Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

I'm still under the spell of the deadly "Error 3102" which means I'm completely unable to log into the game, which sucks because I had pretty much all day set aside to play.  Still, I already leveled my main class to 20, so it's not the end of the world as long as they fix this by early access.  Besides, this is a beta, so the idea is to catch massive problems like this.  I just hope they don't rollback/wipe.

Still, I've read that some people have been affected by this for 2 days and haven't been able to log in period.  I'm still purchasing the game, but I have to believe S-E is costing themselves a lot of money from people who were treating this as a demo weekend and now can't play at all.  Bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still under the spell of the deadly "Error 3102" which means I'm completely unable to log into the game, which sucks because I had pretty much all day set aside to play. Still, I already leveled my main class to 20, so it's not the end of the world as long as they fix this by early access. Besides, this is a beta, so the idea is to catch massive problems like this. I just hope they don't rollback/wipe.

Still, I've read that some people have been affected by this for 2 days and haven't been able to log in period. I'm still purchasing the game, but I have to believe S-E is costing themselves a lot of money from people who were treating this as a demo weekend and now can't play at all. Bummer.
Amen to this

Im gonna go back to sleep, and just hope that it works when im back up

Apparently their forums are still down, which makes me think its a pretty big problem

Right now my hopes are that they fix this without rolling back, and maybe extend the beta a little monday

Eitherway it doesnt look good right now

Sounds like a LOT of people havent been able to get on all day yesterday

SE is having some major server issues, I thought launch issues for mmos were a thing of the past. Even if it is beta, its still days before launch, so I would think theyd be focusing on final touches not catastrophic server failure

At this point all I want is to get back on for 5 minutes so I can leave my character in an inn and not miss out on a weeks worth of rested XP bonus.

At this point all I want is to get back on for 5 minutes so I can leave my character in an inn and not miss out on a weeks worth of rested XP bonus.
I was able to get in and play after installing, no problem, was like 11:30 p.m. (Eastern) until about 12:45 a.m. Not long, I know, but I have some work to do today before I can hop back in haha

At least people can sign up for the beta this go around.  When XIV came out the first time (the very first XIV release, not the realm reborn one), the first reg beta site crashed and you couldn't sign up for a couple of days.

If you are itching to play and you have been struck with 3102 on the NA data center, you could roll a new character on the JP data center just to mess around with, try other starting classes and what not. I just had the idea and am currently playing on a JP server  ;)

Theres a thread over 1,000 pages long on the beta forums where people are typing their name + server asking SE to fix their chars

Apparently they were manually trying to fix chars yesterday

But it seems that the list is growing ABSURDLY fast and large

My guess is over 30,000 players posted in that thread withtheir chars stuck

Out of curiosity, did anyone try logging into a japaense server, then logging on your cactaur char?

I was thinking maybe logging into the japanese server would kick your other char offline (since you can only have one char on at a time), then let you on?

If I were home now id try it, doubt itll work but who knows

Yeah, I tried this already and no go. But like I said in the above post you can play on the JP server, so not a complete loss if your already itchin' to play more.

Yeah, I tried this already and no go. But like I said in the above post you can play on the JP server, so not a complete loss if your already itchin' to play more.
I rolled a character just to try the aforementioned, but I'm not itching enough to play that I'd want to put time into a character I won't be keeping (I already did that in closed beta, after all).

I'm happy that I was able to level THM to 20 and ACN to 15, though I did want to hit 20 on Botanist (got to 16) and Weaver (got to 10) as well. I'll be pleasantly surprised at this point if we get back in before the phase ends, but I'm not counting on it.

On another note, I've been very pleased with the CAG linkshell so far, I think we're going to have a good little community in-game, which is very heartening. I look forward to playing more with you guys upon launch!

And if you're not in the linkshell yet, remember to keep posting your character names here and I'll add you. Though unfortunately you actually have to be in-game to be added, so it's probably easier to just send me a tell. Once I get back in game (whenever that may be) I'll see if there's an option to allow anyone to invite people so I don't end up the only person who can.

Hate to complain about a beta, but SE is doing a really poor job communicating to the player base.

Its understandable that shit happens its a beta, but when you have something which is basically a catastrophic bug effecting 10s of thousands of players (yes over 15,000 people posted on thread there) you REALLY expect SE to at least make some sort of public announcement

Especially with how bad they messed up the first time around, really wanna see this game succeed.

Well they did say that they were aware of it and were working on it.  While I definitely understand (and feel) the frustration about the lack of further updates, they might not know a firm timetable for when it will be fixed at this point.

But I agree with you - given where they're coming from with 1.0, it really would be in their best interest from a PR standpoint to be more proactive about communicating these things.

