Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad the dataminer was correct on Xur.  I'll pick up at least the Warlock Helm I don't have.  Not sure about the others, don't like re buying stuff for better rolls, but not much else to do. 

Thanks for posting that article, I'll have to check it out when I get some time to read through it.  That is the one thing about this game, it is just flat out fun and I'm not even sure why.  I guess the FPS elements are done well, the guns have a great feel to them, and even though I have done everything 1000 times and I have all the weapons I find myself still wanting to play.  

The weekly update is a complete waste of time so don't even bother reading it because I can summarize it for you here.  "We just released update 1.1.1, there will be a 1.1.2 version before House of Wolves comes out but we don't have any details for you now".  

Edit: 

Speaking of the data miner he says next week Nightfall is Archon with all 3 burns and Weekly is Archon with void burn.

Also says that these items are schedule to be sold bu Xur soon, but says he will no longer provide a detailed list each week to deter bungie from changing items:

Crest of Alpha Lupi

Obsidian Mind

Ruin Wings

Apotheosis Veil

MIDA Multi Tool

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad the dataminer was correct on Xur. I'll pick up at least the Warlock Helm I don't have. Not sure about the others, don't like re buying stuff for better rolls, but not much else to do.

Thanks for posting that article, I'll have to check it out when I get some time to read through it. That is the one thing about this game, it is just flat out fun and I'm not even sure why. I guess the FPS elements are done well, the guns have a great feel to them, and even though I have done everything 1000 times and I have all the weapons I find myself still wanting to play.

The weekly update is a complete waste of time so don't even bother reading it because I can summarize it for you here. "We just released update 1.1.1, there will be a 1.1.2 version before House of Wolves comes out but we don't have any details for you now".

Edit:

Speaking of the data miner he says next week Nightfall is Archon with all 3 burns and Weekly is Archon with void burn.

Also says that these items are schedule to be sold bu Xur soon, but says he will no longer provide a detailed list each week to deter bungie from changing items:

Crest of Alpha Lupi

Obsidian Mind

Ruin Wings

Apotheosis Veil

MIDA Multi Tool
I'm kinda wondering about Ruin Wings because the pictures Megaman posted on reddit show No Back Up Plans...

If the Veil has a better roll than mine, I will probably snag it. I'm debating upgrading my Mask of The Third man but with only a +14 INT, it probably can't persuade me enough to do so...

Grabbed the Skull and Saint-14. Now I get to do lots of maintenance and do bounties and farm glimmer so I can have everything upgraded. Oh yeah and still try for FWC and Dead Orbit drops, but my RNG for those is atrocious...

Vendetta_x360 said:
Grabbed the Skull and Saint-14. Now I get to do lots of maintenance and do bounties and farm glimmer so I can have everything upgraded. Oh yeah and still try for FWC and Dead Orbit drops, but my RNG for those is atrocious...
Let me know if you are grinding for bounties. I did the last 2 days worth of bounties on all 3 characters by myself and it was kind of time consuming. I got two Dead Orbit ranks and one FWC rank - got a bunch of crap from all 3 (energy, shards, commendations). Seriously, I'm going to have like 30 Crucible commendations here soon and they are useless since I don't even have rank 1 in Crucible on any characters. I guess next time I do Iron Banner I shouldn't wear my Dead Orbit item so I can actually get my Crucible rank up. I completely forgot about that the whole week of the last Iron Banner. I mean, I forgot Crucible rank was even a thing. But if, by some chance, they offer something good there with the next expansion I might as well be in position to be able to buy it. Having the marks and the commendations but not the rank would be stupid...

But hey - I did finally get a different ship (than the green one) from a Roc strike. I got one of the chunky ones - in orange...

So what I'm doing now in the game is just leveling up those factions, maxing out exotics I never otherwise use, and running around trying to get shotgun kills since I was at like 21 before this week. Now I'm at 496.

Other than that I still need one more Crota Lamp/Abyss run on hard, and 3 Atheon kills (I haven't been doing this in recent weeks but I might as well for the exotic drop chance). I'm not sure if I want to deal with LFG for Atheon kills though. So I forget, do you get a double chance for an exotic on Hard for Atheon (and Crota for that matter?). Or should I just do Normal?

