Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

RNG has been rotating its favor between my hunter and my other characters since the expansion hit. First week I got the chestpiece on my hunter and no raid armor on titan or warlock. Last week I got gloves and boots on my titan and warlock and nothing on my hunter. This week I got nothing from running from the beginning to the second chest checkpoint on my titan and warlock. On my hunter I got Dragon's Breath from the first chest, gloves from the lamps, a second chestpiece with better stats than my first one from the bridge, and Universal Remote from killing Crota. Two exotics that I did not have in one run is pretty nice even though I really don't think I will use them much. It would have been nice to get boots or the helmet, but I am pretty happy with my hunter's results. Now if I could just get a helmet off Crota on my titan and/or warlock this could be a great week.

I also still need to do the Nightfall on all 3 characters, so there is the potential for this to be an incredible week.

It must be duplicates week!

Did Crotas end with my hunter, got the gauntlets and boots that i already had. Only need the chest and helmet.

Did Crotas end with my titan, got the gauntlets i already had. Need chest, boots, helmet.

Did Crotas end with my warlock, got the gauntlets and rocket launcher i already had. Need Boots, Chest, Helmet.

I thought the raid was supposed to know what you got and give you other stuff? Guess not. :wall:

Also got a 3rd Gjallarhorn, another One Way Ticket legendary rocket launcher, and a crappy legendary pulse rifle from the nightfalls. At least the Gjallarhorn is the 331 damage upgrade, my other two are not.

Best thing i got all day was the 4th Horseman exotic shotgun from the first chest of Crotas. Im glad i got that but the rest was really annoying considering they are supposed to stop giving out the same stuff, and thats pretty much all i got.

Yes, they do.

Destiny lfg is getting out of hand. I feel like every other post is "requiring" ice breaker and gjallarhorn. Even for VOG? It's pretty tiring getting interrogated about if I have these or not. They are not the be all end all of weapons.

Did atheon hard. Forgot to see what i got. Primary slot was full. Went to tower and found this on the postmaster. Hehe! So pumped!

Did CE tonight with an actual group of friends. Went much smoother, but didn't come out with much. Another pair of gauntlets and a legendary shotgun; however, quickly joined someone for the Atheon Hard Checkpoint and finally got my Vex!

Just played destiny all day.
Did Nightfall, Weekly,bounties, and Crota's End on all 3 of my characters.

Loot was absolute horseshit all day.

Mars strike with tank is gonna be a pain in the ass next week.

Finished up my Nightfalls. Got a crappy legendary shotgun from the first run, 8 coins from the second and another Praxic on my third. It has 18 more discipline than the one from upgrading which I had yet to really invest in, so it will give me a slight upgrade, but I wish I could send some of my Praxic luck towards 7th or one of the other guys in here that have been looking for it for a while. That was the 3rd time I have had it drop off the Nightfall. I feel bad dismantling an item that is coveted by so many other people.

Now all I have left to do is grab the second chest and kill Crota on two characters. That should work out nicely since I have family coming in tomorrow. I was trying to get as much done as possible today since I won't be able to play as much for the next few days.

Did another atheon run with my hunter and he got himself the raid helmet and another... Wait for it.... Mytho!! Luck has finally starting to be on my side. Did nightfall and wekly with motiv and organization.. Got a exotic claw which is a duplicate. Tom will try and do an atheon run for my lock and then may finally try out crota raid. Been holding off even of i have 2 31s and a 30 3/4. Hehe!

I need to do both raids on two characters. I need a shitload of shards to get my titan to 31...Did everyone have tuesday off or something? 

I didn't get to play much last night. Would be willing to do either raid tonight around 5 P.M. Pacific.

Grabbed chest 1 from Crota's End last night on the first try. Needed a radiant shard, so of course I got radiant energy. Bollocks.

Awe man, Bestbuy's deal on the Destiny bundle is gonna push me over the edge.

