Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Gen Discussion & Info

does anyone not want their soundtrack or can get me a soundtrack? i RLY want the soundtrack in the case since my GameCrazy literally taped mine onto (its was a slip case one) the gamecase...pm me!!!

hope to play it soon!

Looks like Japan just got some sort of online challenge dungeon added. If this makes its way over and the thing works out well (maybe they add a few more) I could easily be persuaded to buy the game. (Hopefully some cags will be into gamesharing disgaea content if it happens).

Extra challenge dungeons for a game like this seem like the perfect downloadable content too because when you play disgaea you play a lot of disgaea. To have a ranking challenge system where strategy plays a bigger role than being massively overleveled (not sure this is the case though) could add a whole new level of replayability and income for a company many disgaea fans want to support.

I just received my package from NIS official site. It took awhile to deliver a package from far end of west coast to east. I will post my impression soon.

I was browsing through the guide and the content in this game seems pretty large. I'm not sure if it's a lot of fluff(Doublejump is known for putting a lot of useless page fillers. Go look at Disgaea 2 guide) or there is a lot of content. Regardless, most NIS developed games are pretty long to complete except for earlier games like Rhapsody or La Purcelle

I'm on part 5 of chapter 1. I'm having a lot of fun thus far. The only thing I never really cared for with the Disgaea games is the independent leveling system. The club system helps (mainly the 25% bonus exp for corner desks) but it would be nice if everyone leveled at the same time, rather than xp based on hits/kills.

Either way, I see myself spending a lot of time on this game. I've got everyone up to lvl 9ish, only 9,990 to go.

I've made it into Chapter 3 myself. Enjoying it. Though it will probably take several playthroughs to understand what the heck is going on sometimes, especially with Item and Character Worlds...

so I bought the guide from gamestop which is around the corner from my Best Buy.

I went to pull the price sticker off and.... it ripped a good square of book cover gloss right off of the book!!!

not only that, I heard it happened to other ppl too!!! :bomb:

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Just picked mine up from there w/ coupon and got back. Soundtrack CD is reshrink-wrapped over the original sealed Y-fold package. Not sure if other stores are doing this, but at least it came with the soundtrack.[/quote]

what coupon is it and where can i get one :p

Am about 1hr in and pleased so far. The graphics look very crisp . I may be a moron (probably am), but I cannot find out how to delete a character once I create one. Any help?
Still trying to get my head around the buying new skills vs upgrading weapon by using it a lot. It seems like it will take longer to get the skills for each weapon.

You can't delete a character until you get to the second chapter (don't know why). The option will just show up in the Homeroom.

I'm not sure how I feel about buying the skills and upgrading them with mana. I see they sitll upgrade with use, but I haven't actually noticed a difference with them being leveled up that way (particularly in regards to spells which don't seem to get range or AoE upgrades this way)

I played the game more today and I'm really liking it more. The team attacks this time are MUCH more fun than ever. This is the most fun I've had with a Disgaea definitely.

I also like how the menus look really sharp too on my HDTV (along with the menus). I've laughed so many times during the story so far.

I just beat this game and all the critics are correct. If your a fan Disgaea or srpg with enhanced game play, light humor and large amount of extra content, you will definitely like this game. It's story is the same as any NIS published game. You play as anti-hero who acts all tough and strong. But as the game progress, they have a change of heart. Despite it's predictability, the story is really well told.

It's weakness isa long learning curve for beginners. They might be alienated by the amount of information you have to learn right off the bat. The graphics still looks like a ps2 game. The camera work still needs improvement. You can't rotate during animation attacks or they move in fix position. This can be very bad if your fighting an enemy near a wall(all you see is the wall instead of attack) or finding conceal treasures.

I don't know if it me or not, but the jumping for this game is very slippery. The jump distance is measure by how hard you hold your analog stick. A light push of analog stick will cause a small jump and strong push will cause a higher jump. I missed a lot of platform due to this feature. It's not a big problem since majority of this game doesn't use this feature. But when it comes to those hard to reach treasures in later chapter or mystery room, it is pain in the ass.

There is very little level grind in this game. I beat this game in 20 hours with little or no level grinding at all

Just got this from Gamefly the other day and I've been enjoying it so far. I've never played a Disgaea game before, though I've wanted to see how it differs with the rest of the SRPG's I've palyed. I finished the first chapter and played a little bit into the second chapter, so how many chapters does the game have?

I do hate the camera, as it should be free-moving like Jeanne D'Arc's camera since it's such a pain in the ass to use. If I set it to be the near-overhead view, it resets for every attack and enemy turn, which is so annoying. I'm also disappointed by the blurry character sprites since it seems like NIS was just lazy and did the bare minimum to get the game on the PS3, which reminds me of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix in that it has a good portion of it that's been remade in HD, but the character sprites being low-res and blurry kind of ruins the illusion.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I do hate the camera, as it should be free-moving like Jeanne D'Arc's camera since it's such a pain in the ass to use. If I set it to be the near-overhead view, it resets for every attack and enemy turn, which is so annoying. I'm also disappointed by the blurry character sprites since it seems like NIS was just lazy and did the bare minimum to get the game on the PS3, which reminds me of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix in that it has a good portion of it that's been remade in HD, but the character sprites being low-res and blurry kind of ruins the illusion.[/QUOTE]The camera in NIS games has been the same for a long time though. Although, I wouldn't really call NIS lazy personally with the graphics, because they even said there were two reasons they look how they do: To get the game out in just over a year, and they don't have funds to create a more impressive graphic engine (kind of like Gust and Idea Factory, the up front cost on PS3 is quite high which explains why its not flooded with Japanese games right now), although their next game will be improved graphically according to them.

