Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

It also has been playtested poorly; as for police capture missions, you can just drive the same criminal through Mater's jail over and over to rack up the requirement, or if you're doing "cow-tipping", you can run past the same tractor back and forth.
It's also kinda a kids game so I wouldn't judge it terribly harshly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, but at the same time though, there's plenty of "kid's games" that are very well made, just take a look the wealth of polished Nintendo 1st party titles or things like Skylanders, Little Big Planet, etc.

I don't think that essentially saying "it's for kids, so it gets away with being crappy" is a good excuse when there's so many quality experiences that exist for younger audiences.

Plus, while it might pull the wool over some eyes for the licenses alone, I don't think we give kids enough credit to know when something is terrible or not.

Not saying that Cars should be put on the stake to burn, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Eh, but at the same time though, there's plenty of "kid's games" that are very well made, just take a look the wealth of polished Nintendo 1st party titles or things like Skylanders, Little Big Planet, etc.

I don't think that essentially saying "it's for kids, so it gets away with being crappy" is a good excuse when there's so many quality experiences that exist for younger audiences.

Plus, while it might pull the wool over some eyes for the licenses alone, I don't think we give kids enough credit to know when something is terrible or not.

Not saying that Cars should be put on the stake to burn, but it leaves a lot to be desired.
Hadn't been in this thread in a while and always click to the last post and read backwards in any thread I go in.

The post I quoted has to be one of the most mature posts I've read since I've become a frequenter of this website.

I just felt it was worth pointing out.

Ranking Cars near the bottom draws a strange parallel to how I feel about the Pixar films themselves. I'd definitely put the Incredibles, Monsters University, and Toy Story ahead of Cars in that sense.

Of course the Lone Ranger was a complete box office flop (I haven't seen it yet) but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad...

FWIW: Reserved one online for pickup at my local Gamestop (at $19.99, per the website), but when I got to the store, all were re-stickered at $14.99.

FWIW: Reserved one online for pickup at my local Gamestop (at $19.99, per the website), but when I got to the store, all were re-stickered at $14.99.
Might have to check my store tom. Wish the villains pack and sidekick pack drops in price as well. My store still has alot of them.

It should be judged fairly, though. I think it's fair to say that DI is quite unpolished. I expect much better from DI2. My fear, however, is that the yearly turnaround and the cash-grab mentality signal that DI will never reach the quality of a top-tier game. Hope I'm wrong, but with this thing printing money for Disney, I wouldn't blame them for setting the bar super low. The game doesn't need to play any better to sell - the licensing is doing all the footwork in that regard.

Of course the Lone Ranger was a complete box office flop (I haven't seen it yet) but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad...
I feel the same way about John Carter, another Disney property. Flopped in the box office, but I thought it was a very good action/adventure film (and one where I hope they continue the series.)

Just a heads up for Disney world passholder who want the Magic bands for infinity/fast pass +. The parks are starting to sign up passholders for the Magic bands. I signed up today at epcot , and they said they are signing up about 500 people a day.

I just picked up a starter set on eBay for $35.  It was titled as Wii but the picture showed the Wii U version...and it ended at like 8 AM EST on a Saturday morning.

So I guess this is something I'm doing now...haha.

I'm also going to keep my eye out for a cheap Wii version for my girlfriend for her birthday.

I picked up the cars set for $14.99.  I expect it to be bad from what people have said, but now I have every playset so it doesn't bother me.  Thanks guys!

Well looks like I won't be getting Mickey tomorrow from Walmart. Some dirtbag from the local video game store came in and bough them all. WM as usual broke street date. Sucks for those that preorder for in store pick up. Same thing happened to me when I preordered Rapunzel for in store pickup. I ordered it on they 20th for instore pick up on the 21st. But apparently some lady came in on the 20th and made WM break street date and bought all 4 copies. haha

I guess I'll just hold on to my GS preorder.