So I was planning a trip to take with one of my kids later this month and I found myself actually considering Destiny reset day as a factor in the timing. In the end, it didn't have much effect. I'll actually be leaving on Monday and not able to play again until the following Monday. So I'll miss an entire week but will have a chance on that second Monday night to catch up on Nightfalls and Gorgon chest at least, if not Crota. I might ask you for help on that Vendetta (on March 30th). Though if I still don't have Hunger of Crota by that time maybe I can see if I can LFG 3 Normal Crota kills really quick before the reset that day.

And hey, I hear the time is changing again this weekend. So I guess that means we are back to 2am resets, right? That's too bad - I really liked the 1am time better.

Let me know if you are grinding for bounties.

But hey - I did finally get a different ship (than the green one) from a Roc strike. I got one of the chunky ones - in orange...

Other than that I still need one more Crota Lamp/Abyss run on hard, and 3 Atheon kills (I haven't been doing this in recent weeks but I might as well for the exotic drop chance). I'm not sure if I want to deal with LFG for Atheon kills though. So I forget, do you get a double chance for an exotic on Hard for Atheon (and Crota for that matter?). Or should I just do Normal?

So I was planning a trip to take with one of my kids later this month and I found myself actually considering Destiny reset day as a factor in the timing. In the end, it didn't have much effect. I'll actually be leaving on Monday and not able to play again until the following Monday. So I'll miss an entire week but will have a chance on that second Monday night to catch up on Nightfalls and Gorgon chest at least, if not Crota. I might ask you for help on that Vendetta (on March 30th). Though if I still don't have Hunger of Crota by that time maybe I can see if I can LFG 3 Normal Crota kills really quick before the reset that day.

And hey, I hear the time is changing again this weekend. So I guess that means we are back to 2am resets, right? That's too bad - I really liked the 1am time better.
If you see me on and I'm not doing strikes, I'm doing bounties so feel free to join me. I have a lot of stuff I still have to level up both exotic weapon and armor wise. Plus I still need to level up a couple of Raid Weapons.

Nice on the ship! My RNG is complete dog shit for ships and shaders. Heck I still haven't gotten the Crota Sparrow. :wall:

I'd be down for some quick Atheon kills though! I would like to run Oracles - Atheon on my Titan just to get the VoG Arms and Chest though...

And yeah no problem helping you man!

Vendetta - I did get a No Land Beyond on my Titan (the first HM Crota kill we did tonight). Since it is at the post I'll just leave it there. I'm starting to use the post as extra storage on things like shaders and legendary weapons I get from strikes and stuff. Now I actually try to have my inventory full so that I can get stuff sent there instead.

Vendetta - I did get a No Land Beyond on my Titan (the first HM Crota kill we did tonight). Since it is at the post I'll just leave it there. I'm starting to use the post as extra storage on things like shaders and legendary weapons I get from strikes and stuff. Now I actually try to have my inventory full so that I can get stuff sent there instead.
So that makes what like 3 NLB that dropped last night? :wall: And of course Chobo got the damn Red Death. The game is trolling me. That has been probably 5 out of the last 6 weeks I've seen a Red Death drop for someone I was raiding or doing an activity with. :bomb:

I'll keep at it though. I will not be deterred from that damn gun!

That was pretty smooth for the most part, minus the time Chobo's buddy shot the rocket way too early and Crota didn't go down and Chobo got his face chopped off. Or when you guys almost had Crota down with just primary and he regened his health and I got chopped in half. :lol:

Kind of funny looking back. We used to struggle with 6 people and now we can 5 man (or in the group's case at reset, with 4 essentially) and kill Crota without much hassle. Hell Deathsinger is probably harder than Crota at this point. That was my 3rd Hard Crota kill just this week (running sword) so I think I can officially say that I can wield the sword. So maybe at reset on Tuesday, I'll wield so CHammer can get stuff on his Warlock.

EDIT: So now that I am so close to having all exotics the only things to go for are ships and shaders aside from leveling stuff up. Has anyone ever seen The Fermi Solution ship in orbit?

f9a265139e619b78249ad02d88e7e68c.jpg

I want this thing so bad!

