E3 2010 Highlights & Web Stream Guide

[quote name='Cao Cao']Notice how the guy mentioned Driver and Driver 2, but not Driv3r. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Driver 3 wasn't that bad. The out of car stuff was. Ubisoft had nothing to do with those old Driver games. This will be their second one. Their first Driver games was Parallel Lines.

Black and White rip off?

My player's been crapping out on me since driver, I'm watching a dance fight to "beat it" right now so I'm guessing I didn't miss anything worthwhile except rayman

Seriously, why the fuck is this bullshit dancing going on? Just show off the goddamn game. This is really, REALLY painful to watch.

Haha oh wow, that was how they ended the show?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Dear Ubisoft. I don't get it.[/QUOTE]
Ditto lol. I'm trying to type up each keynote and I just don't understand wtf is going on.

Well that's it til tomorrow. After seeing this, even Nintendo's show should be palatable.

I honestly like the dancing and was sort of hoping for a new MJ game, lol. Would've been cool I think.

Anyway, mediocre press conference, now how would that compare to the Microsoft one? Out of all the press conference's so far, EA is on top.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Anyway, mediocre press conference, now how would that compare to the Microsoft one? Out of all the press conference's so far, EA is on top.[/QUOTE]
MS really had nothing to show, since everyone knew everything that was coming. An hour of the show was devoted to Kinect, so after the first 30 you can just shut it off. They do end it by showing off the 360 'slim', but we already knew about that a week ago and had accurate pictures, too.

Out of the 3 conferences EA was far and away the best. EA's lineup is very impressive. Ubisoft and Microsoft were just awful. The first half hour or so of the MS conference was good when they actually you know......showed games.

Ubisoft's conference was actually worse than their conference last year, and I didn't think that would be possible. They should have just showed Ghost Recon and played Michael Jackson songs for 90 minutes. That would have been awesome.

Or just kept AC, Ghost Recon and Michael Jackson. That would've been acceptable, lol. Plus the Mania thing was pretty cool imo.

Jade Raymond just confirmed they're working on a new Splinter Cell game. I yawn as the aspect.

EA's conference is the best, but Ubisoft's had the best game (Children of Eden)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Shift for Driver SF sounds interesting. Now, where the fuck is Red Faction and Beyond Good and Evil 2?[/QUOTE]

Red Faction is THQ, not Ubisoft.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Red Faction is THQ, not Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea that's right my error :lol: Ok then where the fuck is Beyond Good and Evil 2?

I'm not watching E3 anymore, I'm at work... (can't really do streaming well either...) I just saw the Front Mission Evolved trailer and can I say... WoAH! Epic!

Man what a piece of shit conference. I think Ubisoft just cut Microsoft a break and replaced them as worst conference of the year. There is no way Nintendo or Sony could be worse tomorrow........... please God don't let them be.

I'm expecting Nintendo to at least be pretty interesting, since they are showcasing their new Nintendo 3DS tomorrow. So, yeah it'll be good I think.

Sony's could be decent. Not interested in motion control or handhelds so I'm not really anxious to see what Nintendo has.

Only thing that had me legitimately excited today was MGS: Rising.

I haven't enjoyed Nintendo's conference since they unveiled the Wii. It was a big fuck you to fans and the gamers who grew up on the NES.
[quote name='Fjordson']Sony's could be decent. Not interested in motion control or handhelds so I'm not really anxious to see what Nintendo has.

Only thing that had me legitimately excited today was MGS: Rising.[/QUOTE]
Sony's only chance in hell of being top dog is to STAY AWAY FROM MOVE. If they absolutely have to show something, keep it to ten minutes or less.

MGR actually had me excited until I saw the gameplay. Basically that's two E3's and countdowns completely wasted on what will most likely be a Kinect game.

The highlights of the day for me were:

-ESPN coming to XBOX Live
-Gears of War 3 Gameplay footage (I need this game now)
-Metal Gear Solid: Rising trailer
-The Old Republic Cinematic Trailer #2 (such a huge nerdgasm)
-Ghost Recon: Future Soldier footage (this looks sooo fun)

That's about it for the first day. I'm not really big on motion control stuff so meh to all that.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Children of Eden was cool, but I dunno. Also, that Project Dust? Anyone's thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I have to say about Dust is that I thought they were going to show off the proposed Xbox Live Arcade game Dust: An Elysian Tail. I thought maybe they had picked it up to publish it. Now that game looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7vE6l1MN0

[quote name='Fjordson']
Only thing that had me legitimately excited today was MGS: Rising.[/QUOTE]Ninja Raiden and Starfox Reach look pretty good.

