Free month of xbox live gold is working again! [DEAD as of 01/28/2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how do you know this? Oh because it didn't happen to YOU they must be lying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link.  Used this and it worked, however I am suspicious because it's free though.  Hopefully I get don't banned for this.  I've been a (discounted) paying member of live for years and years. 

Lately I just feel it's not much of a value and I don't like constantly getting bombarded with ads.  The amount of ads on Live is absolutely crazy.

Maybe the reason it stop working because people were able to stack it so they fixed it. I have a bunch of 48hr trials that I planned to use only when I want to play online but I think I'll use this one again. I've used this every month for like 4 or 5 months with no bans. But after getting all the free games with no bans, I don't wanna give MS a reason to get me. I'll probably just skip this month and if it works next month then cool. They better not ban me for using 48 hr trials though lol. Knock on wood.

Also anyone know what would be the reasoning or wording MS would ban you for using this once every month? I mean what is this promo? Anyone got links to FAQS about it? Thanks.
You signed your rights away they can ban you for breathing...

I would not want to take the risk of using it again. Just in case they are still banning people.

trutfuly I think this promo will vanish by the time xbox one appears .  I really hope my luck dosen't kick in after i say thi.  the ones claiming to have used it only once a month and have been banned are either lying or did somthing else to have gotten banned.  I don't see how it is stealing to use a promotion in the way it is supposed to be used but,  I think somthing in MS system went wrong and it didn't end the promotion when it was suppose to end.

They put these kinds of promo's out to get you to update payment info and allow them to auto renew.  They get what they want you get what you want, im sure the only way you would get banned is by going out of your way to abuse the system.

trutfuly I think this promo will vanish by the time xbox one appears . I really hope my luck dosen't kick in after i say thi. the ones claiming to have used it only once a month and have been banned are either lying or did somthing else to have gotten banned. I don't see how it is stealing to use a promotion in the way it is supposed to be used but, I think somthing in MS system went wrong and it didn't end the promotion when it was suppose to end.
Then if you get banned do not come crying. You people shock me saying this stuff is 100% safe. I think ms needs to swing the hammer more and to bad even if they do people like you will spit out opinions as being fact.

Sheep are fun.

Didn't work for me (in Canada) but not sure why...

It says "your current subscription does not allow it", but I'm a Silver member.

...are you being serious?
o.o no. I lucked out with a free year because the Microsoft store ruined my order and it took weeks of dealing with people who can't speak English and earn maybe a nickel a day to answer phones before I got someone who could communicate coherently in English. Then they offered the free subscription.

did this before and for then XBL had me jumping through hoops just to turn auto renewal off...never again lol
It's actually really simple now. In fact, as soon as you confirm your subscription, they have a link right there on that page. There will be one or two prompts of "Auto-renewal is really awesome; are you sure you want to turn it off?" but it seriously only takes a minute.

did this before and for then XBL had me jumping through hoops just to turn auto renewal off...never again lol
What hoops ? it asks you at the end with bold captions do you want to turn auto renewal off and if you miss that you just sign via xbox page and turn it off in options :dunce:

Damn it and I used a 3monther back around oct when it DIDN"T.  O well at leaast I have soething to look forward to free in January

TG this still works, after 4 yrs my gold just ran out. Still looking for a deal for the 12 month sub, keep missing them.

Anyone got this to work more than twice this time? My first go for the new link expired yesterday and its not working anymore for me. 

I've been using it for a long time and honestly, I don't see how you could get banned for it. It's not our fault MS doesn't fix it so you can't use it over and over.
What was all the talk in the beginning of the thread of people getting banned before then?

What was all the talk in the beginning of the thread of people getting banned before then?
I'm not sure. I remember reading someone said there was a way to stack it over & over and give yourself as many years of Live as you wanted but I'm not sure if that is true or not. I've just been using since January and only once I've been reverted back to Silver.

I'm not sure. I remember reading someone said there was a way to stack it over & over and give yourself as many years of Live as you wanted but I'm not sure if that is true or not. I've just been using since January and only once I've been reverted back to Silver.
Alright thanks. Good luck to me then, just renewed.

Its not working this is the message I get.

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers.

​I don't understand why it says based on my current Live membership since I am currently Silver.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it to work for some reason Xbox.com was still saying I was a Gold member so I signed out and signed back in and it allowed me to use the link.

Got it again, got burned real bad last time tho i forgot to cancel and they decided to charge me the day after i used all the money in my account so I got an overdraft fee. My faultb tho and was out 20 and i don't even play xbox that much anymore anywho learned my lesson instant cancel of auto renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back