For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com."

that sucks. I currently have 540 points on myrewards...does this mean that if I avail this "buy $10+ get 500 points", I can't add it to my current points and make it = 1000 and get my $20 certificate?

Sweet, I'm going to be buying the hobbit and zero dark thirty from best buy next Tuesday so ill def take advantage of the offer then. I did notice a few weeks ago my best buy still had a steelbook of the amazing Spider-Man but I already got the regular 3d edition I bought on Black Friday so idk if I want that also. I've got a huge backlog of games right now so I'm going to try not to buy any for awhile accept maybe the last of us when that comes out.

[quote name='nuuuuj']FYI.... BB facebook page is saying that GCs are not "qualifying purchases" for this offer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reporting back on that. Seemed too good to be true.

Didn't see anything about it in the OP, but is there any reason this wouldn't work while price matching something? I wouldn't expect it to be a problem, but who knows.

[quote name='nuuuuj']No, it doesn't since all you did was repeat what I said. Read my post again, I never said you had to vote for that deal, I am questioning whether you had to vote at all. But then again, your use of caps was the first tip for me that reading comprehension failed you.[/QUOTE]

I did re-read your post and you did question whether you had to vote in THE poll, not whether you had to vote at all (as there is 1 poll left). Big difference.

You did say, "the big question is, does "interacted" mean voted in the poll, or just using the app."

EricXC's argument was that to be eligible for the 500 bonus points, you had to have voted in the poll, which we now know is not true.

I'm sorry that the use of caps has complicated things for you. I can only explain it to you again, but I cannot understand it for you. Next time, I will use bolded red for you. ;)

[quote name='nuuuuj']FYI.... BB facebook page is saying that GCs are not "qualifying product(s)" for this offer.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I read this post. I just did the B2G1 pre-owned deal going on. Hopefully I get the $10. If not, no big deal was going to buy these games anyway.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Thanks for reporting back on that. Seemed too good to be true.

Didn't see anything about it in the OP, but is there any reason this wouldn't work while price matching something? I wouldn't expect it to be a problem, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

My guess is it would work, but price matching might be iffy to use in combination. Price matching counts as "other offer" with other promos like RZ coupons (meaning PM + RZ coupon won't work unless you YMMV'd it and got a manager override). Better to ask them on FB to be sure. BB seems to be replying quickly to FB questions.

[quote name='nuuuuj']FYI.... BB facebook page is saying that GCs are not "qualifying product(s)" for this offer.[/QUOTE]

This is good to know- I guess I need to find something to buy at BBY in the next 10 days that is close to $10...

What about PSN and shop cards?

Wanted to pre-order Django Unchained, but not sure if pre-order items count or not.

EDIT: Deal says any "transaction" so I'm gonna try it. Used the surprise $5 certificate and made it $16.xx after tax. Hopefully that works!

[quote name='DurbanBrown']picked up abraham vampire hunter 3d for $20. used reward certs and gift card money. if this works out Ill get $10 of that back. sweet.[/QUOTE]

If you bought it with reward zone points and gift cards, the purchase won't be eligible for the offer.

Wow, BB is finally learning. :lol:

[quote name='parKer']The fact that the offer is showing up in my account tells me that "interacted" means just that. USED the app, not VOTED FOR THIS SPECIFIC DEAL TO WIN. Again, I did not vote.

This is what it says in-app:

We have a winner: Members who intereract with the Reward Zone Facebook app by March 23 get 500 points on a single transaction over $10. Online and in-store. Offer expires: 03/23/2013.

Interact by March 23. Make sense to you now?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='parKer']I did re-read your post and you did question whether you had to vote in THE poll, not whether you had to vote at all (as there is 1 poll left). Big difference.

You did say, "the big question is, does "interacted" mean voted in the poll, or just using the app."

EricXC's argument was that to be eligible for the 500 bonus points, you had to have voted in the poll, which we now know is not true.

I'm sorry that the use of caps has complicated things for you. I can only explain it to you again, but I cannot understand it for you. Next time, I will use bolded red for you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Reading failed you yet again, I said voted in the poll. Your impulse response, was "VOTED FOR THIS SPECIFIC DEAL TO WIN." I highlighted in red for you. I never said that, but hey, reading seems to be a problem for you.

The bottom line is this, what is considered an "interaction"? The whole point of the app is to vote for designs/deals/offers, logging in doesn't mean shit. In fact, go to the RZ facebook page, and skip the login, the offer still shows up, so there goes your theory of only have to login. If you're gonna argue with someone, get your facts straight.

[quote name='zerobscure']"Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com."

that sucks. I currently have 540 points on myrewards...does this mean that if I avail this "buy $10+ get 500 points", I can't add it to my current points and make it = 1000 and get my $20 certificate?[/QUOTE]

It will add to your current points. What it means is that if there is another offer that if you buy a certain item you can get extra points, it won't work towards this one

Do you guys think I can wait like to the weekend to do this or is there any chance this could get pulled some how by Best Buy?
Thanks

[quote name='mikepeluso']Do you guys think I can wait like to the weekend to do this or is there any chance this could get pulled some how by Best Buy?
Thanks[/QUOTE]Considering BBY doesn't allow GCs to qualify for this offer, they might have saved themselves from abusers, so I think it's likely that they'll keep it active until the 3/23/13 date they specify.

Ok, thanks! I'll check out something else.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Ok, thanks! I'll check out something else.[/QUOTE]

The FB posts were asking about BB GCs only, which they said no to. I'm wondering if Kindle cards will work (or PSN cards or Live cards), as several have asked above. Only two ways to find out, buy one and wait, or ask about it on FB.

The only requirement is states is " a single transaction over $10. Online and in-store. Offer expires: 03/23/2013." There's no asterisk or anything else that says what will and wont work. That's it.

http://imgur.com/bvUgVMe

Now does anyone know when the extra points will show up by?