I know most everyone seems to want the Dead Orbit Shaders but I actually really want 2 of the Future War Cult ones.

Nineveh 8611 and the Tyre 4770.

maxresdefault.jpg

^Nineveh 8611 (Looks like shit with that helmet though, I think it'd look awesome with the Raid Helm!)

I know I am not the first one to do so (far from it) but I just ran the lamps by myself and feel a deep sense of pride.    :D/

In related news:  I have a bridge checkpoint if anyone wants to join me there tonight or tomorrow.  

Yeah as well you should. I'm still lost in there, if I'm not following someone, I have no idea where to go.
Ha. That's usually me too, so that's why I'm so proud. It took me 4 attempts and on third one I got turned around and after a lot of running and dodging found myself back looking at the ring of torches at the entrance and thought, "Well fuck ..." The 4th run went pretty smooth though.

I have not seen that ship. I'll be on later tonight (11pm Pacific or so) if you want to run Atheon or whatever.

I have not seen that ship. I'll be on later tonight (11pm Pacific or so) if you want to run Atheon or whatever.

Have you guys seen this "What If" video?  If those changes got implemented it would be so epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKz4Bx0GRUc&t=41

You probably already know this, but keep in mind that the postmaster can only store 20 items max. If you earn more "lost" items, then the postmaster will delete the oldest ones. I've lost a few good weapons (like The Devil You Know) because I was playing Vanguard Roc strikes and didn't realize the blue engrams were filling up my post inventory faster than I could go back to the tower and pick them up.

You probably already know this, but keep in mind that the postmaster can only store 20 items max. If you earn more "lost" items, then the postmaster will delete the oldest ones. I've lost a few good weapons (like The Devil You Know) because I was playing Vanguard Roc strikes and didn't realize the blue engrams were filling up my post inventory faster than I could go back to the tower and pick them up.
20 items per character or 20 over all 3 characters?

Have you guys seen this "What If" video? If those changes got implemented it would be so epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKz4Bx0GRUc&t=41
That video was not only extremely well done, it had some great ideas. I have never thought a weapons shader would be a good idea until I saw that.

Destiny 2
U mean "Destiny - We're calling it an major expansion, but it is what the first two expansions probably should have been in the first place, but we're bent on making this a yearly franchise kinda thing so we're going to string you along and laugh at you while we dick with you behind the scenes?" that's coming in September, or, like the real Destiny 2 that'll likely come out in 2017??

U mean "Destiny - We're calling it an major expansion, but it is what the first two expansions probably should have been in the first place, but we're bent on making this a yearly franchise kinda thing so we're going to string you along and laugh at you while we dick with you behind the scenes?" that's coming in September, or, like the real Destiny 2 that'll likely come out in 2016??
ftfy

A small glitch on my destiny app. My Titan is wearing Glasshouse and Ruin Wings (and raid arms, the spikes are poking through the shoulders).

This week all I've done is NF x 2, Weekly x 2, Gorgon chest x2, Atheon x 2, Deathsinger x 2, and Crota x 1.

Until HoW drops this is probably all I will do. Pretty much just trying to get that Gally.[attachment=12884:image.jpg]

Anybody raiding tonight? I'd really like to get some radiant shards, so getting the first two Crota checkpoints and the chest just before the death singer would be perfect.

Anybody raiding tonight? I'd really like to get some radiant shards, so getting the first two Crota checkpoints and the chest just before the death singer would be perfect.
I'd be up for something. Like I said, I have a bridge checkpoint too if you want to skip the lamps.

I can be free any time after 6 Central to about midnight.  I can potentially bring one more too if we need it but would have to check with him.  He is a lvl 29 Titan.  

It would have to be after 8pm Pacific for me. I might be able to start around 7 but I'll be watching my kids then - so may be distracted...

