Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't play much this weekend besides doing a few bounties on Friday night while waiting to work on some other games with the group I usually boost with.  Haven't even grabbed the first chest on Crota raid for the easy shards/energy.  No desire to do the 3 Crota hard clears I need to do tonight.  Maybe I'll try to find a good group on lfg later if I'm inclined, but I could take it or leave it.  I haven't seen the crux drop in any of my clears so no big deal to me. 

Is there a way to hold onto checkpoints through the reset tonight?  I thought it was discussed here before, but I don't remember if there is a way to hold them or not.

I have a Crota checkpoint that i would like to finish off tonight. I'll be on around 9 est. Just shoot me a message if you want in. BxJoka

I didn't play much this weekend besides doing a few bounties on Friday night while waiting to work on some other games with the group I usually boost with. Haven't even grabbed the first chest on Crota raid for the easy shards/energy. No desire to do the 3 Crota hard clears I need to do tonight. Maybe I'll try to find a good group on lfg later if I'm inclined, but I could take it or leave it. I haven't seen the crux drop in any of my clears so no big deal to me.

Is there a way to hold onto checkpoints through the reset tonight? I thought it was discussed here before, but I don't remember if there is a way to hold them or not.
Yep.

Have someone with the CP load in like 5 min before reset. Then have a friend log out and log in after the reset happens, they join your game, you guys then wipe twice to be safe and boom CP transferred for the week.

I too didn't play much this weekend. Just kinda getting the point where I can't be bothered. Only did some bounties so I could level up my Multi-Tool. I think I will try to hit Nightfall and weekly hard tonight at reset. If I get Crota raids in this week, good but if not I honestly don't care right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as I suspected my regular Raid crew is starting to move on already. We only did one clear tonight and some of the guys really weren't focused and it took longer than it should have. They then bailed pretty quickly to go play Evolve.

Then I ended up running the Nightfall 3 times with Vendetta and his friends. I actually got TWO exotics this week - first time since mid-December I've gotten any. The first was Patience and Time which I already had - but still nice to get something besides a legendary weapon. My second run gave me a legendary fusion rifle. But then on my third run I got Sunbreakers with 9 more Int than the ones I upgraded via Xur. At least I hadn't put any work into maxing those ones out yet.

I still have two Heroic Weeklies to run and also 2 Crota clears. I'll be on around 8pm Pacific to see if anyone is up for a normal Crota run (to get Hunger of Crota). My hard mode clear netted me my 3rd sparrow and my 4th Word of Crota. So now in 10 hard mode clears I've gotten 4 Word of Crota, 4 Fang of Ir Yut, 3 sparrows, 2 ships, and a Warlock and Titan helmet (and no Crux). One of the other guys got a crux so that makes 3 of the 6 of us so far.

Oh yeah, Nightfall is Nexus with Void burn. The weekly has no burn this week, unfortunately.

I just remembered to mention that I got the crux!  In case you guys were trying out different things to get it -- I had actually beaten Crota on normal with that character, then went and did hard mode.  So it is not 100% certain that you have to only do hard mode for the double loot drop chance as a lot of my friends were thinking.  On both clears, I ended up with exotics so it seemed like the game was rolling favorably for that character.

I was so excited and yelling so hard even though I heard the Necrochasm was bad.  One of the guys on the fireteam sent me a joking hate mail afterwards.  Lol.  And boy is that gun bad -- it goes through bullets like nothing.

Congrats on getting the Crux!  I did my 3 hard raid clears at the last minute last night and had one person get it to drop in 2 of the 3 clears.  No luck for me though.  First clear took entirely too long due to incompetent sword running and I almost just called it a night, but we eventually got through it.  Next 2 groups I found we cleared it in a couple tries each.  Got another Hunter helmet and I think another Scout Rifle.  Nothing that I really need anyways. 

Nexus should be a quick clear except for those blasts banking off the ceiling at the end.  I'll be on to run nightfall/weekly on all 3 characters later tonight if anyone is still playing, lol.

Polygon has a new article heavily implying that Destiny has lost money for Activision in the short term but that's okay because it's a long term investment.

Except, whoops, Activision already reported back in October on an investor call that Destiny was profitable from day one.

