Diamond and Pearl Thread 1-A (Friend Codes; Online Discussion; Trades, Battles, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN has an article up, they received copies of the games but the cart's were not colored, they were just like normal DS carts, no holographic sticker or anything either :(

[quote name='SaraAB']IGN has an article up, they received copies of the games but the cart's were not colored, they were just like normal DS carts, no holographic sticker or anything either :([/quote]bummer, ah well i didn't expect coloured ds carts anyways

on a side note, canada msrp is always $10 more than US, not to mention we usually get shafted on EB preorder bonuses (we don't even get the styli over here, just some pokemon bag that you get for preordering BOTH diamond AND pearl) only reason i even preordered at EB was for the stylus, but at the least i can trade in 2 games for it

[quote name='SaraAB']The only problem I had with animal crossing was underage users coming to my town then me feeling really weird about hosting a group of 8 year olds who are talking about harry potter and god knows what else... But I suppose nowadays you are more likely to get the 8 year old hacker and cheater just so I can get through the game faster type. I am going to try to find a more reliable website to share friend codes other than gamefaqs (like here) for pokemon when it comes out and hopefully I will not have that problem again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had the same problem. Hosting a bunch of 10-12 year olds is kind of wierd when they start talking about 'kid problems' like bullies, myspace updates, and getting parents to drive to friends houses....ugh.

Once everyone gets going we should all trade codes and get a good group of 'mature' users to play to try and avoid some of the supposed 'target demographic'.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Boo at no colored carts or even holo stickers.

Ah well.

Can't wait to get going in this game.[/quote]gonna be hawt stuff :) should we make a FC thread for this game? or just use the official thread?

[quote name='maigoyume']gonna be hawt stuff :) should we make a FC thread for this game? or just use the official thread?[/quote]

Assuming the OP stays active, we may as well post them here and he can just add them to the first post.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Assuming the OP stays active, we may as well post them here and he can just add them to the first post.[/quote]fair enough, sounds like a plan :cool:

I have kind of tried to keep this in the back of my mind for a while now, but seeing that CC is going to have it for $28 at launch and seeing some screens/vids, I can't wait for the 22nd to get here.

Just one save slot is almost enough to make me cry. My three best friends are at my place all the time, all tend to get into RPGs like Pokemon (and Mario & Luigi)... I had to buy two copies of Puzzle Quest because of them. We're two couples, two guys and two girls, so maybe I can get away with two carts and we can each share with our sig. other. I really don't want to shell out $120 for Pokemon.

[quote name='Koggit']Just one save slot is almost enough to make me cry. My three best friends are at my place all the time, all tend to get into RPGs like Pokemon (and Mario & Luigi)... I had to buy two copies of Puzzle Quest because of them. We're two couples, two guys and two girls, so maybe I can get away with two carts and we can each share with our sig. other. I really don't want to shell out $120 for Pokemon.[/quote]

Or you could, you know, hide it.

Or tell them to buy their own shit.

Or dump your girlfriend and sever ties with your other 2 friends to keep your pogeymanz safe.

[quote name='DJPUN']I'm getting pearl

my only concern are the hackers (like in Animal Crossing WW) online

I am in my 20's[/quote]

I am worried about hackers too. I hate people who waste not only their time but othey people's time just so they can win. Wow, they must feel great having beat someone useing cheating!

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Assuming the OP stays active, we may as well post them here and he can just add them to the first post.[/quote]
What do you want added to the first post?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']To each his own, I suppose. I think it's a shame, really. They're quite neat, and very thick. Makes using the stylus much more comfortable.[/quote]

Collectible stylus FTW!!!

[quote name='mickeyp']Is the only way to enjoy this game with a friend or online? Can you just play against the computer?[/quote]

Have you any idea what Pokemon is? You can enjoy the game without touching wifi. Although there's also a Battle Tower, so I guess you can consider that "against the computer" once you've beaten the main game.

[quote name='Quintessence'] What do you want added to the first post?[/quote]

Friend codes, if you could, as the game comes out and people get thier codes.

[quote name='Quintessence'] Collectible stylus FTW!!![/quote]

You know it. I got 3. :lol:

[quote name='Koggit']Just one save slot is almost enough to make me cry. My three best friends are at my place all the time, all tend to get into RPGs like Pokemon (and Mario & Luigi)... I had to buy two copies of Puzzle Quest because of them. We're two couples, two guys and two girls, so maybe I can get away with two carts and we can each share with our sig. other. I really don't want to shell out $120 for Pokemon.[/quote]

Agreed, tell them to buy their own shit.

Having a friend code list for cag will be great. Anyone know just how far into the game you have to go to open up the wi-fi stuff?

Bah I'm so excited. Just another week or so. :bouncy: Really looking forward to the Wi-Fi battles. I agree we should just keep this thread as the official diamond/pearl thread and post our friend codes here.

[quote name='hohez']Agreed, tell them to buy their own shit.

