Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']on mine and I couldn't generate a new code :bomb:. So I have the old ones but no new one to use there (and that's where all my credit is).[/QUOTE]

you could try purchasing a giftcard with your credit and applying it to the other account.

[quote name='virtualmadden']Well that was cool, guess I'm 100% set on 360 games till next summer.[/QUOTE]

I should be set for a long time as well. I managed to pre-order Borderlands, NBA2K10, Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age: Origins, MW2, Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 all at 20% off.

Although now I anticipate BF won't be quite as exciting.

[quote name='ghozt']you could try purchasing a giftcard with your credit and applying it to the other account.[/QUOTE]
Can't use credit (or another giftcard, which I think the site sees "credit" as) to buy a giftcard.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Guess I will have to revisit the ECA thread to see how this works again. Plus remember to cancel at the end of the year. I hate autorenewals.[/QUOTE]

I used my Credit card that expires within a year so they cannot autorenew on me....

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']There's nothing anyone should get in trouble for over this. What is wrong about it that anyone here did? We placed an order with ECA codes that we paid for? How wrong it is. I will admit, the codes are supposed to be for 10% off, but Amazon made a new system for their codes, so the old ones still react differently then the new ones, and count as separate codes. I am failing to see the problem here.

If we are supposed to be faulted for their mistake (if it even is a mistake; since if they were smart enough, they would have disabled all older codes from working, and replaced them all with the new system); then I don't know what to say.[/QUOTE]

The only way you can take advantage of the stacking thing is if you hoarded old codes, which caused this problem in the first place.

Sorry if this appears elsewhere, but I have a question.

I have signed up for the ECA to take advantage of the free membership and awesome discounts, BUT I cannot seem to find any means of purchasing a year's subscription. I can log in, but if I try to view the member's area it says I am not able to access that area without logging in, which I have already done after replying to the initial email.

I have also tried signing up again with another account, but still no luck. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

If anyone can offer advice or help, it would be much appreciated.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Yeah, I actually just ordered tickets today. I was going to order them during the pre-sale, but no one could give me a straight answer or not if they wanted to go, and finally did now. Right when all the tickets sold-out, so I just bought some cheap ones off of Stubhub. I would have liked to get floor seating, but due to other people, I'll have to settle for upper-upper level seating.

I need to disassociate with these people; yet one of them is my brother, so that one is not do-able.

I'm going to be on the look-out for better seats though (at a reasonable price, not anything super-expensive); so if I do end up finding better ones, I could always just sell these crappy ones on eBay and buy the good ones. So, win-lose or win-win. Either way, long story short, yes, I'll be attending, haha.

Also, for these orders, did anyone else notice that if you have Prime, you don't get release date delivery? That's a bit upsetting, but due to the savings, I guess I could let getting a game two days later slide, as much as it will pain me to have to wait two extra days to play Uncharted or ACII.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're in either the first 4-5 rows by the ring or in the first lower section that's just up off the floor, you're better off NOT going for floor seats. I went for a WCW show long, long time ago and I got seats about 3-4 from the jumbotron and they sucked ass.

People had their lil kids on the seats in front of me standing on the chairs and people behind me were standing on top of theirs the whole show. Total pain in the ass.

I haven't been to a live show in forever, but again, just letting ya know that floor seats ain't all they're cracked up to be.

On topic, I'm still debating this deal, since I wanna get the free year and codes, but I don't wanna risk them charging my actual debit card if I totally forget to cancel.

[quote name='Vegan']The only way you can take advantage of the stacking thing is if you hoarded old codes, which caused this problem in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Yes that is THE ONLY WAY.

Lol or you could cancel a pre-order and use that one. Or you had one left in your cart already. Or someone was kind enough to give you one(I gave away both 1 new and 1 old code last night to people).

[quote name='Trinary']Just use paypal to create a card number, Speaks His Mind. Or use some expiring card.[/QUOTE]

What's Paypal? Round these here parts we believe in CASH and only CASH. :lol: Seriously, after seeing the hassles some people go through with Paypal and the bullshit wrangling you have to do to not incur fees sometimes with them, I'd rather just use a pre-paid card or try this expired pre-paid card instead of even taking half a chance with my own card.

Lame, the codes are down when stuff I am interested in actually appears in my Quick Deals. I had Resonance of Fate, Heavy Rain, and Last Rebellion. Only got to use the code on Heavy Rain =/

[quote name='Green Card200']Lame, the codes are down when stuff I am interested in actually appears in my Quick Deals. I had Resonance of Fate, Heavy Rain, and Last Rebellion. Only got to use the code on Heavy Rain =/[/QUOTE]

If it hasn't been too long and you left that original page open, right click each add to cart button in a new window/tab, cancel the first heavy rain and then order all 3 at once. The code DOES only work for a single use unlike the regular batch of codes, but it still works for multiple items.

[quote name='Green Card200']Lame, the codes are down when stuff I am interested in actually appears in my Quick Deals. I had Resonance of Fate, Heavy Rain, and Last Rebellion. Only got to use the code on Heavy Rain =/[/QUOTE]

If they're all still in your gold box you can cancel that order and put them all in your cart at once to get the discount on all 3.