Here's a great (and long) article on Kotaku about how people who were heavy Destiny players are starting to stop playing as much.  I see it already with a lot of the regulars here.  I have one more thing in the near term I want to accomplish (Warlock Mastery) and then I'm going back to Thedas to finish Dragon Age.  I'm sure I'll be back in May, but I don't care enough to keep playing to get my Titan to level 32 at this point. 

http://kotaku.com/five-months-in-hardcore-destiny-players-are-hitting-a-1684813586

Here's a great (and long) article on Kotaku about how people who were heavy Destiny players are starting to stop playing as much. I see it already with a lot of the regulars here. I have one more thing in the near term I want to accomplish (Warlock Mastery) and then I'm going back to Thedas to finish Dragon Age. I'm sure I'll be back in May, but I don't care enough to keep playing to get my Titan to level 32 at this point.

http://kotaku.com/five-months-in-hardcore-destiny-players-are-hitting-a-1684813586
That's an interesting article, I've definately noticed the drop off in my own playing time and the lack of people playing on my friends list. I'm definately still going to run nightfalls and heroic strikes on both chars every Tuesday. I will try to get the VOG exotic chest until I have a G-Horn. I'll run Crota on my warlock until he's a 22. But otherwise I'm going to try and focus on my backlog (ie I'll say I'm going to play my backlog, but instead buy something new and play it).

CaseX said:
I just remembered to mention that I got the crux! In case you guys were trying out different things to get it -- I had actually beaten Crota on normal with that character, then went and did hard mode. So it is not 100% certain that you have to only do hard mode for the double loot drop chance as a lot of my friends were thinking.
Eh, I never thought that because you don't ever get double hard mode weapon drops. On VoG you could potentially get something like two Fatebringers at one checkpoint so there it definitely helped to run Hard mode only if you were looking for something like that. The only reason to run hard mode first on Crota is just to get double shard/energy drops and save the time of also doing it on normal. And the reason to run normal first, of course, is to get the motherloving Hunger of Crota :bomb:.

Yeah. I don't feel any "discontent" like the article states or have any big complaints, but since reaching 32 on my Hunter I've felt less of a draw to play it. It's been good for my gamerscore to actually play some other games for a change. :lol:

Eh, I never thought that because you don't ever get double hard mode weapon drops. On VoG you could potentially get something like two Fatebringers at one checkpoint so there it definitely helped to run Hard mode only if you were looking for something like that. The only reason to run hard mode first on Crota is just to get double shard/energy drops and save the time of also doing it on normal. And the reason to run normal first, of course, is to get the motherloving Hunger of Crota :bomb:.
:oops: I just pulled my 2nd one a little bit ago... Also got my 3rd IceBreaker now too...

EDIT: I think my group is planning on some more normals tonight, so if I see you on, I'll try and get you in.

So for the guys who were running normal with us and I said the game glitched and gave me 99 radiant shards - I don't think that really happened. I forgot I had pulled my entire stack out of the Vault to level some gear and I probably had 80+ in there. It was just odd to see it right at 99.

Anyway, still no Hunger of Crota from two normal kills today. And the hard mode kill we got done just gave me a Titan helm that was worse than the one I already had. All I have left for the week is one more hard mode clear (and a couple of Heroic Weeklies).

Thanks for posting that article.  I think we can all relate to many of the issues they point out with the game.  With the release of the next batch of new content so far away and nothing really left to do I haven't been playing nearly as much.  Pretty much just get as much done as I can after the reset on Tuesday and then clean up some of the other things later in the week when I get motivated. 

Thanks for letting me run through that normal clear last night.  No Hunger of Crota for me, but I have enough shards now to upgrade my Lock and Titan to 32 without having to convert energy.  Now I just have to find the motivation to do so. :drool:

Thanks for posting that article. I think we can all relate to many of the issues they point out with the game. With the release of the next batch of new content so far away and nothing really left to do I haven't been playing nearly as much. Pretty much just get as much done as I can after the reset on Tuesday and then clean up some of the other things later in the week when I get motivated.

Thanks for letting me run through that normal clear last night. No Hunger of Crota for me, but I have enough shards now to upgrade my Lock and Titan to 32 without having to convert energy. Now I just have to find the motivation to do so. :drool:
No problem man. A lot of those guys needed regular raid weapons like you and io, so they will be running them until they get them. I'm actually glad that someone else who needed a normal run got in instead of me because I was done running normals for the week.

