E3 2010 Highlights & Web Stream Guide

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Microsoft makes the publishers charge for any DLC with achievement points I know.
[/QUOTE]

Incorrect.

Twisted Metal is cool, but I was a Vigilante 8 man.

Yes. I'm a fanboy. As clearly shown, by the fact that I own both a 360 and a PS3. Way to throw insults.

I call em like I see em, and this year Sony wins E3.

On topic: New Twisted Metal looks great!

[quote name='life.exe']Incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Any idea what the official policy is then? I thought this was the reason that L4D's content was paid on Xbox and free on PC.

[quote name='xilly']Yes. I'm a fanboy. As clearly shown, by the fact that I own both a 360 and a PS3. Way to throw insults.

I call em like I see em, and this year Sony wins E3.

On topic: New Twisted Metal looks great![/QUOTE]

Yes you are. You said I'd be fine if Xbox did it. Blatantly calling out system preference as a point of argument.

I also think Nintendo (even though I do not own a Wii nor a DS newer than the slimmer one) won E3.

But I guess we can agree on Twisted Metal.

[quote name='vherub']so if there is no colossus hd announced, does that close the window?[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily. Ueda said that Colossus renders really weirdly so porting it to PS3 isn't cut and dry; we might get an announcement leading up to the Last Guardian.

[quote name='Malik112099']and sony takes second place[/QUOTE]
Kinda knew that even before watching the show.

Twisted Metal looks awesome, but Nuke mode looks fun IF can get a dedicated group of people. Since got to get leader, drag leader to missle without getting killed, wait in yellow ring of death (see what I did there?), shoot missile and hope it doesn't get taken down and repeat two more times. I Already imagine alot of people quitting once they're losing.

[quote name='Whambamm']No Last Guardian? Son of a bitch![/QUOTE]

i cant believe they didnt show that game at all. thats the only game coming out for psn aside from dead nation that im excited for. i would have like more dead nation gameplay too.

[quote name='Vader582']Sony and Nintendo def. spoke to me as a "core" gamer.
MS? Not so much.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Are we down to just videos of games now? I'm still looking for more major announcements title-wise. If Twisted Metal was the last one, it went out on a high note.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Agreed. Are we down to just videos of games now? I'm still looking for more major announcements title-wise. If Twisted Metal was the last one, it went out on a high note.[/QUOTE]

Wednesday and Thursday are chock full of TBA games. It's likely publishers who haven't sided with any of the 3 consoles and want to stay bipartisan with their announcements.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Agreed. Are we down to just videos of games now? I'm still looking for more major announcements title-wise. If Twisted Metal was the last one, it went out on a high note.[/QUOTE]
It certainly seems that way. Very little gameplay onstage this E3.
As others are saying, it would have been nice to get some Last Guardian info.

Overall a pretty boring year. I'm down for a 3DS plus a shit-ton of games when it's launched. So much for buying that XL unless they clearance out down the line.

I still love my PS3 and am already excited for other announced games. Wii still sucks but I'll probably get Zelda and Wii Party.

Interested in Crysis 2 (mostly how it will look/run on the consoles) and Ghost Recon.... GR already is a day 1 buy for me unless we find out that it really is a RTS and no one knew or bothered to tell us.....

I like Gears but the more I see Cliffy B the more I think he is an extra douchey Dane Cook

STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC!!! On G4. If you are interested go and watch G4, right now.

I still need to watch Nintendo's Press Conference, I have it on my DVR. Will watch sooner or later.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC!!! On G4. If you are interested go and watch G4, right now.

I still need to watch Nintendo's Press Conference, I have it on my DVR. Will watch sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

They present that game like it is an action but isnt it a MMO?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Beast mode on GoW looks pretty fun. For those not watching it's basically reverse Horde where you play the Locust.[/QUOTE]

sounds like they are borrowing from L4D

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Yes you are. You said I'd be fine if Xbox did it. Blatantly calling out system preference as a point of argument.

I also think Nintendo (even though I do not own a Wii nor a DS newer than the slimmer one) won E3.

But I guess we can agree on Twisted Metal.[/QUOTE]

Well, why would you even bother with a 360 without live? Let's be honest..

I have preferred the PlayStation platform since its inception, but I'm not blind that there are quality products elsewhere.. just not at this E3.

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft

Sony did the best, but Nintendo did really well too. I want the 3DS, it's just that none of the titles in the show REALLY appealed to me as much as 3rd Birthday/Valkyria Chronicles/Persona 3 did.

[quote name='xilly']Well, why would you even bother with a 360 without live? Let's be honest..

I have preferred the PlayStation platform since its inception, but I'm not blind that there are quality products elsewhere.. just not at this E3.

