Flip Successes and Flip Flops

Thanks again for that Duck Hunting tip phear3d. I wonder how this got so rare. but w/e I got a copy, will put it up later. Makes up for the lost listing fees for these damn Wii Fits >_

In other news one of the Wii Sports I picked up the other day is unplayable. Great job GS - it has obviously been refurbed yet they didn't test it afterwards. Fortunately it looks like it has popped up at a couple of other stores since then so hopefully I can exchange it.

As for that Duck Hunt game, absolutely none at GS around me, but I should check Fry's. That place was a goldmine for rare stuff last-gen. I was able to buy things like Firefighter FD 18 for PS2 and Top Angler for the GC as well as a few other rare off-the-wall games a few years back.

[quote name='io']In other news one of the Wii Sports I picked up the other day is unplayable. Great job GS - it has obviously been refurbed yet they didn't test it afterwards. Fortunately it looks like it has popped up at a couple of other stores since then so hopefully I can exchange it.

As for that Duck Hunt game, absolutely none at GS around me, but I should check Fry's. That place was a goldmine for rare stuff last-gen. I was able to buy things like Firefighter FD 18 for PS2 and Top Angler for the GC as well as a few other rare off-the-wall games a few years back.[/quote]
take the game back and get it resurfaced.. and then try to resell it once more.. . the drive's laser seems to be very week. i mean its almost like we get what we pay for the wii. i had alot of problems with unreadable disc even though the games have barely any scratches on them.

as for the duck hunt game.. im trying to find out why this game is in so much demand.. maybe nintendo realizes that it borrows the Duck Hunt name and decided to pull the plug out?

[quote name='Cheapass24']non paying bidders are why i just take the 6.5% extra fees from buy it now. :D[/QUOTE]

I have filed 6 unpaid buyer disputes in the last 2 weeks and half were from BIN auctions. It doesn't seem to make much difference ;). Yeah, I know I can put the instant payment thing in there, but since these were Gripshifts and PS2 network adaptors they were worldwide sales and I can't put every option for shipping in the auction and have to wait to see what country/method of shipping the buyer wants. But I may change that and just use the new priority flat-rate boxes that started up last week.

Anyway, on the unpaid item thing, apparently it isn't 3 strikes in 30 days that gets you suspended. Ebay has changed that to make it vague now, so who knows how many it requires:

Note: If a buyer gets too many strikes in too short a time period, their account will be suspended indefinitely. In some cases, limits may be placed on the buyer’s account in advance of suspension.

phear3d, well the GS stores don't have resurfacing machines (at least not around here). I could bring it to Gamecrazy and use one of the free buffs I supposedly get with my MVP membership. I just think the probability of success on it is pretty low and given the flakiness of the Wii drives I still run a good chance of having it work on mine and then not work on the buyer's, which of course will just result in more of a headache. I may just return it to GS. I'm actually a bit worried about the one I just mailed today because it was in similar shape though it played fine on my Wii. While I was at GS the other day, no less than two people came in and said the SSBB discs they got from GS were bad. The clerk tried to go into detail about the problem with that game (dual layer which is touchy with the Wii) and how Nintendo had a free cleaning service (never heard that, but OK). They ended up swapping discs for both of them but they will probably continue to have problems. Wii Sports is a little more robust, of course, but some of these must have been in pretty crappy condition to still look so bad after being refurbed.

[quote name='io']I have filed 6 unpaid buyer disputes in the last 2 weeks and half were from BIN auctions. It doesn't seem to make much difference ;). Yeah, I know I can put the instant payment thing in there, but since these were Gripshifts and PS2 network adaptors they were worldwide sales and I can't put every option for shipping in the auction and have to wait to see what country/method of shipping the buyer wants. But I may change that and just use the new priority flat-rate boxes that started up last week.[/quote]

Just use instant payment and only ship within the STATES. I never ship out of the country unless they ask and they are confirmed! Less problems for me and I always sell my stuff regardless.

I know this is really stupid of me but I just shipped to a guy in Japan that had an unconfirmed address. Is this likely going to be bad? It was Gripshift for $48 after s&h.

[quote name='oyla10']I know this is really stupid of me but I just shipped to a guy in Japan that had an unconfirmed address. Is this likely going to be bad? It was Gripshift for $48 after s&h.[/quote]

I have had transactions with unconfirmed plenty of times. I just tend to not ship out of the states unless they ask personally. Most of the time, I sell the majority of my games within the states. It makes life so much easier.

