DSiw/$20 credit and DSi XL w/$25 credit at Amazon

[quote name='Hytham']Finally picked one up for myself. What are some good exclusives?[/QUOTE]

I'm more of an Xbox 360 gamer but I absolutely loved Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and I'm currently playing Infamous, which is fantastic.

Very tempted to bite on this at one of the other places offering this even though I already have an 80 GB.

[quote name='egonpax']Cool! I did email and see if I get it. I hope so! Grrrrr. They also raped my wallet, bank account, and credit cards! Lol[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Amazon!!!

I emailed them, even after the promotion was over and received
an email quickly (about 15 minutes) and they "refunded to my original payment method" the $25 difference! I'll end up spending tons mor money on Amazon of course but it's still awesome.

[quote name='Hytham']Finally picked one up for myself. What are some good exclusives?[/QUOTE]

Play Uncharted, then Uncharted 2, and you'll be set for Uncharted 3. Playing it in order will also allow you to appreciate the leaps and bounds they've been making (and get a better understanding for the storyline). I played U2 first and then U1, and got pretty frustrated by some of the problems and difference in gameplay. Still fun, but it would've been better playing in order.

I thought I'd hate Heavy Rain but it's pretty engaging.

There's also God of War.

Amazing deal but I already got the Red Wii w/ $50 GC from Amazon back on Black Friday. No sense in getting two systems at the same time.

Ordered the $75 deal earlier in the week. CS was quick to respond and price matched today's deal by adding $25.

Amazon has been stellar, more so than on Black Friday. They are truly deserving of my time and money. Props to Amazon.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Amazing deal but I already got the Red Wii w/ $50 GC from Amazon back on Black Friday. No sense in getting two systems at the same time.[/QUOTE]

...what????...

[quote name='mywhitenoise']you'll have $50 left over...at least that's what it's been doing for me.[/QUOTE]

thanks, and confirmed... used just about half of it to buy 3 games and a Blu-Ray movie and about half of it was left when I checked the balance... took me hours to finally decide what to get.

i got for 75 credit. had them call me on the stupid site thing where it calls u and the dude was like stupid and wouldnt give me the credit and im like oh ya well what if i just return it and he is like good idea i will send u the label!

then i did chat and asked them and they also told me to just rebuy it. i dont really want to go thru the trouble to net $10 those crum bums. then they send me an email asking if they fixed my problems.

[quote name='newslowsad']Amazon is THE SHIT. Logged into their live chat to inquire about the extra $25 credit (I ordered earlier this week) and the dude took the words out of my mouth:

And less than five minutes later, the credit is already there. This is how a company should operate.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

great story man, guess i stay stuck with the jerk customer service who say they cant do anything about it :cry:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in a last ditch effort to get the 25 credit to match the 100 credit that was given out earlier today/yesterday, i emailed amazon about being dissapointed seeing the 100 credit being given when i just bought the ps3 with the 75 credit a few days ago, and that it would be an even greater christmas if i could get the 25 credit....well i emailed them about 20 minutes ago at like 1:05 am pacific time thinking i wouldnt get a response until tomorrow.... 5 minutes later i get an email apologizing for the inconvenience and that a 25 credit has been issued to my account! wooohooo!!!! i will NEVER speak ill of amazon again!

so guys you can actually get that credit even though the deal is off already

For those who got the $75 deal, you should email them. 99% you will get the $25 credits back.

For me a 3 sentences email worked. Nice job Amazon.

For those asking the deal is dead at least for now. It's been dead since like 4pm EST yesterday. Hopefully they come back and match Best Buy/Target and do it again this weekend.

Anyway got my $100 credit from my order. Expires 12/31/2011.

[quote name='goldenhk']For those who got the $75 deal, you should email them. 99% you will get the $25 credits back.

For me a 3 sentences email worked. Nice job Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Being polite and concise is the key to getting shit done.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Same here. Being polite and concise is the key to getting shit done.[/QUOTE]
No, I'm going to return the damn thing!!! Just kidding. I didn't buy mine at Amazon.

[quote name='ShockandAww']For those asking the deal is dead at least for now. It's been dead since like 4pm EST yesterday. Hopefully they come back and match Best Buy/Target and do it again this weekend.

Anyway got my $100 credit from my order. Expires 12/31/2011.[/QUOTE]

It was actually 6pm est. time. Just trying to be technical. LOL. I was on the page at that time I should know as it was there and then gone in a matter of seconds. The banner I think had disappeared earlier so that might have been what you were thinking but the verbiage and the deal was still listed in the middle of the product page.

[quote name='Ardrid']I'm actually amazed Amazon hasn't pushed this deal through the weekend since Target and Best Buy are in on the fun.[/QUOTE]

not online. i dont think anyone but amazon has had this deal online.