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft[/QUOTE]

we are ranking E3 presentations not our personal preferences (which is the way you ranked it since you think there is more sony didnt show)...i MUCH prefer my xbox over my ps3 but MS' showing was weak sauce and Sony's was plain better. Nintendo stole the show

If I didn't have a few friends on Live I wouldn't bother. I honestly didn't have or use live for a few years bridging the end of Xbox and the start of the 360. Bioware's games and Fallout 3 really dominated my system over the past year or two. To each his own.

IGN's schedule coming up:
2:20 pm
Fable III
2:40 pm
Driver: San Francisco
3:00 pm
Crysis 2
3:20 pm
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
3:40 pm
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
4:00 pm
Madden NFL 11
4:20 pm
Sony Move - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
4:40 pm
NCAA Football 11
5:00 pm
EA Sports MMA
5:20 pm
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
5:40 pm
Halo: Reach

Anything else of note going on for the rest of today on the other streams? Wasn't the crazy pre-filmed Kinect thing showing on Mtv or something tonight?

[quote name='Malik112099']They present that game like it is an action but isnt it a MMO?[/QUOTE]

It is an MMO, however it'll work like a Single-Player game or Online game if you want. It's unique, and may sound confusing until you play it, but these guys have been working on this game for years. I am super pumped for this game and so is my friend.

i dont see how you all think nintendo stole the show.their wii games looked horrible and the new zelda looks like every other damn zelda game for the gc and wii but with better use of the wiimote functions and it didnt seem like they were that accurate. though the same could be said or move it worked better although in the tiger woods demo there seemed to be some lag between you doing the motions and then your game character pulling them off in game.

on top of that as far as speakers go kevin killed it. he came in stole the show and left people wanting more. aside from that sony should have showed more damn games but they definetly showed that more was what motion gaming should be even though i still dont care about it they impressed.

[quote name='lokizz']i dont see how you all think nintendo stole the show.their wii games looked horrible and the new zelda looks like every other damn zelda game for the gc and wii but with better use of the wiimote functions and it didnt seem like they were that accurate. though the same could be said or move it worked better although in the tiger woods demo there seemed to be some lag between you doing the motions and then your game character pulling them off in game.[/QUOTE]

You're expecting logic from Nintendo fans. Bad call.

The Zelda was underwhelming in demo for sure. But the confirmation of 3DS and nixing the crappy glasses was big to me. The lineup of games for 3DS was strong, announce new DKC, show more of the new Metroid....it felt like they said "ok look, here's the focus on getting you the games you've been asking for again." The 3rd party support in that video for the 3DS was impressive.

1 - Nintendo
2 - Sony
3 - Microsoft

End of discussion. Almost everything Nintendo showed I want to get. The reason I put Sony above Microsoft is because of Portal 2 and Steamcloud support.

[quote name='lokizz']i dont see how you all think nintendo stole the show.their wii games looked horrible and the new zelda looks like every other damn zelda game for the gc and wii but with better use of the wiimote functions and it didnt seem like they were that accurate. though the same could be said or move it worked better although in the tiger woods demo there seemed to be some lag between you doing the motions and then your game character pulling them off in game.

on top of that as far as speakers go kevin killed it. he came in stole the show and left people wanting more. aside from that sony should have showed more damn games but they definetly showed that more was what motion gaming should be even though i still dont care about it they impressed.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Nintendo "stole the show", but I think their presentation was a lot better than Sony or MS. After all of this I still wont use my Wii, I will still only use my PS3 fro Blu-Ray's, and still use my 360 for everything else.

Oh, and still think all of this motion control and 3D stuff is stupid and a waste of time/money.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']It is an MMO, however it'll work like a Single-Player game or Online game if you want. It's unique, and may sound confusing until you play it, but these guys have been working on this game for years. I am super pumped for this game and so is my friend.[/QUOTE]
Wait, so you can play offline?

I'm so excited for this game. The KOTOR series was, and still is, one of my all time favorites. Still need to get around to finishing the second though.. Probably going to start over both games and beat them before spring 11 when this launches. Played wow for a month, kinda got a little tired of it and never really been into MMOs. This has got me really pumped though.

[quote name='life.exe']Incorrect.[/QUOTE]

No you're wrong. There are NO 3rd party DLC's on the Live Marketplace that are free and add achievement points. If it's a Microsoft-published game, sometimes there's a free (with only a fraction of the full content) and pay version (see Forza 3, Fable 2, etc.) but I'm not for sure if the free DLC versions have the achievements or not.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No you're wrong. There are NO 3rd party DLC's on the Live Marketplace that are free and add achievement points. If it's a Microsoft-published game, sometimes there's a free (with only a fraction of the full content) and pay version (see Forza 3, Fable 2, etc.) but I'm not for sure if the free DLC versions have the achievements or not.[/QUOTE]

Well, the upcoming RDR DLC is third party, adds achievements, and is free. I'm sure I could find more if I looked.

4703217355_15da1397f8.jpg

What, what?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...playstation-move-available-september-19-2010/

bread's done
Back