Not seeing any locally. Might hafta do an online order, which means I won't get it until after New Year's, but I'll finally be on PS4.

Destiny news is pretty meh.  The raid keeps sharding all over me and NF has given me strange coins for the 3rd straight time :headache:

Did have one highlight... got the LDR 5001 sniper (with Void) from a blue engram drop :D/ .

Cryptarch musta been too busy  fuck 'g someone else and let one slip by ;) .

Now to upgrade it and see if I can shoot thru walls :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
My luck in the Crota Raid finally improved and I got some gloves and a chest piece for my Warlock last night. That was a pleasant surprise and just the right boost I needed. The NF run with CAGKrazy netted 8 energy shards which wasn't terrible since I needed some anyway to upgrade some new DLC legendaries. All in all it's been a better start to the new week. 

I hope all of you Destiny CAGs have a Merry Christmas!

Not seeing any locally. Might hafta do an online order, which means I won't get it until after New Year's, but I'll finally be on PS4.

Destiny news is pretty meh. The raid keeps sharding all over me and NF has given me strange coins for the 3rd straight time :headache:

Did have one highlight... got the LDR 5001 sniper (with Void) from a blue engram drop :D/ .
Cryptarch musta been too busy fuck 'g someone else and let one slip by ;) .

Do it!! Hehe! Does your ps3 file transfer to the ps4 if ever you upgrade? I would think ao right since its using your psn account and everythings on bungie's servers

My luck in the Crota Raid finally improved and I got some gloves and a chest piece for my Warlock last night. That was a pleasant surprise and just the right boost I needed. The NF run with CAGKrazy netted 8 energy shards which wasn't terrible since I needed some anyway to upgrade some new DLC legendaries. All in all it's been a better start to the new week.

I hope all of you Destiny CAGs have a Merry Christmas!
Do you still have any of the crota checkpoints? I wasnt able to do any of the transfers we did last week at all. Lol.

Do you still have any of the crota checkpoints? I wasnt able to do any of the transfers we did last week at all. Lol.
All I have right now is the checkpoint after the bridge, the Thrall/Shrieker Tunnel. I plan on running my Titan/Hunter up to the bridge a bit later today/tonight so I'll have that one too if you'd like either.

Do it!! Hehe! Does your ps3 file transfer to the ps4 if ever you upgrade? I would think ao right since its using your psn account and everythings on bungie's servers
Yeah, that's how I understand it. I should be able to hop back and forth between the two versions, as long as I keep the discs.

Speaking of which, I'm now more motivated to get the digital version (to do the free upgrade deal) and get rid of my disc copies.

Any sales on the digital version??? I know xbox had a sale for Destiny and wondering if sony did the same.

EDIT: good thing I didn't wait too long. The Destiny bundle is currently out of stock. Now to see if BB does ship it out :pray:

Oh destiny lfg...

I got invited to a group of Dutch guys for atheon on hard. I get teleported, kill an oracle and the relic holder gets killed. They then start speaking English telling me I have to kill oracles and reaffirming that I've indeed have experience like this was my fault. I then point out once the stats screen comes up with the lone oracle being killed by yours truly that I know what to do. After about 7 wipes we finally got it, but man was I a little irritated.

Got trolled by atheon though, ran it twice, 3 helmets, a second icebreaker and mythoclast and two ships.

No gjallahorn :(

Destiny news is pretty meh. The raid keeps sharding all over me and NF has given me strange coins for the 3rd straight time :headache:

Did have one highlight... got the LDR 5001 sniper (with Void) from a blue engram drop :D/ .

Cryptarch musta been too busy fuck 'g someone else and let one slip by ;) .

I am so glad you are getting a PS4 :D/

On a side note, is the psn down? I'm trying to log into Destiny, but the icon shows a lock on it and says it can't connect :wall:. Also did the CE raid with my hunter earlier today and all I got was mats. If Bungie says they fixed the drops during the Raid, they must really have shitty QA down there. Can't believe they can't implement something as simple as an inventory tracker during a simple raid.

