Diamond and Pearl Thread 1-A (Friend Codes; Online Discussion; Trades, Battles, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sixersballernum3']I don't care, really. Whichever. I could do it. I hope the first Gym isn't hard. It would blow if I have to grind before the first gym 5 fucking times. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It should be easy, as the Pokemon are nearly identical to those of Brocks: a Geodude and an Onix and a Cranidos. The Cranidos is supposed to be *kind of* hard as it has HIGH attack, but it blows in everything else, so if you can pull a SuperEffective hit on him he should go down hard.

The three are lvl 12, 12, and 14.

Grass gets RzrLeaf at 13, Fire gets MachPunch at 14, Water gets MetalClaw at 16. Basically water will actually be the longest (lol) but still, if you're not at 16 when you face the gym you're in lousy shape.

It doesn't sound too bad.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Not bad at all. Shouldn't take too long provided your ass is available for trading. ;)[/QUOTE]

I hope I'm capable of getting my DS online. I think I have all the gear.

Let's see.. as far as I know, this is what I need:

1 - wireless router
1 - DS

Does that cover it?

[quote name='Moxio']I hope I'm capable of getting my DS online. I think I have all the gear.

Let's see.. as far as I know, this is what I need:

1 - wireless router
1 - DS

Does that cover it?[/quote]make sure #1 is compatible, and make sure you have a wifi compatible game :)

[quote name='sixersballernum3']As long as your router is compatible then yeah, you're good.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and I'm pretty sure it is, as there's options to set it up as an Access Point, etc.

:)

[quote name='sixersballernum3']http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/supportedRouters.do

My router actually isn't listed there. I think I'll try it real quick. If It doesn't work I'll have to use that shitty Wifi USB connector.[/QUOTE]

Mine's not on there, but I'm 90% positive it will work. :)

Rather, it's on there, but there's no "review" for it.

But anyways, I'm watching the DP videos and the beginning is pretty different to those of previous games. And the music? LIGHT YEARS BETTER! Which is very nice.

That's good to hear. I'm not going to watch the videos. I'd rather just play through it myself. Dunno why. Just prefer it that way. I did see some stills, though, and uttered a "damn!" aloud at the buildings. They look much better.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I did see some stills, though, and uttered a "damn!" aloud at the buildings. They look much better.[/quote]

They do look so much better than the RBY days I can say that! :D I am glad that they do really try to make it look better every generation and not just sit back.

The main thing that I am interested in in a new Pokemon game is how they have upgraded game play, and for this generation they have certainly made changes. I will of course have to wait and see how it works for me!

This game is going to feel like a massive upgrade especially with better graphics (they really do look good this time around), touch screen controls, 2 screens and a robust wifi mode. The basic gameplay of pokemon remains the same but its changed in so many ways that this time around it won't feel like the same old same old.

A lot of people complain that every time a new pokemon game comes around its just a ripoff because its exactly like the previous generation, however I think with these games they have changed enough in them to really make it different this time around.

[quote name='gizmogc']Case looks somewhat holographic to me.[/QUOTE]

Case might be holographic. I'd originally think it wouldn't be because the DS cases are plastic but the Diamond shot may prove otherwise.

[quote name='Moxio']Case might be holographic. I'd originally think it wouldn't be because the DS cases are plastic but the Diamond shot may prove otherwise.[/quote]didn't metroid prime hunters have a holographic case?

Diamond. 'Cause it sounds better. 'Nuff said.

Though it probably wont be for awhile...I have too many games to play right now to get hooked on another Pokemon. The series is great though.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']To be honest, the cartidge could just have "PKMN D" or "PKMN P" scrawled on it in pen for all I care.[/QUOTE]

Well a scrawled on name like that would kinda be bad... ;)

But it's about as generic as it gets, IMO. Though there's not much space to be flashy.

[quote name='Moxio']Well a scrawled on name like that would kinda be bad... ;)

But it's about as generic as it gets, IMO. Though there's not much space to be flashy.[/quote]they should just engrave miyamoto's face on the back of every cart :)

[quote name='maigoyume']they should just engrave miyamoto's face on the back of every cart :)[/quote]

Nah...I would prefer the plain sharpie! lol

jeremy parish at 1up, has a blog update regarding the game.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8047359&publicUserId=5379721

Has this sexful little bit of info:

But most of all, I'm impressed with Nintendo's efforts to make Diamond and Pearl a truly global experience. Yes, to battle someone directly you'll need to exchange friend codes with him or her, but there's actually quite a bit more online interaction available than simple fights. Now that I have the first badge, the Global Trade Station has opened up and allowed me to make use of the anonymous trade feature.