Having a friend code list for cag will be great. Anyone know just how far into the game you have to go to open up the wi-fi stuff?[/quote]i'm hoping it doesn't take more than a few hours, i'd love to trade my guys out asap (do they still get 25% more exp for that?)

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone know if I can battle random people using some kind of, well, random mode? Kind of like how in every other wifi game I can play against my friends, or just random people from anywhere.

All the info I've read makes it sound like you can ONLY battle against people whose friend code you have... I really hope this isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

So, does anyone know?

I don't want to be tied down to a small list of people to battle against, I'd rather hop online and battle against anyone in the world, kind of similar to Mario Kart or Tetris.

This is pretty much the thing that will determine if I get the game on launch or wait until it gets $20 and under cheap... I'm not real big on scavenging forums for friend codes just to battle people.

It does not have random battle mode, but pokemon battle revolution for the Wii does. However it DOES have trading without friend codes, you can get all pokemon in one game cart through wifi this way, that alone is enough reason to buy the game. However in the wifi battle room you can download a team to battle that has been uploaded from the net by another player.. so its almost like random battling except that team is AI controlled. At least its not a pre-created team like in the battledome.

Please rethink this, I don't think you would really want a random battle mode, most of it would be 6 year olds with hacked teams and whatnot, think of metroid prime hunters and mario kart with snakers... There are plenty upon plenty of reasons to buy this game, its only 27.99 at CC and I wouldn't not buy it for lack of one minor feature.. this game has a more robust wifi mode than that of any other DS game to this date, you can even voice chat with your opponent if you choose to do so!

I also do not think friend codes will be an issue, there should be plenty available all over the internet, so if you want to battle it shouldn't be a problem. I am also sure there will be plenty of adult and more mature gamers buying this game to share friend codes with. I would suggest using the official thread and the PM system in order to exchange codes, this way we know when everyone has added everyone else.

I swear if I run into one more racist 8 year old...... and yes it did happen to me once when I was playing Animal Crossing.... at least I don't play on XBOX Live!

[quote name='maigoyume']if its any consolation, all of our FC's will be in here :)[/QUOTE]

I'd also rather have the option to play against thousand's of people any time I want (I can hope online on Tetris DS at 4 am and always find someone) rather then have a group of 20 FC's and hope someone is online if I'm up to battling.

It figures that every DS wifi game Nintendo has put out has random matches across the globe, but Pokemon won't :cry:

Thanks for the confirmation up above, I'm just going to save my $28 and get Pokemon for the Wii.

Also, it seems like a hassle to have to PM someone, set times we can meet in the wifi center to battle, blah blah blah... when I play online, I want to play real people too, not downloaded teams the AI uses. I'd rather be able to turn on the DS, hope online, play someone, turn it off, and not make a big production out of it.

I'm not such a huge Pokemon fan anymore that I need to have this on day 1 anyways.

[quote name='hohez']Anyone know just how far into the game you have to go to open up the wi-fi stuff?[/quote]

I'm fairly sure you can trade on Wifi once you beat the first gym.

Which is good that it's so early, since I'll be needing to use wifi. *pokes moxio*

Also, Rouf, you realize Emerald is still $35?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm fairly sure you can trade on Wifi once you beat the first gym.

Which is good that it's so early, since I'll be needing to use wifi. *pokes moxio*

Also, Rouf, you realize Emerald is still $35?[/QUOTE]

Ruby, Sapphire, Green, and Red all dropped price to $20 and under, hell I don't think I paid more than $10 for any GBA pokemon... if it takes a year or two for this one to drop, no big deal, because I've got the one on the Wii.

I wasn't really anticipating this one much anyways, was just going to snatch it if it had an easy to use wifi system similar to Tetris (which still gets a ton of play). It's nice to pick up Tetris, go online, play a few opponents, and turn it off all in a 5 minute span.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm fairly sure you can trade on Wifi once you beat the first gym.

Also, Rouf, you realize Emerald is still $35?[/QUOTE]

Hmm... No trading until after the 1st gym. Then this would take awhile for my brother and I to get all 3 starters...

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Friend codes, if you could, as the game comes out and people get thier codes.

You know it. I got 3. :lol:[/quote]

Do you think that I should make a new thread for friend codes, or just transform this one?

How did you get three styluses (styli?) Did you actually buy three copies of the games?

[quote name='Over easy']Hmm... No trading until after the 1st gym. Then this would take awhile for my brother and I to get all 3 starters...[/quote]
Eh, not really. I'll be doing it with a friend as well. Just restart the game 5 times. :lol:

[quote name='Quintessence'] Do you think that I should make a new thread for friend codes, or just transform this one?

How did you get three styluses (styli?) Did you actually buy three copies of the games?[/quote]
Nah, this will just be the D/P discussion thread and you can put friend codes in the OP.

Target gives you a stylus when you preorder from them, but their rpeorder is really only a reservation in the from of a giftcard. I bought one $35 GC for the copy of Diamond I'll be buying, then one $5 GC of each Pearl and Diamond that I'll use on regular merchandise, but still got styli for.