OK wtf PSN is down for maintenance and now is just spitting errors, Destiny just wont let me sign in even when PSN looks like its working :(

Whats worse is I can see some of you playing when PSN is signed in...

I wasnt able to use PSN features. Rebooted my PS4 just now and i can see friends list. But when i try to log into destiny it says destiny servers are offline. UGH, wanted to get my new character to 20 by tonight, currently 500 xp away from rank 17.

Edit, i guess bungie is looking at their servers, from what i seen on help.bungie.net

Yeah, shit works in the app. I was able to respond to nixmahn's message and friend request. But I can't do anything on the console.
Really? I'm playing Destiny right now. I've been on since 5:45 pm eastern but no communications and/or messages from anyone. No lag what so ever, but only doing PvE for bounties, let me try PvP.

It seems like some people are on with no problems trolling us...

I'm gonna play something else I guess...just when Atheon was getting generous with the mythoclasts too...

I did get my pumpkin pie in the oven  :D/

It seems like some people are on with no problems trolling us...

I'm gonna play something else I guess...just when Atheon was getting generous with the mythoclasts too...

I did get my pumpkin pie in the oven :D/
Maybe Bungie is "fixing" Atheon's generosity now?

edit: control match is fine

Apps work. Games don't. Alternating between "not logged into PSN" errors and "Destiny servers unavailable" despite both those things being obviously untrue. Can't even play GTA Online.

bfinup said:
Got trolled by atheon though, ran it twice, 3 helmets, a second icebreaker and mythoclast and two ships.

No gjallahorn :(
Trolled!? That's a HELL of a haul from two Atheon runs. I did it on hard several times and it took forever for me to get a Mythoclast. I'm not sure why you'd be expecting a Ghally when the exotics don't drop all that much and you could get any of them. There's an extremely low chance you'd get any specific one. I lost track of how many total Atheon runs I did (both normal and hard) but it was probably pushing 25-30 and I probably only got 2 or 3 exotics the whole time (either from that one chest or from Atheon).

Besides, it would be the old one anyway ;).

So on the Xbox One thread I was asking about people's Crota Raid armor rolls because I'm trying to decide what to upgrade and what to wait on. Then I realized you can just look at random people's bungie.net profiles and see what they have. So I took a sample of people from the Destiny forum.

To summarize:
- Stat type (whether it is Int/Disc/Str or a combination of 2 of them) seems to be pretty randomized and not specific to any particular armor for any particular class.
- There is a definite range on the them, though. Gloves with a base of 100 are pretty good. Chest pieces can go up above 160. Boots are good around 145. I've seen some "bad" rolls as well like 88 on a maxed pair of gloves. These are totals for either a single stat or a combined one (like Int/Disc).
- Also keep an eye on weapon perks on the chest and boots. Chest will have 2 ammo perks (like auto rifle/shotgun) while boots have one. Gloves seem to be standard, though, with the increased speed of special weapon reload and two other perks.
- Only one person out of dozens had a helm, so I don't have any info on that really (it was a Warlock helm with 100 Intellect).

Apparently I made a mistake maxing out my Warlock chest (I just thought it was so cool when I got it). It has auto rifle/shotgun ammo - and I don't really use either. And it maxed at 140 Intellect which is on the low side. But since it was all Intellect that's another reason I did go for it.

So in deciding what to spend your hard-earned radiant shards on, I would go with these overall (max) stat values (gloves: 100-105, chest: 155-160, boots: 140-145), the specific perks (especially on the chest piece which gets two extra ammo perks), and of course the stat build (whether you want more Int than Str, etc). But since it seems like any piece can have any stats, if you get a good one in a stat you like (like a 160 Int chest armor) I'd just go ahead and upgrade that one.

So since i cant play Destiny im going to talk about it here.