I belive that if you ship to anyone with a unconfirmed address you are not covered by paypal's protection policy(if you can call it that).

I see. Well hopefully the guy is alright. Oh and thanks to everyone who talks about vgpc.com. I should be studying Accounting but instead I am trying to memorize what games I should be looking for next time I get to go Gamestop! That's the place to look if you want to flip. Especially for the Wii and DS. $60 + for Monopoly/Yahtzee/Boggle/Battleship! Really? Who's buying this crap?

[quote name='Cheapass24']non paying bidders are why i just take the 6.5% extra fees from buy it now. :D[/quote]

Likewise. It makes my life so much easier to just get the cash right away and not have to worry about NPBs or relisting or anything.

[quote name='ninja dog']In exchange for the American Idol tip, I'll share my own, though it may be obvious to some of you :)
if you want to resell Wii Fit, split up the game and balance board. you can get $80 for the board and $60+ for the game. I actually just sold the game for $76 + $4 shipping, but that was kind of a freak occurrence ;)
[/QUOTE]

I wonder where you found out about this.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']Just use instant payment and only ship within the STATES. I never ship out of the country unless they ask and they are confirmed! Less problems for me and I always sell my stuff regardless.[/QUOTE]

No, a LARGE number of sales for me have been foreign and so I wouldn't want to cut those buyers out. I mean, especially on these Gripshifts and PS2 network adaptors most of the bids have been non-US. While stuff may sell, it will sell faster and for higher prices if you include foreign options.

Ya I shipped out two network adapters luckily I paid an extra six dollars on the shipping and didnt charge them so i could at least get 70 dollar insurance if it never arrives. It felt better personally

[quote name='io']While I was at GS the other day, no less than two people came in and said the SSBB discs they got from GS were bad. The clerk tried to go into detail about the problem with that game (dual layer which is touchy with the Wii) and how Nintendo had a free cleaning service (never heard that, but OK). They ended up swapping discs for both of them but they will probably continue to have problems. Wii Sports is a little more robust, of course, but some of these must have been in pretty crappy condition to still look so bad after being refurbed.[/QUOTE]

this is true, when ssbb came out they posted on their site about it. you can call if your wii did this to your disc and send both the wii and game out and get a new disc and they do something to the wii. i had to do this for my previous boss and it took less than 2 weeks total from time shipped out to time received back.

[quote name='io']No, a LARGE number of sales for me have been foreign and so I wouldn't want to cut those buyers out. I mean, especially on these Gripshifts and PS2 network adaptors most of the bids have been non-US. While stuff may sell, it will sell faster and for higher prices if you include foreign options.[/quote]

Unfortunately I never use auctions. I do BIN and I am ALWAYS extremely successful with selling them for the same prices within the states. Everything I list is usually sold within a days time. I could care less of a 5% difference in price, I just hate dealing with other countries, because that's when problems arise. I send foreign on a case by case basis.

To each his own.

I don't know about you guys, but it seems that when I list products to ship internationally, I get someone in Nigeria that wants me to ship it to London and pay me an extra $300 to cover extra shipping costs. I'm like WTF?? SCAM!

[quote name='NismoZZzz']Unfortunately I never use auctions. I do BIN and I am ALWAYS extremely successful with selling them for the same prices within the states. Everything I list is usually sold within a days time. I could care less of a 5% difference in price, I just hate dealing with other countries, because that's when problems arise. I send foreign on a case by case basis.

To each his own.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you are. I just hate getting bothered and having to fill out customs forms and there's always the risk that the buyer might file an item not received complaint with paypal. If that happens, you're pretty much going to lose most of the time.

Picked up a mint scratch free PSP 1000 for 70 dollars, it came with Original run GripShift, Superbad unrated extended, Midnight Club 3 DUB edition, and Medal of Honor Heroes.

