Extra Life Game for Charity Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your patience everyone who donated to me. I'll have details on how I'll award the prizes in the next couple days + a mega-update to the prize list. It nearly doubled since then.

The producer and art director of Final Fantasy XIII-2 were in town for press demos of the game, so they signed this for Extra Life.

4c6a903652414e338714695d7960478e_7.jpg

[quote name='kazooie16']anyone actually got contacted by bluedotlounge yet? just wondering...[/QUOTE]

I tried sending a message, just to find out when he's doing the drawing. No reply yet.

He may also be waiting for the end of the month since a lot of people are still collecting and doing make-up.

(I still have a bunch of cash I collected to deposit and then put into it)

Yeah he is busy. He has a job, and loads of prizes to raffle off and get sent off. The man raised over $1,000, so this is no small task.

If he does it like last year, when he has everything figured out, he will post a list of names that are winners (which will probably be almost everybody). You then email him your address, and your package will come.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Yeah he is busy. He has a job, and loads of prizes to raffle off and get sent off. The man raised over $1,000, so this is no small task.

If he does it like last year, when he has everything figured out, he will post a list of names that are winners (which will probably be almost everybody). You then email him your address, and your package will come.[/QUOTE]
It sounded like he was doing something a little different this year with a turn by turn system first, then raffling off the rest of the stuff.

Yes, I am busy, but I'm sure I'm no more busy than the most of you. ;) As some of you know, I'm a freelance games writer for Machinima, GamePro, Complex, and G4 (among other sites).

I'm considering making November 19th the cut-off day for my donations. Also, folks like Capcom, Square-Enix and Aniplex have expressed interest in helping out, but haven't come around to sending product, so I'm giving them extra time.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']Yes, I am busy, but I'm sure I'm no more busy than the most of you. ;) As some of you know, I'm a freelance games writer for Machinima, GamePro, Complex, and G4 (among other sites).

I'm considering making November 19th the cut-off day for my donations. Also, folks like Capcom, Square-Enix and Aniplex have expressed interest in helping out, but haven't come around to sending product, so I'm giving them extra time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update! I'm sooooo excited for this! Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss my chance.

Just want to apologize the winners from my drawing, I apologize for the delay as some issues have come and will delay me sending out the prizes. I didn't forget about you guys, and will try to get them sent this weekend.

Again I apologize.

So, just curious how things are shaping up for everyone. My raffle is looking like it's dead because only one person donated so far. :( Not sure how to get more people interested.

I'm still anxiously awaiting more raffle/prize info! It'll be like a mini Christmas before the real one :D Sorry you aren't getting donations though. I guess after the initial push, people have lost interest.

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop for prize winners. I know that's not what it's all about, but it is a nice bonus for the people who donated! Great job everyone!

[quote name='kazooie16']it's past the 19th... so I don't win anything?[/QUOTE]

Everyone will be contacted one at a time by random order, and each person will get to pick one (1) prize from what ever is left at the time.

I think that it will take at least a couple of weeks to get through everyone if it works as stated above (from the OP).
I would guess late this month or early next month would be the time to start thinking that it's running late.

Since everyone is going to get at least one thing based on the size of bluedotlounge's donation list, I think that it will be worth the wait!

Anyone heard from frostybroc? I was hoping to get Sonic Generations as my game of choice, but Gamestop has a Black Friday deal on it. Not sure I can hold out and miss the deal lol

I was wondering about that too, but i'm going to say so far no word. Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full!!! I'd have faith in him, sooner or later he'll catchup, and with the list of prizes and stuff, its no wonder he has his hands full! ( I think last year it took 4-6 weeks of contact, emailing address, what system you prefer etc, and then he has to ship the stuff out).

[quote name='waatulakula']Also remember he does review games for a living so he's been more than a bit busy lately I'd imagine :) . He will get it all done.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, taking longer than I had expected, but I don't see any reason why he would bail. I mean, seriously, what is he going to do with like 10 copies of the same games over and over? :lol:

I sent some prizes out this weekend. I apologize for the delay. Stuff going on so there will be a delay, but winners will get their prizes.

[quote name='blackdog60']Well I guess bluedotlounge had decided cag is no longer necessary. 2 months since he has been on.

Credibility...... it is important.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. I understand life gets in the way, and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's not that difficult to find 5 minutes within the last 2 months to at least send out an update. I feel sorry for anyone who gave a direct donation solely for an extra raffle entry.

Small update for the people who donated/posted in my thread. I sent out prizes to everyone who donated, but I may not be able to send the additional prizes I promised. I've been having some money issues with my credit cards and until this gets resolved, prizes are indefinitely on hold. I apologize and will post when the prizes are available again and recontact you all.

Speaking of..frostybroc, do I still get the game of my choice for winning your raffle?

EDIT: Just got the game today! Thanks Frostybroc!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blackdog60']Well I guess bluedotlounge had decided cag is no longer necessary. 2 months since he has been on.

Credibility...... it is important.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does suck to put out such a huge list like that and then never follow through on it. It was certainly big enough for everyone that donated to get something as he had said.

Maybe he decided shipping was going to cost too much to that many people? Still, would have been cool to stop by and say something.

What happens for people who donated for a raffle entry? I guess thankfully the money went directly to Extra Life and not to Bluedotlounge.

Sorry guys. I kind of forgot about this. I had NO idea about bluedot. Last year he was very attentive and anyone who participated knows that he was good on what he promised. We expected no different this year.

Let me look into the matter.

Hey everybody. Thanks for the many PMs and emails. And terribly sorry about the wait.

I'm looking to get every donation sorted and all the items sent out during February. If it's of any consolation, I'll also be including a number of shwag items from the various press events from the last two months, including a human-sized Death mask from a Darksiders II event two weeks ago, and this Darkling statue that came with the review copy of Darkness II:

http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/7e0427c24c8211e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

In addition, here are 8 PSN codes from the recently released Marbians game. First come, first served:
57FP-TCNR-DP4D
774B-A2ND-KH36
68JJ-C6NL-RL29
3NT8-8ANN-BA48
85MP-TLNA-D7FC
HHJB-G4N9-34JG
B284-T6ND-BCFC
RG3C-RGNJ-CJJP

So here's the plan; a slight variation of the initial raffle format. Instead of donors being picked one at a time, donors will be contacted in groups of 5 every 2 to 3 days in February starting February 1st. The earlier you're contacted, the larger the selection.

There is a slight upside if you're contacted later in February, as there'll most likely be new shwag items I've collected from the February press events that I'll include, such as Vita-related stuff and possible items from an Activision press junket I'm attending in Vegas next week.

57FP-TCNR-DP4D was taken, but I used 774B-A2ND-KH36 successfully. So if you're just coming to this thread, there may still be valid codes.

Glad you're alive and ok, bluedot! I was able to get a code and it was 68JJ-C6NL-RL29. Thanks, man! Hope to hear from you soon!

thank you for dropping the codes. Has everyone been contacted yet? because I still haven't, also id love to hear what you guys picked

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back