Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='SEH']I've decided to finish leveling my DH. I'm currently level 38 with 1100 DPS and 9900 HP. Does that seem right? It doesn't feel like I'm doing enough damage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's fine for where you're at.

While buying for my NM Monk, I've noticed that the good lower level items has also been affected by the over-inflation of gold. Back then I was able to buy great gear under 5k-20k but now they go to 50k-100k. Chump change for a lot of Inferno guys but really terrible for the starting newbs.

[quote name='bvharris']Yeah, that's fine for where you're at.[/QUOTE]

Alright. I guess I just need to get used to kiting things again (too used to just jumping in with my Barb and smashing everything). Thanks.

Whoops - can't cancel auctions by moving local system time backwards anymore. Guess i gotta wait for my good gear to sell/expire now. I guess ill use my MF gear for now and farm act 1 or something since it isn't that good.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Whoops - can't cancel auctions by moving local system time backwards anymore. Guess i gotta wait for my good gear to sell/expire now. I guess ill use my MF gear for now and farm act 1 or something since it isn't that good.[/QUOTE]

LOL

I had the same issue yesterday. Threw my main weapon on the AH to see if anyone would bite on a stupid price. Found out the hard way you cant cancel auctions anymore, so I get to play the waiting game.

hadn't been playing due to gw2 beta and the game just literally putting me to sleep (dangerous in hardcore) but suddenly all my friends have d3. so, its now a race to see who can get the others killed first. i've made it alive so far up to 16 on my monk and we just started a2. have been 2 deaths in the group so they get to play catch up by hanging out trying not to get one shotted.

one of the few things d3 has done right is letting you join a game in progress at any point ie. new char can join act 2 right away.

I'm not in game, but there are people in Mumble with me who are playing right now, so I'm going to say no, its not down.

finally decided to buy an physical diablo 3 authenticator... when i went to the blizzard store... its sold out!! i dont like to buy the other designs... sheesh!!
how long does these things go back in stock? do they usually sell limited edition ones?

Been doing Act 3 chest farming tonight with some friends (now that we can again since Blizzard was so nice to remove the stupid game limit :roll: ). Been trying to get a Resist All ring for awhile and finally found one tonight.

l61ZP.jpg

My friend found a Stormshield that's absolutely ridiculous (30% block, 1311 Armor, 63 Resist All, etc...)

[quote name='SEH']Been doing Act 3 chest farming tonight with some friends (now that we can again since Blizzard was so nice to remove the stupid game limit :roll: ). Been trying to get a Resist All ring for awhile and finally found one tonight.

l61ZP.jpg

My friend found a Stormshield that's absolutely ridiculous (30% block, 1311 Armor, 63 Resist All, etc...)[/QUOTE]

Damn, I'd love that Stormshield.

He could sell that for $250 on the RMAH if he was so inclined. For sure.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Damn, I'd love that Stormshield.

He could sell that for $250 on the RMAH if he was so inclined. For sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I believe he's got it on the RMAH right now for $250.

Finally signed up for the RMA. I swear, Diablo 3 is more secure than my Bank.

I mean I guess it's a good thing after all, but still. When a video game is more secure than my Bank, just wow :lol:.

Servers shutting down to pick up a service update. Money on them nerfing the chests we were just farming. Shit happens every time.

Dear Blizzard, its not "scheduled" maintenance if you don't say a fucking word about it until after your servers are shut down.

I'm thrilled that I spent $60 on this game but can't play it half the time because I work overnights, and when I get home in the morning, it's usually down for a few hours for maintenance, and now that I have a night off, surprise, it's down again!

[quote name='SEH']Been doing Act 3 chest farming tonight with some friends (now that we can again since Blizzard was so nice to remove the stupid game limit :roll: ). Been trying to get a Resist All ring for awhile and finally found one tonight.

l61ZP.jpg

My friend found a Stormshield that's absolutely ridiculous (30% block, 1311 Armor, 63 Resist All, etc...)[/QUOTE]

What is chest farming?

[quote name='n4styn4t3']What is chest farming?[/QUOTE]

Loading up a game repeatedly and farming a known Resplendent Chest for good items, usually without fighting too many mobs. People farm treasure goblins as well (that's what I've been doing lately).

I need a new farm spot since gobs can't give up the 63 shit. Is the new chest the one outside arreat gate?

