For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
I returned my copy of Zone of Enders that I had bought with my copy of a @gamer coupon and then re-bought it for the same price using another coupon that I grabbed from a @gamer pamphlet at the videogame section.

I'm hoping that I would now be eligible for the RZ offer after completing two of the Facebook survey things.

For anyone in a similar position you do need a copy of the coupon if you are re-buying something. They can't create a coupon code for you. But there should be some available in the gaming section.

It took a little while to do the return as the cashier had a hard time understanding what I meant about just wanting to re-buy the item. He scanned my ID like 4 times for the return. Nothing is showing on my RZ account online yet.

[quote name='poopdogjr']I returned my copy of Zone of Enders that I had bought with my copy of a @gamer coupon and then re-bought it for the same price using another coupon that I grabbed from a @gamer pamphlet at the videogame section.

For anyone in a similar position you do need a copy of the coupon if you are re-buying something. They can't create a coupon code for you. But there should be some available in the gaming section.
[/QUOTE]

That my friend is what we refer to as shoplifting.

[quote name='ooga']That my friend is what we refer to as shoplifting.[/QUOTE]

Not really, more like vandalism. Damaging products in the store. Shop lifting is defined as literally "lifting" an item or taking it from the store. What he did is damage their magazine product.

[quote name='Blaster man']Not really, more like vandalism. Damaging products in the store. Shop lifting is defined as literally "lifting" an item or taking it from the store. What he did is damage their magazine product.[/QUOTE]

He took something of value for his own personal use. That's pretty clearly theft.

It could possibly return fraud which is a form a theft. If you argue the coupon is an item of value and presenting it as his own... I'm bored already.

[quote name='Izod517']It could possibly return fraud which is a form a theft. If you argue the coupon is an item of value and presenting it as his own... I'm bored already.[/QUOTE]

Many states require coupons to have a cash value by law. So your last point is wrong.

Your argument is also broken because you are arguing something that isn't available at retail individually shouldn't have cash value. It is part of a set that DOES cost money. I can't crack open a video game, take only the disc and claim I didn't steal the item because I left the container.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Many states require coupons to have a cash value by law. So your last point is wrong.

Your argument is also broken because you are arguing something that isn't available at retail individually shouldn't have cash value. It is part of a set that DOES cost money. I can't crack open a video game, take only the disc and claim I didn't steal the item because I left the container.[/QUOTE]

No, you CAN take the game and claim you didn't steal it... But just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Wait, I didn't steal anything at all. I originally bought the game with a coupon from the magazine subscription that I have, then I just returned it and bought it again with a coupon that one of the gaming section people gave me. How is that being misconstrued as shoplifting? I re-bought my game at the same exact price I had paid for it originally. I never opened the item. I just wanted the purchase to be during the qualifying time period for the RZ offer.

[quote name='poopdogjr']Wait, I didn't steal anything at all. I originally bought the game with a coupon from the magazine subscription that I have, then I just returned it and bought it again with a coupon that one of the gaming section people gave me. How is that being misconstrued as shoplifting? I re-bought my game at the same exact price I had paid for it originally. I never opened the item. I just wanted the purchase to be during the qualifying time period for the RZ offer.[/QUOTE]

Because this:

[quote name='poopdogjr']using another coupon that I grabbed from a @gamer pamphlet at the videogame section. [/QUOTE]

doesn't sound like you're saying an employee gave you the coupon.

[quote name='poopdogjr']Wait, I didn't steal anything at all. I originally bought the game with a coupon from the magazine subscription that I have, then I just returned it and bought it again with a coupon that one of the gaming section people gave me. How is that being misconstrued as shoplifting? I re-bought my game at the same exact price I had paid for it originally. I never opened the item. I just wanted the purchase to be during the qualifying time period for the RZ offer.[/QUOTE]

If a BestBuy employee gave it to you then you're fine. When you said "grabbed one from the gaming section" that insinuated that you took it on your own accord when no one was looking. :)

Ah. Yea the employee just gave me one when I had mentioned that I was already a subscriber. It didn't seem like it was a big deal. I suppose I could see if you just took one as being somewhat unscrupulous. I thought it was implied that I was some-how gaming the system with an opened product or something, which I was not.