I'm not looking to make a killing off of this I'm hoping to make 40 after all the fees are said and done.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm in the same boat as you are. I just hate getting bothered and having to fill out customs forms and there's always the risk that the buyer might file an item not received complaint with paypal. If that happens, you're pretty much going to lose most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I figure I've gotten enough extra over the years from it that I'd make up for a loss here and there. In fact, I did have someone claim not to get something about 2 years ago but that was the only time in well over 100 foreign shipments. And the thing is, there are so many U.S. buyers with unconfirmed PayPal addresses (who bid regardless of what you say about it in the auction) that can do the same thing anyway. The vast majority of my "foreign" shipments have been to Canada, anyway, and that's really not a great hassle. It costs just about the same as sending via first-class in the U.S., yet you can charge more for shipping (I charge $6, or $4 if it is otherwise free for U.S. buyers). So, actually, I make more if a Canadian buys one of my BIN auctions because I'm limited to $4 shipping for U.S. (but I usually offer free shipping in most cases to boost search hits). And the customs forms for first-class mail are a breeze to fill out.

As for getting the same amount for U.S. purchases and selling everything within a day or two, well, it depends entirely on what you are listing and how you are pricing it. I've had plenty of BIN auctions up for 20-25 days that have gotten bailed out by foreign buyers - in those cases U.S. buyers weren't interested because they were things that were more easily found here. But I'd say if your BIN auctions are selling so quickly you are undervaluing things - the sweet spot seems to be if they last for 3-7 days and get lots of looks. But I know I screwed up when something I list for BIN sells within 1/2 hour of me listing it ;) (ie, I should have bumped up the price some more).

sadunk - interesting, never once in 10 years of selling on eBay have I ever seen the Nigerian scam. Yeah, I occasionally get weird questions on items, but I just ignore them if they make no sense.

[quote name='sadunk']I don't know about you guys, but it seems that when I list products to ship internationally, I get someone in Nigeria that wants me to ship it to London and pay me an extra $300 to cover extra shipping costs. I'm like WTF?? SCAM![/quote]
report it to ebay, its definitely a scam.

For everyone that picked up gta IV from blockbuster's b1b1 free. Nows the time to flip them since the price are around $30 shipped. I knew holding on to these were going to pay off. Can't believe people were flipping them to gamestop for $5 profit.

[quote name='RandyTsai']For everyone that picked up gta IV from blockbuster's b1b1 free. Nows the time to flip them since the price are around $30 shipped. I knew holding on to these were going to pay off. Can't believe people were flipping them to gamestop for $5 profit.[/QUOTE]

I only traded the scratched or incomplete ones to GS. I sold the rest of my mint ones already. I do wish I had held on to them a bit longer as my last one did just sell for $31 shippied, whereas they were only going for $25 or so a couple weeks ago. But no biggie - I'm glad to be rid of them. Funny, though, I noticed the same thing. I do still have a 360 version to sell (non-payer from a $17.50 shipped auction) and hopefully those went up as well (I assume you were just talking about the PS3 version). They were much worse to begin with, though (only $17-$20 shipped).

In other news, the second unpaid item notice apparently scared that guy into paying for the network adaptors - he paid me this morning. It's a confirmed address, so that's a relief!

I don't ship overseas b/c of the hassle of customs forms. My P.O. is always busy so thats at least 20 mins of my time.
I try to avoid shipping to APO's too, and even put it in my Amazon listings occasionally that I won't ship there since its the same deal.
If i forget and its a low cost item, i usually refund the money - if its something expensive, ill bite the bullet and take the time.

[quote name='io']It's a confirmed address, so that's a relief![/quote]

You know you can set up paypal to only accept confirmed addresses, right?

[quote name='io']I only traded the scratched or incomplete ones to GS. I sold the rest of my mint ones already. I do wish I had held on to them a bit longer as my last one did just sell for $31 shippied, whereas they were only going for $25 or so a couple weeks ago. But no biggie - I'm glad to be rid of them. Funny, though, I noticed the same thing. I do still have a 360 version to sell (non-payer from a $17.50 shipped auction) and hopefully those went up as well (I assume you were just talking about the PS3 version). They were much worse to begin with, though (only $17-$20 shipped).

In other news, the second unpaid item notice apparently scared that guy into paying for the network adaptors - he paid me this morning. It's a confirmed address, so that's a relief![/QUOTE]

I assume that only the 360 would go up in price because of the downloadable content.

Heres another flippable once fridays wii coupon hits
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductStoreAvailability.aspx?Variant=917046

when shipping over seas always do express international and charge $30 or $35 for it. It quick and its trackable. I sold 10 gripshifts ranging from 50-80 plus shipping within the last 3 weeks and this is the way to go. I know going to the post office is a hassel, but would you rather get $50-80 or $35.

