For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']I highly doubt you will get it, that is a 3rd party seller item. It isn't sold by Best Buy, but by eForCity, basically just like amazon marketplace. It does say you will earn RZ points for the transaction though, but not sure if that means bonus points or just base points. Rather confusing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that after I posted. I checked with best buy and even they were unclear about it. They said they'd get back to me soon. If not, I got my wife's favorite K-Cups that're on sale waiting in my cart! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Keurig---Caf%26%23233%3B-Escapes-Chai-Latte-K-Cups-%2816-Pack%29/3811124.p?skuId=3811124&productCategoryId=abcat0912008&id=1218433529015

Can someone explain what you have to do for this , do you just have to like bb on Facebook or what is this app people are talking about the bb app connected with you rz account ?

I have Monster Hunter preordered and I will pick it up next tuesday Mar 19th. Do you guys think I will get a cetifificate for this transaction? I ordered it online about a month ago and it's releasing next tuesday.

[quote name='Kevlar338']Can someone explain what you have to do for this , do you just have to like bb on Facebook or what is this app people are talking about the bb app connected with you rz account ?[/QUOTE]

It says interact so you might have to like and vote on something - nothing to vote on at the moment though.

Any word on the eligibility of psn/xbla/eshop cards? There are a couple questions about it on their fb page but they haven't been answered yet.

Edit: We are looking into this with the Reward Zone team and should have an answer soon. ^Coral

[quote name='Serpentor']Did anyone get an e-mail saying you got a $5 reward and when you click on it, there's no reward? What's that about?[/QUOTE]

There was a thread about that earlier today, but it looks to be deleted now. Random $5 RZ certs going out and some people got the email, some didn't, some were unable to claim it.

[quote name='Cimpy101']Yeah I noticed that after I posted. I checked with best buy and even they were unclear about it. They said they'd get back to me soon. If not, I got my wife's favorite K-Cups that're on sale waiting in my cart! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Keurig---Caf%26%23233%3B-Escapes-Chai-Latte-K-Cups-%2816-Pack%29/3811124.p?skuId=3811124&productCategoryId=abcat0912008&id=1218433529015[/QUOTE]

You are a thoughtful hubby. ;)

[quote name='sjc1279']I have Monster Hunter preordered and I will pick it up next tuesday Mar 19th. Do you guys think I will get a cetifificate for this transaction? I ordered it online about a month ago and it's releasing next tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Yes, according to the BB post on Facebook from Coral:

Best Buy Hi Amanda - you need to make a purchase over $10 and with a video game pre-order we place an authorization on your card but do not charge it. If the game releases on/before 3/23 at which point your card would be charged this would then qualify. ^Coral
10 minutes ago ·

Just dont know if it will stack with the Victory Pre-Order bonus

So FYI, Marketplace items DO qualify

"Best Buy Hi Jeff - I have confirmed that Marketplace item purchases totaling $10 ore more do qualify for this bonus points offer as long as all other terms are met. ^Coral"

okay so i do NOT need to bring any type of printout or mention this in store when I go to buy something? It is supposed to happen automatically without any type of activation if you participated?

[quote name='nuuuuj']Yes, according to the BB post on Facebook from Coral:

Best Buy Hi Amanda - you need to make a purchase over $10 and with a video game pre-order we place an authorization on your card but do not charge it. If the game releases on/before 3/23 at which point your card would be charged this would then qualify. ^Coral
10 minutes ago ·

Just dont know if it will stack with the Victory Pre-Order bonus[/QUOTE]

UPDATE:

Best Buy Hi Anuj - this offer is valid in combination with other bonus point offers. ^Coral

So for those of you who havent picked up GoW, or are picking up Gears next week, those will qualify.

[quote name='nuuuuj']UPDATE:

Best Buy Hi Anuj - this offer is valid in combination with other bonus point offers. ^Coral

So for those of you who havent picked up GoW, or are picking up Gears next week, those will qualify.[/QUOTE]

Said it would not qualify in another post.

"I have a question???? Today if you order anything online (over 10$)you get 10 bucks back in reward points. It also says if I perorder a game I get back $20 in reward zone certificates. Does this mean if I preorder today I will get 30$ back in reward zone cash"

• "Best Buy Hi Michelle - I'm sorry, but the 500 bonus points offer may not be combined with other bonus point offers. More info: More info: http://$$$$$$$/YZICHf ^Coral"

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Said it would not qualify in another post.

"I have a question???? Today if you order anything online (over 10$)you get 10 bucks back in reward points. It also says if I perorder a game I get back $20 in reward zone certificates. Does this mean if I preorder today I will get 30$ back in reward zone cash"

• "Best Buy Hi Michelle - I'm sorry, but the 500 bonus points offer may not be combined with other bonus point offers. More info: More info: http://$$$$$$$/YZICHf ^Coral"
[/QUOTE]

Ugh, same Coral, two different answers! WTF!

EDIT: Nevermind, she just corrected herself after I asked her again. Offer WILL NOT stack.

Dang, I have a $20 reward certificate and wanted to use it on a $25 kindle card. At least it's 2 $10 certificates so I can use 1 of them. Wait, does the kindle card count as a gift card?

[quote name='oasisboy']If I make a purchase as pay entirely with reward zone gift cards, wil I still get the points?[/QUOTE]
It said you have to make sure your total is over $10 after you use RZ certs.

