Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

I've looked around but I havent found any information as to when phase 4 beta starts.  Anyone have any idea?

If no one else is dying to do it, I'll volunteer to set up and maintain a CAG linkshell (on Cactuar).  Will give us a dedicated chat channel to find other CAGs to play with.

Aug 17th for everyone, the 16th if you were already in beta P3.
Note that there will be a Level 20 cap in Phase 4. It really shouldn't be a huge deal unless you're a truly impatient hardcore progression player. For the rest of us it'll be a good opportunity to level multiple classes to grab key cross-class skills.

If no one else is dying to do it, I'll volunteer to set up and maintain a CAG linkshell (on Cactuar). Will give us a dedicated chat channel to find other CAGs to play with.
This would be great and would solve my dilemma about which server to roll. Thanks in advance if you do!

If you like to, you could use a standard mouse and keyboard.
I use a standard USB keyboard and it works great, I've also been told by friends that a bluetooth keyboard works as well.

Note that there will be a Level 20 cap in Phase 4. It really shouldn't be a huge deal unless you're a truly impatient hardcore progression player. For the rest of us it'll be a good opportunity to level multiple classes to grab key cross-class skills.
^ this. I know I'll be getting my chocobo (lvl.20) and mining like crazy! So, I don't mind the cap at all, I want to get a ton of mats together before launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be great and would solve my dilemma about which server to roll. Thanks in advance if you do!
No problem. I'll set it up at the start of Phase 4, then people can start posting their character names and I'll shoot them an invite.

Having a dedicated CAG linkshell will help a lot with finding groups, especially for non-duty finder content.

I was using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard during phase 3. It was really hard for me to learn the controls because there is no tutorial for the mouse and keyboard setup  :headache:

Well the UI is supposed to be swappable. (The PC version switches between a keyboard and mouse and a controller UI.)

It just wasn't accessible on the PS3 Beta. (It was on PC tho.)

Add me to the fray on this prob going to be a human lancer and dragoon. Then start working on my Mage class to become an arcanist

I played a Thaumaturge in beta p3 almost the entire time and loved it, but on the last day I tried a Conjurer and had a good enough time that I may roll with it. Never healed, most of the time I tanked in previous mmo's so I thought I might try for an entirely new experience with the Conjurer or I'll rock Thaumaturge again.

I got two classes and three names I'm thinking about and only a week to decide... hmm this could be tough I'm the type to re-roll for the first 24 hours trying to decide on my character.

Wont be gaming on the PS3, especially an MMO, till my recently-broken TV is fixed. Going to be in PC-mode =D no worries about keybo/mouse, I actually prefer the DS3 versus the usual K&M , they did a really good job IMO integrating the DS3 to work wonderfully with FFXIVARR =D

Meet everyone on Cactur, most likely will be going as Herosvillain (or Heros*?*)

=D

16th!~~~~

I am not normally a big fan of MMOs, but I did actually enjoy FFXI a bit from the little I played it. I am getting a little hyped with this re-release and all the positive word of mouth I am hearing. I may actually give it a shot on the PS3 and see if it will be my thing or not.

How many CAGs getting this at launch ?

I already paid for the pc version at its failed launch, so ill be playing on that 

I got both the PS3 and PC with some credit and promo codes, since I plan on playing in a couple locations. So yeah, I'll be a beta P4'er ~ EA'er :D

I got a $10 rebate card today, so I put in a pre-order for the PS3 version at Amazon. The free time and the $10 Amazon Credit with purchase with the inclusion of the rebate card put me over the edge. I still want the PS4 version, so I guess we'll see what they do for me when the time comes.

Is there any benefit to someone to purchase both the PC and PS3 version ?

I already *own* the pc version since i bought the original XIV

And If I can get the ps3 version for 40$ +10$ promo + 30 days free playing time, it comes out to only 20$~ 

But is there any real benefit ?

Is there any benefit to someone to purchase both the PC and PS3 version ?

I already *own* the pc version since i bought the original XIV

And If I can get the ps3 version for 40$ +10$ promo + 30 days free playing time, it comes out to only 20$~

But is there any real benefit ?
Being able to play the game on the PS3 and your PC.

Being able to play the game on the PS3 and your PC.

Well yeah, I meant other than that lol.

Like a lower monthly fee, or being able to play two characters on your account at once or something.

I mean I see the PC as the better experience, i just dunno if theres a reason id want both over just one

What he said.  The only reason to buy both (which I am) is if you want to be able to play on both.  It'll be the exact same service account between the two.

hmm

is the open beta pc only or ps3?

I might try that on ps3 and see how i like it, and maybe buy both then

Phase 3 was both, so it leads to the thought that it should be both as well.  Btw, I read on someone's facebook post that it may start on the 16th (open beta I mean) if no one has mentioned this.

Phase 3 was both, so it leads to the thought that it should be both as well. Btw, I read on someone's facebook post that it may start on the 16th (open beta I mean) if no one has mentioned this.
It will be on both.

It starts on the 16th for those who were in the previous beta phases. For everyone else it starts on the 17th. In both cases, 5 AM EST.

Couldnt help myself, ended up buying ps3 version just now >>

lol

guess I got both

How can i check my current account status? 

How can i check my current account status?
Log into the Square Enix Account Management site. It should have it listed there if you check current accounts.

If you played in the previous betas (or if you registered a key and didn't play) you should be good for the 16th. Otherwise you can get in on the 17th.

Log into the Square Enix Account Management site. It should have it listed there if you check current accounts.

If you played in the previous betas (or if you registered a key and didn't play) you should be good for the 16th. Otherwise you can get in on the 17th.
Ah alright thanks

My issue was it showed my 1.0 character under there, but when I went to the ARR website using the same login, it said there were no accounts registered to my name.

But im able to access the beta forums and all that crap

Also guess im gonna join all the CAGs on whatever server they role on (Cactaur?)

Seems that my 1.0 character got stuck on a Japanese legacy server and only way to play him would be a paid xfer.

Guess it would be cool to be on a fresh server/economy anyway, instead of one with all max levels and crap. Kinda would kill the feel for a *brand new* game being around all these jacked up people 

I got my new PS3 beta code and I'm downloading it now. Based on the title and coverart, I'd say this is probably the full version.

I can't wait to get back online and check it out! Cactaur it is!

I got my new PS3 beta code and I'm downloading it now. Based on the title and coverart, I'd say this is probably the full version.

I can't wait to get back online and check it out! Cactaur it is!
It is the fullish version (sorta, I mean its gonna get patched before the 24th to some degree)

The 4th phase of beta (which youre dling) carries over into the real game.

Sqare sent me an email with a download code for the beta even though I participated in phase 3. Do I need this code? I would like to give it to my brother.

Sqare sent me an email with a download code for the beta even though I participated in phase 3. Do I need this code? I would like to give it to my brother.
Im *pretty sure* you need the code to play phase 4 on ps3

If you played in any of the phases on the PC you would not.

Im not sure though as im playing the beta via PC for now.

But on the official beta forums (which you should have access to) there are a billion threads about ps3 and the open beta, and I think the big complain was that they all needed a new code

Not certain though, but id suggest checking out the official beta forums

Does that mean that PS3 users should delete the Phase 3 installed game-thing? You know, the icon that launches the beta.
Phase 3 is over. You can keep it if you want, but it doesn't work anymore.

If you want to play Phase 4, you need to download the new beta. (The new file is like 2gbs larger)

I deleted the old beta file, and downloaded the new one.  The updater updated itself, and I tried to run it to download the update and it locked up.  Anyone else having this problem?

bread's done
Back