Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started it up to get the patch and it is 4.3 GB, not 6. It looked like it was making good progress but I'm just letting it run.

I gotta do my taxes tonight (yeah, last minute, I know - but since I have to pay some this year for like the first time ever I was in no hurry). But hopefully I can hop on for a Nightfall or two.

Ryuukishi said:
Does anyone know, will the One download this patch automatically, or can it only be downloaded in-game?
I dunno but mine was in standby mode and it didn't start to download until I started the game.

simosaurus said:
Oh man... Helmet, ship, and hunger of crota from my first raid of the night!

GLOCKGLOCK said:
*io smashing his head against the keyboard*
Indeed. So I got what, Light of the Abyss from that CAG run? I just finished two more quick Crota kills with Vendetta and I got another Light of the Abyss and a Swordbreaker. M-F-ing game...

Oh man... Helmet, ship, and hunger of crota from my first raid of the night!
I ended up having my SECOND Hunger of Crota in my postmaster after one of the raids last night :D. I also got a 3rd Suros later on. I now have 3 of almost every exotic, one for each character. I still need 1 more Gally.

Very disappointed in the continued lack of content from Bungie. This does not make me want to buy their next iteration, to be honest. I gave up almost all my other gaming for this game, and I don't feel the same dedication from Bungie towards their own game. Now the one things that kept me playing won't happenfor a very long time, if ever, for me (doing a Raid blind with gear that is good enough to give us a chance).

Yeah, I'd have to say the most fun I ever had with this game was going into the Crota raid blind right after it went live. The horde mode thing sounds interesting and I'm sure it will be fun, but like I said before, that should have been in addition to a new Raid. They might have made up for the scarce content of TBD if they had provided that new mode in addition to a new strike, Raid, and 3 story missions in HoW.

Now it sounds like we are getting the same content but with a "cheaper" new game mode instead of the Raid. By cheaper I mean something much easier for them to develop. Let's face it - wave-based PvE, presumably in a fixed arena setting, doesn't take nearly the coding that an entire new Raid with new areas and mechanics does. Sure, Crota was full of glitches at first, but it was playable and for the first people through who didn't know about the cheeses yet, it was damn challenging.

And Trials of Osiris sounds like it is only for hard core PvP players, so that is step back from Iron Banner, which I was just getting used to. From what I've heard they are removing Iron Banner completely too. If that is the case, that is pretty lame - at least maintain them both for some variety.

At this point, I really only want like 3 things:

-3rd Gjallarhorn

-3rd Black Hammer

-Nineveh, Tyre, or Carthage Shader from FWC.  Meaning I will probably get Babylon (which I think looks worst of the 4).

I don't even care about getting a ship from FWC.  It looks pretty ordinary.  Of course I keep getting Armor and Weapons (though I did get an Arc FWC Sniper this week).

I have the Crota CP but wouldn't mind 2 runs to Deathsingers and even 2 Crota kills.  I already have a clear on my hunter, but if someone else can run sword twice we can recycle the checkpoint and I can run sword a few times.  :)

Since I only killed Crota and nothing else on 2 of my characters I'd be up for a couple of full runs as well. ajh - you have Crota now, right? We should take you through it.

Already done all 3 on hard :(, and 2 Atheons on Hard.

I only want a few things, including a 3rd Gjallarhorn, the dead orbit ship/shader, aaaand (I gave up on Bane of Dark Gods. Have another Crux before I could get a single ship. Now everyone has them)...? I did finally get a cool New Monarchy shader (my 1st faction ship or shader). I have never seen any of FWC shaders orships. I have friends with 3 Dead Orbit shaders & a ship. I couldn't have cared less about New Monarchy shader before I got it, but I'll take what I can get (and I do like on my warlock).

Since I only killed Crota and nothing else on 2 of my characters I'd be up for a couple of full runs as well. ajh - you have Crota now, right? We should take you through it.
Would love to be able to but I am out of town for a few days.

Already done all 3 on hard :(, and 2 Atheons on Hard.

I only want a few things, including a 3rd Gjallarhorn, the dead orbit ship/shader, aaaand (I gave up on Bane of Dark Gods. Have another Crux before I could get a single ship. Now everyone has them)...? I did finally get a cool New Monarchy shader (my 1st faction ship or shader). I have never seen any of FWC shaders orships. I have friends with 3 Dead Orbit shaders & a ship. I couldn't have cared less about New Monarchy shader before I got it, but I'll take what I can get (and I do like on my warlock).
I'm like the opposite of you. I think I have 3 of the ship but I have yet to get a single Sparrow from all the Crota kills I've had.

