FIFA World Cup 2014 OT (Congrats to GERMANY & kdiddy1989)

^Couldn't have said it better myself but the Mexico defense certainly leaves a lot to be desired, especially against set pieces. 

I saw only one bad call on the first goal, second was offside, the second guy was offside in front of the keeper on the corner, in play and thus a disallowed goal.

I hate this Spanish announcer espn has.

Cant understand him and why do they always say the spanish names with way too much flair.

Cant understand him and why do they always say the spanish names with way too much flair.
I hate them because I feel the pair are very unprofessional, the color commentator is terrible. Some of the stuff they talk about. I guess it may be because English is not their first language.

hahaha I feel you on this one. Alejandro Moreno always turns it into something dramatic. "What a chance by Peralta" turns into "What a chance by Oribe El Sepillo the brush Peralta" lol

3 huge points for Mexico. Getting one point in their next couple games will be a tough task in itself so it was absolutely essential they pull off this win. Tough loss for Cameroon, who also needed the W for any hopes to advance, but they really did a lot of sitting back today.

And now for the main event...

Well deserved 3 points for Mexico but I fear the Croatians may push them around a bit.

Now I'm going into radio silence since I'm going to watch the game tonight once I'm home and everyone under the age of 10 is asleep.

Took his foot out from under him. Thats a penalty. Not nearly as bad as the one from yesterday.

Costa gonna look good in that CFC blue if we get him signed.
watch the replay, he stepped on the defenders leg as it came through, dumb play by the defense, but Costa sold it

Love Netherlands play style, but they are getting old and don't have the players they used to.

Man how did they not win anything with the likes of Van Der Sarr, Seedorf, Davids, and Van Nistelrooy?!?!

Love Netherlands play style, but they are getting old and don't have the players they used to.

Man how did they not win anything with the likes of Van Der Sarr, Seedorf, Davids, and Van Nistelrooy?!?!
They have no team unity. They are a bunch of know it alls. You basically have 11 players out there who think they know better than the coach.

They have no team unity. They are a bunch of know it alls. You basically have 11 players out there who think they know better than the coach.
I realize that.... there was a lot of problems off the field with them. Just can't believe ego's took away what could have been a great run there.

Yea but still, dude just looks old. haha.

RVP and Van Gaal are gonna be really good in EPL for the next few years.
United is in desperate need of 2 midfielders. Ideally they would land Strootman and Vidal/Kroos (pipe dream I know). Realistically, they'll probably move Rooney to midfield and sign a holding midfielder (maybe schweinsteiger). I do think they can get Strootman in January after Roma crashes out of UCL but they'll have to pay a hefty fee for him.

I realize that.... there was a lot of problems off the field with them. Just can't believe ego's took away what could have been a great run there.
Best Dutch team of the last 20 years was the 98 team. Simply an amazing team that was unlucky to lose to Brazil in PKs.

cropped_RVP.gif

holland%20goal%202.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
spain is all about keeping games close and then holding a lead.  When they allow goals they can't play their game and you get this.  It's why the US beat them, but then couldn't beat Brazil.  Spain can't play when behind.

Casillas is horrid.

WTF was he doing.

2 goals are his fault, the corner and that one. Corner should have had regardless, and that one was just wow.

Old man strikes again!

Dude. where did that other gear come from?

Robben is still an asshole though. Easy pass to left for easier goal than what his turned out to be.

Ball hog.

bread's done
Back