FIFA World Cup 2014 OT (Congrats to GERMANY & kdiddy1989)

I never thought I would say this but Spain are in real trouble. They have no choice but to win the next two games. 

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Courtois

2. Howard

3. Buffon

4. Casillas

5. Neuer

6. Lloris

7. Hart

8. Ospina

9. Begovic

10. Ochoa

How dumb does that list look now?

but they will... Australia and Chile.... they will make it.
Chile is the most dangerous team in the group. With a healthy Vidal they are as good as any team in the tournament. Also, they are one of the few teams to have scored against Spain both times they have played them since 2010.

Netherlands may be my new favorite to win it all after Spain and Brazils showing thus far... let's see what Germany does.

Torres use to be my favorite player a few years back. When he first got to Liverpool he was pure class. The man looks lost out there.

I can't believe what I just saw. The defending world champions got destroyed. Add me to the list of people who picked the Dutch to not see a game after the group stage...definitely did not see that type of performance from them. Thought their injuries would've had a bigger effect on them.

Chile not only need this win now, but need to build up the GD with the way this group looks to be heading. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Spain-Dutch-Chile triangle where each team defeats one and loses to the other.

I can't believe what I just saw. The defending world champions got destroyed. Add me to the list of people who picked the Dutch to not see a game after the group stage...definitely did not see that type of performance from them. Thought their injuries would've had a bigger effect on them.

Chile not only need this win now, but need to build up the GD with the way this group looks to be heading. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Spain-Dutch-Chile triangle where each team defeats one and loses to the other.
This could very well happen. The Dutch might have nothing to play for going into the last group game against Chile (depending on their goal differential/result against Australia).

Well that's 1-0 for Chile.

EDIT: Make that 2-0 Chile.

EDIT #2: Chile 2 - 1 Australia. Socceroos are looking better. 

Man, I know I'm late to this party, but Spain got SPANKED. I would have thought they at least wouldn't have lost soooo bad. Guess I was wrong :lol:

Just when we all thought the Croatia keeper put in a stinker, Casillas shows how stinky it can get. Thanks for keeping it real Iker.

He set up the goal with a nice pass so he wasn't that bad. Her did waste that one opportunity in the second half though. Why Henderson started is a mystery to me.

We need Germany to win today. A tie would do us no favors. 

12:00 p.m. - Germany vs. Portugal, ESPN

3:00 p.m. - Iran vs. Nigeria, ESPN
6:00 p.m. - Ghana vs. United States, ESPN

We need Germany to win today. A tie would do us no favors.

12:00 p.m. - Germany vs. Portugal, ESPN

3:00 p.m. - Iran vs. Nigeria, ESPN
6:00 p.m. - Ghana vs. United States, ESPN

Exactly, If Germany can win the first two, they may be sitting their best player against us... it is honestly what we want! Germany to win out and tie us. Then Portugal to lose to germany, Tie Us, and either lose or tie depending on what we do against germany... Right now though we want Germany to win.

Howard

Johnson     Cameron    Besler    Beasley

Beckerman          Jones

Bedoya        Bradley      Dempsey

Altidore

The switch from the 4-4-2 against Turkey just worked so well against Nigeria that I'm sure we'll see the 4-2-3-1 again with Dempsey and Altidore switching places at times. I think the lineup above would be best for the match today, but I could see Chandler starting instead of Beasley, same with Zusi over Bedoya. Klinsmann has had tons of time to prep for this match so I'm confident and believe in his decisions. The only thing that would make me scratch my head is the switch back to the 4-4-2.

Howard

Johnson Cameron Besler Beasley

Beckerman Jones

Bedoya Bradley Dempsey

Altidore

The switch from the 4-4-2 against Turkey just worked so well against Nigeria that I'm sure we'll see the 4-2-3-1 again with Dempsey and Altidore switching places at times. I think the lineup above would be best for the match today, but I could see Chandler starting instead of Beasley, same with Zusi over Bedoya. Klinsmann has had tons of time to prep for this match so I'm confident and believe in his decisions. The only thing that would make me scratch my head is the switch back to the 4-4-2.
That's a pretty good lineup if a bit too defensive for my liking. I guess the plan would be to hit them on the counter. This is what Bruce Arena predicted (also defensive):

Bruce Arena predicted starting XI for the United States (4-3-2-1):

Tim Howard (G), DaMarcus Beasley (LB), Fabian Johnson (RB), Geoff Cameron (CB), Matt Besler (CB), Kyle Beckerman (CM), Graham Zusi (RM), Jermaine Jones (LM), Clint Dempsey (CM), Michael Bradley (CM), Jozy Altidore (F)

That's a pretty good lineup if a bit too defensive for my liking. I guess the plan would be to hit them on the counter. This is what Bruce Arena predicted (also defensive):

Bruce Arena predicted starting XI for the United States (4-3-2-1):

Tim Howard (G), DaMarcus Beasley (LB), Fabian Johnson (RB), Geoff Cameron (CB), Matt Besler (CB), Kyle Beckerman (CM), Graham Zusi (RM), Jermaine Jones (LM), Clint Dempsey (CM), Michael Bradley (CM), Jozy Altidore (F)
I don't know, with the diamond, i feel like Zusi and Dempsey would be more similar to wingers, three attacking guys and then Bradley as the attacking midfielder. Leaves Jones and Beckerman back. I think they can get what they are looking for out of it!

Not gonna lie, getting excited and nervous as fuck

I think as long as Germany wins or ties is good for us. If germany win first 2 games, depending on the rest, might sit some guys against us to edge out a tie. Beat ghana tie portugal and germany, 5 points and out of the group maybe depending on GD and what other matches play out. 

Really though, nothing matters other than beating Ghana today. Rest of our speculating dont amount to shit without a win today.

I BELIEVE.

Not gonna lie, getting excited and nervous as fuck.

I think as long as Germany wins or ties is good for us. If germany win first 2 games, depending on the rest, might sit some guys against us to edge out a tie. Beat ghana tie portugal and germany, 5 points and out of the group maybe depending on GD and what other matches play out.

Really though, nothing matters other than beating Ghana today. Rest of our speculating dont amount to shit without a win today.

I BELIEVE.
Exactly... we have to win today or we can all but book our tickets home. We could still do it don't get me wrong, but would need a lot of help! Go Germany!! Schweinsteiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!

I hope our boys go out there and take the game to Ghana. Win or lose leave it all on the pitch. But first Germany v Portugal.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espnfc.com%2Ffifa-world-cup%2Fstory%2F1883796%2Fghanas-andre-ayew-says-there-is-no-way-ghana-wont-beat-united-states&ei=jhSfU7XjLMWYqAaC4oGgCg&usg=AFQjCNEditCU-Snbj_IDUwkHOuQRhaxkFA&sig2=tYnlXn68te2v1rO8UaBg-Q&bvm=bv.68911936,d.b2k

Come on boys, they think it's in the bag, they have beat us two world cups in a row, not today!!!

2534063-captain_america.jpg

Should have been red too. Clear goal scoring opportunity if not fouled and he was basically last defender back at time.

Yellow only makes for a better match, but portugal should be 10 men right now.
lets hope the non red doesn't come back to bite them... would have been an easy win at 10 men

Pepe sent off. What a dip shit.

Head butted Mueller after raking his face.

Out for the match against us at least.

Well this match is over. Question is how many goals can Nationalmannschaft score?

5- 0? More the better, could come down to GD with us and portugal.

bread's done
Back