Recent Success

Adaptec 1400, bought 4 at $2.90 from Fry's plus shipping, sold 1 for $46, kinda low, but still a profit of $40+. Gonna list the rest when I get home.

PS2 Mega Max X Collection (Sealed) bought for $10 at Blockbuster a long time ago, just sold for $52.01, I got an open one from the BB B1G1 deal

PS2 Singstar 80's bundles (split up), bought 2 bundles from Sears for $4.97, I think, games sold with BIN for $25, mics sold for $20 and $16 + shipping. Made a mistake in the shipping though, was charging only $5. Those things are heavy, had to pay like $8/$9 for shipping. Hint to those just selling the mics, charge $10 for shipping/priority

Set of 2 Wavebirds, probably got from GS less than $30, sold for $54.99

Mention it again, but Wario Ware Smooth Moves goes for a good amount, check BBV for them, they should be $28 new, I've sold these for $75, I think

I'll second the Kororinpa. I've sold those, and I have 2 complete ones, and one without original case to list as well. Gonna try to pick up 2 local Ultimate Duck Hunt, but no luck in finding any Wii American Idol Encore's.

[quote name='io']What kind of store are you talking about? I checked GS and there's none of those Duck Hunt games within 100 miles of me. Is there another store where you can check stock on things like this?
[/quote]

I was looking on GS. I only checked 1 store, and I snagged a complete copy.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Did you sell two new A.I.'s or were they used? I haven't been able to find a new one, but then again, I haven't been looking extremely hard either.[/quote]

New, Got lucky and found 2 at a single Sears location for $39.99 each.

[quote name='omg itz adam']picked up 7 ps2 network adapters for ten bucks flipped them for 43 each before fees.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you do that?

Flops:
Half Price Books gets me every time. And its always on SNES RPGs that look like they would be rare or seem mispriced. I really need some internet-capable phone to check this shit on the fly. Today I found:
--7th Saga - complete minus the map - $19.99
--Lufia 2 - complete - looked sealed in the display case and I nearly crapped my pants, but one end was open - $39.99
--Brain Lord - complete, bought because its Enix - $6.99

pretty much average price for all 3. They're not even really mint, so I'm returning them tomorrow.

On the plus side, I found another FFVI Advance at Sears. That makes 5 (3 of which were $10 at TRU.) Just gonna throw these in a closet and forget about them for a year or two. Once they're cleared from stores (and the impulse flippers get rid of their copies for $39 a piece), the price should skyrocket, pending that the second great depression doesn't happen.

[quote name='RandyTsai']I wonder where you found out about this.[/QUOTE]

Found out? I think you mentioned to me that you were doing this and holding on to the boards. If I'm being called out as some tip stealer, then whatever, you told me about that voluntarily, but I had looked into it before.

and shit, after what I've been through with retarded buyers, it's barely worth the hassle. NOBODY is reading the auctions, though I finally got one buyer for the board. They think they're getting some magical deal on Wii Fit for $70-80. This on top of the fact that Wii Fits are becoming more and more common.

i guess you couldn't tell that i was joking. I should have threw out one of those gay smiley faces. ne ways i don't know why you guys get so unlucky with your buyers. I hardly ever have problems. Just make sure you list a picture of the actual item. people don't like to read

Found out? I think you mentioned to me that you were doing this and holding on to the boards. If I'm being called out as some tip stealer, then whatever, you told me about that voluntarily, but I had looked into it before.

and shit, after what I've been through with retarded buyers, it's barely worth the hassle. NOBODY is reading the auctions, though I finally got one buyer for the board. They think they're getting some magical deal on Wii Fit for $70-80. This on top of the fact that Wii Fits are becoming more and more common.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I was just clarifying in case.

This is the first trouble I've had with buyers in a long time. I had "Balance board only" in 3 places in the auction, so I upped it to 6 or 7 times with bold, large letters in front. I've even had an actual pic on all of them.

I found a guy selling a complete Kororinpa on CL for $10 and quickly sold it. I guess it would be higher once the sequel is out. Still got a sealed copy from CC

[quote name='io']He won the first one from me on Jan 10th and didn't say a word for a whole week after that. When I listed another to end on the 17th he said he wanted to wait till that was over to pay. It has now been 9 days since that auction ended and I haven't heard a word from him.