My only true highlight was the new Hot Pursuit. I think the last time I played/bought a NFS was back on PS2, probably eight years ago or better. It was all downhill after underground.
[quote name='Gentlegamer']Ninja Raiden and Starfox Reach look pretty good.[/QUOTE]Lol, good call.

Oh yeah Hot Pursuit was amazing looking. Definitely has my interest. Medal of Honor beta next week? Hell yeah, definitely going to play that.

BTW, did anyone else catch that Your Shape chick LOST 2" between shows? She was 5'8 at MS and 5'6 at Ubisoft. Nice software. . .

Old Republic definitely has amazing looking trailers, but I wish BioWare would stop emphasizing them so much. It's an MMORPG. The actual gameplay is a complete 180 from what's shown in those trailers. I was hoping to see some new in-game stuff.

ESPN to Xbox Live is huge!!!
I think Nintendo will do alright if they show off some new Zelda and Metroid stuff. Maybe surprise us by announcing a real successor to their other franchises.

[quote name='Fjordson']I was hoping to see some new in-game stuff.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, an entire year of just being shown new environments and ending with a few lines of 'new features' was piss-poor. I don't need to see new trailers; I want concrete details and footage, especially regarding PvP.
[quote name='Tony208']ESPN to Xbox Live is huge!!![/QUOTE]Pending blackout restrictions, it would be the only reason I'd ever consider a Live sub. If they can one-up MLB.com, then I'd gladly fork over $35 vs $120 a year. Seriously doubt I'd ever play any games online though lol.

[quote name='Jodou']I haven't enjoyed Nintendo's conference since they unveiled the Wii. It was a big fuck you to fans and the gamers who grew up on the NES.

Sony's only chance in hell of being top dog is to STAY AWAY FROM MOVE. If they absolutely have to show something, keep it to ten minutes or less.

MGR actually had me excited until I saw the gameplay. Basically that's two E3's and countdowns completely wasted on what will most likely be a Kinect game.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. :applause: That just isn't MGS in my opinion. Don't call it MGS if it's an action hack and slash game. No chance Move isn't a huge part of their conference. I'm just holding out hope they do show more core games using move, especially if they added it to Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, etc and still waiting for RE 5 with move support.

Metal Gear Rising looks interesting but it seems really far removed from the MGS franchise... Raiden is just creepy now, he's starting to look like an anime interpretation of Nick Nolte. Assassin's Creed should be alright but since I'm not much of an MP guy this is probably just going to be more like AC 2.5, I'll probably knock out the campaign in a weekend. ESPN on XBL is pretty damn cool.

Ubisofts' presentation was blegh. Okay, these are the games you've decided to show and I don't much care for them, fine, but championing them with corny fanfare (oh! here come people down the aisles and they're playing... laser tag OMG! oh hey, look at this dance troupe OMG!) is unforgivable. Every year one of the top discussions regarding E3 is about all the flubs, embrassing moments, etc that happens during these presentations... how could they not recognize this when they were plotting their laster tag skit or that corny dialogue between the kinectic duo!? That said, I've found myself a new meme... someone needs to pull the audio from this one particular french dude during one of their videos, I almost pissed my pants listening to him.

I'm pretty dissapointed so far by the lack of surprises. This feeling seems common, IGN has basically been doing shtick the whole day with lolcats and such, I don't blame them.

So is the Activision conference going to be viewable anywhere?

And I'm so bummed I'm only going to be able to watch one hour of Nintendos and none of Sonys conference tomorrow. I'm going to E3 earlier... Don't know if I should avoid sony's booth until I watch it or what.

according to joystiq Slycooper collection is suppose to be announced tomrrow.

I really hope that means slycooper 4 is going to be made.

Now plz let that ICO + SOC be announced as well.

bread's done
Back