DSiw/$20 credit and DSi XL w/$25 credit at Amazon

[quote name='SpockBlocker']What exactly did you email them to get the $25 credit difference? I swear, CS always gives me a hard time...[/QUOTE]

I just told told them that I bought a PS3 during the time they had the $75 promo and asked if they can give an extra $25 credit considering they matched walmarts deal.

emailed them and got a response 10 minutes later.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Dude, just do it. You know you're going to spend $100 eventually on Amazon anyway. I spend that much on them every month. Buy yourself 3 or 4 games or some blu-rays with that money, whats the point of having a PS3 if you're not going to have any software with it?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, Hulu Plus and Blu Ray(even though I have a blu-ray player already) would get most of the use at first, I have way too many 360 games on the backlog to justify actually playing on the PS3 right now, lol. Although Sly Cooper is very tempting.

After ordering my PS3, I went on a game hunt, already got:

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2 GOTY
Heavy Rain
Demon's Souls
Infamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
Pre-ordered LBP2 & Killzone 3
Lair (i know it sucks, but only $4)
God of War III

I'm only going for PS3 exclusives since my 360 backlog is at like 12 or something right now.

Crap. Just pulled the trigger. I don't think I even have space on my TV stand or UPS. Guess I'll figure something out. Thanks OP!

[quote name='SpockBlocker']After ordering my PS3, I went on a game hunt, already got:

Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2 GOTY
Heavy Rain
Demon's Souls
Infamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
LittleBigPlanet
Pre-ordered LBP2 & Killzone 3
Lair (i know it sucks, but only $4)
God of War III

I'm only going for PS3 exclusives since my 360 backlog is at like 12 or something right now.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's one hell of a starter kit. :D

[quote name='Coraanu']Crap. Just pulled the trigger. I don't think I even have space on my TV stand or UPS. Guess I'll figure something out. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Same, I've been brainstorming how to fit my PS3 in my setup. Whether or not to order the vertical stand...

Man, I'll end up spending 10 hours rewiring and setting all my stuff up neat and organized again...

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Damn, that's one hell of a starter kit. :D[/QUOTE]

Thank you amazon credits and gohastings low ass prices.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Christ this is a good deal. You're not only getting the $100 credit but most will save $20 - $30 over Walmarts price. I already have an 80GB but I'm seriously considering jumping on this and selling that one.[/QUOTE]

I was in same boat now i have 2 PS3s.....I had the last version of fat 80 GB PS3 but this is too good to pass up.

For everyone thinking that there's going to be a price drop, I wouldn't hold out for it, at least not a $100 price drop. Sony doesn't even make money on these things still, maybe just pulling even on the slim models now, they make their money on accessories and software. Last time Sony sold the fat ps3's at a huge loss and was only willing to do so for market penetration (year after xbox360).

like some people have said already, if you don't have one, get it now, can't beat this price anytime soon, heck even people in amazon warehouse deals would jump at a like new 199 PS3's. (well not now lol)

and for exclusives:
PS3:
Demons soul's ( A MUST for rpg fans)
uncharted 1 & 2
ratchet & clank series
god of war 1-3 (1&2 remastered is fun to replay if you haven't)
little big planet (even with 2nd one in jan, i'd recommend GOTY version, as everything transfers over to #2)
heavy rain (differs from person to person, but is really unique)
PSN:
fat princess (hours n hours of fun)
worms Armageddon
lots of old ps1 classics
stardust hd

and many more i cant remember right now.

[quote name='Viol8tor']WHAT THE....i dont even.:applause:

Im tempted to buy a 2nd PS3 unit for the house. But my phatty Metal Gear 80GB model is working great!.

Geez..so tempting.[/QUOTE]

damn i failed at multiquote....but the only reason i convinced myself was renewed warranty and the fat one already is more than 2 years old..........hell you could use one in each room haha........

i had to bite, will spend the entire 100 bonus credit on family xmas gifts. thanks for all the exclusive suggestions! now to find the best price for them all.

[quote name='Hytham']Finally picked one up for myself. What are some good exclusives?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 1 & 2,

CML I have it for trade

Thinking of biting but not sure. I was going to buy the wife a kindle cause I have a $40 credit so it would only be $100, but if I spend $300 I get the ps3 and the kindle basically for free with the credits I would have. The thing is, I don't know that I would use the PS3. I already have a blu ray player and most of their games just don't seem to appeal to me for some reason, play my games on the 360. Very torn, any suggestions.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Thinking of biting but not sure. I was going to buy the wife a kindle cause I have a $40 credit so it would only be $100, but if I spend $300 I get the ps3 and the kindle basically for free with the credits I would have. The thing is, I don't know that I would use the PS3. I already have a blu ray player and most of their games just don't seem to appeal to me for some reason, play my games on the 360. Very torn, any suggestions.[/QUOTE]

You answered your own question, don't buy it

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Thinking of biting but not sure. I was going to buy the wife a kindle cause I have a $40 credit so it would only be $100, but if I spend $300 I get the ps3 and the kindle basically for free with the credits I would have. The thing is, I don't know that I would use the PS3. I already have a blu ray player and most of their games just don't seem to appeal to me for some reason, play my games on the 360. Very torn, any suggestions.[/QUOTE]
Don't this you can use it on a kindle though....

