Diamond and Pearl Thread 1-A (Friend Codes; Online Discussion; Trades, Battles, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i forsee an influx of diamond users and little pearl users...probably b/c pearl will have a pink cover art/case thing...

so...i don't know

Diamond, because Pearl's legendary looks pink. I probably won't end up using the legendaries that much, but differences between the versions are so trivial that it's reason enough to get Diamond instead.

I can't seem to find a list of exclusives on serebii, or elsewhere. Could someone help me?

Although I'll probably end up preordering both for the styluses and making a complete pokedex easier.

[quote name='Logain8955']It's been a long time since I've played a pokemon game (way back since the first one, actually). It's gonna feel kinda weird picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, well if you don't include Pokemon Snap (Great Game!). Anyway, I'll probably pick up Diamond, as long as my friend is willing to pick up Pearl.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I can't seem to find a list of exclusives on serebii, or elsewhere. Could someone help me?

Although I'll probably end up preordering both for the styluses and making a complete pokedex easier.[/QUOTE]

Is this what you were looking for?

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Same for me, well if you don't include Pokemon Snap (Great Game!). Anyway, I'll probably pick up Diamond, as long as my friend is willing to pick up Pearl.

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml[/quote]

Yeah, that's it. Thanks so much!

I love Pokemon Snap. I'd love to see it on the VC for Wii, or ported to the DS.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml[/QUOTE]

I'm really glad you posted that. I wasn't sure what the difference was, because of the new Pokemon(gold and silver were the last two I was really in to). But seeing the list, I'm going with Diamond. Just because the idea of Aggron and Tyranitar on my team sounds pretty sweet. And I guess Sycther rules too.

[quote name='maigoyume']hey guys, we should make a thread for the friend codes shouldn't we? well at least in april[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea!

Can someone explain to me why some people are buying both games? Do you also have two DSs so you can trade?

[quote name='bruin']Can someone explain to me why some people are buying both games? Do you also have two DSs so you can trade?[/quote]

This is because you GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!!! :bouncy:

I suppose that people are buying both so that they can control both games and just use their friends DS to trasfer over the game specific Pokemon. That is what I did before.

[quote name='tuffcookie']Can't you use Wi-Fi to catch em all?[/quote]
Yes, but some people want to collect all the versions or don't have wifi and a wifi hotspot is too far to go to for trading etc.

[quote name='swetooth9']if you can only get one of each legendary, then how are you supposed to get the other one without trading yours?[/quote]hope that your friend is a nice guy :)

[quote name='maigoyume']hope that your friend is a nice guy :)[/quote]

That is definitely a consideration, assuming that one wants to get both legendaries...which I probably will.

I'm getting both because I'm being a nerd and planning on trying for a pull pokedex for the first time in the series. So, yeah.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm getting both because I'm being a nerd and planning on trying for a pull pokedex for the first time in the series. So, yeah.[/quote]

I have never pulled one off, nor have I ever tried. I am sure that there is going to be some Mew/Celebi/Jirachi that will be hard to get a hold of.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm getting both because I'm being a nerd and planning on trying for a pull pokedex for the first time in the series. So, yeah.[/QUOTE]

I pulled it off in Yellow (all 151), and then realized it was a big waste of time. I vowed never to waste so much time doing so ever again.

I've only ever completed the Pokedex in Blue and the Hoenn 'Dex in Emerald. Blue was a pain in the ass, but Emerald was easy because I traded pokemon from my Sapphire version and my brothers' Ruby versions. The only purpose for completing the hoenn 'Dex was to get a GSC starter without having to play Collesium.

I haven't played a pokemon game since gold (not counting puzzle league) the versions i chose in the past were blue over red and gold over silver. so basing on my personal trend, i'll probably get diamond but maybe pearl just because it seems like its getting no love :lol:

i finished the pokedex on the blue version mainly from the help of my school classmates. I remember a lot of my classmates who had their link cables ready to offer trades and battles, good times haha

[quote name='ahou'], i'll probably get diamond but maybe pearl just because it seems like its getting no love :lol:
[/quote]

I always seem to get the least popular version. Last time everybody got FireRed. I got LeafGreen of course.

[quote name='Quintessence']I always seem to get the least popular version. Last time everybody got FireRed. I got LeafGreen of course.[/quote]

Hey, on the bright side, that should've made your LeafGreen exclusives more valuable than the FireRed's in your circle of friends. :lol:

This is actually going to be the first time I got the more popular version. I got Blue during the first round, Silver during the second, Sapphire in the Third and then Leaf Green

[quote name='maigoyume']this is probably the 2nd pokemon game i'm going to buy, since the original Red of course :) heres to an awesome game :applause:[/quote]

It certainly is shaping up to be quite an experience.

I do not know how much you have looked into it but you might notice that there are some changes. Of course since Red there are two more types, and specifically this generation some moves that were categorized as physical are now special, and I think there is another one as well. These are now not based on attack type. Like one water attack could be special while another is physical.

[quote name='maigoyume']this is probably the 2nd pokemon game i'm going to buy, since the original Red of course :) heres to an awesome game :applause:[/quote]
It is an awesome game I already imported both versions to get the figures it's very fun to play it's my favorite version yet.

[quote name='Quintessence']It certainly is shaping up to be quite an experience.

