D

Fire up your party app while in Destiny, in the party app there is an option to set fire team to joinable.[/quote]
Isn't that just for the party app? So I'm guessing I have to remember to do that every time I start?

Ugh, car broke down so I've spent the day helping get it fixed up again. I swear between Destiny coming out and the Apple conference (Which I love watching) it picked the worst day to crap out on me. Thankfully (lol?) Destiny installed painfully slow because I have a 5400RPM External drive so I wasn't missing much for most of the day.

Not to mention I've gotten plenty of time to think what class I'm rolling with. It was a lot of thought between Warlock and Hunter but I think I'm going to choose the Warlock.

Against by my better judgement, bought it last night. Better than I remembered from the beta, so that kind of a relief. Joined the clan thing here. XBL: The KaneRobot. Will probably be on in an hour or so.

Overhyped, unbalanced, meaningless story? Not much to go on other than every which way's impressions.

The level gap between players has been a bit of a problem with a few of us here, and even this early on people are feeling left behind and unable to really play alongside higher level characters.
Yeah if Borderlands did something really right, it was the ability to play with higher level characters. They definitely created a standard imo.

In all honesty I'm kind of bummed. Don't get me wrong the game is pretty good but it's just "pretty good". It isn't like one of those games I literally can't put down and I want to keep playing it until the end. It's good, but it isn't great by any means.

Only level 4 so you know I still have a ways to go but my initial thoughts are I don't think this game is going to live up to any hype at all.

In all honesty I'm kind of bummed. Don't get me wrong the game is pretty good but it's just "pretty good". It isn't like one of those games I literally can't put down and I want to keep playing it until the end. It's good, but it isn't great by any means.

Only level 4 so you know I still have a ways to go but my initial thoughts are I don't think this game is going to live up to any hype at all.
I keep hearing this but until I play it I won't know how true this actually is. I am wondering if it is just unrealistic expectations or the game really is mediocre. I used my MS store credit to get this game and I do not plan on returning it since the drive is 40 miles round trip.

I keep hearing this but until I play it I won't know how true this actually is. I am wondering if it is just unrealistic expectations or the game really is mediocre. I used my MS store credit to get this game and I do not plan on returning it since the drive is 40 miles round trip.
It just feels really mundane to me so far. The shooting and combat as a whole isn't anything special you basically just shoot shoot shoot and occasionally get to throw a grenade. Not to mention it feels like enemies take a lot of bullets to die and it gets boring when it essentially boils down to "Shoot enemy, hide in cover, reload, and then rinse and repeat 2-3 times" to kill the group.

Honestly I didn't hype the game at all and the only expectation I went into the game was "Okay Bungie made this and got a lot of funding so it must be pretty good".

I have been having a great time with it since last night but it does feel somewhat linear I've only finished earth so far. I did most of the bountys then picked up as many as I could get for the crucible. With that being said I've leveled 3 times in two hours just pvping.

Anyone know the lvl max I am lvl13 so far.

I have been having a great time with it since last night but it does feel somewhat linear I've only finished earth so far. I did most of the bountys then picked up as many as I could get for the crucible. With that being said I've leveled 3 times in two hours just pvping.

Anyone know the lvl max I am lvl13 so far.
20 I think. But after that comes the loot hunting I guess and the raids.

I think the game is meant to be played at an end game level, like WoW. The journey there is just for giggles. That's my guess at least.

Just got done playing for about 3 hours.  What a lot of fun!  I played a bit by myself and a bit with good friends.  Both ways was a freaking blast!  Got to level 5 and started to get some cool armor.  Great game. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back