[quote name='goldenhk']For those who got the $75 deal, you should email them. 99% you will get the $25 credits back.

For me a 3 sentences email worked. Nice job Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, a very brief email and I got the extra $25. Amazon is #1 in customer support! :D

[quote name='chimpmeister']Same for me, a very brief email and I got the extra $25. Amazon is #1 in customer support! :D[/QUOTE]

^THIS. Just a short 3 or 4 sentence email even AFTER the deal was over yesterday.
and then BAM! $25 refund to my credit card.:applause:

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Dayum!!![/QUOTE]

My thought exactly. This is crazy! Now I'm even more annoyed I bought with a $25 coupon! Oh well...

Now that I have a Playstation again, I need someone to offer this (other than Sam Walton's Mart of Evil) on the Xbox, so I can upgrade THAT model too :D

[quote name='Earmuffin585']so can i still get a 100 GC on amazon now?[/QUOTE]
just called amazon and the offer is done ,they also said if i am going to buy one, I should wait a little bit......(smells price drop)...

[quote name='Earmuffin585']just called amazon and the offer is done ,they also said if i am going to buy one, I should wait a little bit......(smells price drop)...[/QUOTE]

While a ps3 price drop is all but guaranteed in 2011, it won't be until at least Feb and probably not until April. No way is Sony going to piss on retailers (and piss off customers) by dropping the price within the Christmas return period. Now that is not to say that Amazon might not run another promotion in the next few days.

[quote name='Earmuffin585']just called amazon and the offer is done ,they also said if i am going to buy one, I should wait a little bit......(smells price drop)...[/QUOTE]

I find it bizarre that they'd boldly say that, though also interesting. I wonder what they know...

Way to go Amazon customer service.

Had it in my cart Friday afternoon with the promotion but did not go to pull the trigger until Saturday morning and it was gone. I sent an email to customer service and they made an exception and gave me the promotion. :bouncy:

Bravo Amazon :applause:

Now $1,100 worth of orders in the past 10 days with Amazon. BestBuy $0

[quote name='Euripides']Way to go Amazon customer service.

Now $1,100 worth of orders in the past 10 days with Amazon. BestBuy $0[/QUOTE]

I only buy from WorstBuy once a year. They should be called MSRP Buy.

Awwww yeah I just got in on the $75 credit on 12/13, and per the advice ITT I emailed Amazon about it. They just credited my credit card (rather than giving me more promotional credit!) for $25.

Alright, it's been over 2 days since this deal has been over and I still don't have my $100 credit. Has anyone else not got there credit yet?

[quote name='Rhammer']Alright, it's been over 2 days since this deal has been over and I still don't have my $100 credit. Has anyone else not got there credit yet?[/QUOTE]
I got mine within 6 hours of it shipping. Contact CS they'll straighten it out.

Also note it's a promotional credit. You'll get an email for it but you won't see it on your account until you go to order something. So possibly you have it but didnt notice?

[quote name='ShockandAww']I got mine within 6 hours of it shipping. Contact CS they'll straighten it out.

Also note it's a promotional credit. You'll get an email for it but you won't see it on your account until you go to order something. So possibly you have it but didnt notice?[/QUOTE]

I got the email that said I received the credit, but it does not show up in my account.

This is what it said in my email,

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $100 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.[/SIZE][/FONT]"

EDIT: Ok, I just tried to order Bad Company 2 and it showed up as $0.00. So I guess it applied but I just didn't know how to check.

Thanks for the help!

[quote name='Rhammer']I got the email that said I received the credit, but it does not show up in my account.

This is what it said in my email,

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $100 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.[/SIZE][/FONT]"[/QUOTE]
Right. After that you should get another email telling you your credit is there. Title is "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" and says This:
"[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Thank you for purchasing the PS3 160 GB from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $100 credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (excluding Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads) until 12/31/2011."...[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

So anyway contact CS and let them know you still havent gotten it and they'll take care of it.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Rhammer']I just called the customer service line and the money is in there. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

seems you guys are having a easier time with this issue. i called them and now they telling me they have to contact promotional service to see if they can get me the credit. ugh this is gettin ridiculous. The representative even stated to me the promotion doesnt exist. what kind of bs is this?

did anyone take a screen shot of the promotion?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']If you don't already have a PS3, and this deal isn't going to make you buy one...I don't know what will.[/QUOTE]

I don't, and it did. :)

Has anyone ever had success with Amazon giving you a credit like this if you JUST bought it? I just bought a dsi from Amazon a few days ago, and I'm thinking about sending it back and getting another one shipped to get the credit, that's still 20 bucks...

bread's done
Back