I bought a PS3. I didn't want one right now, but I hate missing out on deals. It would have been really hard for me to buy one later knowing I missed this deal. I think they will eventually get rid of the 160GB models and replace it with the 320GB for $300. They might even drop the price of the move bundle. Either way, it's hard to complain about buying one at this price.

I'm going to wait until I get the $100 credit to buy any games. I won't even have the PS3 until next week because of shipping.

[quote name='not2worried']oh.. maybe you can, just the books..
certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, trying to contact them now to see if the credit can be used on the kindle itself, would be very upset to pull the trigger on this deal and find out I can't use it on the one item I wanted the credit for. If I can use it on the kindle I 'me going to get it. I am sure there are enough exclusives that I will get my moneys worth out of it. If not, there's always craiglist or ebay.

Question:

I ordered one a few days ago when they were offering the $75 credit. If I were to order another one today would I qualify for the $100 credit? The fine print says one offer per household.

The first system was for a friend and this new one would be for me to replace my broken out-of-warranty PS3.

you cant buy a Kindle with credit.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Question:

I ordered one a few days ago when they were offering the $75 credit. If I were to order another one today would I qualify for the $100 credit? The fine print says one offer per household.

The first system was for a friend and this new one would be for me to replace my broken out-of-warranty PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was wondering that myself. I bought one on Black Friday...but it was only a $25 credit.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Yeah I was wondering that myself. I bought one on Black Friday...but it was only a $25 credit.[/QUOTE]

I'm going through the checkout process right now and there's a message at the top of the page saying that I qualify for the $100 credit. Gonna printscreen this bitch and place my order. :)

Wish they were doing a similar deal with the 360 , I was going to get one for my brothers for christmas. I know that Wal-Mart is doing the $75 deal , but I'd rather have $100 and get it through amazon. Thinking about the possibility of getting the PS3 and selling it to someone I know for the money to get the 360 , or even just trading it for the 360.:whistle2:k

Also , even though no one is talking about it , what does everyone think about the XL deal? I've been waiting and hoping that someone would do some kind of deal for it for the holidays , but now I'm wondering whether I should jump on this , or wait and see if amazon or someone else offers a deal including the other colors or a better deal in general.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Wish they were doing a similar deal with the 360 , I was going to get one for my brothers for christmas. I know that Wal-Mart is doing the $75 deal , but I'd rather have $100 and get it through amazon. Thinking about the possibility of getting the PS3 and selling it to someone I know for the money to get the 360 , or even just trading it for the 360.:whistle2:k

Also , even though no one is talking about it , what does everyone think about the XL deal? I've been waiting and hoping that someone would do some kind of deal for it for the holidays , but now I'm wondering whether I should jump on this , or wait and see if amazon or someone else offers a deal including the other colors or a better deal in general.[/QUOTE]

save your money for the 3DS

[quote name='mywhitenoise']you cant buy a Kindle with credit.[/QUOTE]

well csr juli said i can, but then called back to double check and got rasheesh that says i can't. Now on hold with supervisor to get a real answer.

Well, the supervisor says I can use the credit to buy a kindle. He says that as long as it is and item sold by Amazon and is a physical item (no ebooks, movie downloads, etc) the credit does work. Got his name and pertinent info in case when I try to buy the kindle in a couple days they say no so I can raise all sorts of hell.

Thanks op, nothing better than getting things for free (unless it's an STD)

Damn that was fast. Was still unsure of my purchase and went to check if I could cancel and Amazon is already preparing it for shipping, lol.

[quote name='pancake lover']YESS!!

Amazon just emailed me back and gave me an extra $25 credit.

Thanks amazon.[/QUOTE]

Wow, now that is awesome customer service! I just e-mail them too... *crossed fingers*

[quote name='Viol8tor']WHAT THE....i dont even.:applause:

Im tempted to buy a 2nd PS3 unit for the house. But my phatty Metal Gear 80GB model is working great!.

Geez..so tempting.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempeted to buy a 3rd and I only own 2 TV's. LOL. I have 2 older 80gb BC MGS4 models. They run fine but in the summer the fans do go up a notch. I really want a slim. Tempting.

So whats the best way to get them to give us who got the $75 credit an extra $25 credit? I ordered it two days ago, got here a few minutes ago...

[quote name='mywhitenoise']save your money for the 3DS[/QUOTE]

I bought the Mario Edition XL and LOVE IT - it was a nice upgrade from my lite. And I will also be getting the 3DS, which is still relatively far away.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']So whats the best way to get them to give us who got the $75 credit an extra $25 credit? I ordered it two days ago, got here a few minutes ago...[/QUOTE]

Just email them asking for $25 credit to match the deal they have now. Thats what I did.

BTW just checked and they gave me $24.99 credit.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I bought the Mario Edition XL and LOVE IT - it was a nice upgrade from my lite. And I will also be getting the 3DS, which is still relatively far away.[/QUOTE]
I just bought my mario XL from best buy! horay!!!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Awesome deal on the PS3. I prefer non-bundles considering I often already have the games I want.

As PS3 exclusives, off of the top of my head there is Demon's Souls, God of War, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5, Mod Nation Racers, Valkyria Chronicles, Killlzone, Infamous, MAG, Resistance, and Heavy Rain.

I just emailed them about the extra $25 credit, my PS3 came in Wednesday, if they don't give me the $25 credit I'll mention that other users received the extra credit.

I'm so happy I finally got a PS3 up until now I've been using my brothers and he moved. Now I have every current gen gaming console & handheld on the market except for a 360.

bread's done
Back