And apparently I got my ships mixed up, because outside of getting Fermi Solution, I guess I really cared more about shaders. The Monarchy one looks very plain to me. The War Cult one is cool but I want the shaders dammit! :)

FWC Ship Teilhard War:

maxresdefault.jpg

New Monarchy Ship (The Visible Hand):

4ZJ4YDZ.jpg

Hey, I did not expect to be on tonight, but I will be in a few minutes.  If anyone wants to do Nightfall, send me a message.  Also, I'm looking for the Gorgon CP if anyone has it still.

Edit:  Got it last night.  If anyone else needs Gorgon CP, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time in 2015 I haven't checked what Xur was selling before leaving for work. 

Also the extra vault space lasted about one day for me as I now have filled it will more weapons.  I need to just bite the bullet and shard stuff soon.

How are you guys still doing Hard Crota kills?  Every group I find is a trainwreck.

This is the first time in 2015 I haven't checked what Xur was selling before leaving for work.
Oooooh yeah, Xur. *googles inventory* Nope, not signing in for that.

I did launch Deatiny to run the update the other day. I might run a couple nightfalls this weekend since Sepiks is so easy and if people are on sometime I'd raid, preferably VOG. Only playing for G-Horn until Wolves drops, but without a raid I don't know how long it will hold my interest; horde was my favorite part of Gears.

No one was on last night to help me transfer the Gorgon checkpoint so I lost that.

Then I went on to LFG and got in two Nightfalls. I got a Helm of Inmost Light with a worse roll than the one I have and some legendary weapon. Nightfall is pretty easy this week though: Archon Priest with all burns.

The two guys I was with wanted to do some Crota so I went ahead and did that. In the first run I got yet another Thunderlord (like my 6th or 7th) from Deathsinger and a No Land Beyond from Crota. D'oh! I saw at least 4 other No Land Beyonds drop from Deathsinger/Crota over 2 runs so that seems to be the "exotic of the week" this week.

But on run #2, I finally got Hunger of Crota! Yeah, sure, it took 40+ Normal Crota clears but I finally got that stupid gun. I didn't realize it has nearly identical stats to Gjallarhorn plus it also has cluster bombs! I really had no idea. I thought it was just a tracking rocket. But it is much better than my other tracking solar legendary. I also got a ship last night which is the first time in months I've gotten one of those (and first time on that character). The drops did seem a little different - another guy got his first ever Swordbreaker and another person got their first class item. Maybe with the latest patch they tweaked the drops to give you more stuff you didn't already have?

So now the only thing I'm missing from the Crota raid is the Hunter class item.

Still looking for another Nightfall and one more Crots run tonight if any CAGs are up for that.

No one was on last night to help me transfer the Gorgon checkpoint so I lost that.Then I went on to LFG and got in two Nightfalls. I got a Helm of Inmost Light with a worse roll than the one I have and some legendary weapon. Nightfall is pretty easy this week though: Archon Priest with all burns.The two guys I was with wanted to do some Crota so I went ahead and did that. In the first run I got yet another Thunderlord (like my 6th or 7th) from Deathsinger and a No Land Beyond from Crota. D'oh! I saw at least 4 other No Land Beyonds drop from Deathsinger/Crota over 2 runs so that seems to be the "exotic of the week" this week.But on run #2, I finally got Hunger of Crota! Yeah, sure, it took 40+ Normal Crota clears but I finally got that stupid gun. I didn't realize it has nearly identical stats to Gjallarhorn plus it also has cluster bombs! I really had no idea. I thought it was just a tracking rocket. But it is much better than my other tracking solar legendary. I also got a ship last night which is the first time in months I've gotten one of those (and first time on that character). The drops did seem a little different - another guy got his first ever Swordbreaker and another person got their first class item. Maybe with the latest patch they tweaked the drops to give you more stuff you didn't already have?So now the only thing I'm missing from the Crota raid is the Hunter class item.Still looking for another Nightfall and one more Crots run tonight if any CAGs are up for that.
I have gorgon CP. I was too tired last night. I tried to stay up but couldn't. I'll give it to you

My buddy needs/wants Foil so I helped him out. we did oracles to Templar so I have it on 2 guys. I also have deathsingers on all 3 too.

Glad you finally got the Hunger of Crota after all those runs!

I did not play much last week after the runs we had last Tuesday.  I did do some HM Crota kills hoping to get the sparrow I didn't have but didn't have any luck.  No dice on the Foil either, but I only ran it once.  Decided I'd wait to see what the reveal said about upgrade paths before I spent more time doing upgrades.

I will be on in a few hours to do some nightfall and weekly stuff.  Possibly some crota kills as well if anyone is still playing.

My luck continued today. I pulled a Gjallarhorn (my 3rd) out of the Gorgon chest. Thanks Vendetta! I was prepared to just skip that chest this week - glad I didn't.

On the flip side, I hit yet another Dead Orbit rank with just garbage rewards. I'm up to like 18 now with only Bittersteel to show for it (and that seems to be the one everyone gets).

