Fourth Annual CAG NCAA March Madness Tourney Contest (Winning Scenarios in post 439!)

[quote name='HighlightShow']
2001060484836281766_rs.jpg

The basket counted?[/quote]

He said that it counted, not that it should have counted. It's not like the refs were going to review a completely irrelevant dunk at the end of a game that had already been won.

And going by the scenario generator, even if every single game goes my way the best that I can get is second to Tyga24. At least Michigan State won yesterday, so it's not all bad.

Did I ever say that it wasn't a blatant foul on the Aggies' last shot? I just said that the whether final dunk counted didn't matter. The dunk was irrelevant.

Well, I'm tied for 2nd but my whole bracket hinges on Stanford and Butler (especially Butler today). If I'm right, I should be set because I don't think anyone at the top has the same screwy picks I have lol

[quote name='HighlightShow']He still got jacked, should have shot free throws.

The refs need to call a fair game even though it was a home game for UCLA.[/quote]

yea, that was a very bad no-call...

[quote name='iPod Wizard']Omg. No Georgetown! = [[/QUOTE]

I'm feel the same way. I think this contest is almost over for me :(.

Edit: Still in it. I'm tie for third place.

[quote name='yakboy86']I'm feel the same way. I think this contest is almost over for me :(.

Edit: Still in it. I'm tie for third place.[/quote]

Watch Davidson beat Wisconsin. That Curry kid will probably get another 35-40 points. -_-

Dah...I had such a hard time with Davidson Gonzaga...had a feeling the winner would go to elite eight though. I'm pulling for Davidson the rest of the way! I guess those close losses to UNC, Duke, UCLA, and NC State (surprised they didn't beat the wolfpack) is really shining through. Didn't know this til the other day, but apparently they scrimmaged against Texas during the year, as well. That's some high caliber opposition. I applaud their non-conference scheduling :applause:.

Man, I really thought Butler would beat Tennessee. I thought they were allowed to be a bit more physical than Butler.The refs seemed a bit looser with the whistle on Butler. I thought Chisum got away with multiple over the backs on some of his rebounds. Not to take too much away from Tennessee, though. They played some really intense D today. Unlike against American, they showed up to play today. I just wish AJ Graves didn't have to go out yet, though. Quality college player right there.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Dah...I had such a hard time with Davidson Gonzaga...had a feeling the winner would go to elite eight though. I'm pulling for Davidson the rest of the way! I guess those close losses to UNC, Duke, UCLA, and NC State (surprised they didn't beat the wolfpack) is really shining through. Didn't know this til the other day, but apparently they scrimmaged against Texas during the year, as well. That's some high caliber opposition. I applaud their non-conference scheduling :applause:.

Man, I really thought Butler would beat Tennessee. I thought they were allowed to be a bit more physical than Butler.The refs seemed a bit looser with the whistle on Butler. I thought Chisum got away with multiple over the backs on some of his rebounds. Not to take too much away from Tennessee, though. They played some really intense D today. Unlike against American, they showed up to play today. I just wish AJ Graves didn't have to go out yet, though. Quality college player right there.[/quote]

yea, davidson is no slouch...i heard about the texas scrimmages too a few days ago

UNC doin a good job on arkansas so far...25 pt lead after half...hope we keep up the good work

With Georgetown's loss I can now get no higher than 8th place, no matter what else happens. Rooting for every single upset now!

for me to win, davidson basically has to win one or 2 more and louisville has to win as well...texas winning over stanford would be big for me as well

[quote name='iPod Wizard']Glad Memphis won. Got a little scared there.
Practice your damn FT's!![/quote]

lol...wtf with derrick rose (a premier guard in the nation) shooting less than 70% FT??

[quote name='swetooth9']lol...wtf with derrick rose (a premier guard in the nation) shooting less than 70% FT??[/quote]

Well he's a freshmen. And he's on Memphis lol. Everybody sucks at FT. x]

Free throw %'s are all moot with the jinx of the gabbing commentators. If they say a guy is money at the free throw line, 1 miss will often follow on 2 shots. If they say a guy is terrible...he'll knock at least one down, if not surprising everyone and hitting both, more often than not. I swear more than half the time, this theorem holds true...especially when you get into the final minutes of a game =]. (although in the final minutes of a game, in all seriousness the pressure is really high, and even high % free throw shooters tend to occasionally clank one every now and then in a very tight game)

WOOOO im 58th

werid thing of poss pts it says i could rank as high as 4th out of the top 10?

doubt it though i think a lot of people picked

Kansas and UCla in the finals

[quote name='darkcecil32']Free throw %'s are all moot with the jinx of the gabbing commentators. If they say a guy is money at the free throw line, 1 miss will often follow on 2 shots. If they say a guy is terrible...he'll knock at least one down, if not surprising everyone and hitting both, more often than not. I swear more than half the time, this theorem holds true...especially when you get into the final minutes of a game =]. (although in the final minutes of a game, in all seriousness the pressure is really high, and even high % free throw shooters tend to occasionally clank one every now and then in a very tight game)[/quote]

well i was referring to his regular season average being as poor as it is for a guard...especially one that gets as much attention as this guy

Yea I know. That was a very sarcastic dig at commentators in general, by me.