I do not know how much you have looked into it but you might notice that there are some changes. Of course since Red there are two more types, and specifically this generation some moves that were categorized as physical are now special, and I think there is another one as well. These are now not based on attack type. Like one water attack could be special while another is physical.[/quote]thanks for the heads up, much appreciated :)

[quote name='meerkatgamer']It is an awesome game I already imported both versions to get the figures it's very fun to play it's my favorite version yet.[/quote]i haven't been this excited for a pokemon game since the original :)

i usually get the one my little brother doesnt get. like he had red an i had yellow (well it doesnt really work there lol), he had gold an i had silver, he had ruby an i had sapphire, he had fire red an i had leaf green, so i guess u get the trend here lol. i usually buy the one that comes second when they name them cause everybody else gets the other one so alot more people should have the pokemon i cant get, an this will be especially important this time around with online trading.

[quote name='B1gC72']i usually get the one my little brother doesnt get. like he had red an i had yellow (well it doesnt really work there lol), he had gold an i had silver, he had ruby an i had sapphire, he had fire red an i had leaf green, so i guess u get the trend here lol. i usually buy the one that comes second when they name them cause everybody else gets the other one so alot more people should have the pokemon i cant get, an this will be especially important this time around with online trading.[/quote]
and
Function: conjunction
1— used as a function word to indicate connection or addition especially of items within the same class or type — used to join sentence elements of the same grammatical rank or function

an
Function: indefinite article
the form of "a"http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=a before an initial vowel sound (an arch; an honor) and sometimes, esp. in British English, before an initial unstressed syllable beginning with a silent or weakly pronounced h: an historian.

--

Knowledge is Power.

It looks like both Prima and Nintendo will be publishing strategy guides for this game. I usually like to pick one up for help in locating the pokemon I need instead of running around forever. Any idea which will be superior, based on past guides?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']It looks like both Prima and Nintendo will be publishing strategy guides for this game. I usually like to pick one up for help in locating the pokemon I need instead of running around forever. Any idea which will be superior, based on past guides?[/quote]
I always buy the Nintendo guides while my friends always buy the Prima. It seemed that in some generations one was better than the other, and each has their strong suits. If you can do it the way I did then that is the way to go, if not I personally like the Nintendo ones a bit better.

I just got the Pearl pre-order card with a free stylus for a $5 advance payment.

There were plenty in stock there.

This was the same place I got my Wii.

[quote name='Quintessence']I just got the Pearl pre-order card from Target for $5 and a stylus.

There were plenty in stock there.

This was the same place I got my Wii.[/quote]

So you got the stylus when you preordered?

And... I'm assuming I read it wrong, and there isn't a five dollar gift card?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']So you got the stylus when you preordered?

And... I'm assuming I read it wrong, and there isn't a five dollar gift card?[/QUOTE]

This should be for next week. Not yet. I'm getting it here just for the stylus and well I'll consider the gift card as a $5 off there. Though I'm still thinking, somewhere it'll be 24.99 when it comes out...

My wife has been getting my hyped for this one, I was very into my red version, and when they remade the red one I went for it again.

This will be my actual new pokemon game. I've been going to serebii.net more times than I would actually want to say I have lol.

Oh and I found out I'm getting Diamond, cause my wife wants the penis headed legendary Pokemon on Pearl.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']This should be for next week. Not yet. I'm getting it here just for the stylus and well I'll consider the gift card as a $5 off there. [/quote]

But the ads for this week and next week at Target say the same thing about Pokemon preordering.

"Free Collectible Stylus with purchase of an an exclusive $5 Pokemon Gift Card reservation of the Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Pearl video game for the Nintendo DS System"

I originally thought you got a five dollar gift card when you reserve the game, but it seems you don't. If you don't this week, you won't next week, as the offers are worded the same.

Very odd wording.

I will type here what it says on the back among other stuff:

"Target Team Member:
1. This works just like a gift card
2. Load with $5.
3. Explain the card will reserve a copy of the game at this sotre for seven days after the national release date. The value of the card may be applied towards the purchase of the reserved game.
4. Give guest Pokemon Pearl collectible Palkia Stylus."

Of course it would be slightly different for Diamond!

I am sure EB/GS would be the same kind of wording.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']So you got the stylus when you preordered?
[/quote]
Yes I did. It is within a couple feet of my right now. I have not opened it yet (it comes in this hard plastic with a cardboard back.)

Oh. Well that's stupid.

You basically buy yourself a gift card, and they hold a pokemon game for you when it comes out.

I thought that when you reserved the game, you received a five dollar gift card. Apparantly not.

Thanks.

Is it at least a cool gift card?

Edit: But nifty that you get the stylus upon preorder. I'll head to Target on Saturday or Sunday.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Oh. Well that's stupid.

You basically buy yourself a gift card, and they hold a pokemon game for you when it comes out.

I thought that when you reserved the game, you received a five dollar gift card. Apparantly not.

Thanks.

Is it at least a cool gift card?

Edit: But nifty that you get the stylus upon preorder. I'll head to Target on Saturday or Sunday.[/quote]

The card is held on this larger piece of plastic. The card itself has the respective legendary Pokemon on it and is kind of shiny.

Just got back from Target- preordered Diamond, got the stylus.

Very cool stylus, long and thick, I really like it.

I'll be going back tomorrow to get the Pearl stylus.

I'm going to get Pearl. Just because the trading will be more in my favor since it seems the majority of people are going to get Diamond only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back