Thanks, I didn't know the codes worked for more than one item. It didn't the last time I used them which was a while back. The total for those three games came out to be about $130 which isn't too bad. Now I will have to just keep up to date on the previews of these games to make sure I really want them =P

[quote name='Vegan']The only way you can take advantage of the stacking thing is if you hoarded old codes, which caused this problem in the first place.[/QUOTE]

No? I placed a bunch of pre-orders; for things I was planning to purchase. By canceling any of them, that re-adds those codes to my account. I canceled my pre-orders, and ta-da, ECA code appears.

It has nothing to do with hoarding. Unlike most people (now), I actually paid for my membership (damn you, GI), so I believe; even if I wanted to, I could take as many codes as I want to. That's what I paid for, and that's damn-well what I'm going to get.

It wasn't the hoarders that magically made all the Amazon codes disappear - it was the thousands of unpaid members that popped up over the weekend. Sure SOME people hoarded but not all.

Has anyone tried doing this in the past 20 - 30 minutes? I'd like to try doing what WilliamG posted (about getting release-date delivery), and I also want to add Bayonetta to my order (how did I forget that?). However, I'd hate to lose-out on my already amazing deal; if it's not working at the moment.

Edit: Still works, canceled my giant order, and added in a few more games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='goengland']i tried to put in 2 codes abt 15 mins ago, the system took both but only 10% off, so is the stack not workiong anymore?[/QUOTE]

Do you have an order placed already with a code? If so, you'll have to cancel it. I just re-did my order literally a minute ago, so it's still working.

off topic but i hear people saying stuff about gold box and "there deals" do people get specific deals that others dont in gold box?

Signed up. It's been said, but if you're trying to get student discount just register your .edu email as your email address. Took me a while to figure that out.

[quote name='io']You are correct except for the part about the one-time use. The new ones ARE one time use in that you can't even use another 10% code afterwards (unless you have an old one), so you can only do one order where they stack.

The one-time use thing is moot, anyway, since they don't generate more codes right now. So they are one-time use, AND they are out of them again ;). Which sucks because as a test I applied an old/new code on my wife's account just to see what would happen (it worked). Then I went to do it on mine and I couldn't generate a new code :bomb:. So I have the old ones but no new one to use there (and that's where all my credit is). Dammit, don't know what I was thinking. Still, though, since I used $30 trade-in codes on most of my preorders (on top of gold box discount) there isn't much I would have redone anyway. Primarily I was going to redo Demon's Souls because that's the only one I could never get in my gold box quick picks anyway. So the second code results in another $6.70 savings. That would make up not quite half of the $15 ECA membership I paid for ;). I may still order it on my wife's account though (I already cancelled it on mine) but don't have the credit there to do much else.[/QUOTE]
Check your PM's, mate.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Do you have an order placed already with a code? If so, you'll have to cancel it. I just re-did my order literally a minute ago, so it's still working.[/QUOTE]

So if i cancel my existing order with stack codes. I can resubmit another one and i will still get 20% off? Since there are couple games i forgot to add..

People were not kidding about comcast emails not showing up. My school email showed up in 30 seconds flat. Way to go Comc-ass-t!

Anyone know for certain how the ECA promo discount (or any % off promo) works on a large order that contains items that all have different shipping dates? Since Amazon only charges as each item ships, will the discount be applied as 10% (or 20% in this case) of each individual charge or somehow just applied at the end?

I'd assume the former of course... but on the Amazon invoices it is listed as a flat amount off the order total rather than as lowering the price of each game 10%. I also ask because I thought I ran into this before and they had some odd way of doing it.

Awesome, thanks OP!

Was able to get GOW:Collection for $28 after being in my quick pick and using the ECA codes.

[quote name='Moravagine']Anyone know for certain how the ECA promo discount (or any % off promo) works on a large order that contains items that all have different shipping dates? Since Amazon only charges as each item ships, will the discount be applied as 10% (or 20% in this case) of each individual charge or somehow just applied at the end?

I'd assume the former of course... but on the Amazon invoices it is listed as a flat amount off the order total rather than as lowering the price of each game 10%. I also ask because I thought I ran into this before and they had some odd way of doing it.[/QUOTE]

It's a good question. I think it'll be 20% off each game as it comes in, but I guess we'll find out. I got Mario and Luigi Pre-ordered so I'll let you know how much they charged me for it.

Just signed up! glad I waited, was thinking of joining. If it works out, I have no problem w/ them billing my card after a year. We'll see how much it gets used...

I was going to sign up, but Google Chrome pointed out that the site was not using https on the credit card entry page. Did anyone else notice that the credit card payment page was unencrypted?

[quote name='lukeml']I was going to sign up, but Google Chrome pointed out that the site was not using https on the credit card entry page. Did anyone else notice that the credit card payment page was unencrypted?[/QUOTE]

yeah i get the broken lock in firefox. which means part of the page is unencrypted, it still has a SSL certificate tho. I just used a virtual cc # with a small preset limit on it. i'm not really worried but i guess you can never be too safe.

Excellent, was just about to sign up, talked to these guys at the NY Comic Con and they were really cool. Thanks, OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back