Nice find on the SS; sad it went straight to the RMAH though. This game will end up being terrible in a few months thanks to the gold AH being devoid of any quality goods.

[quote name='Jodou']
Nice find on the SS; sad it went straight to the RMAH though. This game will end up being terrible in a few months thanks to the gold AH being devoid of any quality goods.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering about that. I can definitely see that happening, but I could also see things shifting back to the gold AH once the initial Diablo III craze dies down and there are fewer people willing to drop $250 on an item to booster their e-self esteem.

Where is a good chest farming spot? Act 1 is a joke for me right now, but no good drops really. Act 2 is survivable but no chance against elites.

[quote name='SEH']Dear Blizzard, its not "scheduled" maintenance if you don't say a fucking word about it until after your servers are shut down.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I mean WoW gives you a heads up hours in advance, even a day sometimes on the launcher. Why can't D3 do this? It's seriously like their online system is worse than WoW even though this game is how many years after WoW.

[quote name='bvharris']I've been wondering about that. I can definitely see that happening, but I could also see things shifting back to the gold AH once the initial Diablo III craze dies down and there are fewer people willing to drop $250 on an item to booster their e-self esteem.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I hope there is a nice blend of the two because I would still like the option to make a few bucks here or there. Not that I plan to sell items for $250, or even sell all my items through the RMA, but if I can get an extra $5-10 here or there it could pay for things like albums I wanna buy or I can save up for things like the new HD my PS3 needs.

Great the AH is unavailable. Not like I wanted to use it or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']I've been wondering about that. I can definitely see that happening, but I could also see things shifting back to the gold AH once the initial Diablo III craze dies down and there are fewer people willing to drop $250 on an item to booster their e-self esteem.[/QUOTE]

This would be my guess too. You'll see quite a bit of stuff on the RMAH regardless, however since the "zones" are so incredibly large that there should be enough decent high end gear on the gold AH.

Also, I would expect it to be much different after commodities gets enabled on the RMAH and gold starts selling.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah I mean WoW gives you a heads up hours in advance, even a day sometimes on the launcher. Why can't D3 do this? It's seriously like their online system is worse than WoW even though this game is how many years after WoW.

I hope so. I hope there is a nice blend of the two because I would still like the option to make a few bucks here or there. Not that I plan to sell items for $250, or even sell all my items through the RMA, but if I can get an extra $5-10 here or there it could pay for things like albums I wanna buy or I can save up for things like the new HD my PS3 needs.

Great the AH is unavailable. Not like I wanted to use it or anything.[/QUOTE]

I think WoW has had a lot more time to predict their schedule maint. D3 has only been out for a few weeks and w/the implementation of the AH + RMAH i'm sure they're running into a lot more problems than they had anticipated...add to that the increased number of farming and bots. They probably saw something that needed an immediate fix.

[quote name='SEH']So that Stormshield...yeah, someone bought it for $250.

Mind = blown[/QUOTE]

wow...i mean, damn.

likely they hope to use it to farm more gear to sell in the RMAH cause other than that, seriously wtf man. congrats i think...

[quote name='SEH']So that Stormshield...yeah, someone bought it for $250.

Mind = blown[/QUOTE]

Wow! Congrats on the sale. Sheesh! That sale already paid of your game purchase and some more! hehe!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Wow! Congrats on the sale. Sheesh! That sale already paid of your game purchase and some more! hehe![/QUOTE]

Sadly it wasnt mine, it was my friends item.

I put some different stuff for anywhere between $2-$10 just to test things, none of it sold. Seems that only the higher end 60 level or so stuff is really selling much. All this stuff was level 40-50 I put up. On the gold auction house some of it probably would have sold for 100k+

[quote name='Clak']I put some different stuff for anywhere between $2-$10 just to test things, none of it sold. Seems that only the higher end 60 level or so stuff is really selling much. All this stuff was level 40-50 I put up. On the gold auction house some of it probably would have sold for 100k+[/QUOTE]

I did the same and none of it sold. However, people may be thinking like I am. I will use the RM AH once I sell some stuff on it and have a balance but put funds in? No way.

