Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) $2.99 w/Free Shipping at Best Buy

oldschool990

CAGiversary!
[quote name='gospelman']The awful toy car segments in very poorly designed levels.[/QUOTE]
And see, I enjoyed those parts, especially the comment he made to that one chick in the one part of the level.;)

The ONLY thing I hated about the game was the loading times when you died.

u don't play duke nukem for well designed levels. u play duke nukem because its fucking duke nukem. i can only imagine what some of these people would say if they were to play some of my favorite nes and genesis games. if duke nukem forever was polished and advanced and groundbreaking, it wouldn't have felt like a duke nukem game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. For the people bellyaching about how 'awful' this game was, what was so bad about it if I may ask?

Save your breath if your answer sounds like this: "It wasn't teh pretty pretty shiny shiny w/ super high res blah blah I play COD 24/7 and expect every shooter to be like that"

This game was/is a fun romp with so-so graphics, crude toilet humor and I gotta say it....it was a typical Duke Nukem game. You don't pick up a DN game expecting Shakespeare or the prettiest game on the block.[/QUOTE]

Have you Beaten this game? By that I mean did you play until the end credits?

I didn't see it posted anywere else but my local Best Buy has the 360 version for $2.99 and the PS3 version $4.99 not the same price for both. Also, the website said they had none in-store for pick-up either version. However, when I was there they had 2 left for PS3 and 11 left for the 360. Picked up the 360 version and by some random chance Dark Souls CE was in stock for the 360 (which I know is in a different thread) which I also picked up. Their online system isn't keeping up with in-store stock lately.

[quote name='zlatour']Have you Beaten this game? By that I mean did you play until the end credits?[/QUOTE]
No. I did play up through the 'awful toy car' levels though and was likely more than halfway through the game. But I did a game purge from my collection and included this game in that purge when I did a trade to BB a while ago.

But for $5 I picked it back up and I do intend on playing it all the way through this time. Although with my backlog that should be somewhere around 2015 or so.:lol:

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Thats pretty expensive for a replacement ps3 case, at least they throw in a free coaster.[/QUOTE]

Post of the year.

I'm sorry, but this game is terrible. I enjoyed the potty humor through the first parts of the game, but eventually it just becomes down right irritating to play it. And what I mean is that the mechanics are just straight broken. I couldn't even get past a part in the game because I couldn't bounce grenades correctly... I gave up and it's been sitting on my shelf since waiting for me to get up the motivation to try again.. but with 100+ games in my backlog already I doubt it will ever get touched again.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I'm sorry, but this game is terrible. I enjoyed the potty humor through the first parts of the game, but eventually it just becomes down right irritating to play it. And what I mean is that the mechanics are just straight broken. I couldn't even get past a part in the game because I couldn't bounce grenades correctly... I gave up and it's been sitting on my shelf since waiting for me to get up the motivation to try again.. but with 100+ games in my backlog already I doubt it will ever get touched again.[/QUOTE]
I assume you're talking about the one boss fight in the stadium, where you have to bounce grenades off those trampoline type items on either side to hit the boss with them once you get them to drop their guard?

That was an easy level, but it takes one thing many gamers this gen lack: PATIENCE.

But just because you couldn't be bothered to figure out the right angle to bounce the grenades from doesn't mean the game is 'broken', it just means you gave up before actually trying to get it right.

[quote name='technicalstylez']u don't play duke nukem for well designed levels. u play duke nukem because its fucking duke nukem.[/QUOTE]

High five bro! Hey, wanna buy my Superman N64 cart? C'mon, it's fucking Superman!!!

I finished this game the other night. The load times were pretty bad and it would have be nice to carry more than two weapons at a once. Other than that I had a great time with it.

[quote name='bfg9k']I finished this game the other night. The load times were pretty bad and it would have be nice to carry more than two weapons at a once. Other than that I had a great time with it.[/QUOTE]
That's what amuses me about many modern games though is that in most shooters your character can carry an armies' worth of weaponry on them and pull them out of their ass on a moment's notice. Don't get me wrong. I love games for the escape from reality they give me, but quite frankly pulling an RPG outta thin air is still funny anytime I see it done in a game.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']The Superman64 of this Gen?[/QUOTE]

Don't even joke about that. Nothing will ever come close to the disaster that was Superman 64.

Godai: Elemetal Force tried but it was still far from it. :whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I assume you're talking about the one boss fight in the stadium, where you have to bounce grenades off those trampoline type items on either side to hit the boss with them once you get them to drop their guard?

That was an easy level, but it takes one thing many gamers this gen lack: PATIENCE.

But just because you couldn't be bothered to figure out the right angle to bounce the grenades from doesn't mean the game is 'broken', it just means you gave up before actually trying to get it right.[/QUOTE]

That was just an example of how I didn't like the mechanics. Playing the game in general the controls seemed sluggish and actions didn't work the way you wanted them to.

On that one boss fight, I did lose patience after trying to beat it for about 2 hours... got tired of trying.. that or tired of getting goo'ed on by those walking penis'... :whistle2:k

I actually loved this game. Picked it up awhile back for like 10 bucks. I think it was more of the nostalgia factor playing Duke Nukem 3D a million times as a kid though.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']That was just an example of how I didn't like the mechanics. Playing the game in general the controls seemed sluggish and actions didn't work the way you wanted them to.