I (perhaps rather ill-advisedly) referred to this as a "virtual glory hole" before, but actually it's more of a swap meet. You can search for pokémon by type, gender and level and find all available offerings and see what that person wants in exchange, or you can simply put your own offerings up. Good so far -- but it gets better.

What hadn't been made clear before I did my own test run is that this isn't an immediate swap. Once you make your offer, you can go offline and your information will remain public; the next time you visit the GTS, your system will be updated with any completed transactions. It's crazy convenient.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Interesting. Although, that was to be assumed unless they changed the game from the Japanese version ;)

Can't wait.[/quote]

the interesting thing for me was that it happens offline as well. I figured you make your deal, it goes through done and done. this way actually gives it a ton more wiggle room than I had been expecting.

[quote name='hohez']the interesting thing for me was that it happens offline as well. I figured you make your deal, it goes through done and done. this way actually gives it a ton more wiggle room than I had been expecting.[/quote]

Yeah. It sounds exactly like the system in Pokemon Crater, which is good. I hope you can friend-code trade after badge 1 as easily as you can random-trade.

I also wonder how common things like shinies and one-per-cart Pokemon will be on the trading area.

[quote name='swetooth9']wait...so this game will be available on a sunday?

awesome...i thought all games released on tuesdays (thursdays at best buy)[/quote]

Yup it is coming out on a Sunday. Why I do not know.

[quote name='FallMoon']Is anyone else getting GSC nostalgia from this game? The whole night and day thing was awesome. Is there a radio in this game?[/quote]

Kind of. The main feeling I got with GSC was that there were new Pokemon and it was a whole new place (with a brand new attitude). I was excited for something new in general after RBY.

I like how in DP there are more times of the day and it actually looks like the time represented.

I'm hoping this 'hits' soon so I can give a small review for those that have not played it. Most stores will be getting copies in tomorrow so I should have it by then.

[quote name='gizmogc']I'm hoping this 'hits' soon so I can give a small review for those that have not played it. Most stores will be getting copies in tomorrow so I should have it by then.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I'm definitely anticipating it! :)

But yeah, I can't believe this is one week away. I'll probably be getting mine in 1.5 weeks since I ordered it online, but that's fine; I have more than enough games to hold me off until then.

Also, in regards to sixers' shiny note: I honestly don't know how shiny Pokes wil be incorporated into this, unless Nintendo implements shinies as their own class. Of course, if I had a shiny, I wouldn't trade it away.

[quote name='gizmogc']I'm hoping this 'hits' soon so I can give a small review for those that have not played it. Most stores will be getting copies in tomorrow so I should have it by then.[/quote]

How will you get it tomorrow?

[quote name='Moxio']Awesome! I'm definitely anticipating it! :)

But yeah, I can't believe this is one week away. I'll probably be getting mine in 1.5 weeks since I ordered it online, but that's fine; I have more than enough games to hold me off until then.

Also, in regards to sixers' shiny note: I honestly don't know how shiny Pokes wil be incorporated into this, unless Nintendo implements shinies as their own class. Of course, if I had a shiny, I wouldn't trade it away.[/quote]did i miss something? can someone explain to me what a shiny is :)?

[quote name='maigoyume']did i miss something? can someone explain to me what a shiny is :)?[/quote]

Remember the red gyarados you catch on a lake in I think GSC?

That's a shiny gyarados, and the only shiny you're guaranteed.

Shinies are differently colored pokemon that are extremely rare to find (and I forget if the have special stats because I'm too used to Crater :lol:).

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Remember the red gyarados you catch on a lake in I think GSC?

That's a shiny gyarados, and the only shiny you're guaranteed.

Shinies are differently colored pokemon that are extremely rare to find (and I forget if the have special stats because I'm too used to Crater :lol:).[/quote]don't mean to sound ignorant, but whats crater :cry:?

Edit: never played gold and silver =\

[quote name='maigoyume']don't mean to sound ignorant, but whats crater :cry:?

Edit: never played gold and silver =\[/quote]

OK, I do not know what crater is either...but I can tell you more about shinies.

The red Gyrados he is talking about is simply that. It is red instead of blue. When you see it on your screen there is a little sparkle and a sound, but as far as I have read on various sites, there is not statistical difference.

I had a shiny Pokemon, or maybe I still do, anyway it was in Ruby or Sapphire.

[quote name='gizmogc']I'm hoping this 'hits' soon so I can give a small review for those that have not played it. Most stores will be getting copies in tomorrow so I should have it by then.[/quote]

Don't you mean next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back