Diamond and Pearl Thread 1-A (Friend Codes; Online Discussion; Trades, Battles, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='akilshohen']wow you all sound like experts. LOL I just like to play through the game[/quote]

Which is perfectly fine. I do that with a lot of games that people can be crazy about. The point is is that you have fun doing whatever you want to do with it. Without cheating of course!

[quote name='Quintessence']Which is perfectly fine. I do that with a lot of games that people can be crazy about. The point is is that you have fun doing whatever you want to do with it. Without cheating of course![/QUOTE]
*cheated in RBY with the missingNo glitch*

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Now here's a question- will the DS carts be colored? I hope so.[/quote]

Hmmm...I sure hope they do to keep up with tradition!

I don't think the DS carts are colored, they weren't for Japan. I would prefer a colored cart though as that makes it harder to pirate and much easier to spot fakes. Especially since pokemon is one of the games most likely to become a pirate's dream.

On the other hand with the regular carts it will make it less conspicuous that you are playing pokemon so people can't drop insults as easily as if they see a tell-tale brightly colored cart in your ds slot. I don't care about this but some people do.

[quote name='Moxio']I don't care if my cart is colored or not, really. My bet is on black cartridge, holographic sticker.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking too, but I'd really like to see colored carts. :lol:

[quote name='SaraAB']I don't think the DS carts are colored, they weren't for Japan. [/quote]If i'm recalling correctly, only the north american pokemon games had diff coloured carts, Japan just had the normal coloured ones

Hmm... you could be right about that. I am not sure though, its really hard to find an image of a pokemon gb or gba cart from japan that is NOT a pirated or counterfeit cart, so that could be why you are seeing normal colored pokemon carts. I am almost positive japan got the different colors for at least the game boy advance games.. but maybe not so for the earlier produced gb and gbc games. I know that europe has the different colored carts for at least the gba games as well.

I do know that japan's official carts for diamond and pearl were the normal color.
Normal cart with holographic sticker would be cool though. Oh well I guess I will find out when I open the box on the morning of April 22nd!

[quote name='maigoyume']If i'm recalling correctly, only the north american pokemon games had diff coloured carts, Japan just had the normal coloured ones[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I suppose having a translucent pink cartridge might be nice.

I think its just gunna be my luck to see what I end up getting...

If I do end up seeing both I'll flip a coin, up to 5 times (first to 3...and I buy em haha) 8-[

Anyways on the whole whole do you want the cartridge to be transparent deal...doesn't matter with me, as long as I get my pokemon in :cool:

So...err...how many of you guys are over 20? My fiancee laughs at me sometimes as I'm 25 and want to rock some people in Pokemon.

haha

[quote name='blackjaw']So...err...how many of you guys are over 20? My fiancee laughs at me sometimes as I'm 25 and want to rock some people in Pokemon.

haha[/QUOTE]

I'd bet most of us are.

[quote name='blackjaw']So...err...how many of you guys are over 20? My fiancee laughs at me sometimes as I'm 25 and want to rock some people in Pokemon.

haha[/quote]
Never too old for pokemon! ;)

haha[/quote]

I will be 21 in May so count me as one in that category.

I agree with moiety, nobody is ever too old for Pokemon!

Yeah, I kinda see Pokemon as I would Halo or Mario or Castlevania...its pretty much just another game, a pretty good one at that, and gaming is my hobby, thus I will pick it up.

I guess it's just funny seeing non-gamers in America acting like Pokemon is the ultimate kiddy game while that franchise is well respected in other parts of the world by gamers and non-gamers alike.

[quote name='SaraAB']Hmm... you could be right about that. I am not sure though, its really hard to find an image of a pokemon gb or gba cart from japan that is NOT a pirated or counterfeit cart, so that could be why you are seeing normal colored pokemon carts. I am almost positive japan got the different colors for at least the game boy advance games.. but maybe not so for the earlier produced gb and gbc games. I know that europe has the different colored carts for at least the gba games as well.

I do know that japan's official carts for diamond and pearl were the normal color.
Normal cart with holographic sticker would be cool though. Oh well I guess I will find out when I open the box on the morning of April 22nd![/quote]I had a real pocket monsters red version from Japan way back in elementary, i was the cool kid with the non-coloured cart :cool: too bad i could only trade with one other guy who had pocket monsters green version :cry: and the holographic sticker idea would me schmexy ;)

I'm sure they'll at least include a holograph sticker, but I see no reason why they wouldn't color the cart like they did all the past games. It survived from GB to GBA, why not to DS? :)

Also, I think it's pretty neat how the colors for Diamond and Pearl are, again, red and blue.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm sure they'll at least include a holograph sticker, but I see no reason why they wouldn't color the cart like they did all the past games. It survived from GB to GBA, why not to DS? :)

Also, I think it's pretty neat how the colors for Diamond and Pearl are, again, red and blue.[/quote]symbolizing a new beginning perhaps? ;)

[quote name='maigoyume']symbolizing a new beginning perhaps? ;)[/quote]

I did not think of that...quite the possibility. If that is true then they will have like amber or something yellow-ish for the third one later on.

[quote name='blackjaw']Yeah, I kinda see Pokemon as I would Halo or Mario or Castlevania...its pretty much just another game, a pretty good one at that, and gaming is my hobby, thus I will pick it up.

I guess it's just funny seeing non-gamers in America acting like Pokemon is the ultimate kiddy game while that franchise is well respected in other parts of the world by gamers and non-gamers alike.[/quote]

I never understood why a game that appeals to all ages is automatically a kids game. It seems that Nintendo in general is plagued with that vision of them.

