DSiw/$20 credit and DSi XL w/$25 credit at Amazon

Merry Christmas, mom & dad! :whee:

Hopefully they will make the transition from regular DVD to Blu-Ray and learn to love it (they better!)

Dad will undoubtedly use this as a GT5/Nascar 2011 machine as well.

5 hours left on my auction. Got two ppl watching my 80GB PS3. Damnit, one of these bums needs to bid so I can grab this deal! I love the look/feel of my 80GB but I'm willing to part ways for lower power consumption, quieter operation, more storage space, a new warranty, and a free $100, especially when I might actually turn a profit because of how rare backwards compatible PS3s are.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Looks to be dead for the PS3, the $100 promotion is gone[/QUOTE]

Well so much for them running the deal for the whole day. I got an extra $25 credit for my order earlier this week, so I'm good. :)

Well probably best for me since I don't really need a 3rd PS3 when I only own 2 TV's. LOL. It would have been cool to have a slim though. I will just wait for the price cut next year.

[quote name='wolve']Well so much for them running the deal for the whole day. I got an extra $25 credit for my order earlier this week, so I'm good. :)[/QUOTE]

I placed my order anyway. Not taking the chance now that this is dead, though I did use Standard Shipping in the hopes that they take their time getting to it.

Got a screen cap of the promotion on my checkout scren just in case they try to pull a fast one too. Now I gotta hope my damn PS3 sells on eBay :)

Edit it is still there under special offers on the PS3 160 gb product page. Hurry people if you want one.

Whoa, I added this to my cart, proceeded to the checkout, pondered for 30 minutes while I did other things, and then ordered after the deal died. Still got the $100 promo by the skin of my teeth. I now own all three consoles....I figured it would never happen.

[quote name='3rdbass']Edit it is still there under special offers on the PS3 160 gb product page. Hurry people if you want one.[/QUOTE]
This. Order now now now if you want it.

Does anyone think I should get a 3rd PS3? I have 2 now both older 80gb versions that work decent fan gets a little loud but not too bad. I'm very tempted with this deal.

[quote name='Calinks']If this was actually just $200 as opposed to getting the credit, I'd probably bite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is what I'm thinking also. I have such a backlog of games and I'm not sure I want to buy any other games too soon. Though I want to KZ2, ME2 PS3, ME3 and UC2 as well as the TLG. I already have LA Noire for $29.99 from gohastings.

Amazon is THE SHIT. Logged into their live chat to inquire about the extra $25 credit (I ordered earlier this week) and the dude took the words out of my mouth:

Me:promotional credit17:40:17

Amazon:Hello, my name is Pradip. I'll be happy to help you.17:40:21

Me:Hi, thank you. 17:40:32

Amazon: OK, I'll issue you a $25 promotion for your future purchase.17:41:21

Me:You beat me to it!17:41:29
Me:So, my credit will now be $100?17:41:39

Amazon: Yes.17:41:56

Me:Thanks so much Pradip. Have a great weekend.17:42:11

Amazon:You, too.17:42:

And less than five minutes later, the credit is already there. This is how a company should operate.

:applause:

well sure enough they took the 100 credit down probly a good deal for me. I dont need to spend 100 on amazon stuff . If it was 200 i would have pulled the trigger. Still not a bad deal. It might be back on tonite maby. Price drops are inevitable. Seriously i have a pc and a 360 and a wii. Just dont need a ps3 dont care about blue ray etc.. If u really want one this is the best deal i have seen thus far.

D@mn it....just got home and found this out....got someone buying my first gen PS3 and I was going to get one.....now I have to resort to Wally World.....or BB if WW is out.

[quote name='Ardrid']I placed my order anyway. Not taking the chance now that this is dead, though I did use Standard Shipping in the hopes that they take their time getting to it.

Got a screen cap of the promotion on my checkout scren just in case they try to pull a fast one too. Now I gotta hope my damn PS3 sells on eBay :)[/QUOTE]

it will sell. People wait until the last minute to bid, I know I do.