As for myself, I really don't need anything raid wise other than maybe a speeder and a VoG weapon so I may actually start hitting my backlog a bit more in the weeks to come! Red Death still won't drop for me and the past 2 weeks, I've seen someone else get it so I am hopeful. I somehow snagged 2 Hunger of Crotas, a 2nd Thunderlord, and a pair of Young Ahamkara's Spine so far this week. :)

Also, I mentioned this to the CAG group last night but does it seem like Hard Light is dropping like crazy this week? Also noticed No Land Beyond and Universal Remote dropping like crazy as well. I've seen 4 Hard Lights this week...

Just when I thought I'd be cutting back on Destiny and playing other games, I went a little crazy last night and played almost continuously from 7pm until nearly 4am. First we had the CAG raid, then the stuff with Vendetta's friends, then at the end I ran bounties with Vendetta and another guy. Since I finally got Ruin Wings from a Xur engram last week I wanted to max those out (which I did) so I can now use them in the hard raid for more heavy drops.

But that is what it takes for a burst of "regular" gameplay (ie, bounties, Roc strikes, etc). When you get a new piece of gear, you want to level it up. The problem is there isn't much else for me to get at this point. The only other things I'm looking for are exotic weapons like Red Death and Suros and since I'm already working on leveling up Crota primaries it isn't as exciting to level that stuff up as opposed to some new armor. Now if I can snag Voidfang Vestments or Heart of Praxic Fire then I'll have some stuff to do on my Warlock. And if/when I ever get the Crota Hunter helm I'll have that to work on.

Ran 2 Oracles-Atheon and 1 Atheon Clear last night.  Got 2 Vision of Confluence, so now I don't have to move that gun either :D

Also got my 2nd IceBreaker for the week off the Gorgon Chest...  Someone in my group got Red Death again this week :bomb:

And lastly, io, I think the guys were planning a couple hard runs later today/tonight.  Will keep you updated!  2nd guy in my group got a Crux yesterday before I hopped on I guess.  He doesn't even have a husk of the pit so a couple of guys are a bit butt hurt over that :lol:

I think this thread has turned into Vendetta, io and myself having a conversation between ourselves... lol

If you are doing hard crota kills and need someone who hasn't done them yet this week let me know.

^ Indeed ;).

Vendetta_x360 said:
Ran 2 Oracles-Atheon and 1 Atheon Clear last night. Got 2 Vision of Confluence, so now I don't have to move that gun either :D

And lastly, io, I think the guys were planning a couple hard runs later today/tonight. Will keep you updated! 2nd guy in my group got a Crux yesterday before I hopped on I guess. He doesn't even have a husk of the pit so a couple of guys are a bit butt hurt over that :lol:
I saw you guys were on for a long time. I ended up getting some work done and not playing Destiny at all last night. I'll be working again tonight but logged on to xbox.com on my computer to see any messages so just send me a note and I can hop on for hard Crota (after 8 or 9pm Pacific) if needed.

Here's a couple of interesting links.  The first one is a great Reddit post all about increasing your grimoire score.  I don't see myself trying to max it out, but it could be fun for those looking more to do in Destiny.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2vbt2q/reached_max_grimoire_2860_last_night_here_are/

This next one is intriguing.  There is another chest somewhere in the Vault that hasn't been found yet.  My guess is that it's somewhere in the jumping section.  Any other ideas?

http://planetdestiny.com/another-vault-glass-chest/

The second one has been corrected. The guy misheard the question as "Is there any reason to return to Vault of Glass" or something along those lines. Though "yes" is the wrong answer for that as well unless you haven't gotten Fatebringer or Vex or you need another 100 ascendant shards. I wish there was reason to go back to it other than nostalgia.

And yeah, I toyed with trying to increase my Grimoire score. I have a few more ghosts to find after getting the 50 achievement (just checked http://destinyghosthunter.net and it looks like I have 60/68). And I could boost my score super-quick just by playing Crucible. I have only ever played one match and I think I got a card for both the multiplayer map and game type so I have lots more of those to get. Otherwise there isn't much else - I need shotgun kills but I might as well wait for the PvE boost for that. oh, and I also need to kill a lot more Hydras, apparently.

Heh - apparently 3 of my missing ghosts are in "The Wakening" in the DLC and 2 are in the "Black Garden" on Mars. The other 3 are available on Patrol on 3 different planets. So I might as well knock those out tonight after checking Xur.

