For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kylerg']Hell yes. Time to pre-order Judgment with $50 of rewards and get $30 back. :D
Now if I could PM it to somewhere and even make it a sweeter deal.[/QUOTE]

This offer doesn't stack with pre-order bonus, already confirmed by BB reps.

So you can now pre-order GOW: Judgment and get the $10 and the pre-order $20? I thought it said u couldn't combine point offers? They changed it??

[quote name='nuuuuj']This offer doesn't stack with pre-order bonus, already confirmed by BB reps.[/QUOTE]

then why does the OP say

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

[quote name='IamPro']then why does the OP say[/QUOTE]

Looks like I missed the evening update. This afternoon it wasn't, guess they changed their minds.

Regardless, I'm not gonna chance it. With all this BS changing of rules, I'm just gonna buy a kindle card and be done with it.

i've been keeping up with this thread and what with all the changes to the rules and its interpretations, i'm still left to wonder, does the $10 still have to be paid with money from my wallet or are reward certificates/gift cards sufficient enough?
because if this was the case, then would it be safe to assume that you can essentially get a $10 psn (or other) card for free by purchasing it with reward certificates/gift cards that will eventually just be returned to you via the 500 points?

Will this work if I set up a fake Facebook account with a fake name and different email address linked to my real rewardzone account?

Keep in mind that this isn't a scam. I'm just morally opposed to Facebook's privacy polices and don't use their site. I signed up to do the Best Buy polls and get rewardzone points added to my real Best Buy account but I wonder if this coupon with conflict with my identity like having the fake Facebook and having this deal voided.

[quote name='daemissary']I'm buyin Gears of War next Tues with the $20 GC preorder credit. Plus this and I'm only gonna really end up payin $30.

Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Always loved that logic and justification, even though your still spending $60 and a month from now you will pick up a game for $30 and say 'it was free thanks to rz certs'. I gotta learn how to stretch these deals like that :)

Wow so BB went from saying it stacked, to saying it didn't stack, to now saying it does stack? Either way I am quite glad I picked up my God of War CE today, that I will be getting my $20 for pre-ordering, and now this $10 back for interacting with the app and getting plenty of free RZ points from it already.

Also glad my pre-order bonus came in my e-mail and also receipt something a lot of people seemed to complain about.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but this whole thing is confusing. So if I went to the Best Buy store and bought myself a $10 gift card, then bought something on the site using that gift card, it would count?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Will this work if I set up a fake Facebook account with a fake name and different email address linked to my real rewardzone account?

Keep in mind that this isn't a scam. I'm just morally opposed to Facebook's privacy polices and don't use their site. I signed up to do the Best Buy polls and get rewardzone points added to my real Best Buy account but I wonder if this coupon with conflict with my identity like having the fake Facebook and having this deal voided.[/QUOTE]

It's what I do (I'm not morally against Facebook or anything, I just don't like to use my real account for stuff like this). At no point do you ever have to tie your Facebook account to your Reward Zone account, so the Facebook account you actually log in with is irrelevant. That's how I see it, anyway.

Decided this was enough to get me to buy Doom 3 for $20 with the @Gamer coupon. Only one store near me had one left and a $10 drop in price was unlikely anyway.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Decided this was enough to get me to buy Doom 3 for $20 with the @Gamer coupon. Only one store near me had one left and a $10 drop in price was unlikely anyway.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except for ZOE. Hopefully it works because the final price is still above $10. If not I"ll go back and do the amazon card thing. If anybody gets points using the @gamer coupon please post that info. Thanks :bouncy:

I'm glad that the promo lasts a couple days, because I honestly can't think of a single thing that I want to get from Best Buy at the moment. If I can't come up with something by promo's end, I figure I will just buy a $10 PSN card and try to do an even swap for MS points with someone around the 'net.

[quote name='finsfan0210']----------------------------------------------

You Voted, We Listened. Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases.

----------------------------------------------

Giftcard purchase are not going to work. Isn't that nice of BB to add that to the terms after a bunch of people have spent money buying GC's today.[/QUOTE]

That was there to begin with... like... way early in the day when I first saw it... the rep online also clarified that buying a gift card won't count but buying WITH a gift card will.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's what I do (I'm not morally against Facebook or anything, I just don't like to use my real account for stuff like this). At no point do you ever have to tie your Facebook account to your Reward Zone account, so the Facebook account you actually log in with is irrelevant. That's how I see it, anyway.[/QUOTE]

I do this as well, but I am morally against Facebook.....not their policies just Facebook in general. If I wanted to know your dreams, aspirations, and what you like I'd ask you dam it! :lol:

Here's a question I haven't seen posted ... When I buy something using store credit that is placed on a gift card from a game trade-in then I don't receive any RZ points from that purchase ... has it been verified that using store credit that is placed on a gift card after a game trade-in will work to get the 500 RZ points?

I am still a little unclear on one phrase: If I pay for something that is $10 with a $10 Reward coupon, do I still qualify? Or do I have to pay at least $10 with my own tender?
The reason I ask is because I have $50 in RWZ coupons, and that would mean my total is $9.99. If the coupons could I am good, otherwise what is some cheap filler?

[quote name='bagwelljeff']Here's a question I haven't seen posted ... When I buy something using store credit that is placed on a gift card from a game trade-in then I don't receive any RZ points from that purchase ... has it been verified that using store credit that is placed on a gift card after a game trade-in will work to get the 500 RZ points?[/QUOTE]

From my past experience I don't think you will get the 500 RZ points if you pay with gift card credit.