[quote name='Clak']I put some different stuff for anywhere between $2-$10 just to test things, none of it sold. Seems that only the higher end 60 level or so stuff is really selling much. All this stuff was level 40-50 I put up. On the gold auction house some of it probably would have sold for 100k+[/QUOTE]

you could in theory, play both AH's and using gold earned to buy higher end gear to sell on the RMAH...I'm basically selling alt level gear to fund my gem crafting. (the gems that won't be getting a price reduction in the next patch)

Any of you guys can give me tips on how to efficiently farm Act 3 Inferno like minimum stats to start killing elites using a DH?
I could take out white mobs but elites I just automatically runaway and avoid.

[quote name='glemtvapen']Any of you guys can give me tips on how to efficiently farm Act 3 Inferno like minimum stats to start killing elites using a DH?
I could take out white mobs but elites I just automatically runaway and avoid.[/QUOTE]

ppl have been chest farming in Act 3...as the most effective way to farm.

[quote name='glemtvapen']Any of you guys can give me tips on how to efficiently farm Act 3 Inferno like minimum stats to start killing elites using a DH?
I could take out white mobs but elites I just automatically runaway and avoid.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned, chest farming is easiest/lowest risk. If you start the Machines of War quest, you can go through the Arreat Gates portal and just walk straight out into the battlefield. There is usually a platform with a resplendent chest, a door that leads to Crayders Outpost that usually has a resplendent chest, or nothing at all.

I usually find chests like every three out of five trips. Be warned though, the chest up on the platform is a trap, so grab shit quick then dip out of there (or in most cases get one-shot).

[quote name='shinryuu']Been stuck on Act II inferno. Farming gobs in Act II, nothing. Farming Warden -> Butcher, nothing.

Fuuuuuuu---[/QUOTE]

the vocal community is under the impression Blizz ninja patched drops, so there's quality of it dropping in Act 1 and 2. They are admiting this is as false...but my buddies and I are also noticing the quality of drops seem less than.

[quote name='100xp']the vocal community is under the impression Blizz ninja patched drops, so there's quality of it dropping in Act 1 and 2. They are admiting this is as false...but my buddies and I are also noticing the quality of drops seem less than.[/QUOTE]

Doing Act 3 chests we've been getting a lot of level 51-56 yellows when last night we were getting nothing below level 59.

[quote name='SEH']Doing Act 3 chests we've been getting a lot of level 51-56 yellows when last night we were getting nothing below level 59.[/QUOTE]

yeah, we're nothing a drop in quality in Act 1 and 2 ourselves.

Weren't they boosting drops in the next patch? Why would they nerf them now? Or are they just nerfing drops for goblins and chests I wonder..

[quote name='SEH']As mentioned, chest farming is easiest/lowest risk. If you start the Machines of War quest, you can go through the Arreat Gates portal and just walk straight out into the battlefield. There is usually a platform with a resplendent chest, a door that leads to Crayders Outpost that usually has a resplendent chest, or nothing at all.

I usually find chests like every three out of five trips. Be warned though, the chest up on the platform is a trap, so grab shit quick then dip out of there (or in most cases get one-shot).[/QUOTE]

Ah yes. I encountered that chest on a lower difficulty. Last thing, any strategies getting past the Keep Depths?
It seems I'm always running into elite Soul Rippers and/or 2 elite mobs hanging close together so I can't just run past them. :bomb:

Okay, I looked around online for spec suggestions, and lots of people suggested a grenade/rocket one, which is working out fairly well for me. But I can't find any information on gear. I'm assuming I should be going for dex to help my dps, but does that actually affect the grenade and rocket dps?

I just found the plans for the Exalted Grand Mythic Staff. Don't know if I should sell it to auction or teach it to my Blacksmith and gamble on his creations.

[quote name='SEH']Just found the Radiant Star Emerald design. That was a quick 2.7m.[/QUOTE]

I still hate myself for teaching my Jewelcrafter mine... :cry:

[quote name='sendme']Anyone know if the life on hit works for the WD pets?[/QUOTE]

turn on the setting that shows your life regen and let them loose ;)

[quote name='glemtvapen']I just found the plans for the Exalted Grand Mythic Staff. Don't know if I should sell it to auction or teach it to my Blacksmith and gamble on his creations.[/QUOTE]

I need to upgrade my BS to Lvl 10 so i can teach a few plans. I need more $$ first...disadvantage of selling stuff on RMAH lately i guess =]

bread's done
Back