Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CHECK LIST

All done - congratulations on the CAG group's participation in the Extra Life Gaming Marathon. It was most excellent and a special thanks to Dr. Munkee for orchestrating it all.

David Whelan

West Coaster - keep on representing CAG for the next three hours :)

Well, it's all over. I'm tired as hell, jittery, and I have only $20 raised for the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. So, if you care about children in the great state of cheese and beer (maybe I shouldn't use those along with children), please, donate to my page. Even $1 would help. Maybe, you just want an even paypal balance. Maybe you do it to congratulate me on achieving what I thought was impossible. Or maybe, just maybe, you do it for the kids. The point is, DONATE!!!!!! And, remember, if you donate $15 or more, you'll be entered into my giveaway which only has ONE participant. So, click on my link, and show your support for the children of Wisconsin.

Met my goal. Pulled in $141. Not bad for less than 24 hours notice to ppl (thanks to David Whelan for his donation; every bit helps). Put in a good 15 hours and finally stopped at 9 am est (could've definitely done 24 straight if I didn't have a party to go to). Played Uncharted 2 online, Dead Space Ignition, Space Invaders Extreme, and Mirror's Edge. Damn good night of gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
To anyone who donated to me (Thanks!) I have updated my extra life page with the winners and they are:

Dougherty, Kevin - Risk: Factions (XBLA)
Warwick, John - Space Invaders Infinity Gene (PSN)
Olivera, Daniel - Zen Pinball (PSN)
Wong, Joe - Gladiator Begins (PSP)
Olivera, Lautaro - After Burner Climax (PSN)
Ballesteros, Richard - RUSE
Hallaian, Kevin - Lara Croft and Guardian of Light (PSN)
Pettit, Chase - Young Thor (PSP Mini)

Please send me a private message on CAG and tell me your name and how much you donated (to prevent anyone trying to steal your winnings!) and I will email you back the code :)

just woke up .... man laying in bed after this, you close your eyes and still see video games..... will be nice to be on a regular sleep schedule again

[quote name='morph3us']just woke up .... man laying in bed after this, you close your eyes and still see video games..... will be nice to be on a regular sleep schedule again[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, I felt the bed moving every time I shut my eyes! Thought the house was shaking until my wife assured me it was all in my head. I _think_ that's better :)

Well, it was a great day!
I pulled in more then double my original goal of $200...
Had friends and family support through encouragement, donations and coming to hang and play with me.
My AMAZING wife stayed up until 5 AM with me to keep me company (we play Donkey Kong Country 3 and Bomberman Live together)
After crashing (took me about 2 mins after going to bed) and getting about 4 hours of sleep I am feeling pretty good.
We made a large contribution and everyone should be proud of themselves.
CONGRATS EVERYONE!

I'm still pretty tired, got about five and a half hours of sleep, but had to wake up 'cause I have a busy day today. We did awesome, good job everyone.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']My mother sent me a check for some reason. Does no good since mailing it into CMN won't get it in for this.[/QUOTE]Dang, I wish I gave you more money so you could make it. :whistle2:(

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Dang, I wish I gave you more money so you could make it. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Nah I appreciate it. I got an email from Extra Life that donations can be sent until November 15th. So I'm going to forward it in.

That puts me at $199, which is $51 short of my goal but not bad.

Thanks to everyone that donated. I'm still exhausted (I think I fell asleep a few times with my PSP in my hands but I still claim that as game time!), but had a good time all around.

I'll post a blog summary tomorrow sometime.

Congrats everyone that participated. I couldn't play 24 hours straight as I had work. Wished I could have played 24 hours though. That sounds like it would be fun to try.

I feel sorry for BlueDotLounge. He has so many entries in his raffle. Impressive $964 donated. He's gonna have a fun time announcing all 201 prizes lol.

More of the aforementioned goodies. Shipping won't be a problem be cause A) many of the other prizes will be sent on from the respective company and B) One specific company has pledged a certain amount so I could take care of shipping.

Thanks in advance for you patience. You can still donate. Still trying to decide on the cut-off time.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']

More of the aforementioned goodies. Shipping won't be a problem be cause A) many of the other prizes will be sent on from the respective company and B) One specific company has pledged a certain amount so I could take care of shipping.

Thanks in advance for you patience. You can still donate. Still trying to decide on the cut-off time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't shoot you a message asking when you were ending the raffle. I had every intention on doing so, which is why I put the "unless clearly stated" part in the OP. It must have slipped my mind. Sorry!

bluedotlounge,

We don't have to do anything special to let you know the amount we received in donations right? You'll just get that from our pages and such?

I should be able to track off of you guys down. I'll be organizing my list this week, so if I run into any problems, I'll let you know.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Also, if we reach $10,000 before Nov 15th, I'll start the raffle early.[/QUOTE]

I need to hurry and get some stamps to send in the check donations I still have.

