FIFA World Cup 2014 OT (Congrats to GERMANY & kdiddy1989)

I also think Portugal looks terrible, they are not passing well, holding on to the ball too long... no team ball.  and no one will find Ronaldo and he looks pissed.  This may bode well for us after all

As for Ronaldo, he does have a significant injury that was talked about, may be worse than people thought.

This does look more like the Portugal that struggled throughout qualifying and not the Portugal in the playoff vs Sweden.

Down 3 goals and 1 man, I expect to see a less than 100% Ronaldo subbed out of this one.

I would love to see Germany score a couple of more goals before all is said and done. 5-0 sounds about right.
Ditto. Huge for us.

Beat ghana tie portugal and not get killed by germany, could go through on 4 points with GD.

And coentrao just pulled a groin or hammy.

Edit and my boy Schurrle is on.

Go on, get you a goal or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coentrao might have pulled his groin. Huge for us, basically half of their defense will be out against us.

seriously.... could this be working out any better?  Hummels done now for Germany...  We may actually have a chance?!?1

Germany is very good but gosh Portugal looked terrible. No striker, a converted wing back playing in the center of midfield, and they roll over a group of good players (I hesitate to say they're a "team"). Ronaldo may have Miereles kneecap Nani to get some service.

I'm so freaking nervous for the game.

Let's go USA!

Iran 0 - 0 Nigeria, first tie of the tournament.

Now time for the USMNT do it their thing.  I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

http://youtu.be/gyWVia7hzGs

Hmmm...Return of the 4-4-2 diamond but like I said, I trust Klinsmann knows what is best. See you guys at halftime. Enjoy the game and GOOOOOOOOOO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe!

Terrible injury. We really needed Jozy. I feel horrible for him. Let's see what Johansson can do.

Oh my god what a first half. From the ultimate rush of excitement of the goal to the heartbreak of losing Jozy and everything in between, this was the most action packed half of football that I've seen in a long time.

Great finish! Sloppy game but got the must-have win. Losing Altidore sucks though, and we have to find a way to keep possession more. Leaving Donovan off the roster stings more now for sure.

The win was great, but I'm still confused as to why Jermaine Jones was the one pushing forward while Michael Bradley was staying back with Beckerman.

We got the W. We lost Jozy. That's all that needs to be said about this game. Hopefully we improve in possession between now and the Portugal game because inviting Ronaldo and co to attack is not a good recipe for success. 

Excited to see Belgium play today. I hope lukaku plays and goes off. Either force Jose to keep him and play him, or he gets so much buzz we sell him for a fuckton.

I think Belgium will have a good showing against Algeria. I'm excited to see Brazil v Mexico. Mexico needs a result here if they plan to go through. 

EDIT: Check out this beauty from last night

EmbellishedShorttermAndeancockoftherock.gif

Nah mexico can go through even with a loss. Figure croatia beats Cameroon too, puts them even at 3. Mexico needs to beat croatia, or not get killed by brazil and tie croatia and go through on GD.

Definitely not a must win game for mexico, but if they manage a tie, would help as they wouldnt rely on GD with a tie with croatia.

Basically have to tie or beat croatia though, unless they somehow stun brazil (not likely)

What a freaking idiot vertonghen is. Guy wasnt going to get there I dont think, and then you pull him down. Lucky to only get a yellow, I think if ball was closer he would have.

1-0 algeria.

Come on red devils...

Decent game so far. Belgium look tentative but I'm sure the goals will come. It also doesn't help that Algeria is doing a pretty good job defending aka "parking the bus". 

Huge point for Mexico today. The game could've easily been 2-2, 3-3 but Julio Cesar and Memo Ochoa were in great form today. Heck of a game.

Solid win for Holland. A shame Australia didn't get a point from the match. They played their socks off. 

Spain v Chile should be very entertaining. 

bread's done
Back