Free month of xbox live gold is working again! [DEAD as of 01/28/2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was weird.  I kept getting a "promotion not available" for my account when trying to access it through the mobile version as people suggested, but after the fourth or fifth time it finally took me to the promo.

And just like many of you, the regular version of the site kept taking me to a subscription page asking 1 month @ $9.99 and 12 months at $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone have a spare xbox live gold code any amount would be fine Pm me if you have a code i would appreciate it 

-thanks

i get this error when i try to sign up

"This payment option is used on as many accounts as it’s allowed to be"

Anyone know a fix for this?

What does it mean when canceling auto-renewal and a notice pops up below in green text stating changes won't take effect until the membership expires?

I click off but checked again and it still has on checked? Is it because I'm trying to cancel within 24 hrs of subscribing?

The promotion still works on the Mobile Version of Xbox.com. Tested it myself today.
Ok I just checked my account and I'm gold til the 5th that's why it wasn't working but my brother got his to activate another month. I thought it was silver because I couldn't access netflix, I kept getting an error saying I needed a gold account.
Thanks I will report in a few days if it is still working.

Thanks OP, I'll have to give it a try since the games for gold this month are tempting.

Can't seem to get it to work on the mobile version on pc. I must be doing something wrong.
I couldn't get it to work on desktop without using mobile emulator.

opera#com/developer/mobile-emulator

^The # should be . but I cannot post links yet

I switched to the mobile version on xbox.com, signed in, copied and pasted the link and I'm getting, ""This promotional offer is not available. Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers.".

I've also tried just clicking the link and still get the same message. I've tried this in both IE and Chrome using the mobile version of the xbox.com page. I've cleared cache and cookies in IE and still have the same issue.

I'm still supposed to use the original link on the very first post of this topic right?

I switched to the mobile version on xbox.com, signed in, copied and pasted the link and I'm getting, ""This promotional offer is not available. Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers.".

I've also tried just clicking the link and still get the same message. I've tried this in both IE and Chrome using the mobile version of the xbox.com page. I've cleared cache and cookies in IE and still have the same issue.

I'm still supposed to use the original link on the very first post of this topic right?
Here's what I did:

Since the account is still recognizing you as being a 'gold' member, go on xbox.com, log in, and then log out. Then, from your phone, log in to xbox.com, put the promotion offer URL in the URL bar, and it should pop up from there. For whatever reason, even though you are technically silver when your subscription expires, xbox.com still sees your account as gold until you login and logout.

Here's what I did:

Since the account is still recognizing you as being a 'gold' member, go on xbox.com, log in, and then log out. Then, from your phone, log in to xbox.com, put the promotion offer URL in the URL bar, and it should pop up from there. For whatever reason, even though you are technically silver when your subscription expires, xbox.com still sees your account as gold until you login and logout.
I signed out of xbox.com on my PC then signed into xbox.com on my phone. I used tiny URL to convert the link on my PC. I used the tinyurl link on my phone and it's only giving me the one month for 9.99 or one year for 59.99.

I also logged into cag on my phone, navigated to this topic, and then clicked on the link on the first page and still got the same two non free choices. Is this thing officially dead now?

... On the PC (no freaking mobile devices), on xbox.com, at the bottom of the page you will see "Mobile Version"; click it. Then access the link in the OP. It still works; I renewed today. There are only 2 conditions to be eligible: have an American (USA) account AND really be a free (Silver) member. When your membership expires, make sure you log in on the console and select "Revert to free" from the message that appears immediately after you log in, otherwise you may still be seen as a Gold member.

Mother of mercy it finally worked!

"When your membership expires, make sure you log in on the console and select "Revert to free" from the message that appears immediately after you log in, otherwise you may still be seen as a Gold member."

I logged into my Xbox but did not see this message but I did go to my account settings and confirm that I have an Xbox Live Silver membership. 

I shut my xbox off and tried it again and it finally worked.

So it looks like the only difference that made it work is that I had to sign into my Xbox and then sign off.

Thank you El Snaxwell and UnnyBolt for your help!

Still works everyone. May be a little buggy but just give it some time to revert you back to silver. It might not be instantaneous from when you actually sign in and select "Revert back to Silver" from the console. I will give the step-by-step from my venture in case anyone cares....

1.) Sign in on console

2.) Select "Revert back to Silver"

3.) Sign out on console

4.) Sign out on PC (was already signed in but link wasn't working at this point)

5.) Sign in on console & PC

6.) Sign out on console & PC (link didn't work this time either)

7.) Navigate to CAG website on Samsung Galaxy S (already signed in)

8.) Click link in OP

9.) Sign in when prompted (if not already)

10.) Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Remember you have to have a legitimate card linked to your account. Otherwise, it will not work :wall:

Currently not working for me, it gives me the following message: "

This promotional offer is not available
Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers. "

Anyone else have this happen to them? I logged onto my profile on the console and checked my subscription information and it says Xbox Free is my current active sub, didn't ask me to revert to silver when I logged in either. On the website it says I'm silver but idk. This is on a Canadian account btw, I've used this deal in the past and it worked (without using the mobile method.)

Still working here. Had to sign in and sign out a bunch of times but it did end up working on mobile site. I'm in the USA if that helps?

Currently not working for me, it gives me the following message: "

This promotional offer is not available
Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers. "

Anyone else have this happen to them? I logged onto my profile on the console and checked my subscription information and it says Xbox Free is my current active sub, didn't ask me to revert to silver when I logged in either. On the website it says I'm silver but idk. This is on a Canadian account btw, I've used this deal in the past and it worked (without using the mobile method.)
I had this problem too, I tried on my actual phone and on the mobile version of my computer. What I did was go into account settings and click on the Xbox Live free, then logged into my account on xbox.com (computer version) go into account and verify that I was free. Logged out of both my xbox.com account and turned off my xbox 360. Then, went onto xbox.com's main page. Went to mobile version on the bottom of the page. Went back to OP and clicked link, then voila. Free month of XBLG.

Worked fine for me via website.

Took about 5 minutes for the gold status to actually register.

I just made an account for my dad with the free month lol, sort of taught him how to use the xbox I left back at his house and we got a couple of games of NHL 3 on 3 Arcade in.. Fun times.. Thanks to the CAG(s) who pointed out this still works on mobile

So my membership expired but I'm still afraid to register to this one. Should I or should I not? I don't want any infraction but it's really really tempting even if just once. Anyone here got banned so far? Heard on the previous thread someone was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back