[quote name='3rdbass']Yeah that is what I'm thinking also. I have such a backlog of games and I'm not sure I want to buy any other games too soon. Though I want to KZ2, ME2 PS3, ME3 and UC2 as well as the TLG. I already have LA Noire for $29.99 from gohastings.[/QUOTE]

I'm banking on GoHastings cancelling that order. They've been ridiculously unreliable lately.

has anyone received the promotional 100 dollar credit yet? i made my purchase right before the deal expired so im hoping i get it. If not ill have a chat with customer service

[quote name='Ardrid']I'm banking on GoHastings cancelling that order. They've been ridiculously unreliable lately.[/QUOTE]

Just got an email saying that they are going to honor the price mistake due to the holidays. So I guess the are making up for it.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']If I get the $100 promotional credit and I order $50 worth of stuff, would I still have $50 in promo credit or is it a one time use thing?[/QUOTE]

you'll have $50 left over...at least that's what it's been doing for me.

Typical Amazon pricing strategy

PS3 on Black Friday: Uncharted 2, Karate Kid Blu-ray, Pixeljunk shooter voucher + $25 credit

That must be the best deal because it's black friday. Purchased! :bouncy:

Last week: PS3 + $75 credit

I could have bought one game and one Blu-ray with my credit instead of being restricted to the bundle game / movie. :bomb: There's no way Amazon could come up with a better bundle than this.

Now: PS3 + $100 credit

Dammit

They did the same thing with Assassin's Creed. One day it's $37.99 as a video game DOTD, today you get a $20 credit essentially bringing the price down to $29.

Now that I think of it, this sorta happened with Battlefield: BC 2 (Ultimate Edition) but this time it was my own bad luck. I had a $25 credit from the PS3 black friday bundle and spent it on BF:BC2 which was $38. The next day Amazon has the game on sale for $26.

/rant

[quote name='beerme']So glad it's over; I almost bought one.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I kinda wanted one though. I'm tempted to run across the street to Wal-Mart and see if they have any PS3's...just to check, you never know :]

Amazon gave me the extra $25 credit, hell yes

I love Amazon so much I don't even care that they raped my bank account

[quote name='KornKid91']Amazon gave me the extra $25 credit, hell yes

I love Amazon so much I don't even care that they raped my bank account[/QUOTE]

Damn I should called! Now the deal is over. fuck!

[quote name='KornKid91']Amazon gave me the extra $25 credit, hell yes

I love Amazon so much I don't even care that they raped my bank account[/QUOTE]

They raped mine too! :lol:

[quote name='egonpax']Even after the deal was over or what? Did you chat or call?[/QUOTE]

Nah it was still going on at the time, I emailed.

I complained about it running out before I could get home from work and buy one and got a 25 dollar GC for my bitching. Try it...

[quote name='KTA']I complained about it running out before I could get home from work and buy one and got a 25 dollar GC for my bitching. Try it...[/QUOTE]
Cool! I did email and see if I get it. I hope so! Grrrrr. They also raped my wallet, bank account, and credit cards! Lol

I figure the ps3 deal at Amazon might come back at 9pm eastern.

If not I guess I'll mosey over to Walmart around 9:30 and see what's left..

[quote name='semifast']I figure the ps3 deal at Amazon might come back at 9pm eastern.

If not I guess I'll mosey over to Walmart around 9:30 and see what's left..[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's looking like this isn't coming back :cry:

I just want to comment on how great Amazon is...I placed my order around 1pm today(EST), and it was canceled; they thought it was a fraudulent card user, or something. I called today, and since they couldn't overnight it, due to the time of the new order, they reimbursed me for Tues. shipping. And the icing on the cake...I was given a $100 price reduction on the console, since the promotion had expired! This was a MUCH better solution, and I'll still purchase my games through the website. Thanks again!

bread's done
Back