For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this work on preorders? I already had Zero Dark Thirty Preordered but I'm going to cancel and reorder if it'll work because there isn't anything else I want atm.

Also it says excludes gift card purchases. hmmm the steelbook says coming soon again for ZDT so now I can't cancel until it's back up for order.

psn/xbla/eshop cards confirmed to work.

I have confirmed that this will qualify for the bonus points offer as long as all other terms of the offer are met. ^Coral

[quote name='flatliner718']Could a 10 dollar PSN card count?[/QUOTE]

Looks like PSN and Live cards will count:

Eric Ball
Regarding the 500 point reward zone bonus offer, I see that Best Buy gift cards will not count, but how about a $20 Nintendo eShop card? Or a $20 Sony PSN card?
Like · · 2 hours ago

Best Buy Hi Eric - I am double checking on this and should have an answer shortly. Thanks for your patience. ^Coral
about an hour ago · Like

Peter Asick Wondering this as well.
about an hour ago · Like

Best Buy Eric & Peter - I have confirmed that this will qualify for the bonus points offer as long as all other terms of the offer are met. ^Coral
4 minutes ago · Like

after reading deader's post i'm guessing that's a no on 500 for ZDT since you get 100 bonus pts. already for preordering.

[quote name='petethepanda']psn/xbla/eshop cards confirmed to work.

I have confirmed that this will qualify for the bonus points offer as long as all other terms of the offer are met. ^Coral[/QUOTE]

Yep, saw that just now as well

I baffles me that Best Buy does not have $20 and $10 Playstation Network cards available for download but I can go to the store and get them with no problems. Why wouldn't they have them for digital download? It makes no sense.

So XBL and PSN cards were confirmed to work, as long as you are spending $10 or more out of pocket still.

As for preorders where you're getting the $20 bonus, those WILL NOT work.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So XBL and PSN cards were confirmed to work, as long as you are spending $10 or more out of pocket still.

As for preorders where you're getting the $20 bonus, those WILL NOT work.[/QUOTE]
Well, it has to be $10.01 or more so you'll have to add another item if you want to get a $10 PSN card. (Unless tax counts, which I don't think it does) The cheapest thing I could find was a ruler for $1.49. If you find anything else that is in stock, feel free to post.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/OfficeMax+-+12"+Wood+Ruler/1062273.p?id=1218399840160&skuId=1062273

I have confirmed that this will qualify for the bonus points offer as long as all other terms of the offer are met. ^Coral[/QUOTE]

So where'd we leave off with Amazon Kindle cards? Will that count?

[quote name='tylerh1701']So XBL and PSN cards were confirmed to work, as long as you are spending $10 or more out of pocket still.[/QUOTE]

No to throw another wrench in the works, but since most of us are already GCU members, and we get bonus points for all gaming related purchases (including point cards), is that gonna screw this up for us?!?!?!

fuck it, batteries here I come!

I just got this as a reply
"Yes, you could make a purchase of a PSN card $10 or more and receive the bonus assuming all other terms of the offer are fulfilled. ^Coral"

So it seems a $10 PSN card would qualify for the promotion...Interesting....Asking for confirmation in case I misunderstood her post.

Just so you guys know it specifically says "Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases."

It doesn't say "qualifying members" or anything to that extent. It looks like you just have to sign in to the app basically by the deadline to get it unless "interacting" means "voting" which is a rather vague and nondescript way of saying "voted".

Also people saying it has to be "over 10" the language isn't entirely clear as often times people say "over 10" when all they really mean is 10 or more. So it's very feasible that it could be the case here as well unless there's official word that it is not true.

Damn, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon comes out the day AFTER the promo ends, so it wouldn't count. Well, I've got $15 in credit. Either I'll use it all or just use $5 on something cheap to bring it slightly over $10.

Hmm, I have an offer to take $10 off Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Think I'd be able to do that, then use my $15 in credit, then get the $10 back since it'd be about $15 I'd be spending out of pocket?

I have confirmed that this will qualify for the bonus points offer as long as all other terms of the offer are met. ^Coral[/QUOTE]I wonder if it counts if it's a digital psn card or if it has to be a physical card $10 or more.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Wow, savvy CAG consumers quickly become clueless retail shoppers when it comes to things like these.

So wait, you're telling me $10...on merchandise...before the deadline? I can't just hit up the restroom and get the 500 points?[/QUOTE]

I don't think its that as much as it is Best Buy has some odd requirements and will quickly change or out right a promo they didn't think all the way through.

Also for everyone:

Best Buy you can use a Best Buy gift card as a form of tender and qualify, but you cannot purchase a Best Buy gift card and qualify. I hope that helps. ^Coral
5 minutes ago · Like

Best Buy The purchase needs to be $10 or more. ^Coral

Hope this helps a little too. I'm looking to see if they clarify about what "interacted" means if it simply means logging into the app.

Yeah this is what I just got:

"Yes. You can use a Best Buy gift card to pay the $10 cost of a $10 PSN card and qualify for this promo assuming all other terms of the offer are met. ^Coral"

I know what I am ordering right now! :D

[quote name='Deader2818']I don't think its that as much as it is Best Buy has some odd requirements and will quickly change or out right a promo they didn't think all the way through.[/QUOTE]Agreed. I'd rather make sure I know my purchase will count rather than finding out after I made the purchase, especially since what I wanna order has a special promotion relating to it, so I wanna make sure it'll stack with this offer.

Edit: Nevermind, the Sly Cooper $10 off offer is in-store only, so I can't use it online.