It would have to be after 8pm Pacific for me. I might be able to start around 7 but I'll be watching my kids then - so may be distracted...
How long does a run usually take? I remember reading 2-3 hours back when it launched. 8 Pacific may be pushing it a bit for me but may be possible.

pROvIs said:
How long does a run usually take? I remember reading 2-3 hours back when it launched. 8 Pacific may be pushing it a bit for me but may be possible.
It depends on how good you guys are ;). But a normal VoG run shouldn't take more than an hour to an hour and a half tops. I just want to kill Atheon for the exotic chance (preferably 3 times tonight) but I'm willing to go through the rest for fun. We can switch out a character at the end to get the checkpoint and kill him 3 times (if others have alternate characters that is).

We'll find out pretty quickly if we will be able to handle it in a decent amount of time. If we have trouble getting the initial door open that is not a good sign. Then if we struggle at the first "real" part (Confluxes), it points to a long night. But if we get through those parts without too much trouble then we ought to be able to handle the rest pretty quickly.

Like I said I can probably start around 7pm Pacific if that helps. My wife will be out until 8:15 or so and I'll have my 7 and 5 year-olds probably with me in the room so that will be distracting. But I think I can multitask that and Normal VoG.

simosaurus said:
Send me a note when you get online. I should be good until 11:30 Eastern Time.
Hmmm... Well, not it sounds like maybe you, me, and Bear. That's not enough. Maybe I'll hop on at 7 and do some bounties and if enough people are on we can run VoG. I'll be playing after reset (which is now 2am Pacific) so I don't want to spend too much time this evening on Destiny.

Hmmm... Well, not it sounds like maybe you, me, and Bear. That's not enough. Maybe I'll hop on at 7 and do some bounties and if enough people are on we can run VoG. I'll be playing after reset (which is now 2am Pacific) so I don't want to spend too much time this evening on Destiny.
I could be on after 11:00 est but I have never done it before I wouldnt want to slow you guys up too much. I also could use a lot of help with the Nightfall if possible. I have the Pocket Infinity bounty to do and havent had any luck trying to solo it so far.

I can join VoG after 7:30pm PT today if you guys still need a player.   Send me a msg on XBL, I have the Smartglass app on my phone so even if I'm not on, I can jump on shortly.

Ugh I didn't even think about reset being at 2AM PST... 3AM for me. Maybe I'll just go to sleep then get up shortly before. Man that is going to make us be more efficient if we continue to marathon the raid every week. Oh and can I join the clan so I can get the clan achievement?

EDIT: Nevermind! I just joined it and set it as clan. :D

ajh2298 said:
I could be on after 11:00 est but I have never done it before I wouldnt want to slow you guys up too much. I also could use a lot of help with the Nightfall if possible. I have the Pocket Infinity bounty to do and havent had any luck trying to solo it so far.
Yeah, no problem. We're here to help.

LinkinPrime said:
I can join VoG after 7:30pm PT today if you guys still need a player. Send me a msg on XBL, I have the Smartglass app on my phone so even if I'm not on, I can jump on shortly.
It turns out I can't be on until around 7:30 as well, so that works out.

Vendetta_x360 said:
Ugh I didn't even think about reset being at 2AM PST... 3AM for me. Maybe I'll just go to sleep then get up shortly before. Man that is going to make us be more efficient if we continue to marathon the raid every week. Oh and can I join the clan so I can get the clan achievement?

EDIT: Nevermind! I just joined it and set it as clan. :D
Wow - I'm surprised you don't have the clan achievement already! I actually got it with the CAG group the very first time Broly led us through the VoG ages ago. I only joined the other clan so they could get it later when they were doing VoG hard mode.

Wow - I'm surprised you don't have the clan achievement already! I actually got it with the CAG group the very first time Broly led us through the VoG ages ago. I only joined the other clan so they could get it later when they were doing VoG hard mode.
Yeah it honestly has just skipped my mind. Figured if we go for the Flawless raider again, I should probably pop that while we are doing it so that I can have the completion. Then I'm gonna redbox the 360 version and pop it in to get another 1000 gamerscore :D

LinkinPrime said:
Always late to the party...
I see the team is full.
Nah, that was just a Crota kill that Simo invited me to.

Then we didn't have enough for VoG. We managed to get the door open with just 4, though it took a while. There was also a new glitch where it didn't open once the spire was completed. I'd never seen that before. I used the sparrow trick to get inside and then the door opened.