Especially because it is a good game

I mean I dealt with all the crap in 1.0 for a long time, but had fun.

And SE has a shit ton of players trying their beta (more than anyone expected) and they're dropping the ball

Most MMOs lose a crap ton of players the 1st month or so (once that free 30 day trial ends), so for SE to do something which is going to make them lose a crap ton of players (or potential players) before the game even comes out, is just going to hurt the servers all the more 

Unsure if anyone has seen this, but in case you haven't, the NA twitter account sent these out a few mins ago (in order):

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/369201960861184000 

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/369202420447842304 

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/369202702569320448 

(Sorry, mods/admins, if I broke any CAG rules by posting these tweets)

lol posted something on the beta forums 30 minutes ago about their customer service being their biggest problem

Maybe they listened

Glad you posted those tweets, its absolutely essential they try to communicate with their potential customers 

lol posted something on the beta forums 30 minutes ago about their customer service being their biggest problem

Maybe they listened

Glad you posted those tweets, its absolutely essential they try to communicate with their potential customers
Yeah, didn't actually connect the two in the post, but I linked those tweets cause maybe they did see your post (or others like it).

I was able to get on again today after one disconnect, still not in the world everyone else is in though. May just transfer after launch.

Yeah, didn't actually connect the two in the post, but I linked those tweets cause maybe they did see your post (or others like it).

I was able to get on again today after one disconnect, still not in the world everyone else is in though. May just transfer after launch.
Transfers will likely be paid transfers

Unless you somehow put in a ton of time over the weekend, I would just reroll (as much as that sucks to say)

Leveling 1-20 is pretty quick, and im still not convinced they have any server wipes or rollbacks or anything

I finally got the client downloaded but I wasn't able to start a character on Cactaur, I will try again later tonight.  I am just messing around on Siren now testing out Arcanist.  This client outside of maybe another patch is the final game client right?

I finally got the client downloaded but I wasn't able to start a character on Cactaur, I will try again later tonight. I am just messing around on Siren now testing out Arcanist. This client outside of maybe another patch is the final game client right?
Its really impossible to tell at this point

Theyre having relatively significant issues/problems

Eitherway there 100% will be another patch, the question just becomes how big

The initial download they gave us was only 7.xxx GB

I expect the release version to be quite a bit bigger. Some content/might not be in this release so who knows

Final Fantasy XIV: 3102 Reborn

But seriously, got me and a friend while we were airshipping. A 3rd was immune somehow. Really annoying, but luckily I hit 17, and have all my phase 3 experience.

After playing as an Arcanist for abit it completely sold me on the game.  It reminded me of a nice balance between Beastmaster and Summoner from FFXI.  Just trying to settle on what I want my name to be in the final game.  So far I have been using Vila Blackfyre.

After playing as an Arcanist for abit it completely sold me on the game. It reminded me of a nice balance between Beastmaster and Summoner from FFXI. Just trying to settle on what I want my name to be in the final game. So far I have been using Vila Blackfyre.
I leveled Arcanist to 15 as my 2nd class, it definitely grew on me a bit towards the end, though I'm sticking with THM.

One suggestion: If you want to do a ton of damage with them, grab Aero from CNJ and Thunder from THM. You can do just ridiculous amounts of DoT damage at early levels with those two plus the two that Arcanist have on their own.

I leveled Arcanist to 15 as my 2nd class, it definitely grew on me a bit towards the end, though I'm sticking with THM.

One suggestion: If you want to do a ton of damage with them, grab Aero from CNJ and Thunder from THM. You can do just ridiculous amounts of DoT damage at early levels with those two plus the two that Arcanist have on their own.
I'll definitely be doing that in the final game. I'm looking forward to finally being able to create a character on Cactaur. Hopefully that opens up later tonight (looked like a few other NA servers already reopened) otherwise I will just wait till early access.

Having Thunder was a huge help when running fates in La Nosca while leveling.  The zone was so full of Arcanists that it would be nigh on impossible to tell which buffs were yours on a boss fate.  Usually I was the only one casting Thunder though, so I could just watch that one and use it as the base point for re-upping my DoTs.