[quote name='Deader2818']I don't think its that as much as it is Best Buy has some odd requirements and will quickly change or out right a promo they didn't think all the way through.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all these people bought BB gift cards and within minutes, a good majority of those people's purchases became ineligible.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Got a $20 PSN card through the link in the Facebook app. Will stack nicely with PSN's spend $50/get $10 back promotion. :)[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, too. :) I'm $0.01 shy of that PSN promo.

I guess I'll get a PSN or XBL card as well - I'm grateful for this offer but of course it comes at the one time I have not a single thing I need or want to buy LOL.

[quote name='CaptainEnforcer']Well, it has to be $10.01 or more so you'll have to add another item if you want to get a $10 PSN card. (Unless tax counts, which I don't think it does) The cheapest thing I could find was a ruler for $1.49. If you find anything else that is in stock, feel free to post.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/OfficeMax+-+12"+Wood+Ruler/1062273.p?id=1218399840160&skuId=1062273[/QUOTE]

The BB Rep's wording seems to indicate that $10 exactly will qualify, though the wording on the offer page explicitly states over $10. I'm actually going to buy a $20 PSN card and use my expiring $5 reward cert just to be safe.

[quote name='zzamaro']So some have said something about gifts card even tough it says no gift cards, anyone can confirm this will work?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Best+Buy+GC+-+$15+Gift+Card/8234029.p?id=1168043277912&skuId=8234029[/QUOTE]

Buying BB gift cards will not qualify you for this promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy Update: non Best Buy gift cards do qualify for this bonus points offer as long as all other terms of the offer are met. ^Coral
36 minutes ago · Like · 1

Looks like Kindle and iTunes cards are good to go.

[quote name='bluelark']Also for everyone:

Best Buy you can use a Best Buy gift card as a form of tender and qualify, but you cannot purchase a Best Buy gift card and qualify. I hope that helps. ^Coral
5 minutes ago · Like

Best Buy The purchase needs to be $10 or more. ^Coral

Hope this helps a little too. I'm looking to see if they clarify about what "interacted" means if it simply means logging into the app.[/QUOTE]

Damit. I ordered a $15 giftcard. Thanks for the info.

I just got an answer about interacting as well. You don't have to vote (but there is a poll up right now so you can vote on that and that will count).

"Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction. ^Coral"

So basically as long as you log in and do something with it basically lol.

I'm gonna say this is a "no", but can I order an Amazon gift card from Best Buy online? I know you can get one instore, but the closest one is about an 1/2 hour away from me. Otherwise, I might just get a 1,600 MSP card with a $5 BB credit.

[quote name='ooga']Damit. I ordered a $15 giftcard. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well, on the bright side you can spend that gift card and it will count though as long as you do by the deadline. So that's good news.

Grrr...I spent $125 there yesterday, and now I read about this, and the sent me a $5 coupon for the hell of it this morning. Maybe I'll buy Playstation All Stars...

Is Super Mario 3D Land, Mart Kart 7 and New Super Mario Bros 2 for $67 used a good deal? I have $15 in RZ cert and then the $10 in the bonus plus about another 52 points added to my account.

I bought a $20 PSN card and used my soon-to-expire $5 RZ certificate on it. Assuming this all works out, I can dig $20 on PSN for $5. :D

Will a purchase using one of those Visa Gift Cards count as a transaction over $10? I'm guessing yes because I think those Visa Gift Cards work like a debit card when you enter them into the payment screen.

[quote name='Zolor23']Will a purchase using one of those Visa Gift Cards count as a transaction over $10? I'm guessing yes because I think those Visa Gift Cards work like a debit card when you enter them into the payment screen.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that would be fine.

[quote name='IamPro']Is Super Mario 3D Land, Mart Kart 7 and New Super Mario Bros 2 for $67 used a good deal? I have $15 in RZ cert and then the $10 in the bonus plus about another 52 points added to my account.[/QUOTE]

Judging that all those are 40 new and GS has them for 38 used, I'd say yes. I wouldn't wanna pay that much for them but it's good if that's what they are going for currently.

[quote name='bluelark']Haha, well, on the bright side you can spend that gift card and it will count though as long as you do by the deadline. So that's good news.[/QUOTE]

Assuming it gets here on time. I had it shipped. Now I have that time to think about what I'm going to spend it on. I only pick up @Gamer deals from BestBuy, so now I have to buy something that I normally wouldn't buy.

This has got to be the most confusing thing ever. Easily wasting more than $10 of my time lol. Think I'm going to stack this with a Gears pre-order for $30 in credits. Wasn't going to pick this up before, but eh, why not.

[quote name='ooga']Assuming it gets here on time. I had it shipped. Now I have that time to think about what I'm going to spend it on. I only pick up @Gamer deals from BestBuy, so now I have to buy something that I normally wouldn't buy.[/QUOTE]

I think 10 days should be plenty of time to get it. They've been good with shipping for me in the past. I've been doing the @Gamer deals too and still getting run around trying to get this month's coupons because I want MW3 for 10 haha. Even though it wouldn't qualify I don't think since it's 9.99. I'm likely to pick up 1600 MSP and just get the Gears season pass with that and I'll get the credit for this promo and I could end up with $30 essentially after I'm done. THEN comes the hard part of figuring out what to get haha.

[quote name='PDJ']This has got to be the most confusing thing ever. Easily wasting more than $10 of my time lol. Think I'm going to stack this with a Gears pre-order for $30 in credits. Wasn't going to pick this up before, but eh, why not.[/QUOTE]

It really isn't though. People are just over-analyzing it and making it more confusing than it has to be.

I agree though, the $10 bonus may not be worth it for some if they spend too much time thinking and talking about it.

I'm gonna pick up sly (PS3) with the gamers club offer ($10 off), use $10 in rz certs, and use $5 cert from shopkick..... What could possibly go wrong :)

bread's done
Back