I made a new character, so i could solo the first half of crotas end and hope to get the hunter chest i need. If i dont i will keep the new hunter and double dip next week. Also would want to do the weekly and nightfall later this week before the reset with her if anyone has yet to do them. I also wanted to make a new hunter so i could get the first cloak you get that shows off the full helmet. LOL. I dismantled it with my first hunter.

But i was playing today doing bounties killing those sword bearers while doing patrols, i think i killed about 3 of them total and i just happened to go into my character menu and i was looking at my new guns that i got as drops and noticed i had the husk of the pit. Which is pretty damn good when you are a level 13 doing missions on the moon. One thing i hate about leveling up a new character is dealing with all the crappy guns you get. I was a bit surprised because i didnt even noticed when i got it, and like i said, ive only killed three guys i think that would drop it for me. So that was interesting.

Just checked and Destiny works for me... just in time for me to have to get off. Jesus must want to make me miserable on Christmas for stealing his look.

Gonna leave the game on just in case, but won't be able to actually play now til maybe 10 P.M. Pacific.

One thing i hate about leveling up a new character is dealing with all the crappy guns you get. I was a bit surprised because i didnt even noticed when i got it, and like i said, ive only killed three guys i think that would drop it for me. So that was interesting.
When i was starting out, i made it a point to keep low lvl max weapons so i could use it for my alts later on. I exclusively used hand cannons til lvl 20. Those tear enemies fast! Hehe! I also made use of vanguard armory weapons. I think i also kept a maxed strangers rifle from the last mission.

Trolled!? That's a HELL of a haul from two Atheon runs. I did it on hard several times and it took forever for me to get a Mythoclast. I'm not sure why you'd be expecting a Ghally when the exotics don't drop all that much and you could get any of them. There's an extremely low chance you'd get any specific one. I lost track of how many total Atheon runs I did (both normal and hard) but it was probably pushing 25-30 and I probably only got 2 or 3 exotics the whole time (either from that one chest or from Atheon).

Besides, it would be the old one anyway ;).

So on the Xbox One thread I was asking about people's Crota Raid armor rolls because I'm trying to decide what to upgrade and what to wait on. Then I realized you can just look at random people's bungie.net profiles and see what they have. So I took a sample of people from the Destiny forum.

To summarize:
- Stat type (whether it is Int/Disc/Str or a combination of 2 of them) seems to be pretty randomized and not specific to any particular armor for any particular class.
- There is a definite range on the them, though. Gloves with a base of 100 are pretty good. Chest pieces can go up above 160. Boots are good around 145. I've seen some "bad" rolls as well like 88 on a maxed pair of gloves. These are totals for either a single stat or a combined one (like Int/Disc).
- Also keep an eye on weapon perks on the chest and boots. Chest will have 2 ammo perks (like auto rifle/shotgun) while boots have one. Gloves seem to be standard, though, with the increased speed of special weapon reload and two other perks.
- Only one person out of dozens had a helm, so I don't have any info on that really (it was a Warlock helm with 100 Intellect).

Apparently I made a mistake maxing out my Warlock chest (I just thought it was so cool when I got it). It has auto rifle/shotgun ammo - and I don't really use either. And it maxed at 140 Intellect which is on the low side. But since it was all Intellect that's another reason I did go for it.

So in deciding what to spend your hard-earned radiant shards on, I would go with these overall (max) stat values (gloves: 100-105, chest: 155-160, boots: 140-145), the specific perks (especially on the chest piece which gets two extra ammo perks), and of course the stat build (whether you want more Int than Str, etc). But since it seems like any piece can have any stats, if you get a good one in a stat you like (like a 160 Int chest armor) I'd just go ahead and upgrade that one.
Trolled because it took me forever to get both the helmet and mythoclast and ice breaker and now it's raining them when I don't need them.