Oh, and the Weekly update from Bungie is live. I'm not even linking to it because it says absolutely nothing.

The second one has been corrected. The guy misheard the question as "Is there any reason to return to Vault of Glass" or something along those lines. Though "yes" is the wrong answer for that as well unless you haven't gotten Fatebringer or Vex or you need another 100 ascendant shards. I wish there was reason to go back to it other than nostalgia.

And yeah, I toyed with trying to increase my Grimoire score. I have a few more ghosts to find after getting the 50 achievement (just checked http://destinyghosthunter.net and it looks like I have 60/68). And I could boost my score super-quick just by playing Crucible. I have only ever played one match and I think I got a card for both the multiplayer map and game type so I have lots more of those to get. Otherwise there isn't much else - I need shotgun kills but I might as well wait for the PvE boost for that. oh, and I also need to kill a lot more Hydras, apparently.

Heh - apparently 3 of my missing ghosts are in "The Wakening" in the DLC and 2 are in the "Black Garden" on Mars. The other 3 are available on Patrol on 3 different planets. So I might as well knock those out tonight after checking Xur.

Oh, and the Weekly update from Bungie is live. I'm not even linking to it because it says absolutely nothing.
Yea, the weekly update focuses on Bungie fixing something that nobody wants fixed while ignoring things that need fixed.... classic...

Xur is a waste of time this week, just like the weekly update. No Heavy Ammo, no engrams, all repeat armor and weapons. He is on the right side way down in the bottom if you want to be disappointed in person.

My lunar complex ghost is glitched or I'd have them all. Not spending time to boost my Grimoire score any more. There is enough repetition in this game.

Saint Noir said:
I want to do the weekly strike... never done a heroic or raid. If anyone is playing, let me know. :)
I can help you with it but not until later tonight (like 9pm Pacific or later). I still have a few weekly heroics to run and was probably going to try to do them myself anyway.

I did buy a 3rd Icebreaker and dismantled my 300 attack one. I was only going to upgrade one of them for this DLC and then wait for the next DLC to upgrade the others - but that was back when we expected House of Wolves in March. But I bought one the last time he had it. Now I figure I might as well have 3 max Icebreakers on each character. I have so many primaries to level up I can just do that 3rd Icebreaker along with them.

The one good thing Xur has other than that is the hand cannon and scout rifle telemetries. That matches up perfectly with the 2 best Raid primaries (Word of Crota and Fang of Ir Yut). I'm going to max one out for each character now. I have some sniper telemetries in my inventory so I'll just knock out those + Icebreaker while doing bounties (which also gets my Dead Orbit and other faction ranks up).

Really, it is just something to do plus then it will make hopping on quickly for Raids and such so much easier. As it is, I always forget which character has which guns if I don't store them in my over-crowded Vault. I already have maxed Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, and Black Hammer on each character. After I max Word of Crota, Fang of Ir Yut, and Icebringer for each one, then my only swappable will be G-Horn. Hopefully some day I can get 2 more of those, or at least a stupid Hunger of Crota. I do have a maxed out legendary solar rocket launcher with tracking ability so maybe that is equivalent to (or possibly better) than Hunger of Crota. I don't know what HoC's perks are other than the tracking.

I want to do the weekly strike... never done a heroic or raid. If anyone is playing, let me know. :)

I can help you with it but not until later tonight (like 9pm Pacific or later). I still have a few weekly heroics to run and was probably going to try to do them myself anyway.
I still need to do heroic and a nightfall on one of my characters and will be on soon, too.

Simosaurus - you were right about the Bloodpact shader as a common Roc reward. I did 5 Roc strikes and I got that plus I saw other people get it. No ships for anyone though. I ended up with one legendary engram that turned into Warlock boots.

I was telling simo that with all the ships they have as Roc rewsrds, it was just my luck that I ended up getting two of the very same one (one of the green ones). The odds of getting them at all is pretty small. What are the odds of getting two of the same ones!?

I was hoping to get the Sepkis strike because of the bounty. But of course the game wouldn't give me that. I dropped out of 2 of them and completed 5 - so of those 7 no Sepkis. Actually I was headed there one time but then it booted me out during the flying/loading screen and told me to check my Internet connection - which is BS since it worked just fine to get me immediately back in to the Mars strike for the 3rd time :roll:.