I also ended up with 2 No Land Beyond from Crota ;).

Got Fatebringer last night and CE took way too long tonight, but I got Bane of the Dark Gods and the Crux. Also, I got another helm with a much better roll. Just maxed the other, but oh well.

I'm really thinking they secretly improved the Crota drops with that last patch. That was your first Crux, right?

I'm really thinking they secretly improved the Crota drops with that last patch. That was your first Crux, right?
Yup. I agree they must have tweaked something. My luck can't have improved this much in the past couple weeks.

Anyone want to set up something for Friday or Saturday night? I have the DLC now so I can do Crota or VoG plus I still need to run the nightfall this week. Can be in after 10:00 est either night.

Anyone want to set up something for Friday or Saturday night? I have the DLC now so I can do Crota or VoG plus I still need to run the nightfall this week. Can be in after 10:00 est either night.
I'll probably be on both nights. Message me once you're online.

This was the first time since TDB came out that I didn't do any Crota runs on a Tuesday.  I did knock out the Nightfall/Weekly combo on all 3 characters (including one run with io/Foxy where they both pulled exotics and I got zip). 

Only a couple hours until the reveal of the Reef and the upgrade paths.  The video did show Fatebringer getting upgraded to 365 along with VoG and TDB raid armor that pushed the light level to 34.  It looked like there was an extra node at the beginning of the upgrade tree that allowed the items to be upgradable.  I wonder what that means.  Not sure how they are going to handle this but it wouldn't surprise me if anyone can get to max level again without much of a grind.

Exciting news from the Bungie twitch stream today:

• all past and current weapons and armor can be upgraded to new light levels (365 Fatebringer confirmed; remember when they said Vex Mythoclast would be locked in to current max levels? nope, 365 Mythoclast confirmed; still hanging on to your trusty old 300 Shadow Price?  365 Shadow Price confirmed)

• new DLC weapons can all be reforged via gunsmith

• all your materials (ascendent shards and energies, I'm looking at you!!) can be exchanged; want more motes of light?  exchange.  need energy instead of shards? exchange.  need more glimmer? screw the Cabal farming spot -- exchange them ascendent shards you just got from that nightfall.
All good changes, imo.  I'm still pretty bummed about no new raid with the DLC, but they made it sound like PoE would be challenging and would change every week so I'm excited to hear more about that in the coming weeks.

Edit: Forgot to mention that upgrading maxed weapons/armor will not reset any progressions you have made.

CaseX said:
need more glimmer? screw the Cabal farming spot -- exchange them ascendent shards you just got from that nightfall.
Oooh - the summary I read on Polygon made no mention of this part. That is great as I have probably 150+ of each ascendant material on each character (and now close to 200 radiant materials all together). That also makes continued Gorgon chest runs worthwhile.

So now I can us my Queen's Guard armor once again. I guess the only downside to that is the stats and perks on this older armor was pretty crappy compared to Crota stuff. I mean, I've gotten some pretty awesome rolls on Crota armor where with a full set I can have nearly maxed Int and Disc. If I go back to Queen's Guard or even VoG stuff it will be more like 50-75%.

I guess my first upgrades will be my best Crota armor plus favorite weapons (Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Gjallahorn, Icebreaker, etc). Then I'll work on alternate armor if these new upgrade materials are plentiful enough.

Oh, and last night I finally for a Future War Cult shader at rank 16. I got Carthage which is kind of a light red sandstone kind of color. It is nice, but not worth all the trouble I went through to get it ;).

Loved everything about the reveal.  Guess I'll be doing more prep work for Wolves.  Going to max out my Crucible Marks on all 3 guys and Crucible rep as well.

Also going to get materials up and need to get 2 VoG pieces of Armor on my Titan.

I'm very hyped for Wolves now.  I sense myself doing double bounties on both bounty people in Wolves.  Very happy I can get Prism Dancer shader since I wasn't high enough to get it when Queen's Wrath was up launch month. :D

Oh, and last night I finally for a Future War Cult shader at rank 16. I got Carthage which is kind of a light red sandstone kind of color. It is nice, but not worth all the trouble I went through to get it ;).
I hate you. ;)

Also the upgrades for Legendaries vs Exotics is different. Exotic Shard required to upgrade Exotics to 365. Legendaries take a new material (Etheric Light). You get those from Osiris, Prison of Elders, and Nightfalls as well.

Couple other notes to add:

-Osiris will run weekend. Friday-Tuesday (reset time)

-2 Bounty people in the reef. 1 of them (The Fallen guy) will have a rotating inventory each week. So you will be able to buy armor that way.

-The queens ship is freaking awesome looking!

-Xur no longer needed for upgrades since everything is within your menu now.

-ALL legendary weapons and armors will be upgradeable.

EDIT:

-I'm wondering if we will be able to get Supremacy from Queen's Wrath like last time. It had a low drop chance turning bounties in. I really want a pink sniper dammit!

