Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) $2.99 w/Free Shipping at Best Buy

oldschool990

CAGiversary!
[quote name='jubeininja69']lol. let it go man.[/QUOTE]

I entered this thread cause I thought ship to store was available. It IS misleading.

[quote name='DaShaka']This game is insanely terrible. I played for 2 hours and hated every minute of it.

Don't buy into the whole "it's only $3, any game is worth trying for $3". I used to have that same mindset and now I have a bunch of absolutely terrible games that I never played or played for an hour and wish I was playing something better.

I'd honestly recommend skipping this game no matter the cost, unless you are REALLY into bad FPS games.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, this. My Steam library is full of turds I paid

Meh, could make a good (well, not so good depending on how up-to-date the receiver is on games) gift months down the road.

Free shipping no longer available on PS3 version (probably already mentioned, but I'm not going through all the posts to find out) I'll just print the product page and my local Wal-Mart will PM the deal. My closest Best Buy is 45 miles away, while Wal-Mart is only 3/4 of a mile from my house.

[quote name='primalcarnage']Free shipping no longer available on PS3 version (probably already mentioned, but I'm not going through all the posts to find out) I'll just print the product page and my local Wal-Mart will PM the deal. My closest Best Buy is 45 miles away, while Wal-Mart is only 3/4 of a mile from my house.[/QUOTE]

have you done this before? Don't think WalMart lets you use website prices. Even if it is same price in store. You'd probably have better luck just telling WalMart its $2.99 at Best Buy without having an ad or print out

I'd buy every single copy of this game if I had a time machine, and in 2007 I'd be a very rich man (No sense going back earlier than that since people couldn't play this until the 360 and PS3 came out). Oh and I'd buy gold, sell the market short, and buy up lots of cheap real estate in 2008.

[quote name='jubeininja69']lol. let it go man.[/QUOTE]

LoL @ "let it go man." :D
For some reason this made me laugh lol
Poor Duke...

[quote name='JohnnyS5']Meh, could make a good (well, not so good depending on how up-to-date the receiver is on games) gift months down the road.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, but if everything I hear is true..they may wonder what they ever did to you to deserve this lol

This game is shit. Take the three dollars and buy a drink for a girl at a bar. I will guarantee, whatever happens there is 100000000x better than the experience with this game.

And yes I have beaten DNF.

[quote name='zlatour']This game is shit. Take the three dollars and buy a drink for a girl at a bar. I will guarantee, whatever happens there is 100000000x better than the experience with this game.

And yes I have beaten DNF.[/QUOTE]

Unless what you think is a girl, isn't. :joystick:

Best Buy shouldn't have a problem with the price match - their not doing online price matches is in regards to other vendors. When they themselves lower the price, their always quick to adjust your buying price - at least that's what I've found having called them for a price match on several occasions.

[quote name='zlatour']This game is shit. Take the three dollars and buy a drink for a girl at a bar. I will guarantee, whatever happens there is 100000000x better than the experience with this game.

And yes I have beaten DNF.[/QUOTE]

You finished DNF? Im sorry you had to go through that, no one said life would be easy. :cry:

[quote name='shrinerr']Hate to be that guy but what is Gamestop giving it for trade-in?[/QUOTE]

It was under $2 a few months ago, maybe $0.50 now?

This is a decent fan-made doom 3 mod. Shouldn't it be free? Anyway this is a good time-killer until the real duke nukem forever game comes out. They've been working on it for over 15 years so it must be amazing.

Still holding out for cheaper, like a free game voucher with blood donation at my local Red Cross. Even then, it may not be worth the headrush.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Still holding out for cheaper, like a free game voucher with blood donation at my local Red Cross. Even then, it may not be worth the headrush.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, your blood is more valuable than this game.

I wouldn't even donate semen for it.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Seriously, your blood is more valuable than this game.

I wouldn't even donate semen for it.[/QUOTE]

I would think semen would be more valuable than blood?

[quote name='Jon Bon']I would think semen would be more valuable than blood?[/QUOTE]

Not even close. I don't know any catastrophes that they'd need to rush packets of semen to the hospital to fix people. Plus semen is so plentiful. You could literally donate far more often than blood. Plus if you lost 70% of the semen in your body, you'd live. 70% blood, not so much.

This random discussion brought to you by Al Gore's Internet.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Not even close. I don't know any catastrophes that they'd need to rush packets of semen to the hospital to fix people. Plus semen is so plentiful. You could literally donate far more often than blood. Plus if you lost 70% of the semen in your body, you'd live. 70% blood, not so much.

This random discussion brought to you by Al Gore's Internet.[/QUOTE]

Um, you need to at least compare similar volumes. A pint of semen vs a pint of blood, for example.

Edit:
Gives new meaning to pale ale.

[quote name='elessar123']Um, you need to at least compare similar volumes. A pint of semen vs a pint of blood, for example.

Edit:
Gives new meaning to pale ale.
[/QUOTE]

But blood is blood in worth, doesn't drop in value because someone is butt ugly or most other things. But semen from a butt ugly man might be worthless to all.

I just wanted to check to see how people were finding the deal, and I assure you this is NOT the discussion I was expecting.

[quote name='ijustw1n']But blood is blood in worth, doesn't drop in value because someone is butt ugly or most other things. But semen from a butt ugly man might be worthless to all.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that's not true. I'm just saying it's not exactly fair to say you can produce 5 mL of semen faster than you can regenerate 500 mL of blood.

I added the PS3 version to my cart but it won't allow me to choose shipping, just ship to store. Does this mean the deal is over? :(

[quote name='Twitter']I added the PS3 version to my cart but it won't allow me to choose shipping, just ship to store. Does this mean the deal is over? :([/QUOTE]

Nope, this means you should choose a store for store pickup :booty:

OK. For the people bellyaching about how 'awful' this game was, what was so bad about it if I may ask?

Save your breath if your answer sounds like this: "It wasn't teh pretty pretty shiny shiny w/ super high res blah blah I play COD 24/7 and expect every shooter to be like that"

This game was/is a fun romp with so-so graphics, crude toilet humor and I gotta say it....it was a typical Duke Nukem game. You don't pick up a DN game expecting Shakespeare or the prettiest game on the block.

It was like Duke 3D - you either love it, or hate it. Of my 4 close gamer friends back when it came out, only one guy liked it, and wouldn't stop talking about it. The rest of us had Doom LAN parties, and he eventually fell off the map.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']what was so bad about it?[/QUOTE]

The awful toy car segments in very poorly designed levels.

bread's done
Back