But yeah, it's a fun game nonetheless. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The camera in NIS games has been the same for a long time though.[/QUOTE]

So?

If something better is available, then maybe it's time for a change. I hate it when companies continue chugging through with the same poor conventions they have been using for years. Some conventions can be good, but others really start to burn at your gaming soul. Example: Capcom sticking with that archaic control scheme for RE games for what seemed like an eternity.

On the point of the game, I was able to give it a spin for a couple of hours. I have all of the Disgaea games, but I only put in a lot of hours on the first one. I will probably pick this up when I can dedicate some more time to it.

Just great! I flip through Doublejump guide a few times and as result a few pages fell off. Wtf? These guides are really frail even if you take excellent care of it. This isn't a one time thing, no, it's a consisting problem found in most Doublejump guides. The pages will become lose or fall off or you will see a vertical line within spine when you are creating a crease. The only exception seems is the smaller guides like Persona 3 or Mana Khemia that don't undergo this wear and tear.

It's spine is too weak to support all those pages in one small book. They should of made the guide much bigger, so it's spine can support it like what they did with Disgaea 1. I seen other big guides like Pokemon or Zelda have a far better spine support than this

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting today, Nippon Ichi Software is offering new downloadable content for its PlayStation 3 RPG Disgaea 3 in Japan. Based on the results of a public voting, fans can now dowload Makai Kingdom's Pram and Lord Zetta as well as Marjoly from Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. The three characters can be downloaded for 200 yen ($1.89 USD) each.

A new patch making some minor adjustments to the game is also available for download.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1426.html

$2 a character seems steep.

[quote name='zenprime']Wow. I wonder how long till Freeky picks it up then.[/QUOTE]If freaky and others need the game cheap, I have a local retailer which sells it cheap (especially when they have a sale).

[quote name='dallow']How much tmk? New?[/QUOTE]It's $30 new, and if they have a 15% off, 20% off, or $5 coupon type sale, I could get it even less. I bought one person a copy before.

I hope the trophies will be retroactive, cuz it's gonna suck to have to grind through all those levels and weapon levels again. :(

Cool beans, I'm kinda glad I never went through it before. Aside from time, I held out hope that trophies would come along sooner or later.

[quote name='bigl523']What store is selling it new for $30?[/QUOTE]Only in the Midwest.

I have under 10 hours into the game. Sucks I have have to restart the character creation, but I could build back up to where I was in one weekend. Who knows, the trophies might just have objectives so you don't have to start all over.

Trophies will not be retroactive for sure, since you can use any datasave.

Damn you Meijer! I swore never to live any farther then 1 hr from the ocean or a connecting body of water and I'll stick to it. Come on out to the cost you lovely price people!

Credit to Dani.
Translated trophy list:

Gold

- Clear LoC Item World from floor 1 to 100 without exiting.
- During Reverse Pirating, collect all innocents, treasures, and level spheres on the map.
- Deal 10 billion damage.

Silver

- Find the Trophy Room in 90+ Item World.
- Defeat Prinny Pirates.
- Defeat Diez Gents Pirates.
- Defeat Ball Pirates.
- During Reverse Pirating, collect all innocents.

Bronze

- Clear Item World from floor 1 to 100 without exiting.
- There are 21 bronze trophies for defeating each pirate.
- In Item World's Tower room, speak with the Cat at the top.
- During Reverse Pirating, collect all treasures.
- Deal 100 million damage.
- Deal 1 million damage.
- Perform 9 counters in a row.
- Achieve 5 color chains with geopanels.
- Play for a 10 hours session.
- Defeat an unit in battle with a 10-hit combo.
- Perform 100 jumps.
- Defeat an unit in battle with a 10-unit tower attack.
- Find Akutare/Axel in the Item World.
- Pass a homeroom proposal by force.
- Achieve 255 turn stationary bonus.
- Capture an enemy.
- Perform 5 magichanges in battle.

I'm not sure if Trophies will bring me back to the game... I've hit that point I get to in ever game of the series and don't feel like playing anymore. It's a shame since I'd love to unlock some of the other characters..

So how does everyone like the trophy patch? I myself just got the game so it will be a while before I can get them.

On a side note, I know this belongs in the gameshare thread, but it goes by so fast I want to ask it here: Any group/person have all D3 content available for gameshare? Let me know. We can start a group too.

I am interested in getting some of the DLC but probably will not stat the game for a couple months have about 3 games on hold to finish up my first run through of Infamous.

bread's done
Back