Having Thunder was a huge help when running fates in La Nosca while leveling. The zone was so full of Arcanists that it would be nigh on impossible to tell which buffs were yours on a boss fate. Usually I was the only one casting Thunder though, so I could just watch that one and use it as the base point for re-upping my DoTs.
not sure on the ps3, but on the pc version the timer for your DOTs on a target is in green font. All the others are white

So if theres 4 aeros on a target with a white font and 1 with a green you know which is yours

Then again I imagine that could be far more difficult to see on the PS3 version, so who knows

not sure on the ps3, but on the pc version the timer for your DOTs on a target is in green font. All the others are white

So if theres 4 aeros on a target with a white font and 1 with a green you know which is yours

Then again I imagine that could be far more difficult to see on the PS3 version, so who knows
I was playing on PC and I didn't notice, but that's good to know. It's still easier to keep track of the thunder icon, plus it's a good spell anyway. :D

made it to a bed think I will call it a night/ gain exp over the next week. Really hoping they do not have another huge D/L client for the game its taking a toll on my internet cap if there is a huge download  ( >3gb) I will have to skip early access in an effort from not getting yelled at by my wife so she can D/L true Blood the rest of the month.

Every time I look up, seems like another 40 minutes or so has gone by, lol. 

I like this game so far. It's been a bit clunky learning the controls on the fly (I'm playing on PS3, my laptop can't run it), but it's not terrible once I figure out how to do what I wanted (potion use is akward mid-combat though) but the map system sucks, spend half my time getting lost lol. 

I'm leaning heavily towards keeping my preorder though. 

You can just set Potion to one of the spaces on your hotbar, works great. I wish the map did a little better job of indicating how to get to your current quest destination, but apparently it's worlds better than what they had in 1.0. :lol:

I guess nobody's playing any more tonight. I actually never got the error 3102, but my character's safe in bed at the inn accumulating dat resting bonus and I don't want to tempt fate and screw something up while the error is still going on.

Apparently they are going through the affected accounts one by one and fixing them.  I've still got the error, but some people on reddit are saying they're able to get back in.

I'll probably check a couple more times tonight to see if I can get Serisu into an inn.  :D

SE was doing that when the problem started

But the thread on SE's forums where they wantd your info has over 20,000 people who posted in it

Theyre not gonna fix 20,000 + broken characters so they can play in the beta for 5~ hours 

Theyre just gonna shut the beta down then fix it all in one shot im sure

Breaking news per the offical devs on their forums

Greetings,

While not yet completed, we have been able to get through a large number of the names submitted in the thread so far.

If you've submitted your name, we ask that you attempt to log in with the character that was experiencing the issue, to see if it has been resolved. If you're still unable to log in, we ask for your patience as we continue moving through the thread.

Having said that, I seriously doubt they're actually doing it one account at a time.  Someone should be able to write a script to do it in bulk, I could probably write it myself if you gave me a few hours with their database.  :D

Having said that, I seriously doubt they're actually doing it one account at a time. Someone should be able to write a script to do it in bulk, I could probably write it myself if you gave me a few hours with their database. :D
I was in 1.0 (the game when it launched 3 years ~ ago)

And this error was INCREDIBLY frequent

It never happened in mass like this, but it happened to players all the time.

People would often get booted/locked out for 30 minutes to an hour

Clearly theyve done nothing to fix the problem in 3 years, thats what worries me

I was in 1.0 (the game when it launched 3 years ~ ago)

And this error was INCREDIBLY frequent

It never happened in mass like this, but it happened to players all the time.

People would often get booted/locked out for 30 minutes to an hour

Clearly theyve done nothing to fix the problem in 3 years, thats what worries me
Thought it only affected PS3 players which is uncharted waters till now? PS3 version of 1.0 was never released.

Anyway, all servers are down, so that probably fixed any problems, lol.

I checked this morning before leaving for work and I noticed Cactaur is now accepting new players.  I didn't have time before work to create a character on there though but I will do that first thing during the early access.

Anyone know if the Disc versions of the game come with any means of getting the Digital Copy ( PS3) ?

I rather play off my HDD than be stuck with having the disc in all the time... =/

Anyone know if the Disc versions of the game come with any means of getting the Digital Copy ( PS3) ?

I rather play off my HDD than be stuck with having the disc in all the time... =/
I'm pretty sure the disk is there just to expedite the installation process. If you already downloaded it during Phase 4, then the disk is kinda useless.

I'm pretty sure the disk is there just to expedite the installation process. If you already downloaded it during Phase 4, then the disk is kinda useless.
Sweet. Hope this is true. Would be like TERA's Disc version, skipped having to download 26GB of "Install Files" =P

Now my next challenge is figuring out how those that Pre-ordered at local stores are getting the Early Access code... I wasnt given a code when I pre-ordered and I never gave them my email address... =/

All I saw on Gamestop/EBGames site is "Go here to register for Early Access" ... =/ sounds like the usually beta signup page, put in email and "await" Early Access code, how is this limited to the CE pre-orders only?? and yes I have PS3 CE Pre-Ordered.

I'm thrilled I got to play a few more hours this morning.  Just did some light gathering/crafting (which I'm loving) and then logged off in an inn.

bread's done
Back