I just thought it would be nice to provide some information on the process for others who were in the same boat as me with products they had already purchased with a coupon and were wondering if they could be re-bought. A coupon is indeed required. It did not seem like it was a problem to be given a second copy of the @gamer coupon. I do not know if I just had a friendly associate or if it's common store policy.

Okay ordered something for $13 after a $5 RZ coupon and I did have the offer in my active offers, so I should be good. Do you recieve the points 20 days after the 23rd or from date of purchase?

Should the promotion be under "Offers and Promotions" on my rewards zone account?

Because it is not there and I voted yesterday on the APP

[quote name='Facebook']Say I get an item that costs exactly $10 and then after tax it ended up costing $10.XX If I give the cashier $10 in Reward zone and basically pay the .XX of tax in cash I should be eligible for this offer. YES or NO?[/QUOTE][quote name='Bestbuy']Yes, that would be eligible. However, in your example I want to make sure you know that $10 is the bare minimum of a subtotal that would qualify (as in an item for $9.99 would not, even if sales tax brings the total above $10). The link below should clear up other popular questions, but let me know if you're unsure of anything else![/QUOTE]

So, we don't need to pay with any cash it sounds like.

[quote name='kylerg']So, we don't need to pay with any cash it sounds like.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

With the newly added "exception," you can pay completely with Reward Zone gift certificates for example.

[quote name='Kanokare']Did we ever get confirmation that the ZOE HD collection with the @game coupon would work? Or is that considered a promo and not eligible?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well. Haven't found an answer in the last few pages.

[quote name='tokyostomp']so i used 15 rewardzone and paid about 10 cash after taxes for a crockpot/slow cooker. hope i get my 500pts[/QUOTE]it should be before tax. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Kanokare']Did we ever get confirmation that the ZOE HD collection with the @game coupon would work? Or is that considered a promo and not eligible?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing yes, because they're basically saying all offers are allowed to combine with it provided you spend at least $10 and it's not a best buy gift card you're buying:

[quote name='bluelark']you can use a Best Buy gift card as a form of tender and qualify, but you cannot purchase a Best Buy gift card and qualify. I hope that helps. ^Coral

Gift cards as a form of payment are eligible for this promotion. ^Coral

You can use a gift card as a form of payment in conjunction with this offer. ^Coral

A purchase with a gift card as a form of payment will qualify towards this promotion, yes. ^Coral

Also: As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer. From http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446[/QUOTE]

I think so too. Found this on FB

Channda Yi Do I still get the 500 credit if I buy the Zone of Enders HD Collection with the 10 dollars off @gamer coupon? It ends up being about 20 dollars after coupon.
22 hours ago · Like

Best Buy Channda- That should still work out just fine!
-Jesse-

[quote name='Gedemer']Should the promotion be under "Offers and Promotions" on my rewards zone account?

Because it is not there and I voted yesterday on the APP[/QUOTE]

No, it won't appear there. Since you voted you already qualify

Going to do the B2G1 to qualify for the sale. Help on what to get?

Playing L4D2, Halo 4, and Civ Rev right now. Looking at Batman AA and AC (definitely getting at least AA), Portal 2, Alan Wake, Forza 4, and Fifa 12. Haven't played any of these games yet. I plan on buying Bayonetta once I get the reward points.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']No, it won't appear there. Since you voted you already qualify[/QUOTE]

Incorrect, it will show there if you qualify If you are not seeing this in your active offers...it is not an active offer for you.

So if I go to Best Buy store and I get a 15$ Amazon GC with my 15$ BB GC I just have to give them my Reward Zone phone number associated with my account and it will go to my account later?

[quote name='Gedemer']So if I go to Best Buy store and I get a 15$ Amazon GC with my 15$ BB GC I just have to give them my Reward Zone phone number associated with my account and it will go to my account later?[/QUOTE]

Yes, assuming you're eligible for the offer.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Yes, assuming you're eligible for the offer.[/QUOTE]

better work -.-

Since I got 49 Points from the surveys and ultimate gym in the past 2 days :D

Anyone else get zero points for voting in today's poll? It happened to me once before and I chalked it up to a glitch. Now I am thinking that maybe there is more to it.