Thanks for pointing out that the Best Buy Facebook is answering questions about it. They did confirm that you can use Reward Certs on this purchase, but your out of pocket expense still has to be $10 or more. So if you buy something for $20, use a $5 cert, and pay $15 you'll be just fine.

[quote name='nuuuuj']The FB posts were asking about BB GCs only, which they said no to. I'm wondering if Kindle cards will work (or PSN cards or Live cards), as several have asked above. Only two ways to find out, buy one and wait, or ask about it on FB.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to return my copy of Zone of Enders and use the coupon. It'll be $20 out of pocket so I'll be good with that.

Edit: I ordered my $15 GC an hour or so ago, and I can't cancel it. Oh well. I'll use it towards the motherboard I'm getting in a month or so.

Well interacting with the facebook page is not that difficult as there is another members choice vote going on, using the tabs at the top of the page

[quote name='stoned99']Well interacting with the facebook page is not that difficult as there is another members choice vote going on, using the tabs at the top of the page[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully they'll be another poll by the 23rd just in case. I'm guessing just logging in counts as "interacting", but I did vote on this thing (on both of my facebook accounts).

[quote name='nuuuuj']Reading failed you yet again, I said voted in the poll. Your impulse response, was "VOTED FOR THIS SPECIFIC DEAL TO WIN." I highlighted in red for you. I never said that, but hey, reading seems to be a problem for you.

The bottom line is this, what is considered an "interaction"? The whole point of the app is to vote for deals/offers, logging in doesn't mean shit. In fact, go to their RZ facebook page, and skip the login, the offer still shows up, so there goes your theory of only have to login. If you're gonna argue with someone, get your facts straight.[/QUOTE]

Calm down.

For the voting argument, you're not understanding that I am referring to EricXc's claim that you need to have voted specifically in that 25-point poll to be eligible. That is what "the poll" is referring to in our posts prior to yours.

"Interacting" means you definitely have to log-in to your RZ account (at least once to link it) while in the FB app because how else will they track whether or not you used/interacted with the app? How can you say that the RZ login doesn't matter? Also, I never said the login was the only thing required so stop making things up.

I mentioned that there is 1 poll left and if you don't know to interact with it, well, then I'm sorry for you.

[quote name='drawingboard']The only requirement is states is " a single transaction over $10. Online and in-store. Offer expires: 03/23/2013." There's no asterisk or anything else that says what will and wont work. That's it.

http://imgur.com/bvUgVMe

Now does anyone know when the extra points will show up by?[/QUOTE]

It now says:

Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases.

I'll probably use it to get the hobbit next tuesday.

My son's been obsessed with Ice Age lately, so I took the opportunity to snag the 3d bluray combo pack of Continental Drift. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='Anexanhume']It now says:
.[/QUOTE]

Now that they've admitted their mistake, does this mean they'll honor all the gift card purchases prior to changing it?
fucking Best Buy

edit. Kinda glad I saved that pic now

[quote name='Cimpy101']Decided to go with a $15 automatic 3 input HDMI Switcher. Thought I'd share in case anyone else is in the same boat. I'm tired of switching the cables out!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/eForC...8501020233

Total was $15.48[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt you will get it, that is a 3rd party seller item. It isn't sold by Best Buy, but by eForCity, basically just like amazon marketplace. It does say you will earn RZ points for the transaction though, but not sure if that means bonus points or just base points. Rather confusing.

So just to be safe: do I have to click through to a coupon? Or will it work automatically at check out?

EDIT: Read the details, just needed my BBRZ #:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drawingboard']Now that they've admitted their mistake, does this mean they'll honor all the gift card purchases prior to changing it?
fucking Best Buy

edit. Kinda glad I saved that pic now[/QUOTE]

In my experience, if you bought a BB gift card, you can return it. If it's a third-party (like Amazon or PSN) card, you can't because once it has been activated, BB can't undo that.

So if you're worried about them not honoring it, just buy something else and return the BB gift card, if that's hopefully what you bought.

I have that $5 RZ bonus thing to use. Now, what do I want? Hobbit 3D or MLB 2013 The Show. Anyone know how much the Hobbit will be next week?

I like how all these people are buying gift cards when it clearly says "Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases."

[quote name='gldoorii']I like how all these people are buying gift cards when it clearly says "Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases."[/QUOTE]

I like how you are making this statement without reading the thread and realizing it didn't always say that.

[quote name='gldoorii']I like how all these people are buying gift cards when it clearly says "Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases."[/QUOTE]

They just changed that. This was the photo from post #71

That's what the issue. I ordered my gift card before they changed the wording. Thanks for the post, drawingboard.

I don't know if it's been posted, but according to a comment made by Best Buy personal on their facebook page, buying a Gift Card does not work to get this offer.

Here's the exact quote: "Best Buy gift cards have always been excluded from bonus points offers per the terms of the Reward Zone program, so unfortunately not. ^Coral"

Sorry if this has been posted already just thought I'd let you know since it seems a lot of people are trying this method.

Hmm, thought about stacking this with the Sly Cooper deal, but forgot that was $40 prior to the $10 off... was thinking $30 in my head. Oh well, something else then!

[quote name='Spuratis']I don't know if it's been posted, but according to a comment made by Best Buy personal on their facebook page, buying a Gift Card does not work to get this offer.

Here's the exact quote: "Best Buy gift cards have always been excluded from bonus points offers per the terms of the Reward Zone program, so unfortunately not. ^Coral"

Sorry if this has been posted already just thought I'd let you know since it seems a lot of people are trying this method.[/QUOTE]

Careful now... People here will bite your head off for posting something that's already been posted. Gotta tread water lightly around these parts!

bread's done
Back