For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
So am I reading something wrong? On the Facebook app it says we will get the points if we use the app by the 23rd. I used it (voted in a poll and got 14 points). So now I just have to spend 10 dollars while logged in?

Also, will buying microsoft points count? (sorry if this has been asked)

OK --- Im tired of trying to read l the rules.....Today I got an open box Wii U pro controller, I used $20 in reward zone certs ...and paid 20 on my best buy card ....and I interacted and even voted on the facebook page.....will I get the 500points? If not, I will have to buy something else....?

You will get the points....if you have the promotion in your active offers in your RZ account. It will let you know if you are eligible for the bonus in general. Your purchase fits the criteria 100%, but your account might not.

Can you use a best buy gift card to pay for something in full (over $10) and get the 500 rewardzone points?
Rewardzone doesn't normally give points for transactions made with gift cards.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Can you use a best buy gift card to pay for something in full (over $10) and get the 500 rewardzone points?
Rewardzone doesn't normally give points for transactions made with gift cards.[/QUOTE]

you can use a Best Buy gift card as a form of tender and qualify, but you cannot purchase a Best Buy gift card and qualify. I hope that helps. ^Coral

Gift cards as a form of payment are eligible for this promotion. ^Coral

You can use a gift card as a form of payment in conjunction with this offer. ^Coral

A purchase with a gift card as a form of payment will qualify towards this promotion, yes. ^Coral

Also: As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer. From http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

[quote name='JohnWayne']You're not going to get the 64 page digibook at walmart?[/QUOTE]

I'll take the Blu Ray copy for $5 over a digibook for an extra $15.

[quote name='oldboy26']using this on The Hobbit with a surprise $5 reward certificate they just sent me yesterday. Loving Best Buy the last few months.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is out on BD already? It must've bombed at the box office.

[quote name='ooga']Wow, this is out on BD already? It must've bombed at the box office.[/QUOTE]
It did okay. But I remember it had quite a lot success internationally.

[quote name='ooga']Wow, this is out on BD already? It must've bombed at the box office.[/QUOTE]

...just because it comes out on BD fast doesnt mean it did bad at the box office

[quote name='Gedemer']...just because it comes out on BD fast doesnt mean it did bad at the box office[/QUOTE]

I know. But they're not going to yank it out of the theaters if people are still going to see it in droves. The better it does the longer it stays in theaters. Then you have a waiting period between the time they stop showing it and when it gets released in stores. This movie opened on 12/14/2012, exactly 3 months ago. So how long did it last in theaters. Only 6-7 weeks?

[quote name='ooga']I know. But they're not going to yank it out of the theaters if people are still going to see it in droves. The better it does the longer it stays in theaters. Then you have a waiting period between the time they stop showing it and when it gets released in stores. This movie opened on 12/14/2012, exactly 3 months ago. So how long did it last in theaters. Only 6-7 weeks?[/QUOTE]

It's nothing out of the ordinary. Most movies are released on dvd/blu about 3-4 months after their theatrical release.

edit: As for it bombing in theaters, it was the 5th highest-grossing film of the year.

[quote name='ooga']I know. But they're not going to yank it out of the theaters if people are still going to see it in droves. The better it does the longer it stays in theaters. Then you have a waiting period between the time they stop showing it and when it gets released in stores. This movie opened on 12/14/2012, exactly 3 months ago. So how long did it last in theaters. Only 6-7 weeks?[/QUOTE]

yeah I thought this movie came out fast like it was just in theatres

That or they can put it out on Blu now so further down the road when all the movies are out they can have people double dip and purchase the "Special Edition" collecting all The Hobbit films.

I bought Borderlands 2 with the $30 off coupon; does this count or not, because of the coupon?

302 million in the US and over 1 billion worldwide. Not a bomb. This is pretty normal now for a lot of movies, especially ones that do this well. Skyfall made 1 billion worldwide and was release on DVD/BD 3 months after theater debut.

[quote name='CAGMoose']Bought a $50 Amazon gift card with $30 in RZ certificates and $20 cash. I'll be looking for those points :)[/QUOTE]

You don't get the points with the purchase of a gift card, so don't spend too much time looking for them.