Flip-flopping between buying Mickey ASAP and waiting for a deal. I'm gonna be forced to buy the Phineas/Perry 2-pack because I need the discs that come with it, so I guess it'll be full priced unfortunately.

Got my Mickey at midnight. I came in around 10:45 and asked the lady if they had any. She said yeah they had a box with about 15 in it. Came back in at 12:15 and sure enough they had about 10+ on the pegs. Paid my $12.96 + tax and will try him out tomorrow.

I did a store pick up last night and of course I received a delayed email, I had to go to Wal-Mart anyways and found two of them on the shelf. Picked up the best one of the two and left.

Picked up 2 of those Cars Playsets today (1 for me, 1 as a present for my nieces on Valentine's Day).

It came out to $17.52 after taxes since I had a $5 off any purchase coupon, $2 in leftover credit from previous trades, and traded in MLB 2K13 (which came out to $7.70 after the 10% bonus).

Quite a deal! :D

Yeah, that was a great price for the Cars set, even if it isn't the best Playset out there.

Still sad they chose that over something like Tangled or Frozen.

Stopped at Walmart this morning and found three Mickeys on the pegs, picked the one with the best paint app

I need to finish off some series 1 discs. If anyone has any extras of the following that they'd like to sell please shoot me a pm. I don't have anything for trade at the moment, traded my extras already. Thanks

Bolts Super Strength

CHROME Armor Shield

Pieces of Eight

Mickeys Car

Khan

Sugar Rush Sky

Tangled Lantern (texture set)

Dumbo the Flying Elephant Ride

Buzz Lightyears Astro Blaster

Abu as an Elephant

Anybody know if:

1) the base that comes with the Wii starter will work on the PS3?  (I suspect that it would, but what do I know..)

and

2) where can I pick up a (cheap?) game-only copy of Infinity for the PS3?

The Wii version is just too damn hobbled and my family think it sucks that they can't download other levels...  (which I had warned them about initially, but "no.. that won't be a problem Dad"... uh-huh...

1) Yes. The Wii/Wii U/PS3 bases are identical, with the 360 one being unique due to the Microsoft's rules with accessories, and the 3DS version being completely different. (Only one character slot and operates off of IR)

2) The game isn't sold separately at retail. You'll have to go to eBay for a disc-only copy of the game.

The best option honestly is to wait for a sale for the starter kit (wait for at least 20% off...$55 or lower) and then resell the Wii starter kit to recoup the costs.

You may be out like $10 or so but that's probably your best solution.

Stopped at Walmart this morning and found three Mickeys on the pegs, picked the one with the best paint app

I need to finish off some series 1 discs. If anyone has any extras of the following that they'd like to sell please shoot me a pm. I don't have anything for trade at the moment, traded my extras already. Thanks

Bolts Super Strength
CHROME Armor Shield
Pieces of Eight
Mickeys Car
Khan
Sugar Rush Sky
Buzz Lightyears Astro Blaster
Abu as an Elephant
I have some of those commons at least 4 of them PM if you are interested.

1) Yes. The Wii/Wii U/PS3 bases are identical, with the 360 one being unique due to the Microsoft's rules with accessories, and the 3DS version being completely different. (Only one character slot and operates off of IR)

2) The game isn't sold separately at retail. You'll have to go to eBay for a disc-only copy of the game.

The best option honestly is to wait for a sale for the starter kit (wait for at least 20% off...$55 or lower) and then resell the Wii starter kit to recoup the costs.

You may be out like $10 or so but that's probably your best solution.
Good... #1 was what I figured... #2, not so good... it was exactly what I was afraid of... I did check eBay last night, they're running between $35 & $45 I think... might as well buy a new starter this week and sell the pieces I don't need...

Thanks for the confirmation!

I have some of those commons at least 4 of them PM if you are interested.
Thanks. I've gotten a couple of pm's already and may now just need

PM me if you have those and want to make a deal. Thanks

I don't understand; why do you have to buy it ASAP just because you need the discs? You've gone this long without them... why can't you wait for a sale?
Typically the Toy Box sets are only on sale alongside playsets and other 3-packs. For instance, Best Buy was selling Toy Box sets and playsets as Buy 2, Get 1 Free. Since Perry and Phineas is all I have left to get outside of Mickey, there's nothing I need that I would pair up with said set.