Since I have the Bad Juju bounty on my Warlock I wouldn't mind running Nightfall/Weekly again if some of you guys need an extra. I can get more strike credit that way (I did all those Roc strikes on my Hunter to get Saphhire Wire and because I did the bounties on my Warlock already last night).

Since I have the Bad Juju bounty on my Warlock I wouldn't mind running Nightfall/Weekly again if some of you guys need an extra. I can get more strike credit that way (I did all those Roc strikes on my Hunter to get Saphhire Wire and because I did the bounties on my Warlock already last night).
I'm telling you: Bloodpact is the new Chatterwhite. And yes, I have that Bad Juju bounty too, so next time you see me online, let me know if you want to run some more nightfalls or weeklies.

I have not been victimized by RNG hate with a lot of bloodpact shaders, but I'll be damned, the way they've piled on you, Sim, that's f'd up.  What are you at like 10 in 2015 alone??

I have not been victimized by RNG hate with a lot of bloodpact shaders, but I'll be damned, the way they've piled on you, Sim, that's f'd up. What are you at like 10 in 2015 alone??
I stopped counting at ten. I would guess I have gotten at least 15. Did get another legendary ship last night tho.

I'm telling you: Bloodpact is the new Chatterwhite. And yes, I have that Bad Juju bounty too, so next time you see me online, let me know if you want to run some more nightfalls or weeklies.
Actually Chatterwhite was the new Bloodpact, only no one did strikes frequently when the game came out. I remember doing 25 strikes for my first Bad Juju over two days and I ended up with like 11 Bloodpacts and 7 Achilles (or whatever that Red/Blueish one was). My vault was maxed out on shaders before the actual Vault even came out

Actually Chatterwhite was the new Bloodpact, only no one did strikes frequently when the game came out. I remember doing 25 strikes for my first Bad Juju over two days and I ended up with like 11 Bloodpacts and 7 Achilles (or whatever that Red/Blueish one was). My vault was maxed out on shaders before the actual Vault even came out
See, this again proves that the RNG for this game is glitched. You may have gotten it all the time, but prior to January, I had only ever received one Bloodpact shader. So, the first time it dropped again, I thought, "Hey, it doesn't look bad. I can keep it for my other character." But then I saw another...and another...and another. And I have noticed that while I drops for my 2nd Warlock almost every third strike, I rarely see it drop for my Hunter.

SparkedDev said:
This game any fun? First time hearing of it.

aFrostyONE said:
Yes and No...

Gameplay mechanics are tight, but always remember that it's a Loot-based game (aka you're gonna grind)
But when it comes right down to it, it is HELL of fun. While I complain about it as much as anyone and see all its flaws, I've never spent 700 hours on any other game my entire life (and I'm in my 40's). So take that as you will. I'm also not a big FPS guy and have barely played Halo. I think the loot-based gameplay is what makes it tick for me. It just needs some tweaking and more content to make it an excellent overall game.

I'd be up for a casual VoG run tonight if you guys are. It is 7pm Pacific now and I'm good any time tonight, though I am sort of watching the NBA All-Star game now. I'm done with Crota for the week but would be willing to run it on Normal with people who haven't done it before. We could probably do that with just 4 or 5 people (except the end - need a competent swordbearer). I'm also up for running Nightfall or Heroic Weekly with anyone that needs help. My Warlock needs strikes for the Bad Juju bounty.

I did buy a 3rd Icebreaker and dismantled my 300 attack one. I was only going to upgrade one of them for this DLC and then wait for the next DLC to upgrade the others - but that was back when we expected House of Wolves in March. But I bought one the last time he had it. Now I figure I might as well have 3 max Icebreakers on each character. I have so many primaries to level up I can just do that 3rd Icebreaker along with them.

The one good thing Xur has other than that is the hand cannon and scout rifle telemetries. That matches up perfectly with the 2 best Raid primaries (Word of Crota and Fang of Ir Yut). I'm going to max one out for each character now. I have some sniper telemetries in my inventory so I'll just knock out those + Icebreaker while doing bounties (which also gets my Dead Orbit and other faction ranks up).

