Diamond and Pearl Thread 1-A (Friend Codes; Online Discussion; Trades, Battles, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Doomed']Shiny's don't have better stats.

When you're a swashbucklin' pirate, you get to do stuff.[/QUOTE]

They don't?

Aw, that takes out any interest I had in them. I don't care about their color change, especially since most of them make them look ridiculous. :roll:

The only thing different about a shiny is that it is shiny, they have the same stat variations as the other pokemon, if a shiny pokemon has better stats than a regular one then thats just the game's random stat feature coming into play. A shiny pokemon will not have better stats just because its shiny.

Which is quite disappointing. I mean, the odds of getting one are so piss-poor to begin with. They could at least do something like 25% more HP or something.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Which is quite disappointing. I mean, the odds of getting one are so piss-poor to begin with. They could at least do something like 25% more HP or something.[/quote]

nah, that would suck...25% is a crapload

shinies are just collectable...it's just like bragging rights

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Which is quite disappointing. I mean, the odds of getting one are so piss-poor to begin with. They could at least do something like 25% more HP or something.[/QUOTE]

So, we conclude that Shiny Pokes are a scam. ;)

In other news, I believe that Rhyperior has an insane moveset:

http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/464.shtml

[quote name='swetooth9']nah, that would suck...25% is a crapload

shinies are just collectable...it's just like bragging rights[/quote]

As it should be for such a rare event.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']As it should be for such a rare event.[/quote]

yea, but i think then people would have an even bigger incentive to hack for shinies...if they don't have any technical superiority over nonshinies, then i dont think as many people would go out of their way to hack them

just my opinion of course

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Well, yeah, but it's easy enough to hack 999 stat Pokemon across the board.[/QUOTE]

Really? I don't know how, though that's probably for the best. I'm the type who, if given an exploit, will use it until bored with said game.

[quote name='Moxio']Really? I don't know how, though that's probably for the best. I'm the type who, if given an exploit, will use it until bored with said game.[/quote]

Action Replay. The point is, hacking shinies requires an AR as well, so if they had extra HP or something it wouldn't make a difference in the hacking environment since a maxed out poke is easy enough anyway.

ret[quote name='sixersballernum3']Action Replay. The point is, hacking shinies requires an AR as well, so if they had extra HP or something it wouldn't make a difference in the hacking environment since a maxed out poke is easy enough anyway.[/quote]hate hackers, if you can't play fair, don't play at all, thats my take on it at least

[quote name='gunm']hacking pokemans? hope that doesn't work online. :p[/quote]

I sure hope they are able to plug it too, but given Nintendo's lack of online experience this may not be promising.

[quote name='Quintessence']I sure hope they are able to plug it too, but given Nintendo's lack of online experience this may not be promising.[/quote]we could always send hundreds of angry emails to reggie :)

I know they have the GTS tweaked to disallow certain hacked pokemon (like you cannot have a level 1 arseus on there because you cannot obtain a level 1 arseus in game). It doesn't stop people from hacking a level 70 arseus though.

Also I think they have it where if you hack a pokemon you will not be able to battle another human with it or if you try to upload a hacked pokemon (an obvious hacked pokemon like 999 in all stats or 31 in all IV's) from your gba cart it will not let it transfer over. I know they have some protection there for the players at the very minimum if you hacked a pokemon to 999 stats it would reset the pokemon to a normal stat value automatically when you started a battle with another human. If you are familiar with the system in pokemon colloseum or pokemon xd used to stop cheaters then its probably similar to the system those games use to stop cheaters.

Yes there is some protection for cheaters and hackers, and they have already tweaked the GTS twice, and I do not think they will hesitate to tweak it even more if cheating becomes a bigger problem.

Although since you can only battle those who you've swapped friend codes with, it shouldn't be a problem unless you're friends with assholes.

Personally, I'd use a hacking device to get shit like Arceus only because event-only Pokemon are bullshit, IMO.

Of course, I'm too cheap to buy one. ;)

I'm not too worried about hackers, as I plan to only play with friends and CAGs.

As for trading, I'm not sure if I should do anonymous trading; I don't know how kids will plan to hack the whole trading system. I do plan to stay away from trades that are too good to be true (Giratina for Electabuzz), but I hope that's enough. ;)

Target advertised it in the ad as being available at 8am on Sunday morning so if you ordered at target you should have no problem. You MIGHT (probably not though) have a chance at target getting it on Saturday night, because for custom robo arena I noticed they had the game out Tuesday night when every other store here was getting it Wednesday.

I just hope strategy guide availability is good on this game, for the last 2 Pokemon games I had a really hard time locating the Nintendo Power strategy guides for them (had to check several stores before I found one with the guides in stock). Note I usually only get the guides for my collection. I have a strict collection of every North American Pokemon release and would like the guides to go with the games. I am not sure if gamestop allows you to preorder a strategy guide or not.

I plan on doing a lot of trading, even if I get a hacked pokemon I do not think it will mess up your game if it can make it to the GTS. If you get a hacked pokemon and don't want it you could just delete it. I am not going to give away anything that I would regret unless its a trade with a friend or a trusted player. The only thing you have to worry about is getting a bad egg in a trade from what I hear (they can mess up your game bad so be careful!), so thats something to watch out for. I guess don't accept an egg in trade from someone you do not know. I'll try to find out more information about possibly receiving bad egg's in trade from the GTS or another person soon.