Typically the Toy Box sets are only on sale alongside playsets and other 3-packs. For instance, Best Buy was selling Toy Box sets and playsets as Buy 2, Get 1 Free. Since Perry and Phineas is all I have left to get outside of Mickey, there's nothing I need that I would pair up with said set.
Ahh, I see... makes sense. Hopefully they start doing more sales on single packs as things start to die down.

Yeah, that'd be great. it'd give us more options than Sugar Rush!

Hoping for some more sales, couldn't get to BB for the buy 2 get 1 before. Need Violet and Dash, don't really wanna wait for the Girl Power Pack.
Pretty sure the Girl Power Pack is just a fake image that fans picked up on and thought was real.

Added the Gamestop deal on the Cars play set to the OP. Grabbed one myself; pretty sweet deal. Had it shipped for less than $20.

walmart.com $29.96

Frozen (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + Infinity Elsa) (Walmart Exclusive) (Widescreen)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Frozen-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-Infinity-Elsa-Walmart-Exclusive-Widescreen/33963131

attachicon.gif
0078693684134_180X180.jpg

Frozen (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD + Infinity Anna) (Walmart Exclusive) (Widescreen)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Frozen-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-Infinity-Anna-Walmart-Exclusive-Widescreen/33963133?action=product_interest&action_type=image&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=64967022490&category=0%3A4096%3A616859%3A617001&client_guid=c655c2b5-7f4e-4b41-a54e-04aed9c47a9d&config_id=0&parent_item_id=33963131&guid=7abe718b-7dc3-4f9d-af8c-937897ae5682&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

attachicon.gif
0078693684132_180X180.jpg
Wonder if you can buy the other seperately?

Also... any word on the final 2 TRU discs??

Lastly, picked up Mickey from Wal-Mart tonight, didn't know it came out!

Wonder if you can buy the other seperately?

Also... any word on the final 2 TRU discs??

Lastly, picked up Mickey from Wal-Mart tonight, didn't know it came out!
Mickey came out Jan 26th and is a timed Walmart Exclusive. He retail wide release is 02/09/14

As far as your other questions.

No word on the last two TRU disc and here are the release dates for Anna and Else seperate releases.

I got the bundle for $20.00 when TRU had the 40% coupon.

2/25/14 - Anna (Target Early Release Timed Exclusive)

3/4/14 - Elsa (Best Buy Early Release Timed Exclusive)

3/11/14 - Anna (Available at all retailers)
3/11/14 - Elsa (Available at all retailers)

Be on the lookout if those Frozen/figure packs are like the Monsters University packs they had they will be $19.96 the first week of release.

Just a heads up, At Gamestop the Cars Play Set has been discounted back to 14.99 - Not sure how long it will be this price.  Great deal if you haven't picked it up yet.

Just a heads up, At Gamestop the Cars Play Set has been discounted back to 14.99 - Not sure how long it will be this price. Great deal if you haven't picked it up yet.
Yeah I actually got an email from Disney about this today, so they at least seem to be promoting it hard. Wish it was the Toy Story set on sale tho. /sadface

My duaghter and I had a lot of fun with the Lone Ranger set. It has some interesting missions, it's quite large, there are some really amazing toys (horses, elephants, buildings, flying backpack!) and you can open the vault with the two figures on the set, no need to purchase any other figure :D

My duaghter and I had a lot of fun with the Lone Ranger set. It has some interesting missions, it's quite large, there are some really amazing toys (horses, elephants, buildings, flying backpack!) and you can open the vault with the two figures on the set, no need to purchase any other figure :D
Thanks, I was looking for a set that both my 4 year old brother and I can enjoy. The Lone Ranger set seems like a good pick for us.

bread's done
Back