[quote name='strait edge follower']why cant i download this app but everyone else seems to have no problem ? every link i try is broken. even the rz web page advertise s it but theres no link. really now smh[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a phone app, it's just one that's on Best Buy's Facebook page

[quote name='oasisboy']If I make a purchase as pay entirely with reward zone gift cards, wil I still get the points?[/QUOTE]

No, you can use RZ certs in your purchase, but $10 of the total has to be paid in cash

[quote name='alwayscheaper']It's a Facebook app so not a real app but works within Facebook's system.[/QUOTE]

so ......... how do i get tnis ”app” ? !!!!!!! lol. these broken links are fustrating me. even more so cause others are using it with no problem :(

[quote name='Velo214']so it doesn't qualify if you use bestbuy gift cards to make your purchase?[/QUOTE]

You have to pay at least$10 out of pocket for it to count. If your total is $20 and you use a $15 GC it would not qualify since you only are paying $5.

[quote name='strait edge follower']so ......... how do i get tnis ”app” ? !!!!!!! lol. these broken links are fustrating me. even more so cause others are using it with no problem :([/QUOTE]
Just type in best buy app in the top search bar on Facebook and the drop down menu should display it.

[quote name='Velo214']so it doesn't qualify if you use bestbuy gift cards to make your purchase?[/QUOTE]

From the BB Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/bestbuy#
Best Buy Hi John -
1) Yes, a purchase with a gift card as the form of payment that is $10 or more will qualify as long as all other offer terms are met.
(snip)
^Coral

[quote name='strait edge follower']so ......... how do i get tnis ”app” ? !!!!!!! lol. these broken links are fustrating me. even more so cause others are using it with no problem :([/QUOTE]

Log into facebook; search for Best Buy Reward Zone. It's listed as an "app" but behaves like any normal "page"; except it asks you to log in with your BBRZ info.

Go to Facebook and login, go to Best Buy's page and eh will have a link for the reward zone app next to their info!

[quote name='hostyl1']From the BB Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/bestbuy#
Best Buy Hi John -
1) Yes, a purchase with a gift card as the form of payment that is $10 or more will qualify as long as all other offer terms are met.
(snip)
^Coral
[/QUOTE]
Just the info I was looking for, as I have a $20 GC on hand I wanted to use as payment, thank you!

A recap is in order...

1. To qualify, you must have a BB reward account (duh), and the account must be "linked" to BB's Facebook app (if you're earning points for polls, you're already set). And no, you don't need to vote on the deal to qualify.

2. Purchase must be $10 AND up, like $10.01... You can use GCs, rewards certs etc., but the finally amount must be greater than $10...

3. Pre-order pick-ups that qualify for $20 certs might NOT stack with this offer. So GoW:A (late pick-ups) and GoW:J pre-orders will not ear you a $20 cert AND the 500 points promo. Such pre-orders will not count since they're tied to an earlier promo.

can basically look at it this way. Any game that comes out before 3/23 that wasnt apart of the victory can be yours promo is basically a buy it and get 10 promo.

Ie Monster Hunter U and Monster Hunter 3ds and Lego city undercover.

[quote name='Serpentor']
2. Purchase must be $10 AND up, like $10.01... You can use GCs, rewards certs etc., but the finally amount must be greater than $10....[/QUOTE]

One minor thing to add, the $10 must be before tax, not after, so any $9.99 game by itself won't be eligible, even though the total is $10 after tax. It's the same way that the RZ certs work.

I assume people know that by now, but just clarifying.

On the BB FB page, where is everyone asking questions? I check the wall and I just see their own main posts and a few minor replies to them from normal FB users.

Well I think I did it right...

Got on FB, searched for Best Buy or Best Buy Reward Zone. Agreed to let the app access my info. Noticed that the "app" had detected my RZ account which happened to have a $5 cert available. Clicked the link about the promotion (which had no fine print) which then brought me straight to a landing page on the BB site. I had to login again at the BB website to complete my order.

This whole process is not very clearly explained.

I purchased Roger Rabbit Blu ray for shipment which is on 1-2 weeks back order. I am too lazy and cheap to bother to drive 45 mins away for the movie; for some god forsaken reason the movie is in BB's Sunday ad but most of the stores in AZ never even got a shipment.

I would like to contact them to get them to answer some questions. It seems we are getting conflicting answers.

I pre-ordered Gears of War Judgment on Monday price matching newegg for $40. I used $20 in rewards and $20 in gift cards. The game comes out during the window. I am wondering if I am eligible for this or not for the Gears pre-order/purchase.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']On the BB FB page, where is everyone asking questions? I check the wall and I just see their own main posts and a few minor replies to them from normal FB users.[/QUOTE]

It's on the wall. Just found it myself. You have to change the dropdown menu that says "highlights" at the top of the page to "posts by others."

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I would like to contact them to get them to answer some questions. It seems we are getting conflicting answers.

I pre-ordered Gears of War Judgment on Monday price matching newegg for $40. I used $20 in rewards and $20 in gift cards. The game comes out during the window. I am wondering if I am eligible for this or not for the Gears pre-order/purchase.[/QUOTE]

It will not be eligable because you are getting bonus points for pre-ordering. the 500 points won't combine with other bonus points.

I placed an order online this morning, would that count for the points. I dont see where there pending, I did see this offer in my rewards zone. Thanks

[quote name='Deader2818']It will not be eligable because you are getting bonus points for pre-ordering. the 500 points won't combine with other bonus points.[/QUOTE]

Yet someone from Best Buy said that you would still get the 500 points and the 1000 points. So there is confusion, like I said.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yet someone from Best Buy said that you would still get the 500 points and the 1000 points. So there is confusion, like I said.[/QUOTE]

Didn't it turn out to be the same person and she corrected herself saying they won't stack?

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Didn't it turn out to be the same person and she corrected herself saying they won't stack?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is what happened.

bread's done
Back