-Anyone else watch the stream? Deej dismantling that Gjallarhorn was fucking awesome. :D

-Sounds like they are still very against trading. I'm glad for that. I worked hard to get all the exotics. Keep it that way Bungie

Exciting news from the Bungie twitch stream today:

• all past and current weapons and armor can be upgraded to new light levels (365 Fatebringer confirmed; remember when they said Vex Mythoclast would be locked in to current max levels? nope, 365 Mythoclast confirmed; still hanging on to your trusty old 300 Shadow Price? 365 Shadow Price confirmed)
  • new DLC weapons can all be reforged via gunsmith
  • all your materials (ascendent shards and energies, I'm looking at you!!) can be exchanged; want more motes of light? exchange. need energy instead of shards? exchange. need more glimmer? screw the Cabal farming spot -- exchange them ascendent shards you just got from that nightfall.
All good changes, imo. I'm still pretty bummed about no new raid with the DLC, but they made it sound like PoE would be challenging and would change every week so I'm excited to hear more about that in the coming weeks.

Edit: Forgot to mention that upgrading maxed weapons/armor will not reset any progressions you have made.
:drool:

Man now I'm upset I sharded my extras

For anyone that missed the stream:

Click Here:

I'm excited for House of Wolves.  It looks like if you did the work, you have an easy path to 34.  Many ways for it.  I think I like most that everyone will start looking different wearing different gear.  That is a huge plus in my opinion.  Next week is Osiris reveal and in 2 weeks they are going to have a guest and actually play the House of Wolves content.  :)

I missed the first part of the steam but from what i saw in the second part it looks like they figured out how to not bork the upgrade system this time around.  You can upgrade all your exotics out of the gate with exotic shards and need the Etheric light for legendaries. 

I'm glad everything stays relevant, but it will be a pretty quick path to Lvl 34 unless Etheric Light drops at a rate lower than original VoG raid armor.  I'm not sure there is much content in this expansion just like in TDB, especially with no raid present.  The Arena thing could be cool if it truly is dynamic, but I'm guessing it is shorter to complete than the raids were when they first came out so I'm preparing to be underwhelmed.

They did mention a couple things at the end that was interesting.  No Glimmer cap increase now that you can exchange all materials for each other.  They hate trading so that isn't coming anytime soon if ever.  They did mention that people kept asking about the raid in the chat and they were considering doing something about that that they would give more insight about in coming weeks.  Sounded like they were considering adding harder difficulty levels in the existing raids possibly.  They also said that the 3rd subclass was in the works but we can probably guess that won't drop until Comet next fall.

Also, now that every weapon and armor piece is again relevant I am convinced that the vault space is beyond inadequate, even with the recent expansion.

I missed the first part of the steam but from what i saw in the second part it looks like they figured out how to not bork the upgrade system this time around. You can upgrade all your exotics out of the gate with exotic shards and need the Etheric light for legendaries.

I'm glad everything stays relevant, but it will be a pretty quick path to Lvl 34 unless Etheric Light drops at a rate lower than original VoG raid armor. I'm not sure there is much content in this expansion just like in TDB, especially with no raid present. The Arena thing could be cool if it truly is dynamic, but I'm guessing it is shorter to complete than the raids were when they first came out so I'm preparing to be underwhelmed.

They did mention a couple things at the end that was interesting. No Glimmer cap increase now that you can exchange all materials for each other. They hate trading so that isn't coming anytime soon if ever. They did mention that people kept asking about the raid in the chat and they were considering doing something about that that they would give more insight about in coming weeks. Sounded like they were considering adding harder difficulty levels in the existing raids possibly. They also said that the 3rd subclass was in the works but we can probably guess that won't drop until Comet next fall.

Also, now that every weapon and armor piece is again relevant I am convinced that the vault space is beyond inadequate, even with the recent expansion.
The vault space won't be increased anytime soon though until they drop the last gen versions of the game. Remember the update when they announced it saying that the only reason that we didn't get larger was because of PS3/360. I mean they had to take out item comparison in that version just to give more space. So I'm guessing this is going to continue as a trend up until Destiny 2. Hopefully maybe they kill support for the last gen when Comet hits this fall? Might be wishful thinking on my part sadly.

So yep, I'm gonna be running VoG every week just to hoard even more Ascendent Materials. I do need to help my friend get some stuff so probably do 1 full fresh Normal run and 3 hard runs from Oracles. I'll still have to run Crota raids on normal to help friends get weapons, plus I want 1 more Black Hammer still. Hard mode, we will have to see.

I feel like they kind of rewarded those of us who stuck with the game by getting the materials and such via the trade in system with the speaker. I guess I'm going to buy a few more Speaker Cloaks with my Hunter now that I see I can get motes via exchange. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back