Really, it is just something to do plus then it will make hopping on quickly for Raids and such so much easier. As it is, I always forget which character has which guns if I don't store them in my over-crowded Vault. I already have maxed Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, and Black Hammer on each character. After I max Word of Crota, Fang of Ir Yut, and Icebringer for each one, then my only swappable will be G-Horn. Hopefully some day I can get 2 more of those, or at least a stupid Hunger of Crota. I do have a maxed out legendary solar rocket launcher with tracking ability so maybe that is equivalent to (or possibly better) than Hunger of Crota. I don't know what HoC's perks are other than the tracking.
My major issue with Xur was no Heavy Synths again, which makes running Crota that much more of a pain. I know you can do the ammo glitch each time, but that makes it take a lot longer. I bought 25 synths on each character last time, I should have bought twice as many, especially since I have 150+ strange coins and nothing to spend them on. They should sell Heavy synths at least every other week. There is no reason not to, especially since they still haven't fixed the heavy ammo problem. The kotaku article that ChubbyNinja posted last week outlines the problems with how this impacts raiding pretty well.

io, I give you credit for being so dedicated to this game and trying to outfit all your characters with the best weapons. I have so many primaries now I can't even sort out what I would max next. I have enough maxed out that I don't really have to go nuts swapping stuff around. I'd love to have a couple more Black Hammers and a Hunger of Crota, but with 3 icebreakers and 2 g-horn I'm pretty much covered.

Since I didn't play over the weekend I'll have to see if I want to do any last minute clears. Need 1 hard atheon and 3 hard crotas. Could do oracles/templar on 2 characters too. Let's see if I'm motivated enough tonight to do any of that. If anyone is interested in running any of that stuff send me a msg when I'm online.

My major issue with Xur was no Heavy Synths again, which makes running Crota that much more of a pain. I know you can do the ammo glitch each time, but that makes it take a lot longer. I bought 25 synths on each character last time, I should have bought twice as many, especially since I have 150+ strange coins and nothing to spend them on. They should sell Heavy synths at least every other week. There is no reason not to, especially since they still haven't fixed the heavy ammo problem. The kotaku article that ChubbyNinja posted last week outlines the problems with how this impacts raiding pretty well.

io, I give you credit for being so dedicated to this game and trying to outfit all your characters with the best weapons. I have so many primaries now I can't even sort out what I would max next. I have enough maxed out that I don't really have to go nuts swapping stuff around. I'd love to have a couple more Black Hammers and a Hunger of Crota, but with 3 icebreakers and 2 g-horn I'm pretty much covered.

Since I didn't play over the weekend I'll have to see if I want to do any last minute clears. Need 1 hard atheon and 3 hard crotas. Could do oracles/templar on 2 characters too. Let's see if I'm motivated enough tonight to do any of that. If anyone is interested in running any of that stuff send me a msg when I'm online.
Maybe it is just the crew I run it with but I've been getting through by having only like 2-3 synth's per character. We shoot primary every sword for the first down and shoot rockets on the 2nd. Plus there is the equipping a heavy with Surplus perk and switching to get double rockets.

Xur wasn't a complete dickwad for me this week I guess. I got to upgrade my Light Beyond Nemesis and bought the Alpha Lupi chest to complete my exotic collection on my hunter.

I still have a gatekeeper clear to try to get that damn Timepiece so if you see me on, I'd probably be down.

EDIT: I took two days off from the game again like I did 2 weeks ago because I was feeling burnt again. Sometime it just feels like a chore playing. I think I'm good to go and ready for the reset tonight though. I have a feeling once FF Type-0 comes out that I won't be on very much. ;)

Also c'mon Bungie, I mean unless it really is RNG for Xur's wares, wouldn't Red Death have been perfect for Valentines Day weekend? Just sayin'

Maybe it is just the crew I run it with but I've been getting through by having only like 2-3 synth's per character. We shoot primary every sword for the first down and shoot rockets on the 2nd. Plus there is the equipping a heavy with Surplus perk and switching to get double rockets.

Xur wasn't a complete dickwad for me this week I guess. I got to upgrade my Light Beyond Nemesis and bought the Alpha Lupi chest to complete my exotic collection on my hunter.

I still have a gatekeeper clear to try to get that damn Timepiece so if you see me on, I'd probably be down.