[quote name='Shoagie']Im thinking we're pretty much done. I havent seen the meter move for days.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that bluedotlounge has taken notice.

Still, the donation period has almost ended, and the raffle will begin soon.

I will do mine soon, as mine will be much easier to run. Check the forums often!

I just want to say, Good job everyone. Good luck with the raffle, it's not the real reason why everyone donated and what not, but it's a nice little perk to those who donated and helped raise money.

On a side note, having a dead PC sucks, posting this from my PS3.

I just want the raffle to be done to help my game shopping for the holidays. Theres a few things in there I wouldnt have to buy if I happen to win one.

[quote name='Shoagie']I just want the raffle to be done to help my game shopping for the holidays. Theres a few things in there I wouldnt have to buy if I happen to win one.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. Everything should be said and done by mid - late November.

Ok. Sorry about the spotty attendance. A couple awesome thing happened this week that kept me really busy:

-Got to stop by Astro Gaming, which if you checked out their site, produce some pretty kick as gaming audio accessories.
-Sold my first freelance piece to GamesRadar, which involved meeting Danny Trejo: http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/the-f...372070/g-20100310175954296039#comment_content
-Played 2.5 hours of Donkey Kong Country Returns at a press demo session hosted by Nintendo.

AND great news to CAGers...

-I stopped by KoeiTecmo's office to pick up review copies of Fist of the Northstar, both on PS3 and Xbox 360, both of which will be included in this raffle. Also got 2 Quantum Theories one for each console.

They also gave me two of the alarm clocks, and man, they're hilarious. BUT, I won't include them in the raffle unless we reach $10,000.

-Last but not least, Nintendo held a press-only mixer in S.F. to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of SMB and they let me take 7 commemorative t-shirts. So those will be available as well.

More updates shortly.

[quote name='Beatofficer']do you live in the bay area?[/QUOTE]

I do. Did you make a donation? We can do an in-person pick up if you win something

Its good to see a community doing good together, and nice that you guys that have some clout were able to use it get the game companies to donate.

Get ready folks. The winners of my raffle will be announced Monday and Tuesday. If you don't hear from me by Wednesday, sorry, but thank you again for your participation. If it weren't for you, Extra Life would not have surpassed the $450,000 mark.

If in the unlikely event we reach $10,000 before the 2010 deadline (Nov. 15), I'll include the Fist of the Northstar clock and some other unlisted items as thanks.

Could the following people email me at [email protected] with your address before December 1st? You have prizes. If you don't claim it, the prizes will be re-added into a pool for all those whose names I did not call out.

Those who donated directly to me:

D. Zabransky
C. Wieck
C. Allery
A. Duran
M. Narmontas

R. Glynn
A. Gonzalez
N. Stoller
M. Smith
G. Gibson

M. Wuethrich
T. Mayer
M. Thompson
D. Whelan
K. Marks

J. Marano
K. Assad
D. Anderson
M. Adel
C. Lammers

L. Crispens
M. Zaborowski
S. Marks
S. Naik
C. Lau

D. Barats
C. Kinger
S. McFarland
S. Stone

CAG Team members who raised their own funds for Extra Life:

A. Miller
D. Abrams
J. Gonzalez
W. Carpenter
w. Johnson

N. Varrasse
J. Eidelberg
L. Bailey
J. Spry
A. Vega

K. Schlosser
K. Dougherty
W. Malinowski
D. Schumacher
A. Lake

A. Featherstone
D. Torello
J. Bowman
C. Kruder
M. Pascual

A. Doty
K. Carpenter
B. Westerberg
J. Staebell
S. Osborne

T. Sheehan
A. Reeve
F. Porcher

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. Please note that everyone who responds before the 20th will have their packages shipped out on the 20th. Thanks in advance for waiting.

Sweet, I got something!

Thanks to bluedotlounge and all of the others involved in raising money for a cool cause. I wish I'd been involved in the actual event. Stupid work, always getting in the way! :)

Great job, CAGs may be cheap, but the totals prove they're generous, too!

Just for shits and giggles, here's a random photo of Cliffy B posing for me at an EA press event last night. It's part of my 2010 photo essay of my interviewees doing stock photo model impressions. That's actually the least funniest photo I have of him. The better ones will be shown in an article in December.

That's pretty hilarious, also awesome I won something, I kinda like how you don't tell the people what they've won, it'll be a surprise when everyone opens their package.

AND THE AMAZON $25 GIFT CARD WINNER IS...B. WESTERBERG! After some research, I found out that this is none other than CAG briaooon9! You will be contacted soon.

Congratulations to all the winners! I hope to see you all next year!

Wow, my mother won. I just contacted her about it. Is this the first wave of names to be released with the second wave coming in December?

[quote name='jaydepps']Wow, my mother won. I just contacted her about it. Is this the first wave of names to be released with the second wave coming in December?[/QUOTE]

I believe that is it for the CAGs. Not everyone who donated to bluedotlounge was from CAG.

bread's done
Back