Extra Life Game for Charity Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bluedotlounge']Well, shit. That was a nice overnight boost by Team CAG. Thanks everyone! Now I'm pretty sure I will break my fingers on Rocksmith as we're on the edge of $5,000.[/QUOTE]

Well, as of right now we are at $5085... Someone's hands are gonna be hurting after this weekend!

[quote name='Smoke7']I have tried adding my name to the team list several times now, but it either never shows up or gets deleted on the next edit. So I give up, if anyone else wants to add me on, please do so. Kind of annoying:???:

~Smoke7[/QUOTE]

I added you. If it disappears this time, I think someone hates you.

Only 9 hours until the big day! Hope Team CAG is ready for some serious gaming. I'll be going between Resistance 3, Bayonetta, Demon's Souls, and my Steam backlog.

I have actually started already, I have been playing since about 7:45 (when we put my baby to bed). I figure if I go through the night I will have more uninterrupted playtime then if I started in the morning.

My PR contact at NamcoBandai. We're in their office lobby.

7b0175a075934e75b9ad2882863705ee_7.jpg

The haul for Extra Life:

dd033b969b2042378254f3959122b425_7.jpg

Also includes the rare Pac-Man Moleskine notebook:

f15d42be0f00463f86f65ae202fe1830_7.jpg

this event just makes me proud to be a gamer!!! 2nd year supporting it and I can't join in the gaming action but I'll be cheering for everyone when I'm working my shift at the hospital. bluedot and everyone else keep up the good (and hard) work and lets top last year's record!!!

I'm starting my marathon a bit early and then switching with the wife at the actual start. Good times and hopefully a lot of money raised for a good cause.

[quote name='DrMunkee']I added you. If it disappears this time, I think someone hates you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you kind sir. I hope no one hates me LOL, I have only been a part of CAG since July and have made only a couple of posts. Really like the site though, :D

~Smoke7

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I got started late but as of 4:30pm EST I'm going. So will go deep into Sunday.[/QUOTE]

@Hell Monkey: Look at what I just added to the list:

5d081383313a4fb29603bb0e41268eef_7.jpg

There's still a few participants on Team CAG who have $0. Check out the list so their efforts don't go un-noticed!

Yeah, I'm really disappointed. Though I only signed up Thursday night, I spent all day yesterday telling and emailing friends, family, and coworkers. So far nothing, but I'm hoping I can get a few people to donate after this weekend.

I am definitely planning on making it up next year.

This east coaster is done done and done.

Started last night around 8ish. Couldn't hack the full 24hrs in one sitting though, had to take an hour long nap after about 12-13 hrs of NHL

[quote name='bluedotlounge']@Hell Monkey: Look at what I just added to the list:

5d081383313a4fb29603bb0e41268eef_7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

OMG that is freaking awesome, where did you get that? where do I get one? I need it!!!. I'm actually about to spend a lot of my time for the rest of the hours in Persona 4.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Left-field donation from Kinokuniya Books!

b69fadbf3093400e95d9384590a8de2b_7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I have that book pre-ordered on Amazon, relesae date pushed to January.

I'm not far into this thing at all. Only about 5 in, another 19 to go! On my 3rd cup of coffee though.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Wooo! Just hit my goal! A feat I didn't manage last year.[/QUOTE]
congrats and good luck all...

i felt this year's fundraiser really snuck up on us quick?! I wish i had more time too and i would have tried to round up sponsors in addition to me just donating, but every little bit helps and i'll be ready for next year.

who's playing what on ps3? now too!?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Wooo! Just hit my goal! A feat I didn't manage last year.[/QUOTE]
Congrats! I made mine last year, but sadly this year I am way short. That will just motivate me even more next year.
Keep up the good work CAGs. East Coast you guys are almost to the end!

[quote name='waatulakula']Congrats! I made mine last year, but sadly this year I am way short. That will just motivate me even more next year.
Keep up the good work CAGs. East Coast you guys are almost to the end![/QUOTE]

Same here, though admittedly I set my goal 5x higher this year. I should get to at least 60% of my goal once a few lingering donations pour in.

And very well done on all of us crossing 1.1 million. It's insane that we damn near tripled last year.

Now that I've recuperated, time to finish up my last few hours. Anyone up for some L4D2? :)

Never really got around to posting in this thread, but it's because of frostybroc I got involved in this charity and joined this team. This was the first time I've ever participated in Extra Life and for even not really knowing anyone besides frosty, feel real proud about all the money the team raised (I raised 99% of my $250 goal :) ). Can't wait to do it again next year!

I managed to drum up $300 of my $500 goal. Not as much compared to last year, but still glad to be a part of Extra Life.

Tough day of gaming. Xbox Live issues with my friend who was going to play with me most of the day. Major case of exhaustion with 5-6 hours left.

Had a blast though!

i sadly got in really late so only got one friend to sponsor me. that and work called me in during the day so i couldnt even get to continue to search. def doing this next year for sure.

I'm starting my time tomorrow at 1pm. If anyone can send me an invite to join Team CAG I would really appreciate it! When I tried to join it redirected me to the create account page for some reason...

[quote name='Nealocus123']I'm starting my time tomorrow at 1pm. If anyone can send me an invite to join Team CAG I would really appreciate it! When I tried to join it redirected me to the create account page for some reason...[/QUOTE]
I thought you're suposed to game on last Saturday and that's it? o_O Can you just game whenever?

[quote name='randomdud']I thought you're suposed to game on last Saturday and that's it? o_O Can you just game whenever?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Most people did their marathon Saturday, but a lot of people were not able to. People can make up the time whenever they can, although there is an official "make up day" this Saturday I think for those who want to do it then.

That last sentence makes this sound like a school project lol

Oh, really? You think there would be enough interest if i joined up and participated on the makeup day? I'd like to help some children out and I have some stuff I could give away as prizes.

[quote name='randomdud']Oh, really? You think there would be enough interest if i joined up and participated on the makeup day? I'd like to help some children out and I have some stuff I could give away as prizes.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely ask around. I know there are a few CAGs who wanted to do it but couldn't last Saturday. You might be able to drum up some interested people to do it. Maybe make a 2nd Chance thread and give prizes out to those who join you? Plus this thing has raised 1.8 MIL so far, but they are trying to reach 2 MIL. I'm sure they appreciate people still going at it :D

Hmm, I think I'll make a thread about this 2nd chance idea tomorrow and see what sort of responses I get. I'll try joining through the Team CAG link tomorrow as well.

[quote name='randomdud']Hmm, I think I'll make a thread about this 2nd chance idea tomorrow and see what sort of responses I get. I'll try joining through the Team CAG link tomorrow as well.[/QUOTE]
Joined through the Team CAG link. I'm going to go take a look at the prizes I can offer to my donors and the other Team CAG members. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I didn't even hear about this until the 13th I still managed to get $200 in donations from friends and family in only 3 days. Needless to say I am pretty happy about it.
I might have been tired the next day, but it was worth it. I look forward to next year. :D

~Smoke7

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back