We showed ajh the conflux part and actually made it nearly to the end of the second wave even after Simo left - so that was encouraging. But we really need 6 people to make it a much easier. smoother experience. So you guys that haven't done it before need to set up a time and we can run you through it then. Maybe next Saturday or Sunday evening.

Vendetta - my message was to invite you to that Crota hard mode with Simo and Rad. The swordbearer they had was not that good. Though I really think it was lag that was causing most of the problems. Then we switched over to VoG anyway.

Linkin - the problem you are having with not being able to join is something I had before I did a hard reset of my Xbox (turning it off completely by holding the power button). Did you do that? If you did, well, then I don't know what was going on.

I'm trying to decide if I want to LFG some Atheon kills for the exotic chance. Does running hard mode on Atheon give you a double exotic chance or should I just make it easy and go Normal? Or maybe I'll just run bounties on my Titan to get my newer Saint-14 helm maxed out before our Crota runs after reest.

Knocked out a bunch of bounties on my Titan and then my Hunter.

I finally got a Dead Orbit shader at rank 13. It was Bittersteel.

Then we didn't have enough for VoG. We managed to get the door open with just 4, though it took a while. There was also a new glitch where it didn't open once the spire was completed. I'd never seen that before. I used the sparrow trick to get inside and then the door opened.

Vendetta - my message was to invite you to that Crota hard mode with Simo and Rad. The swordbearer they had was not that good. Though I really think it was lag that was causing most of the problems. Then we switched over to VoG anyway.

Linkin - the problem you are having with not being able to join is something I had before I did a hard reset of my Xbox (turning it off completely by holding the power button). Did you do that? If you did, well, then I don't know what was going on.
Last night was just not my night. Rad invited me into Crota and it was glitching like crazy. We should have known to pull the plug sooner because the first time we went after Crota after I joined we fired about six rockets at him and didn't make a dent in his shields. Rad, sorry I bailed but that just didn't seem to be happening. You guys probably got it done 5 minutes after I left, with my luck.

And that VoG glitch with the door was weird. See, Destiny can still surprise us!

12 exotic chances tonight (Gorgon chest x 3, Deathsinger x 3, Crota x 3, Nightfall x 3) and I got 2 exotics I get frequently. I got Hard Light from the Nightfall and No Land Beyond from Crota. Yay... Besides Thunderlord, those are the two I get the most. I got two Hard Light in the same week a few weeks back.

And for yet another week, I did not get Hunger of Crota. The game can't even give me Shroud of Flies (the Hunter class item from Crota). I only ever got the Titan and Warlock ones once. Meanwhile the Gorgon chest gave me 2 more VoG class items (like it seems to do every week).

Blah - still want to do Atheon some time this week for the exotic chance there though.

Had a little bit of luck this morning ran the daily on the level 26 difficulty and 2 of the 3 blue drops turned into legendary weapons. A fusion rifle(plug?) and the LDR sniper rifle.

Yea sorry guys, I couldn't really stay on last night to run raid.  The twins kept waking up and my son has been sick so I knew I would end up getting called away constantly.  I was mostly getting on destiny to make sure my bounty list was cleaned up for the reset.  

If you guys are setting up a full run at some point let me know, but earlier in the week is a better time for me.  I try to get all the weekly stuff done Tuesday and then clean up the other stuff throughout the week.  With the number of people here playing dwindling it is difficult to get a team together right before reset.  I'm sure LFG is a bit hectic at that time too with everyone trying to get their last crota kills in.

io, looks like you got a ton of weekly stuff out of the way just a few hours after the reset.  If you are going to run Atheon, just do hard mode.  I have picked up a few Vex and a Ghorn that way.  I'm not sure if you get double exotic chance from doing normal then hard, but doesn't seem worth it to me.  

This lack of a Hunger of Crota drop is bullshit.  If I don't get it this week that will be 40+ raid completions without it dropping.  

Also the predictor was right, Nightfall is Archon with all burns and Weekly is Archon with void burn.  I'll be on around 8pm eastern tonight if anyone wants to run them.

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I was just heading to bed. I haven't played a ton on my Xbox lately and it has been ages since I've been in Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back