EDIT: I took two days off from the game again like I did 2 weeks ago because I was feeling burnt again. Sometime it just feels like a chore playing. I think I'm good to go and ready for the reset tonight though. I have a feeling once FF Type-0 comes out that I won't be on very much. ;)

Also c'mon Bungie, I mean unless it really is RNG for Xur's wares, wouldn't Red Death have been perfect for Valentines Day weekend? Just sayin'
Yea, running with a good crew would probably help me a bit more than the randoms from lfg, lol.

I played a bit the last two nights - trying to get at least one Word of Crota maxed for each character. I'm almost there. I didn't see a lot of other people on over the weekend - people are definitely taking a break.

Hopefully my group will want to do 2 runs tonight. We only did one last week then they all jumped off to play Evolve together. My problem this week is that my mother is visiting and she sleeps in the room where the X1 is, so all of my late night game playing will be put on hold for a week (starting Weds).

So I'll be rushing to finish up everything I can at reset and again on Tuesday evening/night. I'll totally be up for Nightfalls and more Crota runs Tuesday. If the CAG crew wants to do another Normal clear Tuesday (and maybe we can draft Vendetta as swordbearer ;)) I'd be up for that. Vendetta - if your group is running Hard or Normal/Hard on Tuesday count me in if there's a spot.

I was running Roc strikes and a couple people were rocking the Necrochasm. One guy was obviously trying to show it off because he kept shooting me with it. I wasn't impressed with the wide spread on the bullets though. He was often missing me entirely from not that far away ;). It did seem like stuff exploded quite a bit when he was using it on the enemies though. If I can just get that damn Crux this week then I don't need to worry about the reset next week since I might miss out on it.

Has anyone had the Crux drop on a character that has done a normal crota kill first?  Was just running crota with some people that said that if you clear normal first you cannot get the crux on a subsequent hard kill because you already got a chance at the exotic loot table on your normal clear.  Can anyone confirm or deny?

I played a bit the last two nights - trying to get at least one Word of Crota maxed for each character. I'm almost there. I didn't see a lot of other people on over the weekend - people are definitely taking a break.

Hopefully my group will want to do 2 runs tonight. We only did one last week then they all jumped off to play Evolve together. My problem this week is that my mother is visiting and she sleeps in the room where the X1 is, so all of my late night game playing will be put on hold for a week (starting Weds).

So I'll be rushing to finish up everything I can at reset and again on Tuesday evening/night. I'll totally be up for Nightfalls and more Crota runs Tuesday. If the CAG crew wants to do another Normal clear Tuesday (and maybe we can draft Vendetta as swordbearer ;)) I'd be up for that. Vendetta - if your group is running Hard or Normal/Hard on Tuesday count me in if there's a spot.

I was running Roc strikes and a couple people were rocking the Necrochasm. One guy was obviously trying to show it off because he kept shooting me with it. I wasn't impressed with the wide spread on the bullets though. He was often missing me entirely from not that far away ;). It did seem like stuff exploded quite a bit when he was using it on the enemies though. If I can just get that damn Crux this week then I don't need to worry about the reset next week since I might miss out on it.
I'll be more than happy to be the sword guy for you all.

And I'm sure we can fit you in, even if the group is full, I can opt out as I really only want to do runs on Crota for the potential exotic drop (and for 2 more Black Hammers on Normal). I will tell the guys tonight to get you in on a few runs. They all are cool running things with you so it shouldn't be a problem at all.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Has anyone had the Crux drop on a character that has done a normal crota kill first? Was just running crota with some people that said that if you clear normal first you cannot get the crux on a subsequent hard kill because you already got a chance at the exotic loot table on your normal clear. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Hmmm - Can't say for sure I've seen people get it on Hard after running Normal. The last 3 weeks I've done some combination of the two. The last 2 weeks before this week I did two hard runs first, then a Normal/Hard combo. This week I only did one hard-first run and then two normal/hard combos. In any case, I've had plenty of Hard mode kills without running normal first and still no Crux for me one way or the other.

Vendetta_x360 said:
I'll be more than happy to be the sword guy for you all.

And I'm sure we can fit you in, even if the group is full, I can opt out as I really only want to do runs on Crota for the potential exotic drop (and for 2 more Black Hammers on Normal). I will tell the guys tonight to get you in on a few runs. They all are cool running things with you so it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Thanks. I ought to be available after like 9pm Pacific tomorrow (and maybe for a short time around 4-5 pm if we want to do that CAG run then - I just have to leave the house at 5:45).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back