I certainly don't expect the gjally but both those times and my last two nightfalls someone has gotten it.

bfinup said:
Trolled because it took me forever to get both the helmet and mythoclast and ice breaker and now it's raining them when I don't need them.
Ah, that makes sense then. I, too, got trolled in my one single checkpoint clear on VoG since the DLC came out. We ran Oracles and I got TWO pieces of armor from the same drop. That never happened when I ran it before - rarely ever got two pieces from the entire Raid.

I hit Eris Rank 4 tonight - she just handed me a new emblem which I haven't seen yet. It is on my Warlock: http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/4972584

I'm also wearing the rank 4 class items on my Warlock and Hunter (along with the Sunsetting shader). I can't see those on the web site but maybe you can in the app or something (dunno - never used it ;)).

I ended up caving in and bought the DLC, so Squall41269 is available if you need someone is raid (provided PSN comes back online)

Hey fellow cags:

Just wanted to answer some questions above by saying that I play on PS4 and PS3 and swap playtime between the two smoothly with no issues.  I bought the digital guardian edition last month and being able to freely switch platforms is a nice convenience.

I also need friends to do things like the daily heroic story and weekly heroic strike.  I have a level 29 warlock (will be 30 by tomorrow) and a level 26 hunter.  My psn name is gospelman and I play on both ps3 and ps4 servers.  Merry Christmas cags!

Can't get into PSN... and looks like I'm not the only one.

Had some trouble yesterday, but eventually got in and was able to stay connected the entire time.

Sheesh, one of the few times I can veg out and this happens.

Regardless, MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

EDIT: PSN is up for me.

Hey fellow cags:

Just wanted to answer some questions above by saying that I play on PS4 and PS3 and swap playtime between the two smoothly with no issues. I bought the digital guardian edition last month and being able to freely switch platforms is a nice convenience.

I also need friends to do things like the daily heroic story and weekly heroic strike. I have a level 29 warlock (will be 30 by tomorrow) and a level 26 hunter. My psn name is gospelman and I play on both ps3 and ps4 servers. Merry Christmas cags!
Cool. Thanks for that.

Now, does anyone know if the DLC I already purchased on PS3 would also be available on PS4?

My plan is to buy the regular PS3 digital copy and do the free upgrade dealio. I'd hate to have to buy the DLC twice.

Hopefully someone knows or can point me to a site to find out.

I have/play the DLC on both PS3 and 4. 

(Bought the day1 digital deluxe edition on PS3 to get the free ps4 version. DLC auto DLs on 4 but 3 you need to go to the store and get the unlock.)

Now, does anyone know if the DLC I already purchased on PS3 would also be available on PS4?

My plan is to buy the regular PS3 digital copy and do the free upgrade dealio. I'd hate to have to buy the DLC twice.

Hopefully someone knows or can point me to a site to find out.
I bought the digital guardian edition on ps3 and all of that transfers to ps4. However not all dlc is automatically crossbuy. I have a dlc shader on the ps4 version that won't work on the ps3 version. So if you bought the standalone dlc for ps3 I wouldn't assume it will carry over unless someone else or another site can confirm

10 hours later after i get back home and i still cant play destiny. This is ridiculous.
Been busy with christmas celebration with family and friends so this psn outage is good timing for me i suppose. Just hope its back by tom. I want to get sonething fron xur. Im hoping hell finally have the upgrade option for gally.

Been busy with christmas celebration with family and friends so this psn outage is good timing for me i suppose. Just hope its back by tom. I want to get sonething fron xur. Im hoping hell finally have the upgrade option for gally.
Yeah upgrade for Gjallarhorn would be nice. I would love to see him have the praxic fire chest, or even the new warlock chest. But he had DLC gauntlets for Titan week 1, then DLC guantlets for Warlock week 2, so im thinking he will have DLC Gauntlets for Hunter tomorrow. Probably end up with helmet or guantlets engram. Then add some of the same stuff he has had for weeks.

bread's done
Back