[quote name='kylerg']I am still a little unclear on one phrase: If I pay for something that is $10 with a $10 Reward coupon, do I still qualify? Or do I have to pay at least $10 with my own tender?
The reason I ask is because I have $50 in RWZ coupons, and that would mean my total is $9.99. If the coupons could I am good, otherwise what is some cheap filler?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you need to pay in tender value over $10 to get the points.So I think you need $10.01 and rewards coupons shouldn't count toward the $10.

using this on The Hobbit with a surprise $5 reward certificate they just sent me yesterday. Loving Best Buy the last few months.

[quote name='oldboy26']using this on The Hobbit with a surprise $5 reward certificate they just sent me yesterday. Loving Best Buy the last few months.[/QUOTE]

You're not going to get the 64 page digibook at walmart?

[quote name='mikepeluso']From my past experience I don't think you will get the 500 RZ points if you pay with gift card credit.

I am pretty sure you need to pay in tender value over $10 to get the points.So I think you need $10.01 and rewards coupons shouldn't count toward the $10.[/QUOTE]

Wrong on both accounts. Paying with RZ certificates count for this promotion, it is stated in the OP. No you do not need to pay in tender, you can use RZ certs OR BB GC to pay the $10 and you will get the 500 points. The total can be $10, it can't be 9.99 but it can be $10, aka a $10 PSN card will count.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Wrong on both accounts. Paying with RZ certificates count for this promotion, it is stated in the OP. No you do not need to pay in tender, you can use RZ certs OR BB GC to pay the $10 and you will get the 500 points. The total can be $10, it can't be 9.99 but it can be $10, aka a $10 PSN card will count.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that I hadn't read the OP since it was first posted.I had never seen Best Buy allow Gift Cards and Certs to be used to get points so I assumed.
You say it can be exactly $10.
In the OP it states:
transaction over $10

[quote name='mikepeluso']Sorry about that I hadn't read the OP since it was first posted.I had never seen Best Buy allow Gift Cards and Certs to be used to get points so I assumed.
In the OP it states:
transaction over $10[/QUOTE]

It does say that, but it has been confirmed numerous times on FB from Best Buy reps a $10 PSN will count. This is a reply I personally got from Best Buy on Facebook.
Yes. You can use a Best Buy gift card to pay the $10 cost of a $10 PSN card and qualify for this promo assuming all other terms of the offer are met. ^Coral

Also, usually that is the case with bonus points, but not always. Case in point the 1000 points for Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered. You can pay with any form of payment. Cash, credit card, gift card, RZ certificates and still earn the 1000 points. The only issue is you will not earn base points for the amount of the cert/GC used. So if you use $60 in GC/certs on a game you get 0 base points and then the 1000 bonus points. The general rule is no bonus if you use anything but tender, but it isn't always the rule.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It does say that, but it has been confirmed numerous times on FB from Best Buy reps a $10 PSN will count. This is a reply I personally got from Best Buy on Facebook.

Also, usually that is the case with bonus points, but not always. Case in point the 1000 points for Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered. You can pay with any form of payment. Cash, credit card, gift card, RZ certificates and still earn the 1000 points. The only issue is you will not earn base points for the amount of the cert/GC used. So if you use $60 in GC/certs on a game you get 0 base points and then the 1000 bonus points. The general rule is no bonus if you use anything but tender, but it isn't always the rule.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for all the info.

Sounds like a win win to me. I need some psn credit and best buy is the only place in town that sells $10 cards, so why not spend 10 there just to turn around and get enough points for a free $10 gift card. That should bring my total up to $200 (including other programs with best buy gift cards)

Ive place 2 order recently.
1--> $20 order with $15 of it being RWcerts and $5.40 with giftcard.
2--> $15 order paid all by gift card.

when I go to view my recent orders it shows 1) as an order total of $5.40 and 2) as $16.23

so if this is what the promo is going off it looks like the gift cards count, but not the RWcerts. maybe you need to be $10 after all certs since it looks like that comes of before the total is calculated. thought this could be helpful...

Turns out my BB still had a few copies of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $17.99, so I used my free $5 cert to go along with it.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Sorry about that I hadn't read the OP since it was first posted.I had never seen Best Buy allow Gift Cards and Certs to be used to get points so I assumed.
In the OP it states:
transaction over $10[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's easy to be confused because I wouldn't think it was allowed either as it's NEVER allowed. Paying with RZC's never gets points...

I'm considering the $10 PSN card myself, but the 'EXCLUDES GIFT CARDS' on the FB page does worry me some, despite claims to the contrary. Is there any way to show post-sale whether or not it counted towards the promo?

EDIT/UPDATE: Found a link a few pages back that confirmed the eligibility of that kind of card. Now I worry that 'over $10' does not include $10 even...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we ever get confirmation that the ZOE HD collection with the @game coupon would work? Or is that considered a promo and not eligible?

[quote name='joeyshadows']Just got an email about a bonus rz certificate, but it's no longer in my account... Wtf[/QUOTE]

I have the same thing that happened to me. I think I am going to go to the store and see if they can do anything about it.

[quote name='boosted02gt']I have the same thing that happened to me. I think I am going to go to the store and see if they can do anything about it.[/QUOTE]

They can't. You would need to call RZ and ask. The store has no control or input with the RZ stuff.

Sure its been answered, but wanted some clarification. If I preorder Bioshock would I get $30 back or just $20? I have $15 in rz cert so could always buy something else.

[quote name='boosted02gt']I have the same thing that happened to me. I think I am going to go to the store and see if they can do anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me and I asked about it in store last night. They told me to call 1-888-bestbuy. I just got off the phone with them and the CSR said that the bonus cert actually went out ahead of the email so I had already used it the week before. But she offered to give me another 250 points for my trouble. It seems like they are trying very hard these days to improve their customer service and I do appreciate it.

bread's done
Back