[quote name='SaraAB']I am not sure if gamestop allows you to preorder a strategy guide or not.[/quote]

I went in to preorder Pokemon Battle Revolution last Saturday, and the guy told me that I could also preorder the guide if I wanted. So, yes, it would seem that you can preorder guides. I had no idea.

[quote name='SaraAB']Target advertised it in the ad as being available at 8am on Sunday morning so if you ordered at target you should have no problem. You MIGHT (probably not though) have a chance at target getting it on Saturday night, because for custom robo arena I noticed they had the game out Tuesday night when every other store here was getting it Wednesday.

I just hope strategy guide availability is good on this game, for the last 2 Pokemon games I had a really hard time locating the Nintendo Power strategy guides for them (had to check several stores before I found one with the guides in stock). Note I usually only get the guides for my collection. I have a strict collection of every North American Pokemon release and would like the guides to go with the games. I am not sure if gamestop allows you to preorder a strategy guide or not.

I plan on doing a lot of trading, even if I get a hacked pokemon I do not think it will mess up your game if it can make it to the GTS. If you get a hacked pokemon and don't want it you could just delete it. I am not going to give away anything that I would regret unless its a trade with a friend or a trusted player. The only thing you have to worry about is getting a bad egg in a trade from what I hear (they can mess up your game bad so be careful!), so thats something to watch out for. I guess don't accept an egg in trade from someone you do not know. I'll try to find out more information about possibly receiving bad egg's in trade from the GTS or another person soon.[/QUOTE]

??? you can pre-order from Target in-store? So will it officially be out this Sunday at Target? Im confused.

Nice I'm excited that this is finally coming out.

Which CAG's here are competitive players? Any netbattlers? I used to a lot and was actually pretty consistent in winning.

[quote name='blackjaw']??? you can pre-order from Target in-store? So will it officially be out this Sunday at Target? Im confused.[/quote]

My local Target, and I believe this applies to the whole chain, allowed you to "reserve" a copy by purchasing a special Pokemon giftcard. When the game comes out, they will hold the copies for only those with the gift card. The amount on the gift card can be applied to the game.

I plan to be a "just for fun" player; casual, not competitive. Like I said, I'll only play against some CAGs, but I'm unsure if I plan to do shit like IV and EV training, as that's an assload of annoyance.

Yeah, I've used Netbattle on and off for three years. I'm very competitive. Does anyone get the right EVs and nature for your pokemon? Now, with some held item, the female will have a much better chance of passing on the right nature. So, you'll have a much, much better chance of getting a pokemon with the right nature and IVs.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']So, yes, it would seem that you can preorder guides. I had no idea.[/quote]

Never heard of that.

I think I will just pick one up when I get my game.

You know...I really cant wait for this game....

It went from ehh....to really really excited about it....first day (or maybe even before then if I can order it online and pick up in store at CC) ill be going to CC to grab a copy..

[quote name='Moxio']Since I'm getting mine shipped, I'm not expecting mine until late next week.[/quote]
Same. I forgot about the shipping part. Hope it doesn't take too long...

I raised a lot of competitive pokemon on the advance generation games (the real games, not netbattle), but unfortunately I have not gotten to ever really use them because there is no one to play pokemon with when you are my age. So while I may have the pokemon, I am not that skilled with using them yet since I really have not had that much practice.

Its actually LESS time consuming to raise a competitive pokemon because you get all your stats way before even LV 50, once you know what you are doing there is less tedious leveling up, and training for EV's really doesn't take long at all if you have the macho brace and pokerus, thankfully I have that.

With D/P you don't even have to have your pokemon at LV 100 since you can set the battling level at either 50 or 100, you just have to get your EV's and the moves you want. So you can have a lv 30 pokemon with all its EVs and the moves you want and be ready to battle at level 100 if you just set the level at 100, it will automatically be raised to LV 100 for the duration of the battle. The only reason you have to level now is to get a certain move if you want that move, or to beat the game. I am convinced that Nintendo has really done it with these game, they have REALLY made a difference with these pokemon games, making it less tedious and more fun!

So its a mix for me, some competitive and some casual, I do like the challenge of raising that perfect pokemon, it certainly extends the game play of these games to infinite proportions.

[quote name='hohez']I only watched the first 6 seconds of that clip and i can honestly say it was one of my worst internet experiences so far in my life.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

[quote name='FallMoon']Yeah, I've used Netbattle on and off for three years. I'm very competitive. Does anyone get the right EVs and nature for your pokemon? Now, with some held item, the female will have a much better chance of passing on the right nature. So, you'll have a much, much better chance of getting a pokemon with the right nature and IVs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah training them with the right ev is easy, but breeding just takes forever.

I'm dreading working that day.

We have 23 copies of Pearl preordered and 84 copies of Diamond. Why the hate on the Pearl version? Is the cover less shinier or something?

[quote name='Scorch']I'm dreading working that day.

We have 23 copies of Pearl preordered and 84 copies of Diamond. Why the hate on the Pearl version? Is the cover less shinier or something?[/quote]

Good question. I got Pearl!

My copy with the stylus is processing from EB/Gamestop. I assume it will get here by Monday with the free 3-day ship.

On a different note, I got Pearl as well. I thought the Pearl legendary looks better than the Diamond one (and my brother wanted to get Diamond as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back