Gaming is certainly a good hobby to have IMO! Pokemon is probably my favorite franchise. Among the others you mentioned I only play Mario in Smash, Kart, and various sports, never in his platforming because I suck at those. I just started to get into Halo so we will see how that goes. Never played any Castlevania.

[quote name='snakelda']I love pokemon,I remember when Sapphire came out,I played 200 hours very quickly![/quote]

Sometimes I feel kind of weird when I turn on my game and I see that I have reached over 100 hours played.

[quote name='J35U5']I'm going with diamond because according to this page, it looks like it has cooler exclusives[/QUOTE]

It looks like you have to trade a lot to get some of the higher ones as some of them are only available on the other cart. Pretty cool IMO.

[quote name='Quintessence']I never understood why a game that appeals to all ages is automatically a kids game. It seems that Nintendo in general is plagued with that vision of them.
[/quote]neither did i, when i told my coworker i had a gc she laughed at me, then i asked her why, she told me that her friend got bored of it so quickly and bought a ps2, everyone has diff tastes, just because you prefer something else doesn't automatically make it lame or kiddy :roll:

Pokemon IS a game that is suitable for everyone, in Japan everyone plays pokemon, whether it be kids, adults, or teens and its not looked down upon either. When I went to the pokemon Mew event at Toys R Us there were ALL ages there, kids, teens, pre-teens, older teens, adults, parents, yes even those teenagers who supposedly say pokemon is the ultimate kiddie and baby game were there happily trading their pokemon with others and getting their Mew. The parents were also pulling gameboy's out of their pockets and playing right along with thier kids. I think this proves the point, regardless of the stereotype there really are all ages that play pokemon..

I am 25 years old and I play pokemon... confessions people, its not gonna make you a bad person because your older and you play pokemon, its just a game. Its a lot easier for older people to understand that though, it seems that the kiddie sterotype holds true more for the kids and teens in high school age or below because those are the most impressionable years and the years when things like this matter the most. I don't watch the anime or collect the cards or anything, I just play the games.

I could see calling a 25 year old that played stuff like disney cars and winx club or other random movie crap kiddie but I really don't see adults playing those games ever so that shouldn't be a problem. Most of the Nintendo properties are well respected as good games and games that all ages can enjoy, including adults.

Although I do buy the movies on DVD because they are usually made very well (much better than the anime) and are just good movies to watch. Its also a good idea to buy the movies at launch as the price quickly inflates, I missed out on Destiny Deoxys which was like 13$ at launch and now if I was going to buy it, it would cost me like 25$ for the move.. ouch.

I'm getting pearl

my only concern are the hackers (like in Animal Crossing WW) online

I am in my 20's

This will be $27.99 for both versions when it releases at Circuit City, thanks goes to Speedy and his weekly ad threads.

A hell of a deal when MSRP is $34.99... even better than a GGC.

Much better than shitty EB / GS.

The only problem I had with animal crossing was underage users coming to my town then me feeling really weird about hosting a group of 8 year olds who are talking about harry potter and god knows what else... But I suppose nowadays you are more likely to get the 8 year old hacker and cheater just so I can get through the game faster type. I am going to try to find a more reliable website to share friend codes other than gamefaqs (like here) for pokemon when it comes out and hopefully I will not have that problem again.

[quote name='Roufuss']This will be $27.99 for both versions when it releases at Circuit City, thanks goes to Speedy and his weekly ad threads.

A hell of a deal when MSRP is $34.99... even better than a GGC.

Much better than shitty EB / GS.[/quote]

The stylus, however, is easily worth $7. Preorder.

Does anyone know if I can battle random people using some kind of, well, random mode? Kind of like how in every other wifi game I can play against my friends, or just random people from anywhere.

All the info I've read makes it sound like you can ONLY battle against people whose friend code you have... I really hope this isn't the case.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']The stylus, however, is easily worth $7. Preorder.[/quote]
nah

i'm glad i didn't preorder...i don't care about stylii...the only one that i have is the original and the phoenix wright finger one that i got in a package trade

i would not pay more than 2 bucks for any stylus and that includes the pokemon one..especially since they are in such abundance

i'd rather pay $7 less anyday

[quote name='swetooth9']nah

i'm glad i didn't preorder...i don't care about stylii...the only one that i have is the original and the phoenix wright finger one that i got in a package trade

i would not pay more than 2 bucks for any stylus and that includes the pokemon one..especially since they are in such abundance

i'd rather pay $7 less anyday[/quote]

To each his own, I suppose. I think it's a shame, really. They're quite neat, and very thick. Makes using the stylus much more comfortable.

Does anybody know how many save slots there are? I'm gonna need at least four. I need to know whether to order one or both.

[quote name='Koggit']Does anybody know how many save slots there are? I'm gonna need at least four. I need to know whether to order one or both.[/quote]

i think all the past pokemon games had 1...plus nintendo would make less money if each cart had multiple save slots

[quote name='Koggit']Does anybody know how many save slots there are? I'm gonna need at least four. I need to know whether to order one or both.[/quote]

Have you ever played Pokemon before?

Count on buying 4 carts.

One save file on every poke'mon version game released that's also why I usually get the other version to start over on one for the fun of it and to get extra legendary poke'mon.

I'm 21 I still like poke'mon only time I ever played in public was at the doctors office and dentist while waiting most of the people there were adults so they never questioned me on what game I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back