So I now have 2 unpaids open against him. Don't you get temp banned from eBay if you get 3 strikes in 30 days? If so, me and galvaron can put him out for a bit just with our auctions. And I can't imagine we're the only ones. Anyway, he has 6 more days to reply to the unpaid disputes before I can close them. That gives him 2 weeks from the end of the second auction he won - that's plenty of time. If he doesn't pay by then he gets 2 unpaid strikes from me for sure.

It is just really annoying - don't bid on shit if you aren't going to pay within a few days at least. There's really no excuse not to pay same day (but at least on a regular auction vs a BIN I can sort of see not paying the minute it closes).

On the other hand, this guy bids on so many of these he is probably single-handedly boosting the prices of a lot of auctions for them ;). Hopefully he doesn't engage in massive chargebacks when this is all done. He must be reselling them in some way but I'm not sure how.[/quote]

I filed that unpaid strike last night at 12:09AM and my money just landed in my ebay account. LOL.

Small flips... but flips nonetheless =\

Picked up FF6 Advance for $20 and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam for both PS3 and 360 at $14.97 each from Sears...
Is FF6 worth reselling, or should I hold onto it?

[quote name='trezzi']Small flips... but flips nonetheless =\

Picked up FF6 Advance for $20 and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam for both PS3 and 360 at $14.97 each from Sears...
Is FF6 worth reselling, or should I hold onto it?[/QUOTE]

I'd hold on to it.

FFVI is the most sought after and popular 2D Final Fantasy game (and in many people's opinions, the best FF game period.) FFVI Advance is out of print now and is really only available new through clearance at Sears, unless you get super lucky and snag it at Toys R Us.

So all those clearance copies will get snagged fast, collectors will notice it's gone from stores and start buying the ones listed at $30-40 new. The supply will dry out and with FFVI, who knows how much it'll go up to.

I don't condone games as investments, but you bought it for only $20, you may as well throw it in a closet for a couple years and reap the reward then.

[quote name='ninja dog']oh and for you risk takers out there:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233118936&sr=8-24

Zelda - NES - $45 new from a 0 feedback amazon seller. Even if you get ripped, you can easily get money back from amazon. My guess is that it's re-shrinked. If not, then you're pretty fucking lucky.

If you buy it, keep us updated.[/QUOTE]

I bought it. Ill keep you guys updated.

Edit: Also bought his "new" zelda 2 nes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold a gripshift on Ebay for 35, had me sweating because I got nothing until the 19hr mark (5 day listing). First time selling on ebay, not a fun experience the first time.

7 cred -> 30 cash ain't bad at all...

[quote name='gomikeoh']I bought it. Ill keep you guys updated.

Edit: Also bought his "new" zelda 2 nes.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I'm excited to see what you get.

and I'll be kicking myself if you get the real thing 'cause I had it in my cart and thought "hmmm...nahh."

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg itz adam
picked up 7 ps2 network adapters for ten bucks flipped them for 43 each before fees.
Where'd you do that?

well it's kind of funny I was calling stores around looking for wii sports, gripshifts, and ps2 adapters well I found 7 of them from this gamestore about 100 miles away I would have drove but I explained to the manager and he said I will get you a quote from UPS and I go ok and next day they were shipped and it came to like 82 bucks.

ez

[quote name='ets']Sold a gripshift on Ebay for 35, had me sweating because I got nothing until the 19hr mark (5 day listing). First time selling on ebay, not a fun experience the first time.

7 cred -> 30 cash ain't bad at all...[/QUOTE]

Most of the time that's how it is. Bidding/buying occurs on the last day of the auction. Unless you have a very low starting bid price or very good buy it now price, then it will get bid on/bought earlier. Also ebay's new crappy search criteria they just started a few months ago sucks ass. Most people probably search by default settings which doesn't bring up the best deals at the top.

[quote name='omg itz adam']Quote:
Originally Posted by omg itz adam
picked up 7 ps2 network adapters for ten bucks flipped them for 43 each before fees.

well it's kind of funny I was calling stores around looking for wii sports, gripshifts, and ps2 adapters well I found 7 of them from this gamestore about 100 miles away I would have drove but I explained to the manager and he said I will get you a quote from UPS and I go ok and next day they were shipped and it came to like 82 bucks.

ez[/QUOTE]
I found some PS2 network adaptors at a pawn shop for $7.00 each. About half of what GS sells them for.

bread's done
Back