[quote name='dino88']You don't get the points with the purchase of a gift card, so don't spend too much time looking for them.[/QUOTE]

Yes you do, you do not get them when you buy a Best Buy gift card, that is the only restriction.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yes you do, you do not get them when you buy a Best Buy gift card, that is the only restriction.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just saw that he said Amazon gift card. Misread that the first time. Carry on...:)

[quote name='zeldaking']yeah I thought this movie came out fast like it was just in theatres[/QUOTE]

It seemed really fast to me, too, but that's only because I don't look for a lot of new release movies (The Hobbit being an exception). But I guess this is just the way they do stuff nowadays. It sure is a big change from the 80's when the Star Wars movies were never going to be released on VHS (George Lucas's original position before he realized how much more money he could make from home video).

As for the Best Buy offer, I did the poll about 20 minutes ago and got the 14 RZ points and the Facebook poll listed on my RZ point total - but no offer. I want to pick up The Hobbit this afternoon but I guess I should only do it once the offer shows in my RZ account, right?

Probably want to get it out on DVD as fast as possible so that people will buy it before they hear about the Extended edition being released near the end of the year.

[quote name='io']As for the Best Buy offer, I did the poll about 20 minutes ago and got the 14 RZ points and the Facebook poll listed on my RZ point total - but no offer. I want to pick up The Hobbit this afternoon but I guess I should only do it once the offer shows in my RZ account, right?[/QUOTE]

The RZ site was undergoing maintenance for awhile. Try it again now. Sign in and go to Offers-Offers & Promotions-go to page 2 and you should see it in the middle of the page. "You Voted, We Listened - 500 points"

So I bought $12 worth of used games yesterday, and those points were just added to my account. But no 500 bonus points:( what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: nevermind, was stupid and didn't realize the new points were just from today's poll:dunce:

[quote name='guardian_owl']Probably want to get it out on DVD as fast as possible so that people will buy it before they hear about the Extended edition being released near the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I learned after the purchase of the theatrical version of Fellowship. Now I wait until the EE is out.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Yup, I learned after the purchase of the theatrical version of Fellowship. Now I wait until the EE is out.[/QUOTE]

I would normally do this but I had fully intended to see the movie with my 5 year-old (after seeing it initially with my older kids). We never got around to doing it so if I can get the blu-ray for less than $10 (counting the 500 point offer) that is cheaper than it would have been taking him to the theater so I can live with getting it now and an extended version later.

[quote name='dino88']
The RZ site was undergoing maintenance for awhile. Try it again now. Sign in and go to Offers-Offers & Promotions-go to page 2 and you should see it in the middle of the page. "You Voted, We Listened - 500 points" [/quote]

Hmmm - logged out and back in and now the 14 points from the poll has posted, pushing me over 500 and giving me another $5 cert to redeem. But still no offer like that. Has everyone else gotten it pretty quickly after doing the poll. It has been nearly an hour now.

The offer isn't anything you have to clam on RZ. You just have to have your account linked with the facebook app. It should then automatically apply to your next qualifying purchase, bonus points being posted within 20 days.

[quote name='buckeyesoulja']Where do i find amazon gift cards on the best buy web site to buy?[/QUOTE]

You don't.

[quote name='buckeyesoulja']Where do i find amazon gift cards on the best buy web site to buy?[/QUOTE]

In store, my friend. Check the back by the e-readers.

I did a bunch of votes on the FB app over the months so the offer was on my account. I went today and picked up Goldeneye Reloaded for Xbox 360 for $20. I had about $5 in gift card money, so $15 out the door, plus the 500 points back, means this game was about $5 to me! Good stuff.

So what happens after waiting for 20 days and still havent receive points from this promo? This sounds like them to bait more people to come shop at bb.
How does bb know? I mean Im pretty sure may people out there probably just log on to the app and you know most people dont fully read the details. Just saying.

[quote name='The Punisher']So what happens after waiting for 20 days and still havent receive points from this promo? This sounds like them to bait more people to come shop at bb.
How does bb know? I mean Im pretty sure may people out there probably just log on to the app and you know most people dont fully read the details. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

tin foil hat.

Bought a $20 eshop card. Hope this works.
Don't see anything on my rewards account on site though..

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You don't need to claim it, but it does need to be in your active offers for your account to be eligible for it.[/QUOTE]

12 hours after voting in the Facebook poll (and getting the 14 points on my RZ account for it) and still no active offer for this.

I also got an email from Best Buy a couple days ago saying they were giving me a $5 RZ cert and that isn't there either. Nice going Best Buy.

bread's done
Back