For a point guard, anything under low 80's % wise is alarming. 85+ is usually one of the first indicators of stellar point guard play, along with a high assist/to ratio (not sure how rose has fared in this category, i haven't really followed memphis this year).

[quote name='darkcecil32']Yea I know. That was a very sarcastic dig at commentators in general, by me.

For a point guard, anything under low 80's % wise is alarming. 85+ is usually one of the first indicators of stellar point guard play, along with a high assist/to ratio (not sure how rose has fared in this category, i haven't really followed memphis this year).[/quote]

yea, i know what you mean about the commentator jynx though..happens all the time...someone mentions "ellington shoots 88% from the line, so this should be an 2 points," then he misses one...

[quote name='Cow_tipper']He said that it counted, not that it should have counted. It's not like the refs were going to review a completely irrelevant dunk at the end of a game that had already been won.

And going by the scenario generator, even if every single game goes my way the best that I can get is second to Tyga24. At least Michigan State won yesterday, so it's not all bad.[/quote]
Ditto here on evrything go my way and end up 2nd to tyga. I punched in a few different outcomes and tyga has a great shot at winning.

Wow I thought my bracket was cooked so I'm surprised to see I'm in 3rd currently. However I have Gtown in the championship game so I don't see me staying near the top for the long haul.

Just played around with the scenario generator and I guess I have an outside shot if a longshot makes the final four and UCLA does win it all. Looks like I probably need a longshot to get all the way to the championship game from the other half of the bracket. :lol:

Yeah 95th place! WOOO HOOO!

I'm rooting for every underdog from here on out. Especially Nova this week. Kansas has gone far enough. They need to fall hard.

[quote name='Chitown021']Yeah 95th place! WOOO HOOO!

I'm rooting for every underdog from here on out. Especially Nova this week. Kansas has gone far enough. They need to fall hard.[/quote]

kansas can suck it! davidson to the final four plz

Hey, I just noticed. If the Cards win w/the rest of my FF, I could still tie for 1st.
Go Cards !!! 2.5 pt favorites over the 2 seed Vols.

[quote name='y2jedi']Hey, I just noticed. If the Cards win w/the rest of my FF, I could still tie for 1st.
Go Cards !!! 2.5 pt favorites over the 2 seed Vols.[/quote]

cards better win, i have them winning

Hells yeah Xavier coming out big! What a fricking game, Duncan being the man, and BJ looked like a dragon after that last three pointer... fricking scary man.

Well UCLA won't lose tonight it seems (doh)...just want Tennessee to go down. Texas tomorrow, too.

UNC, Davidson, Kansas, Stanford, and Xavier I will cheer for. Memphis vs Mich St. is a wash. Don't really hate either team, but don't particularly like them.

edit: holy shit...western kentucky is still somewhat in it! I stopped watching at half which is atypical of me. Went with the louisvillle tennessee game...may have been a mistake! Started watching with 10:00 left in regulation...

editx2: brazelton with back to back 3's! HELL YEA!

editx3: THEY HAD IT DOWN TO 4 and took the quick 3...it was a good look...but agh!! take a bit more time off the clock! Collison just fouled out though! Super excited.

editx4: ack, looks like it's over...down 12 with about 3 to go...oh well, they gave it a valiant effort and made it exciting at the end.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This has to be the worst bracket I've ever picked.[/quote]

Same for me. I usually have at least 3/5 brackets in the top 10% in espn. My main bracket is also usually my highest scoring one as well. This year has made me cry for my picks, but been great entertainment so I can't complain =].

wow..all blowouts tonight...oh well, all games went according to my plans, so i guess that's fine...but yea, stephen curry is money from deep, plus that REDICULOUS and1 play he had...

lebron was like, "uhh, management...draft that guy with our first round pick whenever he declares for the draft" haha

seriously..such a good shooter...doesn't even need much room or time either...god

[quote name='iPod Wizard']Stephen Curry is ridiculous.
Who'd have thought Davidson would be in the Elite Eight?[/quote]

I did :cool:

Too bad I bombed on a majority of the other picks :cry:

bread's done
Back