I think its basically a requirement to own this game if you want to play the one on the Wii, since you control your pokemon from the DS on the Wii game. I don't think the wii one is a stand-alone pokemon game, it pretty much requires you to have either pokemon diamond or pearl.

The only games that dropped in price were fire red and leaf green, sapphire/ruby is still 29.99 if you can find a copy in retail stores (excluding last year's kmart clearance on these games), and emerald is still 34.99.

Gamestop is charging 29.99 for a USED copy of pokemon ruby and 34.99 for a USED copy of pokemon sapphire..

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=914039

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=914040

You won't be seeing pokemon D/P for less than 27.99 for a long time, unless you have one of the Cduniverse.com preorders through google checkout that gets you the game for 26.xx shipped.

Battle Revolution is a standalone game. It'd be stupid to only allow D/P owners to play it. However, D/P owners have an advantage as they can copy their pokemon the Battle Revolution. So owning D/P would be reccomended but not required.

Anyone decided on their starter yet? I went water with Sapphire, and fire with Blue, I can just never bring myself to go grass. Probably going water again with Diamond.

Definitely not grass. Fire or water, and I've no idea which. Although I may be getting all 3 through trades.

Most likely fire, though.

[quote name='moiety']Anyone decided on their starter yet? I went water with Sapphire, and fire with Blue, I can just never bring myself to go grass. Probably going water again with Diamond.[/QUOTE]

I think my main starter (me and sixers plan to get all 3) will be fire.

387-m.png

Turtwig - Grass
390-m.png

Chimchar - Fire
393-m.png

Piplup - Water

http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml

[quote name='Moxio']I think my main starter (me and sixers plan to get all 3) will be fire.[/quote]

Same, probably, since a flaming monkey is neater than a penguin and a turtle that has a tree on its back.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']

Nah, this will just be the D/P discussion thread and you can put friend codes in the OP. [/quote]

Sounds fine to me since this is where everybody has already seemed to congregate.

I have already put a note in the OP saying that friend codes will be in here if that is what everybody wants.

moiety, where did you get those sprites? Did you just take a screen cap of the page on serebii, or did you find them elsewhere?

Don't make a new thread. That's pointless, and there's already a FC thread. This is more convenient. No need to have 2 pokemon threads.

Friend codes here are fine with me.

I am probably choosing chimchar as my starter on pearl, when I get diamond it will be piplup.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']moiety, where did you get those sprites? Did you just take a screen cap of the page on serebii, or did you find them elsewhere?[/quote]
serebii.net. I just went to the page I linked and viewed the page's source to get the location of the sprites, as they have disabled right-click. Copied the locations into the address bar and got the sprites. They are in png format and have transparent backgrounds.

[quote name='moiety']serebii.net. I just went to the page I linked and viewed the page's source to get the location of the sprites, as they have disabled right-click. Copied the locations into the address bar and got the sprites. They are in png format and have transparent backgrounds.[/quote]

Ah, alright. I know serebii has disabled right click so I wasn't sure how you got them from there. Thanks for the info.

So wait, we have to wait until after 1st gym to trade?

According to this walkthrough, it seems to be approximately the same length as getting to Pewter City and its counterparts: through instead of going home -> first reg. city -> forest -> gym city, this time it is home -> small city -> reg. city -> tunnel -> gym

Interesting. I'm really glad they've mixed things up and didn't recycle the whole "go through ____ forest to get to teh first gym" base.

[quote name='Moxio']So wait, we have to wait until after 1st gym to trade?

According to this walkthrough, it seems to be approximately the same length as getting to Pewter City and its counterparts: through instead of going home -> first reg. city -> forest -> gym city, this time it is home -> small city -> reg. city -> tunnel -> gym

Interesting. I'm really glad they've mixed things up and didn't recycle the whole "go through ____ forest to get to teh first gym" base.[/quote]

Ooh, really? That's neat. And yeah, I'm fairly sure you need the first badge to trade on wifi. I hope it doesn't take long. I'll be bitching if it does.

Unless of course, you want to restart five times. :lol:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Ooh, really? That's neat. And yeah, I'm fairly sure you need the first badge to trade on wifi. I hope it doesn't take long. I'll be bitching if it does.

Unless of course, you want to restart five times. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I really hope it's not too long either, as it would kinda soil things when I have to go through the same path 6 times.

It's not really a big deal to me, but the thing is I'll need to find time to do it. That is if you really insist on me doing it. ;)

[quote name='Moxio']I really hope it's not too long either, as it would kinda soil things when I have to go through the same path 6 times.

It's not really a big deal to me, but the thing is I'll need to find time to do it. That is if you really insist on me doing it. ;)[/quote]

I don't care, really. Whichever. I could do it. I hope the first Gym isn't hard. It would blow if I have to grind before the first gym 5 fucking times. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back