[quote name='ooga']Anyone else get zero points for voting in today's poll? It happened to me once before and I chalked it up to a glitch. Now I am thinking that maybe there is more to it.[/QUOTE]

I got 10 Points just for clicking the "movie" option

Decided to pull the trigger on :360: Dark Souls for $20. Went to pick it up today and got the steelbook collector's ed, that was a nice little surprise. Glad they had this little 500 pt RZ incentive.

[quote name='Gedemer']So if I go to Best Buy store and I get a 15$ Amazon GC with my 15$ BB GC I just have to give them my Reward Zone phone number associated with my account and it will go to my account later?[/QUOTE]

No such thing as a $15 GC. $25 and $50 are the only denominations BB sells.

Do you need to have used the app this week? I bought something for $20 last night with store credit, but I haven't used the app since last week. I did vote today, though.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Do you need to have used the app this week? I bought something for $20 last night with store credit, but I haven't used the app since last week. I did vote today, though.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you are good.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

[quote name='ooga']Anyone else get zero points for voting in today's poll? It happened to me once before and I chalked it up to a glitch. Now I am thinking that maybe there is more to it.[/QUOTE]

I have before, but it showed up in my account still. Check the bottom of the page "my account "

[quote name='Anexanhume']stuff.[/QUOTE]

I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying. We were on the same page. I was saying it has value. As such it's theft. No matter completely OT and doesn't matter now.

the pop up said 0 points but when looking at my transactions, 10 pts is there.

How long does it take to show up on your account online?

Just bought a GC 15min ago and it doesn't say I bought anything online

[quote name='igame']GCS do not count toward the $10 rewards if it did I'd be all over gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do.

It was an Amazon GC

[quote name='Gedemer']Yes they do.

It was an Amazon GC[/QUOTE]

Just saying GC made it sound like a BBY GC, but yeah if a Kindle card then you're fine. Give it about 1-5 days for it to show on your account, usually sooner.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']I've used the app 3 days in a row now and the 500 points doesn't show up in my offers. I assume I'm SoL[/QUOTE]

Im gonna wait until tomorrow (24hrs from now) and if it is not there I will call Best Buy support because they owe me the 500 points lol

EDIT: I actually just reported missing points via online at the reward zone site with my reciept PIN number

[quote name='igame']GCS do not count toward the $10 rewards if it did I'd be all over gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy gift cards don't count. Any other gift card to an outside store/vendor does.

[quote name='Gedemer']How long does it take to show up on your account online?

Just bought a GC 15min ago and it doesn't say I bought anything online[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gedemer']Im gonna wait until tomorrow (24hrs from now) and if it is not there I will call Best Buy support because they owe me the 500 points lol

EDIT: I actually just reported missing points via online at the reward zone site with my reciept PIN number[/QUOTE]

It takes a few days for a purchase to show up in your RZ account. The 500 bonus points won't be available for at least 20 days. It's in the OP.

[quote name='dino88']It takes a few days for a purchase to show up in your RZ account and it will take 20 days for the points to become available to redeem. It's in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Thank you,

I fail at reading i guess :/

Sweet, grabbed a open box WiiU headset and Classic Controller Pro for 12$ each. For safe measure had a cousin get some accessories for a new phone on my account too

Mine Facebook App says "Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases."

With so many people discussing about buying gift cards worth $10 or more, I am not sure if they would get the 500 points.
Or does the message mean vice-versa. Things brought using gift card are not eligible?

[quote name='Gedemer']Just bought a 25$ amazon kindle card with a 15$ BB GC[/QUOTE]
If I use about $16 from a best buy gift card and $10 in reward certificates on this would it still qualify? The way I figure the rewardzone certs just lowers the total price to $15 and so the purchase would still be officially $15.

I just want to make sure that using any rewardzone cert doesn't automatically disqualify the order. I read the op but want to make sure this is OK. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

bread's done
Back