On that one boss fight, I did lose patience after trying to beat it for about 2 hours... got tired of trying.. that or tired of getting goo'ed on by those walking penis'... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

=P~:drool: For some reason, I am thirsty...

And, by 'walking p...s', I assume you mean men?:)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']=P~:drool: For some reason, I am thirsty...

And, by 'walking p...s', I assume you mean men?:)[/QUOTE]

If men are little alien creatures that literally look like a penis with legs.. then sure. :applause:

I did get a kick out of slapping the boob walls... :bouncy:

[quote name='Turbojugend']High five bro! Hey, wanna buy my Superman N64 cart? C'mon, it's fucking Superman!!![/QUOTE]
I prefer the Aquaman game. He's definitely the best Justice League character.

[quote name='Monoxide1986'] tired of getting goo'ed on by those walking penis'... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that one...

... well, I'd be a rich man...

... my wife complains about the most ridiculous stuff...

... not one complaint about it while we were dating...

... geesh...

Oh man, I actually finished the XBox Aquaman game. Seriously. I'm pretty sure that rules me out of critiquing trashy video games for life.

[quote name='Turbojugend']High five bro! Hey, wanna buy my Superman N64 cart? C'mon, it's fucking Superman!!![/QUOTE]

Super hero games actually have a lock on "worst game" contenders. Supeman 64 long been considered a "worst ever" contender, but last gen's Aquaman was universally decried as horid also.

Recently, the Xplay cable show claimed that the current gen Thor game had legitimately taken the title of "worst ever" from Aquaman.

:lol: I guess I must be the only person who likes games others despise and despise games others love. Then again, I grew up gaming starting from the Atari 2600 gen, where the mind blowing graphics included such classics as these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-zN_eaRd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m86ftny1uY

So to me, for having grown up in the era when games were that simplistic, ANY game with visuals other than one dot killing another dot is an improvement and I don't need the games to be the shiniest, prettiest thing EVER. Although if devs would at least release games that aren't glitchy as shit from day one and then patch them till Doomsday that would make me happier.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Then again, I grew up gaming starting from the Atari 2600 gen, where the mind blowing graphics included such classics as these.[/QUOTE]

As did I. Kaboom was definitely my favorite, but they had their share of stinkers back then as well, some of which were set ablaze in the New Mexico desert or however that old wives' tale goes...

Perhaps DNF is the modern-age E.T.?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That could be. I wonder if there's room in that old New Mexico landfill for the remaining copies of DNF to be buried alongside E.T. Although I have to admit that I also enjoyed E.T. back in the day, since it wasn't as basic as Adventure was.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's safe to say, you have poor taste =P

Your favorite movie isn't Battlefield Earth, is it?

[quote name='Turbojugend']As did I. Kaboom was definitely my favorite, but they had their share of stinkers back then as well, some of which were set ablaze in the New Mexico desert or however that old wives' tale goes...

Perhaps DNF is the modern-age E.T.?[/QUOTE]

I'm of this generation as well. I had E.T. ... Still haunts me.

[quote name='elessar123']I guess it's safe to say, you have poor taste =P

Your favorite movie isn't Battlefield Earth, is it?[/QUOTE]
My favorite movie is a toss up between either The Crow(the original, not the horrid sequels:puke:) or the Transformers 1986 movie.

Damn! Glad ya'll bumped this thread! Going to a Best Buy where I have this ordered and was going to TOTALLY forget it!!!! :cold:

Just happen to be at a Best Buy, saw it & picked it up for XBOX 360 which they had alot of, PS3 they had far less of. Funny thing is, it fried the first cash register, something even the BB employee was surprised to see. Apparently even that cash register was a critic. :lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: I guess I must be the only person who likes games others despise and despise games others love. Then again, I grew up gaming starting from the Atari 2600 gen, where the mind blowing graphics included such classics as these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-zN_eaRd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m86ftny1uY

So to me, for having grown up in the era when games were that simplistic, ANY game with visuals other than one dot killing another dot is an improvement and I don't need the games to be the shiniest, prettiest thing EVER. Although if devs would at least release games that aren't glitchy as shit from day one and then patch them till Doomsday that would make me happier.[/QUOTE]

Combat is STILL a classic. Few games have ever had that many modes and I would wager that there is still animosity out there from games of Combat (and Outlaw) from 35 years ago. You are all wrong, btw. The worst "game" ever, without question is Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Look it up.

You guys had videogames to play with as a kid and still complained about it being bad? I played my first videogame (famicom system) when I was probably 10, mid 90s I believe! Before that we played with cans and rocks and I thought it was fun as hell.

[quote name='kouleefoh']You guys had videogames to play with as a kid and still complained about it being bad? I played my first videogame (famicom system) when I was probably 10, mid 90s I believe! Before that we played with cans and rocks and I thought it was fun as hell.[/QUOTE]

Cans and rocks has a metacritic rating 12% higher than Superman.

Online says that the store in Frisco TX off Preston only has PS3 copies but there are tons of both PS3 and 360 copies at the Frisco store. The price is $5 in store though if you don't order online with in store pickup.

I bought a copy of the game. Not sure if I'm going to keep/play it or give it away as a gag gift. Either way for $2.99 you really can't go wrong. I'll skip my morning redbull tomorrow and call it even with myself.

bread's done
Back